IGNORED

Sarah Palin Reduced to Running Right Wing Click Bait Site

47of74

7 hours ago, Howl said:

I can see how Wasilla could start to wear on one; very, very long winters with lots of cold and dark; every single person in town knows your business and she and Todd are holed up in the house all day every day because neither one has a (I'll spell it out here!) J. O. B.

Todd had a job at BP until she accepted McCain's request to join his ticket. If he wanted to go back, he has options. I think he also has his commercial pilots license and a commercial fishing enterprise. 

However, Alaska is changing rapidly. No one on either side of the political aisle has much respect for Sarah after she quit. People were taking pictures of her shopping without makeup on as recently as last winter. Most people of her age and means end up moving out of state and snowbirding. 

Healthcare is expensive, food is expensive, she can't do anything around people, and she's only getting older. 

I don't feel bad for her, because she's a shitty person, but I can see why she'd leave. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/24/2018 at 4:34 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Todd had a job at BP until she accepted McCain's request to join his ticket. If he wanted to go back, he has options. I think he also has his commercial pilots license and a commercial fishing enterprise. 

He was also a winning snow machine racer in his prime; actually he participated in Feb 2018, so maybe he's still in his prime.  The race is called the Iron Dog and it's a bit over 2000 miles long in the middle of Alaska winter.  Holy crap, it sounds extreme.  Here's a description from Sarah's web site about the race;  it's a very readable. 

Four-Time Champ Todd Palin Races Into Teeth Of The Iron Dog

• Thank You 1

22 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Iron Dog is stupid and dangerous and hopefully ending this year. 

The description made it sound beyond extreme, even for extreme sports, mainly because of the distance. 

But the Iditarod is pretty crazy as well.  There's also an Iditabike for cyclists.   As far as I know, no one has died (yet) in either one of those events, but I'm sure there have been close calls.  The advent of personal locator beacons must make it relatively safer -- one can call for help.  But if conditions are so adverse no one can get to you.....

But just thinking that Todd has many more skills and experiences to draw on to create an actual viable business than Sarah. 

Edited by Howl

There's not been enough snow for ididarod in the past few years. Or iron dog. Both races keep changing courses and losing sponsors. Meanwhile, the bike race is gathering steam. It's a better, healthier event. 

Honestly the people who do/care about iron dog are generally pretty trashy. I hope Iditarod ends soon too, dogs keep dying and it's a big mess. 

Todd Palin does have plenty of things he could do. But he won't and probably doesn't need to, they'll be fine. Maybe she can move to somewhere she can fade away, out of memory.

If you want an extreme event, look at the Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic. It's an adventure race and it's way more hardcore than riding on a snowmachine. There's a summer and winter version. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Oh great, Sarah's trying to be relevant again and it backfired...

Sarah Palin fired off a tweet linking to a story on her website that mocked Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the incoming Democratic congresswoman from New York, for “fumbling” a statement about “basic civics.” 

People on Twitter quickly reminded the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate of her own history of fumbling. 

Palin’s tweet was about a video in which Ocasio-Cortez referred to the “three chambers of Congress,” then the “three chambers of government,” which she called “the presidency, the Senate and the House.” 

A number of conservative figures mocked Ocasio-Cortez over the misspeak, noting that there are three “branches” rather than chambers, which are the legislative, executive and judiciary.

• WTF 3
  • Haha 2

If a Democrat misspeaks it's because they're dumb and incompetent. If a Republican misspeaks it's because they're genuine and honest and can relate to the forgotten man. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Oh no, they seemed so good together... (I googled Todd Palin and there have been divorce rumors in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2014...) 

• Upvote 1

Gosh darn it, Todd's gettin' on his snow machine and ridin' into the sunset.  Wonder how the assets are gonna be split.  Todd has actual skills.  Sarah, not so much, unless you consider using a voice that makes you want to stick chop sticks in your ears to create word salads a skill. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

Oh to be a family law lawyer for this one. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

As much as I detest Sarah Palin, I honestly hope the divorce is for the best, and that they are able to split amicably and find a way to co-parent their young son in a way that makes him feel safe and loved.  Dare I also hope she finds some humility and empathy?  

As for the assets, the article I read indicated Todd is looking for an "equitable" split.  

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

Sarah Palin has a sad 

In an interview with the right-wing Newsmax TV, former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) attacked former President Barack Obama for calling her out as part of the Republican Party’s “anti-intellectual” wing.

Obama’s book had this to say: “Through Palin, it seemed as if the dark spirits that had long been lurking on the edges of the modern Republican Party — xenophobia, anti intellectualism, paranoid conspiracy theories, an antipathy toward Black and brown folks — were finding their way to center stage. She had no idea what the hell she was talking about.”

She actually thinks she was living rent free in President Obama’s head for 12 years.  Nah Sarah you were never that important.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She does seem a bit ... subdued:

Recreational is legal in Alaska....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

So how would we know if America gets healed geology wise?

People are no longer dumber than rocks?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

So how would we know if America gets healed geology wise?

People are no longer dumber than rocks?

God is banging His? Her? Their? head against a desk just wishing Caribou Barbie would move to Russia already 

• Upvote 6

I wish geological healing on Sarah Palin - that is to say, I wish someone would get the rocks out of her head.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I wish geological healing on Sarah Palin - that is to say, I wish someone would get the rocks out of her head.

I think someone dropped a rock on her head instead.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

"Sarah Palin Reveals COVID Diagnosis and 'Bizarre' Symptoms, Urges Others to Continue Wearing Masks"

Sarah Palin has tested positive for COVID-19, and she's urging others to continue taking the pandemic seriously.

The former governor of Alaska and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee-turned-TV personality confirms in a statement to PEOPLE that she contracted the coronavirus as did some of her family members, including 12-year-old son Trig. 

Palin, 57 — who is a mom to five children with ex-husband Todd — says her case is proof that "anyone can catch this."

"As confident as I'd like to be about my own health, and despite my joking that I'm blessed to constantly breathe in the most sterile (frozen!) air, my case is perhaps one of those that proves anyone can catch this," she says.

Of her diagnosis, Palin explains that it began when "one of my daughters awoke to having lost her sense of taste and smell [and] immediately had a positive COVID test, then was quarantined in isolation.

"I then observed symptoms in my son Trig, who curiously is the most enthusiastic mask-wearer, and after our numerous negative tests over the year, he tested positive," Palin says. "Children with special needs are vulnerable to COVID ramifications [Trig was born with Down syndrome], so with a high fever he was prescribed azithromycin, which really seemed to help, and I increased amounts of vitamins I put in his puréed food."

Palin says she and her son "buckled down in isolated quarantine" and she "still tested negative." However, "symptoms started overnight with a slight fever and sore muscles." 

She adds that she had some of the "bizarre" symptoms characteristic of the virus, like a loss of taste and smell, leading her to assume it was "unmistakable COVID caught me."

"That day I finally tested positive — like millions of other Americans," she says.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Wow, she actually seemed to handle that well, and like a normal person. And I appreciate her encouraging mask-wearing. Are we sure they really spoke to Sarah Palin?

Unfortunately I don't think she still has the sway on the Republican's more crazy members like she used to. 

Now that she's said and done something normal, I'll be watching for her name to pop up in the news again. She might have to do something extra wild to counter this.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Unfortunately I don't think she still has the sway on the Republican's more crazy members like she used to. 

Nope. I don't think she's crazy enough for some of them now. Who ever thought we'd reach that point and yet here we are. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1