IGNORED

Jana's Future 5 - The More Things Seem to Change...

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Hmm what did everyone think of the hints about Jana possibly having a special someone in this week's episode? It could be bullshit but it seemed a little more specific and a little more overt than what we've gotten in the past, which is usually a producer point blank asking Jana (out of nowhere) if she's courting or getting to know anyone, and her uncomfortably shrugging and saying no.....

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/162328579756/teasing-or-not-annie

Clip of this weeks episode for the interaction I'm talking about.

I thought so too. The way Joy wanted to guess whom she told and then laughed when Jana said that she didn't have a boyfriend. If Jana doesn't have a special someone at this point it would be really strange behavior on Joy's side. 

But at the same time - this was filmed in February, right before Henry's birth. If Jana was in some kind of pre-courtship then and there is still no official confirmation it would mean that the relationship is evolving slowly - or that they don't want their relationship to be public. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have christian friends that have done IVF. They are not fundie but have a strong faith. And they said it was always their plan to give every firtilized egg a chance to become a baby. And I know they are still planning to do that with eggs they have frozen even though they have conseived naturally since starting their IVF journey. 

We have eggs in the freezer as well and I do feel bad that they will probably become medical waste. But not bad enough to pay for four more IVF:s and potentially have four kids when I'm pretty sure I don't want any more. In Sweden you can't donate embryoes so that is not an option. 

My take on Josh allegedly not messing with Jana is not that JD would have punched him - it's that perhaps Josh was afraid Jana would punch him.  (but that might be me and wishful thinking)

36 minutes ago, clueliss said:

My take on Josh allegedly not messing with Jana is not that JD would have punched him - it's that perhaps Josh was afraid Jana would punch him.  (but that might be me and wishful thinking)

I'll wish along with you!

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Jana was said to be a tom boy. So maybe she's tougher then she looks. :P 

5 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I have christian friends that have done IVF. They are not fundie but have a strong faith. And they said it was always their plan to give every firtilized egg a chance to become a baby. And I know they are still planning to do that with eggs they have frozen even though they have conseived naturally since starting their IVF journey. 

We have eggs in the freezer as well and I do feel bad that they will probably become medical waste. But not bad enough to pay for four more IVF:s and potentially have four kids when I'm pretty sure I don't want any more. In Sweden you can't donate embryoes so that is not an option. 

I wish my friends would do IVF. They've been married for 6 years and have been trying for 6 years to have a baby and nothing yet. They refuse to even go to the doctor, because they said that God will provide if it's meant to be. So meanwhile, she just cries at church every time someone announces they're pregnant, and I'm just like GAHHHH. You don't have to suffer like this!! 

Jana was very quick (and animated) in her reply about having a boyfriend.  I believe her.  I think the one she told was her BFF, Laura.  

@MamaJunebug...thanks!

I mean he knows about something embarrassing to Jim boob, another potential scandal, has threatened to speak out, etc. 

They haven't let any of the other boys work outside the family business, get any marketable skills, etc, since the Josh scandal.  He seems to be the only one able to do things independently. 

4 hours ago, doubleT said:

Jana was very quick (and animated) in her reply about having a boyfriend.  I believe her.  I think the one she told was her BFF, Laura.  

Totally agree. Some people would love to read it as her having a guy because there's a ridiculous amount of wishful thinking about it. I read it as, "NO people, I don't have a guy and I'm sick of the constant asking!". Or maybe that's my wishful thinking being someone older than her who's also single... ;)

Is it really that hard to believe that Jana and JD haven't found spouses? Do you just not want to believe it? It would be sad if Jana really does want to get married and have kids. I think of all the sad posts of SAHD who could find "Prince Charming" If Jana is courting I hope she didn't rush into a relationship.

I'm surprised by our love of JD. I remember FJ negatively discussing his humor in the past. I  would never have guessed that one day someone would call him "the George Clooney of fundieland" .

I have a theory about Jana and marriage. Forgive me if this isn't an original idea. I think that Jana is very deliberate. She wants marriage and family, but isn't going to rush into it just to get her life started. She's been closely observing her sisters' marriages to see if their marriages would suit her. Her first three sisters married men who are interested in ministry. Being on TV, in the public eye, is probably seen as an advantage to them. Now Jana can observe Joy and Austin's marriage. Austin seems like a guy who's not seeking the limelight, a guy who likes to work with his hands. I think Jana will be looking to see if Joy and Austin still seem attached to the TLC gravy train or if they want to be self-supporting adults. Austin is key; Joy seems happy to carry on like her married sisters. Since Austin's family has dipped their collective toe into reality TV, maybe Austin is okay with being a reality TV "star." Maybe he sees his future as running his family business and reality TV is the best free advertising. However, if Joy and Austin seem to be capable of living a normal, non-TV show life, Jana will have more hope that she can also have that kind of life. I think I'm definitely in the minority, but I don't think Jim Bob and Michelle are holding back Jana from marrying. I honestly don't think they would be that cruel to deny Jana the opportunity to experience having her own family. I think Jana is just waiting to know what her best opportunity will be.

10 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I think I'm definitely in the minority, but I don't think Jim Bob and Michelle are holding back Jana from marrying.

I don't think you're in the minority - I think that whole theory is ridiculous and cruel as well.

Are Jana and JD even that close?  Do they ever do anything together?  Are they ever photographed together?  Are they ever even in talking heads together or seen hanging together at weddings?  Not trying to dispute any previous posts, just trying to remember.  I wonder if Jana ever resents JD?  Being a man, he seems to have had so much more freedom and so much less responsibility.  Although we really don't know what JD is expected to do for the family.  Maybe he puts in as many hours outside of the house as Jana does in it......but I doubt it.  

2 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

@MamaJunebug...thanks!

I mean he knows about something embarrassing to Jim boob, another potential scandal, has threatened to speak out, etc. 

They haven't let any of the other boys work outside the family business, get any marketable skills, etc, since the Josh scandal.  He seems to be the only one able to do things independently. 

Gothard encourages community involvement as first responders, etc. It helps win people over--to see the good in the cult.  Zack Bates also works as a small town Barney Fife. 

That said, I'm sure there's plenty more that would not look "right" to people outside the cult--especially from the Old Days of Panda Jumper-dresses and Crocs.  John being one of the oldest would know where all the bodies are buried (so to speak).

I must admit I'm anxious to see what they will claim Joe does for a living and whether he and Kendra will get that trashed house the kids all cleaned up several years ago--a "rent house" as they call them.

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I have a theory about Jana and marriage. Forgive me if this isn't an original idea. I think that Jana is very deliberate. She wants marriage and family, but isn't going to rush into it just to get her life started. She's been closely observing her sisters' marriages to see if their marriages would suit her. Her first three sisters married men who are interested in ministry. Being on TV, in the public eye, is probably seen as an advantage to them. Now Jana can observe Joy and Austin's marriage. Austin seems like a guy who's not seeking the limelight, a guy who likes to work with his hands. I think Jana will be looking to see if Joy and Austin still seem attached to the TLC gravy train or if they want to be self-supporting adults. Austin is key; Joy seems happy to carry on like her married sisters. Since Austin's family has dipped their collective toe into reality TV, maybe Austin is okay with being a reality TV "star." Maybe he sees his future as running his family business and reality TV is the best free advertising. However, if Joy and Austin seem to be capable of living a normal, non-TV show life, Jana will have more hope that she can also have that kind of life. I think I'm definitely in the minority, but I don't think Jim Bob and Michelle are holding back Jana from marrying. I honestly don't think they would be that cruel to deny Jana the opportunity to experience having her own family. I think Jana is just waiting to know what her best opportunity will be.

I have thought this multiple times and tried to express it, but you are much more articulate and make much more sense than I do! 

1 hour ago, freshlemonade said:

Are Jana and JD even that close?  Do they ever do anything together?  Are they ever photographed together?  Are they ever even in talking heads together or seen hanging together at weddings?  Not trying to dispute any previous posts, just trying to remember.

I see people talk about how close they are on here all the time and I always wonder how this is known? Like has it ever been expressed that they are super close? Cause if it's the cause they're twins thing I know twins who HATE each other. Not saying Jana and JD do but I just don't remember ever seeing anything mentioned about them being very close.

Jana and JD never seemed to have that twin connection. I think it's because of the Duggar's gender divisions.

I also think that Boob and Mullet aren't holding Jana back intentionally. I think Jana doesn't want to rush into anything. Since marriage is permanent in their world, she'd probably want to make darn sure she picks the right person.

It's also been stated that Jana is picky, in which case, good for her.

I think I've said this before but I know there's a lot to read here and new folks (:hello::)) around these parts...the show may not depict their closeness much, but I absolutely believe Jana and JD are close. One of the biggest reasons for me is Jana, who rarely says much  out of the norm in her taking heads, expressed a few seasons back how she hoped to be best friends with JD's future wife. 

That statement speaks volumes to me. 

Just to add, there was also an episode of 19KaC where the kids had to do some project/buy some things and I remember that JD and Jana where doing is together. Their interactions while making decisions and even how they discussed things with each other at the store made me feel like Jana was close and comfortable with him (in comparison to her interactions with some of her sisters). I don't remember who, but one of their siblings said that they acted like a married couple (in Duggar context, it might not be the best but I couldn't deny the closeness). But I saw this episode years ago and my perception might be wrong....

I mean I hope they are close. I don't really know too well, I didn't pay enough attention in the earliest seasons. I'm glad to hear that they're close though!

I never got the vibe that they were close. You hear the other siblings talk about how Jed and Jer do everything together but never Jana and JD. 

12 hours ago, Trynn said:

Jana and JD never seemed to have that twin connection. I think it's because of the Duggar's gender divisions.

I agree with the gender divisions keeping them apart.   I don't think they film together much because he's filmed doing "guy stuff" and she's usually doing "girl stuff".  Off camera, maybe they're closer and spend more time together.  

On 6/27/2017 at 10:54 PM, MamaJunebug said:

I've always figured that Josh didn't touch Jana because he knew JD would beat him up if he did.  There's often a special connection between twins.

Gawd, I hope you're wrong. 

Free Jana! With back pay!!!

Hi, @Dubiousclaire (love the handle) - can you explain what you mean by "him having some 'dirt'"?  Thanks! 

I didn't remember that. Did Josh not touch Jana?  Also during the wedding episode, JD said he was a "bachelor til the rapture."  

Jana was probably sharing her bed with a little one, so Joshy left her alone.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived