Jump to content
IGNORED

Telos (IBLP college) Shutting Down


funyuns_and_fundies
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was on the website of Telos, the unaccredited "college" run by IBLP and I noticed it says it is closing due to "finanicial stability."

http://telos.edu/

It appears to me that IBLP is attempting to rebrand itself and seperate themselves from their Gothard era as much as possible. They have done away with a lot of programs from that time.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are also collapsing upon themselves due to people leaving the fold.

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, funyuns_and_fundies said:

I was on the website of Telos, the unaccredited "college" run by IBLP and I noticed it says it is closing due to "finanicial stability."

http://telos.edu/

Things have to be petty bad when an unaccredited on-line college for homeschoolers can't make it.  They do offer a home health care ministry degree.  And photography courses.  

Completing this quiz is was an important part of the admissions process.  I'm not sure I'd pass, although I'm usually pretty good at this type of stuff:

Screenshot 2017-06-13 at 5.19.30 PM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Things have to be petty bad when an unaccredited on-line college for homeschoolers can't make it.  They do offer a home health care ministry degree.  And photography courses.  

Completing this quiz is was an important part of the admissions process.  I'm not sure I'd pass, although I'm usually pretty good at this type of stuff:

Screenshot 2017-06-13 at 5.19.30 PM.png

That's some seriously ... what:the::heck?!

Most of these make no smse! What a convolute mindset these people have foisted on their followers.  

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The part of a boat with the wheel or tiller is also called a cockpit. 

Action to object:

Gothard: [a. deceive, b. molest, c. abuse, d. intimidate] :: baker:bake

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

That's some seriously ... what:the::heck?!

Most of these make no smse! What a convolute mindset these people have foisted on their followers.  

#4 and #6 definitely make no sense.  The others I can sorta figure out.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, StacyW said:

The part of a boat with the wheel or tiller is also called a cockpit. 

Action to object:

Gothard: [a. deceive, b. molest, c. abuse, d. intimidate] :: baker:bake

It's also the helm and on most small sailboats, the cockpit would also be considered as part of the deck and the cockpit is frequently where the orders (jibe ho! tacking!) are given so it's also the bridge.  The only one that is NOT the deck/cockpit/bridge/helm is the crow's nest.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the answer to #2 "heresy"? These don't make sense to me at all. Either bridge or helm would work for #1, but it would kind of depend on the size of the plane. Helm:ship=pilot's seat:plane, or bridge:ship=cockpit:plane.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2017 at 10:21 PM, freejugar said:

In Spanish, telo means brothel and I can't stop giggling

I don't think College of the Brothels is quite what they had in mind. :pb_lol:

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, gustava said:

#4 and #6 definitely make no sense.  The others I can sorta figure out.

In 4, Nahum is one of the prophets, Abraham is one of the patriarchs, Hezekiah one of the kings, and Paul another of the prophets, so th answer is b. (The patriarchs i.e. the fathers, generally refers to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Pretty sure 6 is d blasphemy since it can mean to curse God.

The one that has me a bit confused is 2.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Coconut Flan said:

They are also collapsing upon themselves due to people leaving the fold.

Why do I immediately think of the house from Poltergeist 2 collapsing on itself & disappearing in a flash when I read this sentence? 

7 hours ago, 16strong said:

I don't think College of the Brothels is quite what they had in mind. :pb_lol:

Ignorance is bliss, though  ;) 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Duggars and Bates never even bothered to sign any of their kids up for Telos courses, did they?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Duggars and Bates never even bothered to sign any of their kids up for Telos courses, did they?

Not that I know of.  But I think it may have been where Kendalyn Staddon got her home health degree (or whatever it was called) instead of going to med school.  IIRC, there were courses on baking with whole grains and the biblical basis for suffering.  Not going to get that kind of quality coursework in med school.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2017 at 0:32 AM, CyborgKin said:

[snip]

The one that has me a bit confused is 2.

That one puzzled me for a while, but I think the key is that it is labeled "cause and effect."  I think the answer may be "b" because heresy destroys the mind like poison destroys the body.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/06/2017 at 1:15 PM, Mirla said:

That one puzzled me for a while, but I think the key is that it is labeled "cause and effect."  I think the answer may be "b" because heresy destroys the mind like poison destroys the body.

 

Ah, I was kinda reading it back to front and was trying to think of what relates to poison like the mind relates to the body, instead of what relates to the mind like poison relates to the body.  So I failed the IQ part of that one :P

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Ah, I was kinda reading it back to front and was trying to think of what relates to poison like the mind relates to the body, instead of what relates to the mind like poison relates to the body.  So I failed the IQ part of that one

To be fair, it's a bad analogy.  It only works because it's the best answer available.

The whole test is obviously designed to test your theology rather than your IQ, and it does a really bad job of testing your theology because it doesn't have answers from other theologies.  It's too easy to guess the right answer.

I get the feeling someone heard that the SAT/ACT uses analogies, so figured their test should also.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mirla said:

To be fair, it's a bad analogy.  It only works because it's the best answer available.

The whole test is obviously designed to test your theology rather than your IQ, and it does a really bad job of testing your theology because it doesn't have answers from other theologies.  It's too easy to guess the right answer.

I get the feeling someone heard that the SAT/ACT uses analogies, so figured their test should also.

Yeah it's not gonna catch out Unitarians or worshippers of Diana of the Ephesians :P

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mirla said:

I get the feeling someone heard that the SAT/ACT uses analogies, so figured their test should also.

Same. It looks like some alternate universe version of SAT questions. As you said, it's pretty obvious what the answers are supposed to be here, and my guess would be that's by design. It sounds less like they're testing Bible knowledge or logic skills, and more like they're testing your potential fit with the school (which obviously isn't unique to this place or religious schools even). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • Recent Status Updates

    • 47of74

      47of74

      Someone trying to make some salad of the potaters

      · 0 replies
    • FiveAcres

      FiveAcres

      Just found out that a friend, who was in home hospice, died last night. He was a cantankerous old guy, but still, a friend.
       
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Holy Storage Places!

      · 0 replies
    • GreyhoundFan

      GreyhoundFan

      I ran into this cartoon that made me smile. It's nice to see something wholesome. Plus, Triceratops are my favorite dinosaurs too.


      · 1 reply
    • Hazelbunny

      Hazelbunny

      It is Hazels 11th Birthday today! (He has been living with me for 11 years - probably more like 13 years old)❤️
       
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      It was gonna be the photo of the year until....

      · 2 replies
    • K'Z'K

      K'Z'K

      🎵 It's beginning to look a lot like Allston Christmas 🎵
       
      It's mid-August, time for the biggest holiday in Boston (and Cambridge, Somerville, and other nearby cities/towns). The traditional decorations are going out on the curb, the UHauls are converging on the city, and the Storrowings have begun in earnest. As a bonus for this year, the T is a disaster and occasionally bursts info flames, if it's running at all. Welcome, students!
      As the BossTones once said:
      I was here before they came,
      I'll be here long after.
      Don't wanna swear,
      but it seems clear
      that I'm gonna have ta.
      Ah . . . . fuck.
      · 0 replies
    • WannabeHistorian

      WannabeHistorian

      Well, I survived the ultrasound. It was incredibly uncomfortable and invasive, but I lived. Thank you so much once again to everyone who responded to my initial post. You guys helped me so much so that I even had a normal bp when the nurse checked it!
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      Guess I forgot to tell y'all I fell and dislocated my ankle last week. Had the ankle put back into place but also have something called a tri-mallealar (sp) fracture. 3 places! Surgery next Thursday for the lovely hardware needed to put it all back together. Did I mention that Oxy is like shooting a bb at a hurricane for pain? 
      · 6 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      F**k Alzheimer's.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.