Coconut Flan

Counting on - holy shit this is boring - part 3

At the TTH Joy rattles off some littles and orders them to a meeting.  She explains that now she does the laundry, keeps the house clean, and does the little's hair.  She also has to plan spurge's "belated" parts tomorrow.

Jessa - Spurgeon's birthday was on the wedding day so we delayed it a couple of weeks.

Joy explains they will make a smash cake.

The howlers explain that Joy is planning the party because Jessa is prego and wants to enjoy it.

Flashback of joy planning other parties int he past.

J'kid cant say the word "specifications."

JD explains that jinger was the main shopper. Joy says she's bad at shopping.

Jana says she used to go with jinger (so why not this time?)

Joy picks blue so he can get dirty.

The J'kids do THs to explain joy.  She's an organizer and delegates stuff.

At the store the kids randomly grab shit.

Jessa says that Joy is the "nicer jessa."

Joy finds frozen fruit because jessa wants homemade sorbet.

At the TTH they hang signs and josie climbs on the couch.  The part is in 2 hours. Josie decorates a restaurant high chair for spurgeon. Joy climbs on the window to hang streamers in her skirt, and I can see her knees. She then hooks streamers to a drill to twist them.  It breaks.

The J'kids say Joy can handle stress.

Josie gets mad at jordyn for helping her wtih the throne. Joy yells at her and tells them to "stop and let sister help."

They talk about how many birthday parties there have been.  No one can do the math.  JIll says derick would have to do it, Bin wont try. Joy says there have been thousands.

Joy cuts up giant blocks of cheese and puts the fruit in a grinder.

Jessa says they grew up doing things like that. Apparently they have 2 and michelle smooshes fruit as well.

The littles inflate a bounce house.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carm_88 said:

Michelle's great nephew. They are his guardians? 

Wow I had no idea! I cannot keep up with these people.

22 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I think each of the girls genuinely adored each of their husbands prior to getting married. Jeremy and Austin fell into the mix naturally. (So did Anna and Kendra.) Derick and Ben might have had some stalker level stuff going on, but personality wise, they all make sense as couples.

I never thought Jessa cared much for Binjerman. In fact, I was surprised to see she seems to really like him!

So, Spurgie's paternal grandma didn't try to help coordinate the party either?  Oddness, considering she "spoils" him.  I'm surprised she didn't elbow Joy out of the way and just take over.  

This is a very contrived storyline.

3 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

So, Spurgie's paternal grandma didn't try to help coordinate the party either?  Oddness, considering she "spoils" him.  I'm surprised she didn't elbow Joy out of the way and just take over.  

This is a very contrived storyline.

Seriously. My friend had a little party to introduce her new baby to her friends and her mother would find excuses to practically rip the baby out of people's arms :pb_lol: I'm sure when the baby turns one grandma will be super involved.

Counting on - Part 4 - I DEMAND TO SEE RUFUS!

At Jessa's house Bin's family is there and they got a drone stuck in a tree.  Guinn explains that they have moved into the city.

Guinn asks for highlight of spurgeon's year.  Bin explains talking.

Jessa reminds us of her pregnancy and we see flashbacks of the birth. 

Bin goes and gets him from his nap.

Jessa says the second baby will be here soon.  They tell spurgeon that the baby is coming but he doesnt care.  Apparently he really like crackers.

At the TTH its all decked out.  Jill arrives and they "happened to be there" but they're going back to CA.

Spurge arrives and Jessa explains that the sorbet was there and spurge loves balls.  There was a ball pit.

They bring the cake to spurge to let him smash it.  He's not so intereted. He tries to get the frosting off of his fingers. They give him some to taste and he doesnt want it. Jessa says he puked on his pants.

Jessa says she doesnt like cake and maybe spurge picked up on that.

The J'kids describe spurgeon.  He has good hair and is cute.

They facetime with jinger. He says "hi" to her.  Apparently jinger and jeremy are in the car (is this before or after the honeymoon?) Spurge eats a ball.

JInger TH - we're sad to miss the birthday and it will be a challenge to get back for events because we're far. 

Jessa says that after the baby is born she hopes she can go visit.  Its good for them to be alone for a little while.  They get a picture of the 4 generations together.  Grandma duggar makes an appearance! 

The Jkids and tyler jump in the bounce house.

Next week - Jessa's birth special - YAY!

"Are you pregnant?"   Why in the actual fuck is that considered a normal conversation or even anyone's biz?

What do Michelle and JB do all day?  Do they just keep having relations in hopes to get to the 20 because otherwise what are they doing?

5 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Did anyone else notice that Joy's skirt was just at the top of her knee cap?   Seems that all of the girls are wearing shorter skirts. 

This may have been touched on and I missed it, but I'm really not surprised by this. We've seen the Duggars lighten up on certain aspects throughout the years, just compare photos of them now to back when they did their first few specials. I think a lot of families lighten up as they see that the world really isn't all that evil, or maybe they just get tired or their beliefs simply change. I would not be surprised if the Duggars had relaxed greatly in some aspects, but feel the need to keep up appearances because they've spent so long preaching the whole package .

I was good good friends with several girls from very religious families in high school, though none were quite fundie level, and as their children got older the families really loosened up on how strict they were with their children. Ex: a friend was 3 of 6; when her eldest sibling was in 7th grade, he had to leave class because the parents wouldn't allow him to watch a PG-13 movie. By the time we were in 7th grade, friend was allowed to watch the same movie no problem. By the time her youngest sibling was in 7th grade, she was watching far more "inappropriate" movies at home with her family, often sans parents, though at that point they just didn't care.  Another friend was skirts-exclusive, and was afraid to wear shorts under her floor-length skirt in case her mother walked by during PE (school faculty). By the time her youngest sister was in high school, she was wearing spandex shorts wth no skirt during gym and playing competitive sports (another no no in their family).

I think Jeremy is totally playing us with the next 5 years comment. There is NO way they are using BC, if anything NFP...but even then,,,

52 minutes ago, Jingeyk said:

I would not be surprised if the Duggars had relaxed greatly in some aspects, but feel the need to keep up appearances because they've spent so long preaching the whole package .

I agree. 

39 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I think Jeremy is totally playing us with the next 5 years comment. There is NO way they are using BC, if anything NFP...but even then,,,

I do think he's trying to say they right things and prove he's not a Duggar. I wouldn't be surprised if the announced they're expecting by the end of the season.

Wasn't the mozzarella scene already in the last season and supposedly right after their honeymoon???????

2 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

A few posters have mentioned how clear her skin has been looking lately... don't BC pills help with acne? 

She is also sexually active now. Sex can clear up skin. Speaking from personal experience and other women I know. Seriously doubt it's the "pill". Michelle has cried the blues all their lives about the evil pill that caused her loose a baby. There are plenty of other birth control methods that might be fundie approved.

So...is Jana mainly wallpaper in this episode? I won't be able to watch for a while.

I'd much rather watch her, JD and a sprinkling of Jinger...

10 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

So...is Jana mainly wallpaper in this episode? I won't be able to watch for a while.

I'd much rather watch her, JD and a sprinkling of Jinger...

Jana is barely there. She has a few talking heads, that's about it. 

30 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Wasn't the mozzarella scene already in the last season and supposedly right after their honeymoon???????

No.  It was a preview for this season that was shown at the end of last season.

While I have my doubts about Jinger on oral birth control; it WOULD explain a couple of things: the fuller face and figure, clearer face, shinier hair. I know all of those things happened to me and several other woman who started to take birth control. 

Remember, Jeremy is Calvinist/Reformed; their theology doesn't necessarily restrict birth control. One reason being it's not explicitly biblically forbidden. According to Jeremy's religious views (which are NOT necessarily Quiverful), I don't see any reason he would be AGAINST birth control from a theological point of view. If Jinger doesn't want a buttload of kids, I'm sure babe would be more than happy to let her use birth control the Godly way. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived