Coconut Flan

Infertility sucks. I had my first child at 19. Got pregnant while on bc so I thought I was super fertile. 10 miscarriages and 13 years later I finally had number two, three, and four within 3 years ( number four passed away). It's torture, plain and simple. It consumes all thoughts. I'm sorry for anyone dealing with it.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, melon said:

I love that series Poldark!I have to wait until October,here.

I love Poldark. The new season is really good so far!

Headed out of town for a bit of a break... I wont be able to do the recap monday night (because I wont be home)... who's gonna pick up my slack?

59 minutes ago, melon said:

I am anxiously waiting until October.

you could try YT or the streaming...i couldn t wait when a friend told me how good the 3x01 was

49 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Headed out of town for a bit of a break... I wont be able to do the recap monday night (because I wont be home)... who's gonna pick up my slack?

I can do it. 

1 hour ago, melon said:

I am anxiously waiting until October.

Blast!! October!! well, it'll be back to back outlander and poldark then for the fall!

13 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I was really tempted to downvote this because I feel so bad for Michael. But yeah, maybe that is what He's saying.

I thought no one had given me reputation for this, but a notification said some people had. Apparently the upvotes and downvotes are even.

1 minute ago, Irene said:

I found Jinger reaction to the pregnat qustiion over the top, and just plain bad acting.

Thank you for saying this because that's how I read it too. 

26 minutes ago, sparklymagie said:

Thank you for saying this because that's how I read it too. 

I read it as a contrived plot point.  Its not the duggars unless we're inquiring about the current state of someone's uterus, discussing the occupancy of a uterus, or the potential occupancy of a uterus.  Jinger is not exempt from the humper's desire to watch them breed like rabbits.

It would be refreshing to have an entire episode without the mention of pregnancy. I can think of 50 plot lines and yet they regurgitate the same drivel. 

These girls grew up following their mothers menstrual cycle on the calendar and keeping a bulk box of pregnancy tests. There is no way Jinger's reaction and Jessa's "tsk tsk" was anything but contrived for TV .

I am sad reading all the infertility stories on here. It seems that the people who want children the most and would give them a great life are the ones that have the most problems. And then on the other hand, you have my kid's biological mother who's had 7 kids with a ton of different dads and has custody of none of them. It's just not fair!

Someone suggested a ways back about Jinger not being into being a sister Mom and doing just the basics of what she had to do. I was watching an old episode of 19 Kids last night and there was one part where all the littles were going crazy and Jinger made mention of how annoying they were (that's my paraphrasing, can't remember exactly what she said). But the point was that they were rowdy and irritating to her.

I wonder if she even wants kids. Is it possible in this cult to think about not having them just because you don't want to? They probably have never even met any childfree by choice people. I still think she and Jeremy are doing something to prevent and I wonder if it's because maybe she really only wants a couple kids. Back to the infertility discussion, if she does want them and is sad about not conceiving yet then yes, I would feel bad for her.

5 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It would be refreshing to have an entire episode without the mention of pregnancy. I can think of 50 plot lines and yet they regurgitate the same drivel. 

I miss the old days, when 17 kids counting on/sister wives startet when they where filming there everyday life, and asked qution here and then with answer, now ist just 45 minutes with "5" min reality, and the siting on the couch saying stuff we have already heard over and over again.

Sorry english not my first launguage, and drinking whisky and coke with a boyfriend (romemate?) who does care that I do!!! :D

One of my cousins struggled with infertility for a year and a half, and after she finally got pregnant with her daughter, her stupid husband was disappointed the baby was a girl instead of a boy. To this day he still says crap like, "Its no loss to me, we still have time to make a boy." :my_angry:  I imagine Brandon and Michaela, even with their patriarchal beliefs, would be thrilled regardless of what sex their baby ended up being. Hopefully they can adopt, or make an exception for fertility treatments. On another note, I never understood why birth control or fertility drugs would be considered interferance with God's will. Women get pregnant on the pill all the time, and some women don't get pregnant even with fertility drugs, so it seems to me like if God wants someone to have a baby, he/she/it will make that happen regardless of our silly human hormone pills. :pb_lol:

I am wondering, if a sex with my boyfriend I feel good1

howwever if I have sex with my slf, I feel guilty, why is thtat?

59 minutes ago, Irene said:

I miss the old days, when 17 kids counting on/sister wives startet when they where filming there everyday life, and asked qution here and then with answer, now ist just 45 minutes with "5" min reality, and the siting on the couch saying stuff we have already heard over and over again.

Sorry english not my first launguage, and drinking whisky and coke with a boyfriend (romemate?) who does care that I do!!! :D

They also had to explain and defend their beliefs more back then. Now it seems like all the questions are pre-approved by the Duggars. Every. Damn. Question. Is a softball. Ive been tempted to start a thread on FJ, " what do you REALLY want the crew to ask? " I'll start with blanket training, their relationship with Bill Gothard, and how saying "I love you" in their courtships isn't giving away pieces of your heart. Oh, and the leave and cleave bullshit. Oh and why the Dullards beg for money when they can afford their vacation pretending to convert Catholics. And...ok, getting on a roll here...

On 2017-06-29 at 5:16 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

There is nothing in this world like trying to be happy for pregnant friends/family when all you want in the world is a baby.

And this right here is why unwanted infertility for Michael is more hellish then it was for me (and mine was heartbreaking and awful). I once made a (really sadistic) list of all the babies that had been born to friends, family and coworkers during the time that we had been trying and it was a long list. A long list of forced smiles and desperate crying in the bathroom.

But I didn't live in a culture where everyone around me was popping out babies like popcorn machines. My list was long. But I'm sure Michael had a longer list then mine after six months of trying and as the years go by her list will become longer and longer and longer. If her siblings  have five kids each on avarage (and that seems like a low estimate considering they are QF) that will be 90 kids just in her family. That is A LOT of bathroom crying. 

I also didn't live in a culture where having a baby was my only option. I had a job that I liked, friends and family that wouldn't think less of me if I stayed childless and I was starting to think that we should just stop trying and travel the world and I could be the most awsome aunt ever. If there had been no Miniway I think I could have still had a happy, fulfilling life. Can Michael?

17 hours ago, Mela99 said:

These girls grew up following their mothers menstrual cycle on the calendar and keeping a bulk box of pregnancy tests. 

Gross. Growing up the last thing on my mind was my mom's menstrual cycle. WTF.

I can promise you that infertility is just as hellish for someone like me, who doesn't live in a culture like Michael, as it is for her. All around me people are popping out babies left and right, it's honestly one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. I really feel for her, because it's pretty obvious that her desire to have kids is far more than what her religion/culture expects of her...but because she truly loves kids and wants to be a mom.

I think the 'following mother's menstrual cycle' thing is a rumour that gets repeated as fact over and over again. I'm not saying it didn't happened - it doesn't sound that outrageous to me - but I'd love to finally see an actual source for it (i.e. not 'I remember seeing it in one of the old episodes 6 years ago').

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived