Coconut Flan

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bravo @divadivine for recapping! Now go have a good strong delicious adult drink and rest your brain in case you have to do this again next week.

Thanks for the recaps!!! Two comments:

1) why does Jana have to go to jessa's to get the birth bag ready? Why does she have to do everything???

2) has Jinger broken the record for staying not pregnant the longest post-wedding? I'm still holding out hope they are using birth control.

so quick question.  I read on here often that people think Ben acts stoned much of the time, and I have to agree he does.  But does anyone seriously believe the guy is truly lit up?  Wouldn't that violate some fundie rule?

I'm more inclined to believe that Ben has allergies and whatever medication he takes makes him out of it, over the idea that he's getting his 420 on.

I loved the donation/gift bag idea they had at Jessa's shower.  

Did Joy playfully poke Austin's dad in the belly?  That's got to be against the rules?! I don't get the jerk vibe from his dad that others seem to get. 

I'm pretty sure they labeled Jeremiah as Jedidiah in one of the TH. 

Someone in the previous thread asked if Jinger has gone the longest without being preggo and the answer is yes.  Anna got pregnant 4 months in, Jill was preggo immediately, and Jessa got pregnant 3 months in. Jinger has been married almost 8 months without an announcement.  She could be pregnant but unless she waited a very long time to announce she will be the longest.  We still need to see what happens with Joy. 

12 minutes ago, JMO said:

Someone in the previous thread asked if Jinger has gone the longest without being preggo and the answer is yes.  Anna got pregnant 4 months in, Jill was preggo immediately, and Jessa got pregnant 3 months in. Jinger has been married almost 8 months without an announcement.  She could be pregnant but unless she waited a very long time to announce she will be the longest.  We still need to see what happens with Joy. 

Did you see Jinger's face when Jill asked if she was pregnant? Awesome! I'm wondering if this was the start of the bickering?

I wonder if Jinger had asked Jessa to tell the sisters to knock it off with the pregnant questions?  Obviously, they have zero boundaries and Jinger seemed pissed. I bet she had a conversation with Jessa later. Jill is such a nark, it's almost like she was a kid again trying to tattle.

I realized with this episode that they aren't super affectionate to their nieces/nephews really. Like it was only when they were trying to figure out the sex of Henry really.

It also made me wonder would they put Anna's jender reveal on this season?

I thought the last part of the episode was sweet.  I do feel badly that these women have grown up believing they must show their intimate birthing moments on TV, but that aside, Jessa seemed more real this time than in most other episodes.  And it does seem as if she and Ben are pretty sweet together.  I also enjoyed seeing James sitting with both Izzy and Spurgeon on his lap and it was nice to see more of Justin who always seems to be one of the forgotten duggar boys.  So it was nice to see him get some special recognition.  He sure looks like Jessa. 

I was grossed out by how dirty their 'hot kitchen' was.  Not just from the smoking oven, but just in general.  Brooms and cleaning supplies mixed with food supplies, and I think I saw a Kitchen aid mixer just sitting on the floor.  I am not Susie Homemaker myself, but I don't like to see things used for cleaning, like brooms, mops,  dust rags, etc mixed in with food preparation areas.  To me, food prep areas should be clean areas, and things that are dirty, like a mop head, should be stored away from food prep, or at least in a closet or cabinet and not just sitting right out near where you are cutting up chicken. 

I did not get the impression that Jinger was sad when asked about being pregnant.  I think she was taken aback by the bluntness of the question because it seemed like they were discussing other things, her adapting to Laredo, etc and then Jill just cut off that conversation by jumping on to the pregnancy thing.  I also don't think Jinger and Jeremy are actively trying to get pregnant, but have no idea if they are actively avoiding it. 

Poor Jill,  I don't think she is going to have a similar birth experience to Jessa.  And I hope she won't be too disappointed if she ends up with another C section or a hospital birth.   Boy does Derick look terrible, especially in comparison to even a little over a year ago.  Something is off with them, but I can't put my finger on it.  Izzy is cute though.  Spurgeon is a cutie too and he reacted very much like most kids that age whose world has been turned upside down.  He seems a jovial sort of  kid overall, so I think he will adapt and do just fine, but I do hope that Jess and Ben slow down the baby train a bit.  They need to concentrate on the kids they have and not on creating more and more. 

I am currently watching the episode. These girls really have no idea how it works in the outside world. Just buying houses without having worked a day in their lives, as if that is something you do every day. Don't they realize how..... weird this is to viewers? The Bennett house... take out the pool and you have a great room for homeschooling your kids.

4 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I am currently watching the episode. These girls really have no idea how it works in the outside world. Just buying houses without having worked a day in their lives, as if that is something you do every day. Don't they realize how..... weird this is to viewers? The Bennett house... take out the pool and you have a great room for homeschooling your kids.

I would just adore a U shaped house. I would put in a smaller heated pool and surround it with plants. It would be my sanctuary. In a region that's warmer in winter, in a fantasy land where I could just go, "yes, I'll take that one," without troubling about things like money.

Isn't it a bit weird that Joy says she and her THREE older sisters could be pregnant at the same time. She has four older sisters and I understand one of them aren't married. But neither was Joy when she said it. 

10 hours ago, itqitc said:

I loved the donation/gift bag idea they had at Jessa's shower.  

Did Joy playfully poke Austin's dad in the belly?  That's got to be against the rules?! I don't get the jerk vibe from his dad that others seem to get. 

I saw that, Joy seems to be very spirited and down right fun, she's a little snarky a little sassy, she seems to call bull shit when she smells it and doesn't seem to take a lot of things as serious as her parents/siblings. Which I could say is typical 19 year old behavior but it is very atypical in fundydum where all frivolity and individuality is beaten out of them at a very young age.   I also saw a lot of pics of Fort Rock where Mr. Forsyth seemed to be doing very undignified things like horsing around, making facing playing with kids all things that appear very contradictory to his strict parent persona. Perhaps his authoritarian ways lightened up a bit after Austin turned 18 and started making his own money?  While I don't doubt he was very strict I'm starting to think ht was also somewhat light hearted and kind as well, you can be both, though it is a very strange contradiction when it is done. 

Meh, I'm not going to snark on asking people to bring donations rather than gifts. Even if it's the charity equivalent of a crisis pregnancy center, it's still a nice idea.

Also not going to snark on stuff burning off in the oven. That may or may not happen on a regular basis with the oven and stove around here... :pb_confused: Though if the kitchen in general is how @calimojo described, ick. And shame on them for letting a Kitchen-Aid sit on the floor; those suckers are expensive!

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Isn't it a bit weird that Joy says she and her THREE older sisters could be pregnant at the same time. She has four older sisters and I understand one of them aren't married. But neither was Joy when she said it. 

But she was engaged/courting when she said it, Jana was/is not. 

Jill seems to be just as big as she was with Izzy, it's hard to tell of course but there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference. Jessa on the other hand said in the show that she gained 20 more pounds when she was pregnant with Spurgeon, she stayed away from carbs this time. I guess time will tell with Jill, I hope it all turns out ok and that she doesn't wait as long as she did with Izzy.

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jessa on the other hand said in the show that she gained 20 more pounds when she was pregnant with Spurgeon, she stayed away from carbs this time.

could that be the reason she didn't bleed out regarding the placenta because she ate better? 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

could that be the reason she didn't bleed out regarding the placenta because she ate better? 

*Educated guess*

sounds like she has something similar to what I've been experiencing, and with better medical care mine has been found and I got put on partial bedrest and am heavily monitored. Placental issues unless you're doing cocain, smoking, have high BP, etc are uncommon but does occur in 1% of pregnancies. It's not diet related unless your having coke for breakfast like scarface lol. 

15 minutes ago, nst said:

No, though it's likely why Henry was a pound of so smaller then Spurgeon. Which I'm sure helped. 

29 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jill seems to be just as big as she was with Izzy, it's hard to tell of course but there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference. Jessa on the other hand said in the show that she gained 20 more pounds when she was pregnant with Spurgeon, she stayed away from carbs this time. I guess time will tell with Jill, I hope it all turns out ok and that she doesn't wait as long as she did with Izzy.

I don't think we know how much weight Jill gained with her first pregnancy. Diet could be an issue, but it might not.

I honestly think that she and Derick just make big babies. They're both on the tall side after all, with just about the same height difference as my husband and I. My daughter would have been fairly big for a girl at birth at well if she hadn't come early and I hadn't gained a ton of weight by the time she arrived - maybe between 20 and 25.

Then there are other factors, like where her placenta attached, how the baby is positioned, how long her torso is, among others.

ETA: I do agree that I hope things go much better this time though. And if she needs transport that they don't wait too long. Hopefully she comes out ok and little Samuel is born happy and healthy. 

A long labor can cause postpartum hemorrhage, or perhaps not all of her placenta delivered, or she had a small abruption that wasn't noticed, since no trained midwife was there.  But her diet wasn't the cause.  Would this have happened if she delivered at the hospital? Probably not but she also most likely would have had a c/section for such a long labor, which she clearly didn't want or necessarily even need, since she did deliver a healthy baby with only a minor complication.  She's very lucky that she was close enough to the hospital and that the PPH wasn't worse as she could have easily died waiting for transport had it been a total abruption.  This is why having TRAINED medical professionals and being flexible is so important if you are having a home birth, your life and the life of your baby are more important than your misguided thoughts of women do this all the time it's a piece of cake opinions on birth. Yes they do do it all the time but they used to die all the time because they didn't have proper medical care. I want to shake to shake women like the Duggar's and scream GOD GAVE US SCIENCE to help us, USE IT! 

@VelociRapture I'm one of those women who make big babies. I gained 55ish pounds w/ #1 but I also had hypertension and was days away from being diagnosed w/ preeclampsia when my water broke. DS was a full 4 weeks early and weight 8lbs. #2 I only gained 20 ish lbs had no hypertension and didn't retain any fluid she was 10 days early and weighed 9lbs 3oz. I didn't have diabetes I just have big babies. My sister's kids were both 8.8 and about 2 weeks early, so she wasn't having tiny ones either. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived