IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

17 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I think we will see some sort of announcement (or hidden announcement?) about Laura D. but it's not what everybody thinks it is! There is something up but JD would just be too obvious.

What do you think is up? Is she coming to work for them? Courting one of the other brothers? (I don't know how old she is, though)

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, seraaa said:

What do you think is up? Is she coming to work for them? Courting one of the other brothers? (I don't know how old she is, though)

She's 31 or 32.

Is there any speculation that Jana is "getting to know" Laura's brother? Who else would be on Jana's radar? I don't know who their inner circle includes, and I don't look for clues when I watch the show.

I checked the list of single fundies and in terms of eligible bachelors, it is slim pickins. I only found three in Jana's age range: Caleb Burnett, Daniel Corbett, and Andrew Schatte. I would rule out Daniel completely. He looks too secular, even though his dad is some kind of preacher. Caleb is kindof cute, and Andrew has "husband face," like the suburban dads in my neighborhood that all blend together. He looks like an average, normal, nice guy. 

As far as John-David, I Googled Laura DeMasie, and found articles going back as far as 2014 speculating that he's courting her. I think if there was anything going on there, it would have already happened. There were a few articles about Sarah Reith, as well, and Ashley Salyer. I think a Duggar dating an ex of a a Bates would be all kinds of awkward for those families, but then again, maybe not. It's not like they saw each other naked. 

As far as eligible bachelorettes, from the single fundies list, John-David has more choices. There is Abbie Burnett, who is cute and has vocational training as a Nurse's Assistant. That might put her out of his league. Anna Linzey, a textbook perfect fundie wife, she might even out-fundie Anna and Michelle. Rachel Schatte, who I cannot remember anything about. Lydia Serven is very cute. Maybe too young. A better choice for Josiah. Finally, Esther Beasley. Older, has a real job, wears tank tops, and her brother murdered his wife. She likes kids and she seems nice, lol. I'm throwing her onto the list as a wild card because they can bond over Jesus and family scandals. 

The Duggar SILs with the exception of Austin were all off the Fundie radar. We didn't find out about them until they started courting. Jana will most likely marry someone unknown IF she does end up courting. JD......I'm not sure. Joe and Josiah both courted girls who were in their inner circle. Anna was probably picked out of desperation on the Duggars part because they wanted to marry Josh ASAP. Perhaps we've seen JD's potential woman in some sort of capacity on the show.

I think at least three Staddons are in Jana's age range. Daniel Wilkes? Stephen Wissmann? I don't know their exact age.

On 6/27/2017 at 9:53 AM, JoyJoy said:

Does anyone remember the scene on 19 Kids when JB said to JD and Joe that is was time for them to find wives(I can't remember the exact quote). 

That I don't remember, but I do know on 17KAC when Josh and Anna were newly engaged Michelle mentioned something about how next it will be Jana, then John David, then Jill, etc. I know she could have said that to keep up appearances or whatever, but to me it seemed like she would have had no problems with Jana courting if she had wanted to. 

10 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

I think at least three Staddons are in Jana's age range. Daniel Wilkes? Stephen Wissmann? I don't know their exact age.

Michael Staddon (36), James Staddon (29), Jonathan Staddon (26), Daniel Wilkes (late 20s), Matthias Wissmann (26), Stephen Wissmann (24 next week)

Jana doesn't necessarily have to marry someone her own age- look at Jessa and Ben. I think the man JimBoob directs her to open her heart for (that sentence sounds gross, sorry) could be 17 to 77. I hope she's happy being single (I'm a happy single pringle myself), and her parents haven't chased off anyone she liked. 

6 hours ago, MissKnowItAll said:

I think the man JimBoob directs her to open her heart for (that sentence sounds gross, sorry) could be 17 to 77.

“Jill, my friend Lazar Wolf and I were talking last night, and...”

On 7/9/2017 at 8:51 AM, Antipatriarch said:

“Jill, my friend Lazar Wolf and I were talking last night, and...”

That Fiddler on the Roof reference has made my day

No Arndt boys for Jana? Why not? Some of them are the right age, correct?

On 7/8/2017 at 4:41 PM, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou said:

That I don't remember, but I do know on 17KAC when Josh and Anna were newly engaged Michelle mentioned something about how next it will be Jana, then John David, then Jill, etc. I know she could have said that to keep up appearances or whatever, but to me it seemed like she would have had no problems with Jana courting if she had wanted to. 

That was back before Michelle lost her core group of moms, though. With Jill, Jessa, Jinger, and Joy all being gone, if Jana was to leave then the next girl in charge would be Johannah, who is what.. 12? I feel like Michelle would be a lot harder pressed to let go of Jana now than she was then. 

