IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I don't think they would really disprove of Nurie when I think of it. And is Timothy really any worse than Derrik or Ben when it comes to providing for a family? I bet he would at least be really nice to his wife. I do imagine him being a very timid person though. I bet Boob would like that.

It's definitely not the kids, I think it's Jill and David. They would not represent the brand well, at least not for JB. I think Jill would be a liability for JB. She is unpredictable and too ambitious ( I mean fundy social climbing!). 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're going the brunch route too, but likely a Saturday! It makes the most sense for our guests, all of my friends are in the season of life (infants, expecting or trying), all of his are still in live in the city and go out every night on the weekend. So we figure brunch, nap time and then schedule some evening activities for the out of town guests/anyone who's interested. We're not sure if we'll do it before or after the baby comes, I'd prefer before, especially since we're not getting the outraged out of wedlock reactions like expected and planned for. We'd planned on a short engagement and then to start trying, but life happens.

That being said, I do hope whenever the married Duggar daughters and Kendra are ready to announce their family is growing, they get to do it on their terms.

Not via a social media story made by his teenage sister about how excited she is at getting to be an aunt, made in the restaurant's bathroom outside the stall where I was losing my stomach. She was supposed to be checking on me, and to her credit did shove club soda under the stall. I'm trying to be really nice and gracious about it, because well, I'd like to have a nice long term relationship with her. She's young, needs some guidance and I'm just young enough to be recognized as still cool, but someone she asks growing pain questions of. I don't want to lose that and I don't want other half/his parents sheer displeasure to change it.  

Just one more day, then they're back at the airport and our life will quiet down again.

That sounds awful writing it, but I doubt I'm the only one who finds playing hostess for a surprise visit utterly exhausting. I can't even imagine how it would be with such a big house or that many kids, or how Jana smiles so much as she organizes and herds. Sorry for the rambling post ;)

One thing about a  morning wedding with a brunch or lunch after, people will be really hungry.   We found that many people skipped breakfast and just came to the noon reception starving.

@neurogirl Brunch weddings can be great! I went to a morning wedding last summer, and it was nice to have the evening free afterwards.

Just be clear with your guests so they know what to expect. The invitation for the one I went to said brunch to follow, and when we got to the reception, we found out that "brunch" meant "waffles". Maybe that's fine for some people, but a waffle is just a glorified dessert to me. I was really hungry so I ate some, but I felt kind of sick to my stomach and sluggish for the rest of the afternoon because it was too much sugar/carbs. We ended up leaving at like 4 to go get a more substantial dinner. If I had known it was only waffles, I would have eaten more before the wedding so I could treat it as a snack, not a meal.

I like brunch weddings, but in my experience people don't dance.  If you expect that and have space to chat, other things to do or something they are great.

Brunch weddings sound like they could be good if you don't want a "party" really. But I look forward to going to weddings so I can have a few drinks and make my husband dance with me haha.  So I mean it's up to the couple what style they want of course but I think personally I'd look forward to an evening event more. With the said I know many introverts and non drinkers who would prefer the calmer setting. I'd still be very happy with breakfast food, it's my favorite! 

Any updates on Joe and Kendra? Seems like the wedding could happen any day now....especially  if they want it to be a part of the new season.

28 minutes ago, Sherresed said:

Any updates on Joe and Kendra? Seems like the wedding could happen any day now....especially  if they want it to be a part of the new season.

No updates, though I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding was tomorrow or Saturday.

Krista Gay ( family friend) posted on her insta story that she was going to Arkansas so it could be this weekend. The thing is the pic looks like she just bought the ticket so it could be in a few weeks but I don't thing the date is very far

I initially predicted early September, but since they've already had the stag & doe I think it'll probably be sometime in the next couple weeks.

I think it will be today or tomorrow. Do we know where Kendra's dad is a pastor? The only reason I ask is because I wonder if they will use his church or Cross Church.

12 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I think it will be today or tomorrow. Do we know where Kendra's dad is a pastor? The only reason I ask is because I wonder if they will use his church or Cross Church.

I think this is Paul Caldwell's church:

http://www.lbctx.org/

Oh I think I got the wrong Lighthouse Baptist Church, since it is supposed to be in Arkansas.

I came there from this page that looks like it is no longer updated: http://www.visitlighthousebaptistchurch.com/our-pastor/

But apparently the main page is not working anymore and directs to the one in Texas.

Now I am confused.

Yeah that's what I was thinking! Maybe they are a chain of churches kind of like the Grace Community Churches. I do know that here in the Houston/Galveston area are a lot of ATI people so it would make a little sense. I actually wanted to find one of these fundie type churches to "observe". Thanks to you I might have found one. haha 

On 8/18/2017 at 7:49 AM, CarrotCake said:

Oh I think I got the wrong Lighthouse Baptist Church, since it is supposed to be in Arkansas.

I came there from this page that looks like it is no longer updated: http://www.visitlighthousebaptistchurch.com/our-pastor/

But apparently the main page is not working anymore and directs to the one in Texas.

Now I am confused.

I think I found the right page. It looks like the old domain expired and was picked up by that "other" Lighthouse church. D'ohh! 

http://www.visitlighthousenwa.com/

I was thinking next Saturday, it'll be the 3 month anniversary of their engagement.  Does anyone know if their marriage license application has been published? I know Pickles has usually posted it but I haven't seen anything 

I saw this on registryfinder.com about a week or so ago.  It has since been changed to Oct. 7.  Don't know if it means anything.

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.58.01 PM.png

A bit late to the discussion, but my cousin got married last weekend and had a brunch reception. For the food they combined both cultures, so Indian food and bagels and lox :pb_lol:

That registry wedding date is probably fake to throw people off the scent. JoStin's one was fake too, IIRC the given date was October or something so she'd be closer to 20. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived