IGNORED

Stockdale family murders

JermajestyDuggar

24 minutes ago, VVV said:

I required my kids to take music lessons too but we paid for them.

Most parents pay the expenses of their minor children, it's part of the responsibility of being a parent. That's why Mrs. Stockdale's claims that she was teaching her sons responsibility ring a bit hollow to me. How could she teach them responsibility when she was abdicating her own?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have looked and looked and can't find any updates.  Last info was in June.  Did Jacob survive?  What is his condition? Was he charged?

I am surprised in this age of instant news and constant social media, there is not a peep about this tragic family. There is a GoFund Me page for funeral expenses and Jacob's care.

To kill your mother and brother and try to kill yourself is unfathomable.  If I lost my mind in such a horrible way, I would not want to survive. 

6 minutes ago, Zenyatta said:

I have looked and looked and can't find any updates.

Seriously? You must be even worse at looking than I am. ;)

You only have to read back on this thread to see a few peeps (granted the thread went wildly out of control a few times) that may interest you.

Most recent media report:   http://www.kentwired.com/latest_updates/article_da416512-9e3a-11e7-aa01-6f3c2628513d.html

Jacob survived.  He has a very serious brain injury.  He has yet to be charged with the murders but it is probably only a matter of time.  

It is a tragedy.  And I hope Jacob has a good lawyer.

19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Seriously? You must be even worse at looking than I am. ;)

You only have to read back on this thread to see a few peeps (granted the thread went wildly out of control a few times) that may interest you.

Thank you.  Yes, I thought I had read everything here, but I see I missed a whole couple pages.  Gosh, I used to think I was pretty good at tracking down stuff.  Guess not, but I will persist. 

46 minutes ago, ladymissdiva said:

Most parents pay the expenses of their minor children, it's part of the responsibility of being a parent. That's why Mrs. Stockdale's claims that she was teaching her sons responsibility ring a bit hollow to me. How could she teach them responsibility when she was abdicating her own?

This is Amish country (I live about 20 miles from where the Stockdales live) and many homeschoolers look favorably on the Amish lifestyle and incorporate bit & pieces of Amish culture/tradition into their lives.  My guess is that the idea of making the kids pay for things like music lessons comes from there.  Amish children (generally) are expected to go to work as soon as they are able (around 14) and their wages go to the family.  In return, the parents pay for everything until they move out and generally give a large portion of the collected wages back to them at that point.  At least that's how our Amish neighbors explained it -- I'm sure it varies among church groups.  I could see a homeschooling family looking at that and trying to come up with a workable alternative & this seems like it could be such a thing.  Just a guess.

1 hour ago, CrazyMumma said:

I get the picture that Jacob was picked to do all of the dirty work... his three other brothers went onto college.. while he didn't... 

Jacob apparently is a talented musician who loved his fiddling.  Maybe college wasn't for him.  Sounds like he could have made a career of his music.  He was 25 at the time of the shooting.  No mention of a girlfriend/courtship. Do you think he could have been forcibly and physically kept at home to do the chores?  I am just considering the idea that the horrifying lifestyle wasn't to blame.  Two brothers made it out and seem to be doing well.  The youngest is described as having  been happy-go-lucky.   Could the cause have been inside Jacob only and/or he ingested something deliberately or inadvertently that triggered rage and/or there was a seemingly insurmountable orientation issue? 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived