IGNORED

Maxwell 10: Following the 15 minute schedule and the monthly menu

Coconut Flan

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, nausicaa said:

I'm just wondering if Steve has flat out decided that moving one's body while fully immersed in water isn't Christian?

Yup, kinda like dancing...oops, should have read ahead.  Oh well.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Here is another a day in the life of Goofy Anna Maxwell from 2010.  Its the infamous post where they ask the waitress if she wanted them to pray for her.  ://blog.titus2.com/2010/11/13/an-unusual-birthday-a-day-in-the-life-of-anna/

Thanks for the link, SPHASH!  I remember reading that post, and the Lord bringing the right guy for Sarah someday comment.

Like @mango_fandango, I find it a little depressing that here we are almost seven years later and no guy for Sarah yet.  The Lord is sure taking his own sweet time, isn't he?

It's also a little depressing to realize how little has changed at Maxhell, especially for the females.

18 hours ago, socalrules said:

I want to see a day in the life of Jesse. I swear he is always either just in the background or they comment on the fact he did some type of gardening in the backyard. He is almost the missing Maxwell. 

Forgotten's day in the life: Morning run before bible time, crossfit in the basement, swift otter work, spends the rest of the day praying and wailing for the unborn, more bible time, bed...just guessing, but sounds about right? 

11 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

That poor waitress was probably totally thrown by the request (most normal people would be) and probably came up with something random just to give them an answer and to be polite. 

I wonder what happens when fundies run into someone just as fundie as themselves. Is there a secret handshake? A knowing look? An exchange of blog information? Or perhaps they each feel threatened and try to out-Jesus each other by both pulling out the Good Person Test and eyeing each other suspiciously. Are you really good? REALLY? Is there a Bible quote battle in the parking lot? I can't imagine if Steve was about to ask someone if he could pray for them and they turned the tables and asked Steve first. There would be nothing left of his blown mind. 

21 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Oh gosh. I'm so sorry. It sounds like you went through some rough things as a kid. Hugs.

Thanks. It's decades in the past now. I'm in a much better place as an adult; cut a lot of people out of my life, but the peace and tranquility is worth it.  

I get why some might find it weird to not want to change in front of a same-sex younger sibling. I guess I posted because I just wanted to point out that it's not always because one is fundy-modesty obsessed. I'm sure that the Maxwells would say it's all about modesty, but if I was one of their offspring, I would relish the brief minutes spent alone changing clothes.

13 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I do think Sarah is pretty and seems sweet. I wonder why she hasn't caught someone's eye.

I believe Sarah has and I suspect she's had more than just one suitor.   While the family is insular, they have had enough interaction via their conferences and other activities to run into like-minded (as much as that is possible) families with young men of similar age.   I can't imagine she has not, at various times, met guys who would be interested in her.

The problem is Steve.   His laundry list of must do's for husbands is impossible to achieve:  have the same beliefs (who can possibly duplicate Steve's crazy?), have a job where they are working for themselves, be able to buy a house debt free (tall order), support a large family on that job (another tall order) and be willing to locate near the family compound (which could adversely affect the suitor's business) because in spite of the husband being the headship, Steve cannot abide losing control of any of his children.  

This is an overly enmeshed, insular family, coupled with stringent and bizarre beliefs, so the idea of any of their children moving is something they will not abide.     Hell, they were grief stricken when Nathan married, and this was back when they were more normal!   And he was like, just living down the street?  How can they cope if a daughter moves further away.  They couldn't.

I would not be at all surprised if Steve shot down not one, but several courtships, for Sarah in the past because the potential suitor could not meet all the impossible criteria.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah knew of these possibilities and even if she agreed with her father at the time (like she would have any choice) seeing where she is now, does she have any disappointment / regrets  looking back.  And if so, how does she reconcile that disappointment with knowing that her Daddy had a huge hand in those potential courtships not happening.   There has to be a lot of underlying resentment in that household not just on Sarah's part but also other family members.  No way to know for sure, but I can't imagine that with Steve's crazy, Teri's enabling, and adult kids still under tight control that there's no resentment.  

Well, I didn't mean for my reply to be so long, but I really feel for Sarah.  I don't think her life as it is right now is what she expected.  She seemed so happy on her latest trip....there's a reason for that.  She was away from her family and she felt the difference thought she probably hasn't realized exactly why.

The Maxwell family intrigues me In an odd way. I think it's because they are the opposite of basically my whole life. All that was to say that I found a website made by Christopher so he can help small businesses

//fourpointeleven.com

Please to enjoy. 

Didn't someone say a while ago that they'd met Sarah at a conference and she (Sarah) had said she had had interest but nobody met Steve's standards??

What an asshat Steve is. He has crippled his family beyond belief, especially the girls. 

Explain this one to me. Stevehova will not allow his precious children move more than 8/10 of a mile from the compound, but Anna-Marie and Elisa were expected to move hours from their families? Stevehova you're a dick. 

4 hours ago, Doubleamp said:

The Maxwell family intrigues me In an odd way. I think it's because they are the opposite of basically my whole life. All that was to say that I found a website made by Christopher so he can help small businesses

//fourpointeleven.com

Please to enjoy. 

Good find!  For someone who works with websites that design sucks.

Per the 2010 day in the life,

"The day started out, not quite as early as some, since the girls didn’t exercise before Bible time. A little before 5:30 a.m., it was time to get up to be ready for Bible time at 5:45. All six of the children at home meet Dad in the living room for our own individual time to read God’s Word and pray, but we like to arrive early to be able to chat and visit with each other."

Why on earth does anyone need to meet at 5:45am to chat in the living room before individual bible study? No wonder they all love coffee so much. Getting up that early is for trips and actual work. If I needed to study before class in college early, I laid in bed and did what was needed alone before going to class. Not all those kidults can possibly be natural morning people. 

6 hours ago, Doubleamp said:

//fourpointeleven.com

Please to enjoy. 

Oh, ouch.  That website makes his wedding photography look professional.  

I also get stabby at their use of the word "visit", unless it's some American terminology I'm not familiar with.

Anyone gotta link to Prissy Chris and Amish Anna's wedding video? After hearing Sarah Huckabee Sanders defend Trump today I need a good laugh.

25 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I also get stabby at their use of the word "visit", unless it's some American terminology I'm not familiar with.

What do you think the term visit means because I understand what the Maxwells mean. 

No doubt it's odd for them to use that word in this context, but visit seems appropriate to what they are doing. 

So, Chris' website....isn't that the same as what swiftotter does? Why more than one business? Is fourpointeleven in competition with swift otter? What's we-communicate? Didn't they have some other communication named website? 

The Maxwell business ventures are so super weird. It makes me think it's either a way to dodge taxes or the sons don't all work that well together. 

35 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

What do you think the term visit means because I understand what the Maxwells mean. 

No doubt it's odd for them to use that word in this context, but visit seems appropriate to what they are doing. 

i'd call it yet another SOTDRT fail; it's definitely a poor choice of term in this context.  if the married brothers joined them, "visit" would be appropriate.  but here it's just redundant when used with "chat."  Mr. CL and i do not "visit" before we leave for work in the morning.  

22 hours ago, Granwych said:

Yup, kinda like dancing...oops, should have read ahead.  Oh well.

Dumb joke I probably have posted here before.

Q: Do you know why the Maxwells and Duggars disprove of premarital sex?

A: Because it might lead to dancing

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

To go somewhere else and meet someone, particularly someone they don't see very often. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

i'd call it yet another SOTDRT fail; it's definitely a poor choice of term in this context.  if the married brothers joined them, "visit" would be appropriate.  but here it's just redundant when used with "chat."  Mr. CL and i do not "visit" before we leave for work in the morning.  

^^ What she said.

23 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

For now, this will help Sarah to get the Moody book written, but as is hoped, someday the Lord will bring the right guy for Sarah, and she’ll no longer be available to do what she does.

If I met a nice young lady and asked her about her interests, one of the answers I don't want is "It won't matter after I get married."

1 hour ago, catlady said:

If the girls sleep in the same room, what is there to visit about? Some one snoring in their sleep? Steve has crippled those girls since they were born. 
They see the boys every day so what could be so exciting to talk about after evening prayer and bedtime? I get so stabby when I read this crap about the Maxwells. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

The Maxwell business ventures are so super weird. It makes me think it's either a way to dodge taxes or the sons don't all work that well together. 

I'm beginning to really believe it's part of some tax shadiness.

My crazy cousin (super hypocritical conservative Catholic who if she had a blog we would totally snark on) and her husband apparently open a bunch of different businesses every year to scam the IRS. My cousin tells her husband they can't make money on most of them for tax write-offs. I don't really get how it works, and it seems to me a pretty obvious loophole you'd think the IRS would close up, but it seems to be working for her somehow, because neither of those two idiots have full-time jobs but they're going on a luxury resort vacation next week.  

On 2017-6-28 at 0:51 PM, mango_fandango said:

Side note: seeing as Bethany got baptised at four and Abby at six, and Tina is now five, I wonder if we'll be seeing her getting baptised any time soon? The Maxwells are clearly OK with their kids getting done so young (probably encourage it knowing them). 

Psychic!

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/06/30/christinas-baptism/

And they couldn't get a baptismal? Last time they were able to use one at an actual church. Wouldn't surprise me if that church has since been rejected as "too worldly" or something.

Ah, Maxhell, that special place where a child of 5 understands theology and a woman of 30 can't be trusted to have a bedroom of her own.

Glad to see Melanie's side of the family is present too.

It feels very weird to me that Nathan is doing the christening. It should be someone outside the family, imho, to mark how solemn the occasion is. But what do I know, eh, I'm not the cult leader here.

43 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

Ah, Maxhell, that special place where a child of 5 understands theology and a woman of 30 can't be trusted to have a bedroom of her own.

I haven't read enough of the Maxhell's blog, but they really come out and say the kidults living at home can't be trusted to have their own bed room?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived