IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

While I wouldn't be surprised if the real wedding was in September, remember that this is the first Duggar wedding in a while in which the bride isn't the Duggar. Kendra's family may have more input and could have convinced her to give herself more planning time. I also feel like Josh and Anna's engagement was also longer than 3 months, but I don't really remember. Can anyone confirm?

Nope. Three months. Engaged on Anna's birthday, June 23rd, married Sept. 26th. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/1/2017 at 6:25 AM, hollywood said:

I feel weird about Kendra and Joe. It seems like Kendra has a crush on him and he thinks she is pretty but I'm not really seeing the "love" there.

She looks star-struck and like she's in fantasy-land.  Getting married into celebrity fantasy is probably hogging what little brain power she's been allowed to gain.  The entire point of her life was to marry and have babies, and she's on track to be a mom before she's 19.  She's winning at fundydom!  Joking aside on that, she's probably excited to feel like she's fulfilling the mission set for her.

He looks like he's hanging out with a buddy.

On 7/1/2017 at 7:12 PM, JMO said:

Jill and Jessa registered for gift cards.  Jessa registered for cereal! Joy registered for hiking boots. They will put anything and everything on their registry.  

I hope the cereal was an inside joke we don't know about.

On 7/7/2017 at 0:56 PM, freejoy said:

When they go to college, only time can tell if the two sweethearts still work together or not.

College?  For a girl Duggar, born or married in?!

She discovered sex.  Wait until the honeymoon's over and the daily life sinks in and the inevitable Duggar scandal kicks up again.

13 hours ago, season of life said:

I understand sharing your registry with friends and family and wanting people to purchase things so you can start wedded life prepared... But why complete strangers? They just know some nutty fan will use their money to buy something off the registry.

Exaaaaaactly.

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

No way would they compete with the Bontrager triple fundy wedding extravaganza !! Half the fundy world [including Mennonites!] will be attending.

[according to the Bontrager website, the Bower-Bontrager double wedding will be the Friday of Labor Day weekend, and then the other Bontrager son will marry that Saturday, in a church.]

Please tell me more so I an find the right people in google.  3 weddings in a weekend?  Why?

Wait so Austin and Joy have a shared instagram account now? Is it really them? Bc i could see some leghumper making a fan account then sharing the registry stuff.

On the other hand, a classmate of mine was pregnant last year and shared her baby registry on facebook... which I thought was super tacky... l

7 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Wait so Austin and Joy have a shared instagram account now? Is it really them? Bc i could see some leghumper making a fan account then sharing the registry stuff.

I think so. Jessa, Jill & Jinger all follow @austinandjoyforsyth

2 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

The entire point of her life was to marry and have babies, and she's on track to be a mom before she's 19.  She's winning at fundydom!  Joking aside on that, she's probably excited to feel like she's fulfilling the mission set for her.

He looks like he's hanging out with a buddy.

My cousin is engaged to a fundy-medium women. She could fit in with the duggars pretty well, I MET her about Christmas last year and she was already talking babies and saying how she was a "late bloomer" because she was 24 and not married. (Not that I can judge I got married right after turning 24 and my baby will be born when I'm still 25). But anyway, That was my first clue then I noticed she has that headship stare down pat. I think they must pull them aside in Sunday school to teach them or something. My cousin however, I've never seen him look horribly interested in her. I know he's serious because he quit drinking, smoking cigarettes and weed, started going to church, and he is now helping with a small youth group. (Without her he might have ended up in prison). I digress it's a weird situation...Anyways, all this to say that I think that fundy men are not suppose to show real interest or admiration toward their significant other, just like the females learn how to do the headship state. Also, Kendra is absolutely winning in fundy terms. She had Joe pretty much on lock as soon as she was legal. (I mean let's face it courtship equals marriage 90% of the time). And not only that she's marrying "up" so to speak. This is as good as it gets in her opinion probably!

10 hours ago, Palindrome said:

I always knew the Duggars had no shame but this is something else.

It truly is. Asking gifts from people who you haven't invited to your wedding... :crashh: 

Edit. I had to look for Claire's website since I had no idea what kind of a shop it is... let me just say that Kendra IS NOT ready to get married.

Are Joy and Austin whoring out their registry because they're not getting a lot of buyers?

51 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Are Joy and Austin whoring out their registry because they're not getting a lot of buyers?

Not getting a lot of buyers? Most of the big-ticket stuff is bought. Lots of the other stuff, too. It's mostly the gift cards that aren't completed.

I do think it's hilarious that they got 3 crockpots. I wonder whether they requested multiple or multiple people ordered them in a short timeframe.

I bet Joy and Austin looked around at all the loot they got from internet strangers (suckers) and thought they'd have Joe and Kendra join the gravy train. 

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Edit. I had to look for Claire's website since I had no idea what kind of a shop it is... let me just say that Kendra IS NOT ready to get married.

Right? I'm in my early 40's and the only reason I ever walk into Claire's is to buy gifts for my nieces who are ages 6-10. They do have sterling silver nose rings which I do pick up there from time to time but I feel like such a creeper walking in. 

4 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Right? I'm in my early 40's and the only reason I ever walk into Claire's is to buy gifts for my nieces who are ages 6-10. They do have sterling silver nose rings which I do pick up there from time to time but I feel like such a creeper walking in. 

Yes, Claire's is a good place for 10-year-olds to spend their allowance. I've been there a few times as an adult to get my ears repierced (didn't wear earrings much for a few years and they kept closing up).

This mini-registry scandal is probably the most interesting thing about Joe and Kendra so far. I think they might be the most boring Duggar couple yet. 

I have never heard of anyone putting restaurant gift cards on a registry before the Duggars did. I have bought or contributed to restaurant gift cards when people had babies, surgeries, illnesses, deaths in the family...You know when it's hard/ inconvenient to cook.  You are supposed to learn how to cook with all of your new kitchen stuff when you are a newlywed. 

The only reason I can come up with a Claires gift card is maybe to buy jewelry for her bridesmaids? But my daughter grew out of Claire's before she got to high school. Is there an adult version of Claires??? I want to say I saw a similar store at the mall, but with more grown up items. 

This effin registry....some fool actually bought them an inflatable kayak. UGH

I can see someone like Jill Rod buying them a krispy kreme gift card and an overpriced candle, telling the Rod kids "we'll eat a little bit less tonight, but it's all worth it because maybe we'll get to go to the next Duggar wedding!"

Come to think of it, maybe this is all a ruse to filter out possible wedding guests - only invite the ones who buy a gift beforehand. Its sick but I woudn't put it past them...

25 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Is there an adult version of Claires??? I want to say I saw a similar store at the mall, but with more grown up items. 

It's called Icing and it's not a lot better... they have similar styles things just add in flasks, belly button rings, wine glasses, etc and anyone that can legally drink probably doesn't shop there anymore.

@Dubiousclaire You might be thinking of a chain called Icing. They're a lot like Claires, except their stuff is more geared towards college-aged women. They sell jewelry/accessories there, but they also sell small home decor items that are well suited for a dorm room or a small apartment. Heck, I still have dream catchers I bought at Icing all over my apartment, and I'm 29 :pb_smile:

I don't get the restaurant giftcards being on their wedding registry, but then again, I put a skull-shaped egg fry mold, and coasters with pictures of a young Mr. Rogers flipping the bird on my wedding registry, so I may have to withold judgement RE: Putting stupid gift requests on a wedding registry. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

This mini-registry scandal is probably the most interesting thing about Joe and Kendra so far. I think they might be the most boring Duggar couple yet. 

The Duggar's version of boring is as close our version of normal as they're going to get probably. Joe seems content to stay out of the limelight, so Kendra will follow suit. It doesn't make for great tv, but it's a better start for a marriage than cameras following you around. 

39 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

The only reason I can come up with a Claires gift card is maybe to buy jewelry for her bridesmaids? But my daughter grew out of Claire's before she got to high school. Is there an adult version of Claires??? I want to say I saw a similar store at the mall, but with more grown up items. 

Around here we have Charming Charlie's. I've been in 4 different weddings in the past year (including my own) and all of the brides (including me) went to Charming Charlie's to get matching necklaces for the bridesmaids as part of the bridesmaid's gifts. It's similarly priced but a lot more grown up. 

14 minutes ago, blackberry said:

The Duggar's version of boring is as close our version of normal as they're going to get probably. Joe seems content to stay out of the limelight, so Kendra will follow suit. It doesn't make for great tv, but it's a better start for a marriage than cameras following you around. 

So far I haven't seen them shy away from the cameras that much. I mean, this is the Duggar who proposed to his girlfriend at his sister's wedding. 

Yes! Icing is the store I was thinking of. My daughter's friend got room decor there in high school.  Are they affiliated with Claire's, or totally separate? 

I have been in Charming Charlie's. I would say they are geared to college age and above, and more expensive than Icing. But that would be a good choice for a wedding since they have their collections by color scheme. 

So, back to the point that no normal bride (that isn't a child) would shop at Claire's.  Maybe she will buy stuff for the little girls? 

Yes Claire's and Icing are essentially the same company, just geared towards different age groups. I am not much for accessorizing but I've been in Charming Charlie's with my mom and sister and they have nice stuff. Plus I love how everything is coordinated by color.

On 2 juli 2017 at 7:45 PM, Million Children For Jesus said:

The only one that didn't seem thrilled about her partner was Jessa, but I think she and Ben have common values, and she values him as a social collaborator. She is flippant all of the time, so maybe she really was thrilled, but doesn't express it as obviously as the other girls. Jill gushes, Jinger drools, Joy writes love notes, Anna genuflects, and Jessa is just Jessa. 

I think "drooling over The Babe" would be a great post count title ;) 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived