IGNORED

Scottie Brown's got the begging bowl out

WonderingInWA

So this email just dropped into my box today.  Classic begging bowl language from dear old Scottie who has 7 more mouths to feed after taking Kelly and the kids in.  Get a real job, Scott.  You are next to go down, I think.  Good luck with that!

http://mailchi.mp/ncfic/maintaining-a-good-reputation-whose-favor-really-matters-god-or-man-1331705?e=e079c14fb8

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the theme of this year's NCFIC conference is "Repentance"?

Yo, Scotty. Are you going to repent publicly of your fucked up theology and asshat patriarchy which led directly to the implosion of your oldest daughter's marriage, leaving her & your six grandchildren adrift?

Won't be holding my breath.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

So the theme of this year's NCFIC conference is "Repentance"?

Yo, Scotty. Are you going to repent publicly of your fucked up theology and asshat patriarchy which led directly to the implosion of your oldest daughter's marriage, leaving her & your six grandchildren adrift?

Is Scottie throwing passive-aggressive shade on bon vivant Monsieur Tool, who decided to ignore repenting, and got about gallivanting in Europe instead?

Damn, that letter needs a firm editorial hand.  There's a very subtle undertone of 2 am drunk dial, flop sweat and desperation.   Could it be that the help meets are keeping the operation afloat with their diary-based business?  And yes, 7 more mouths to feed...

Wow, The first two lines:

If our work has been helpful to you, would you consider supporting us financially?

We are almost a 100% donation based ministry. Would you consider supporting us financially. 

Little thirsty there, Scottie. 

Also, he desperately needs a proofreader to correct his pluralization, commas, and flow. I always thought NCFIC was a bit more professional than this-- more on the level of the Botkins. But that letter wouldn't pass muster at a local food bank I used to edit for. Also makes me wonder what Kelly's home school education was like.

Mmmmmmmm-hmm - the only surprise here is that it's taken him this long. Methinks Scottie's empire is crumbling around him. Time for him to sell one or two of those classic cars he collects.

NCFIC's Facebook page has, for months, been little more than a video mishmash of other ministers, bloviating away. Ditto for its website. Yes, lots of talk about repentance, which I've suspected has been aimed at Tool and at Peter Bradrick (who, still, seems to have disappeared from sight). More books and seminars on "We know the. one. right. way. to be married." And, of course, absolutely no public acknowledgement of the pickle in which Kelly now finds herself. Repentance? Not for Scottie!

Re: the professionalism of the Botkins' sites - that struck me as funny, because I think they, too, are going down fast. The "Western Conservatory" site hasn't been updated since last year's Brexit vote; ditto for its FB page, except for a bit of Mother's/Father's Day merch shilling. The Botkin sisters tried several months ago to make hay with a rehashed edition of their book "It's Not That Complicated," but other than that, total radio silence. I suspect they're all living off the proceeds of Lucas' T-Rex Arms holster biz and shoot-'em-up videos. It will be interesting to see if they make appearances at this September's WWII re-enactment event in Linden TN.

35 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Re: the professionalism of the Botkins' sites - that struck me as funny, because I think they, too, are going down fast. 

Oh, I don't think they're making much money, but I do think they did a better job of putting on a professional veneer on their company. It may have been an extension of their pretentiousness, but at least the Botkin sisters can follow basic grammar rules and bother to proofread things before sending them out. I'm still shocked at the number of "traditionalist" Fundamentalist homeschooling-associated organizations who can't.

I'm guessing the top-notch edit job was done by Scottie's son, David,.  It was probably written by him, too, or maybe an intern.  One thing Scottie isn't is a poor writer/orator.  Which was why this post caught my attention.

4 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

One thing Scottie isn't is a poor writer/orator.

He's actually college-educated, something he denied his kids. Ass hat.

33 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

I'm guessing the top-notch edit job was done by Scottie's son, David,.  It was probably written by him, too...

Do we know if David has a "real" job? I remember something about computer graphics, but... Well, having your own computer graphics business is kind of like the guy version of photography in Fundieland. I swear to God, I don't know how Justin Turley supports a wife and 4 kids. From his website, it seems like he has about three graphics jobs a year, and leads a few sparsely-attended historicalright-wing propaganda tours, too. Seriously, how do you earn a decent living from that? 

13 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Do we know if David has a "real" job? I remember something about computer graphics, but... 

I don't recall him having a graphics business, but do remember he was employed by Daddy-o in some capacity.  And who needs a real job when you've got the sufficiency of scripture???  He got married at 17 and was homeskooled and has 5 kids -- definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

19 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

And who needs a real job when you've got the sufficiency of scripture???  

:pb_lol:

"He who does not work, neither shall he eat." And yet there is David, seemingly doing very little, yet appearing quite well fed. 

22 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

I don't recall him having a graphics business, but do remember he was employed by Daddy-o in some capacity.

Doesn't Scott have some kind of real estate business? Someone who lived in that part of NC commented on it a while back. I'd always assumed that David & maybe Blair Tsantles were drawing paychecks from that business in addition to the ministry grifting dollars.

22 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

:pb_lol:

"He who does not work, neither shall he eat." And yet there is David, seemingly doing very little, yet appearing quite well fed. 

I get the impression he has separate money from his father, though it could come from his father. He payed for his sister and her children to take a little vacation with his family. 

19 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Doesn't Scott have some kind of real estate business? Someone who lived in that part of NC commented on it a while back. I'd always assumed that David & maybe Blair Tsantles were drawing paychecks from that business in addition to the ministry grifting dollars.

Doesn't Taylor have some kind of graphic design business, as well? He doesn't seem to participate in grifting at any rate. 

4 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I get the impression he has separate money from his father, though it could come from his father. He payed for his sister and her children to take a little vacation with his family. 

Doesn't Taylor have some kind of graphic design business, as well? He doesn't seem to participate in grifting at any rate. 

I wonder if he works for his family of origin.  What did Mr. Tsantles The Elder do? My memory fails.  

9 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Yes, lots of talk about repentance, which I've suspected has been aimed at Tool and at Peter Bradrick (who, still, seems to have disappeared from sight).

Or maybe Mr. Brown is planning on finally addressing this:

https://ephesians511.wordpress.com/

Nah...

OMG -- I remember reading about that quite some time ago, but had no context for Scottie at the time. 

Would you consider doing one of the following things to help us?

1. Consider giving a large donation in the next couple of months.

2. Put us on your monthly giving.

3. Introduce us to someone who loves our ministry and would like to help us financially spread the message of the sufficiency of scripture for church and family life. You can send them my email (scott@ncfic.org) so we can get connected.

Intern: "Mr. Brown, we just received a mailer from the "Puppies for Kids with Cancer" foundation and their state that 'Every little bit helps -- even if it's $20' so I thought..."

SB: "Screw that $20 crap, we need cash and we need it now!"

Intern: "OK, Mr. Brown."

1. Consider giving a one-time gift, even if it's $20.
1. Consider giving a large donation** in the next couple of months.

** Note to self, better make this a like to the donation page too.

====

You send me an email like that and you will get NO money from me -- ever.  I will also tell my friends to look elsewhere for their charitable donations  AND I'll start to seriously doubt your faith, your ministry and maybe even your judgment... but that's just me.

Yeah, that "large donation" language is just crazy.  It has to be one of his very green interns that wrote it and posted it without his review.  As much as I despise Scottie, I think even he would have been more graceful than that when begging for money.  Maybe I'm wrong.  It's hilarious, though, that his signature appears at the end.  Misfire, Scottie!  Best get that "general manager" son of yours better training in marketing and writing!

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I wonder if he works for his family of origin.  What did Mr. Tsantles The Elder do? My memory fails.  

Unfortunately, I've no idea. 

I admit I find myself curious about Taylor. He was so stinking young when he married, but from outside appearances (tiny and rare as they may be) he seems well-suited to his role in life. 

Ugh, it makes me simultaneously angry at the sheer gall and embarrassed at how cringeworthy it is that this basically says "give us lots of money, send us money every month, and get more people to send us money too, pleeeeeease?!?"   Ick.

This is only a couple of steps from looking like a blatant parody.

On 6/28/2017 at 10:50 AM, Marian the Librarian said:

NCFIC's Facebook page has, for months, been little more than a video mishmash of other ministers, bloviating away. Ditto for its website. Yes, lots of talk about repentance, which I've suspected has been aimed at Tool and at Peter Bradrick (who, still, seems to have disappeared from sight). More books and seminars on "We know the. one. right. way. to be married." And, of course, absolutely no public acknowledgement of the pickle in which Kelly now finds herself. Repentance? Not for Scottie!

Re: the professionalism of the Botkins' sites - that struck me as funny, because I think they, too, are going down fast. The "Western Conservatory" site hasn't been updated since last year's Brexit vote; ditto for its FB page, except for a bit of Mother's/Father's Day merch shilling. The Botkin sisters tried several months ago to make hay with a rehashed edition of their book "It's Not That Complicated," but other than that, total radio silence.

I'd kind of wondered about things, too. I know enough folks in missions and ministry circles to know that they generally find fundraising awkward. I've read many fundraising letters that were earnest, but not all that professional. As someone not in ministry, I often get the feeling that there's a tension for people between the work they believe in and the connections they want to make with people,  and the need to present business matters professionally if they are to make enough to stay afloat.

Since the Botkins (and I think Scott Brown does as well) have at least something of a business background, I am surprised that they've been falling off on things like updating websites frequently, blogging, interacting online and in person with folks.  I've noticed that the Botkins have stopped coming to homeschool conferences, though some of that may be due to Geoff Botkin's health.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:43 AM, Howl said:

Is Scottie throwing passive-aggressive shade on bon vivant Monsieur Tool, who decided to ignore repenting, and got about gallivanting in Europe instead?

It's been interesting to see how the VF heavy hitters have landed in the years since VF imploded.  Very interesting, indeed.

DPIAT seems to have managed to land on his feet, in spite of everything.  He found a way to re-invent himself and kept his marriage / family intact (as far as we know).  I can't say I am surprised however Scottie has to be positively seething.  Bradrick!, he who sat at the right hand of DPIAT and denounced as a destroyer, is divorced and has dropped out of sight, leaving Kelly and 6 children on Scotties doorstep, in a manner of speaking.    Scottie has has to be scrambling big time, with 7 mouths to feed, but maybe he should consider selling off the classic cars and make some other adjustments / sacrifices, you know, like a lot of us ordinary folks do when we hit hard times.

Not very sympathetic towards Scottie and the situation he's in though I am sorry for Kelly and the kids.  That woman was screwed over big time.

Whoooeee, I hope that Scottie is in good health and has some kind of health insurance.  If he became extremely ill (I'm thinking cancer, which typically has very high treatment costs) or something similar,  how would they pay his medical bills or any bills at all?  When you consider the sheer number of folks under his roof, if something went sideways, it could quickly spell hard times ahead.  I know the wife and daughter have a raw milk and yogurt dairy business, but how much can that bring in? 

Dang, let's hope medical bills or delaying treatment due to cost are not the underlying cause of dialing for dollars. 

(Note that this is idle speculation.  I know zip zero about the health status of any of the elder Browns, their spawn, or the spawn of their spawn.)

On 6/28/2017 at 9:47 PM, WonderingInWA said:

Yeah, that "large donation" language is just crazy.  It has to be one of his very green interns that wrote it and posted it without his review.  As much as I despise Scottie, I think even he would have been more graceful than that when begging for money.  Maybe I'm wrong.  It's hilarious, though, that his signature appears at the end.  Misfire, Scottie!  Best get that "general manager" son of yours better training in marketing and writing!

It wouldn't surprise me if the crop of applicants was a little sparse this year :pb_confused:

Archived