41 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Paul through James for sure are. Maybe Jacob too. So her choices are: Paul (1980) , John (1981) , Mark (1983) , Luke (1985) :my_heart:, Jude (1987), James (1988) :my_heart:, and possible Jacob (1990?). Seth and Nathan, I believe are bordering on too young. 

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Paul through James for sure are. Maybe Jacob too. So her choices are: Paul (1980) , John (1981) , Mark (1983) , Luke (1985) :my_heart:, Jude (1987), James (1988) :my_heart:, and possible Jacob (1990?). Seth and Nathan, I believe are bordering on too young. 

I would like to see this match, but wonder if they are not the exact right type of fundy the Duggars go for? 

JB and the mother of the Arndt boys (I forgot her name, sorry) are both too controlling for a relationship to work. Idk how their beliefs match up, but I could see a power struggle between the parents being an issue.  

On 6/27/2017 at 10:03 PM, evolutionbaby said:

So would it be against their principles for fundies to receive fertility treatments if they are having trouble conceiving? I would think that would be interfering with God's natural plan.

Depending on the reason for the infertility, they could adopt a frozen embryo and try that. That would definitely mesh with the pro-life QF mindset.

I can't picture Jana with an Arndt. They're too quirky, and their mother doesn't keep sweet. She wears shorts. Although the Duggars show their knees now, so maybe.

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I giggled more than I should have. 

So many of these parents are so controlling. Did something go very wrong in their lives that they feel the need to control their chidlren into their adulthood, or does the control afforded them by fundamentalism entice them into that lifestyle?

37 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

So many of these parents are so controlling. Did something go very wrong in their lives that they feel the need to control their chidlren into their adulthood, or does the control afforded them by fundamentalism entice them into that lifestyle?

I think a lot of the parents are narcissists, and they like control. 

I often wonder if there is something about being the eldest daughter that makes courting difficult to the point of being impossible. Is there some similarity between Jana and Sarah Maxwell for example that means that gundis men don't consider them an option? Maybe they have tipped into TOO maternal? 

(First time posting so please excuse any faux pas)

23 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

I think a lot of the parents are narcissists, and they like control. 

This is my theory, too. In the case of the Arndts, I think it's the mother who is the narcissist. In the case of the Duggars, I think it's Jim Bob.

I think Jim Bob is incredibly insecure and wanted to keep Michelle squirreled away from the world. He's obsessed with sex and temptation to the point of paranoia. He convinced her to dress modest, isolated her, and kept her trapped at home with multiple pregnancies. I think the Gothard system appeals to men with sex issues, either compulsive sex issues, or shame-based issues because of misguided religious beliefs. It probably appeals to women with the same shame-based ideas about sex or those who have abandonment issues, and thus like the security that comes with never getting divorced, not fully realizing that their partners are at liberty to behave pretty badly without consequence.

I wonder if at any point Michelle realized that she had been conned and was being treated like property. She probably welcomed the cameras because she was getting acknowledged, and glorified by some, for her sacrifices to live that way. Even though she was really just being held captive. 

18 minutes ago, FeministFunPolice said:

I often wonder if there is something about being the eldest daughter that makes courting difficult to the point of being impossible. Is there some similarity between Jana and Sarah Maxwell for example that means that gundis men don't consider them an option? Maybe they have tipped into TOO maternal? 

(First time posting so please excuse any faux pas)

I don't think it's that Fundie men are uninterested. I think the parents need their eldest daughters as indentured servants, so the daughters are never allowed to enter a courtship. I read an article written by an ex-Fundie who stated that it was common for Fundie boys to get rejected by as many as ten Fundie dads before finding someone to court. He said it was very difficult to talk to the girls to find out who might be a good match, and that the fathers had arbitrary reasons why they would approve or deny someone. 

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Snip

I wonder if at any point Michelle realized that she had been conned and was being treated like property. She probably welcomed the cameras because she was getting acknowledged, and glorified by some, for her sacrifices to live that way. Even though she was really just being held captive.

snip

Regarding Michelle,  I wonder if she had/has low self esteem.  I have a girlfriend that is now fundy-ish. She was the super cute cheerleader in high school too, that found God in her early 20's and then married a fundy-ish guy after a few weeks of meeting him. Like Michelle, she went from being super cute and fiesty, to dowdy and smothered in super religious marriage. She admitted to me once, that the way her husband acts, which is just like The Boob, makes her feel wanted and loved. At her core, she always felt unloveable and ugly, and was afraid she would never get a husband. I was shocked. Shocked!! She was always roll-out-bed-effortlessly pretty, I had to work at being pretty and I was the one with self esteem. 

Something is broken in Michelle. She and Boob were just a super odd match. 

Riffle

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived