IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 21: Bringing About Gilead One Doodle at a Time

@molecule Aunt Lori posted on Facebook:

Luda TerKeurst is divorcing her husband. Yes, he has abused substances and has had an affair yet we never hear his side of the story. Yes, he has sinned against her but in cases like this one, we never hear how she has sinned against him since it is usually behind closed doors. It usually takes two to get to this point in a marriage and this is tragic news. I would never encourage her to divorce her husband as she has been counseled to do. This is happening way too often with these popular women preachers. 

Lori's first comment:

Exactly, especially as a "leader" of a woman who promotes Proverbs 31! Believers should never divorce since love bears all things, believes all things, and endures all things. Love never fails.

Her second comment:

As I am pondering this and thinking of the women whose husband have had affairs but have reconciled, even some in here, the women have all shared what they did to push their husbands away by being too busy for them, disrespectful, angry, unsubmissive, etc. but you never see things like this on posts like Lysa wrote. No, it's all the husband's fault, they tried a bit, and now they're divorcing.

Another comment:

When we see a woman who is a "leader" among women not acting in a biblical way but instead slandering her husband and divorcing for the world to see, we have every right to point out that what she is doing is wrong and is no example for others to follow.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, that's exactly what I figured Lori would do. :( Couldn't she have at least waited a day before twisting someone else's pain into her own sick message?

The news has really shaken my marriage ministry group, and Lori's words make me sick.

16 minutes ago, Joyce said:

@molecule Aunt Lori posted on Facebook:

Lori's first comment:

Her second comment:

Another comment:

The nerve of that b*tch. Pardon my French but I am so incredibly angry at her. If ken ever starts beating on her or having affairs she'll think twice about that love never fails shit. 

Based on Lori's post and comments, it seems that a wife should not divorce her husband even if he tried to kill her.

4 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Based on Lori's post and comments, a wife should not divorce her husband even if he tried to kill her.

Unreal. And insane. 

8 hours ago, Koala said:

Is she serious???

Lori:

I mean really.  What planet is she living on?

And her Instagram has yet another ridiculously expensive kitchen gadget.  Because she's moderate, you know.  

I couldn't resist. I commented on that one. Since it won't be posted, here it is for your reading pleasure:

I wouldn't hold the Duggars up as an example for anyone. Jesus called legalistic people like them,  Pharisees.

Josh should have gone to jail for what he did to his sisters, and the parents should have gone too for covering it up.

Jim Bob is nothing but a walking erection, and  Michelle is not a mother. Jana has raised those children.

The Dillards are pretend missionaries who did not meet the qualifications to be sponsored by their church. Now they are scamming donations from viewers when they should have plenty of money from People magazine and the TV show.  As far as I know, there has been no accountability as to what the donations are used for.

Ben has no real job and lets bossy Jessa rule the roost.

I do like Jinger and Jeremy though. I have some hope for them.

That is one of the most awful things I've seen from her, and I don't say that lightly. Not one iota of love or compassion for this woman's pain--just smug, self-righteous judgment, complete with speculation about what specifically  the wife may have done that forced her husband to cheat. 

Every now and then I'm still shocked at how awful she is.

Lori is actually the counter christian - she embodies everything Jesus condemned - pride, casting the first stone, judgmental, angry, covetous (for kitchens), deceptive (piercing diaphragm), bearing false witness, false gods before me (Paul not Jesus as her inspiration)....about the only things she hasn't done (as far as we know) are adultery and murder!

And as for loving thy neighbour as thyself? :laughing-rofl:

ETA Ooh, and I forgot about that bit about rich men and the eye of the needle - they refuse to tithe, don't they? And suffer little children to come unto me - unless I'm having my afternoon nap.....

Lori removed the post on the divorcing woman minister. I was unable to get screenshots.

This is another proof that Lori reads FJ. Within an hour of my reply here in FJ, she deleted her post on Facebook. 

Lori, you're welcome. Feel free to comment here and set things straight. I doubt that FJ will ban you just as you banned me for contention. 

Aunt Lori has clearly forgotten what Jesus said, you know, that bit about loving your neighbor.  She doesn't give a damn about the woman who was cheated on, whose husband apparently had a substance abuse problem-' has abused substances and has had an affair.'  But does Ms. Self-Righteous care? Nope. All she can do is say that woman is sinning, that she should keep the marriage together no matter what, and go on blaming women for making their husbands cheat.  Because of course that's how Jesus treated the woman at the well, right? Didn't he tell her 'You filthy thing, get away from me until you're living a perfect life, then I'll try to care about you and forgive your sins.' Oh, he didn't say that? I must have picked up Lori's 'Bible' by accident.  

Lori:

44 minutes ago, Joyce said:

I would never encourage her to divorce her husband as she has been counseled to do.

Obadiah 1:12:

“You should not gloat over your brother in the day of his misfortune, nor rejoice over the people of Judah in the day of their destruction, nor boast so much in the day of their trouble.”
‭‭

When people are in crisis, you take the opportunity to promote yourself. Is this the example that you want to set for the younger women whom you "teach"?

@BlackSheepThank you for the apposite quotation. Can someone post it? We know it will be removed stat, but some might see it, and begin to see this horrible woman's lack of true christianity.

8 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Lori removed the post on the divorcing woman minister. I was unable to get screenshots.

I wonder who convinced her - Ken or FJers?

17 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Lori:

Obadiah 1:12:

“You should not gloat over your brother in the day of his misfortune, nor rejoice over the people of Judah in the day of their destruction, nor boast so much in the day of their trouble.”
‭‭

When people are in crisis, you take the opportunity to promote yourself. Is this the example that you want to set for the younger women whom you "teach"?

Oh that's Old Testament. She doesn't follow the OT because that'd put her "under the law." 

Blog comment:

"Thank you Lori so much for your encouraging blog! Joyously, my husband and I found out we are expecting yesterday. We decided before we got married in March of this year that we wouldn’t prevent children with potentially abortifacent birth control (all of them can be abortifacent). While thinking about how this will affect our church relationships, we realized that we will be having a baby before four other couples in our church that were married before my husband and I even began dating."

Because it's totally her business to monitor those couples and feel more righteous because she beat them to pregnancy. She didn't even acknowledge that perhaps those couples might be dealing with infertility, struggling to conceive but being disappointed. If that's the case, then pray for them. Don't cut them down.

Lori's reply:

"Yes, I hope you can be a positive role model to others in your church and show them the beauty of living life according to God’s Word instead of our own selfish desires."

And of course, Lori the Teacher and Prophetess encourages and delights in this pissing contest.

4 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh that's Old Testament. She doesn't follow the OT because that'd put her "under the law." 

Oh I know. Lori's faith buffet includes only the choices that further her prideful agenda.

10 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

Blog comment:

we realized that we will be having a baby before four other couples in our church that were married before my husband and I even began dating.

Stupid commenter doesn't know what the hell she is saying. In my former church a girl got married, then they found out her husband was shooting blanks with no chance ever of fixing it. Imagine how someone like that would've felt to read the words of that ignorant woman 

9 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

...potentially abortifacent birth control (all of them can be abortifacent)...

The word is 'abortifacient,' Google is your spelling friend, Ms. Worshipper of the Great Aunt Lori.  But aside from the spelling error that's just wrong, wrong, WRONG!  Even assuming the worst (unproven, with evidence stacked the other way) case and BC pills and IUDs allow fertilization, then destroy an embryo-again, the evidence is to the contrary-but let's play along with it just for the moment. Even assuming that, barrier methods CANNOT produce an abortion, because they act as-get ready for it-BARRIERS between sperm and egg, and NFP introduces a time barrier, so the two cells aren't in the same place at the same time.  No fertilization, no embryo, and even in the wildest of anti-abortion dreams that simply is not, and cannot. Be. An. Abortifacient.  But does Ms. Holier-Than-Thou bother correcting her acolyte's obvious mistake? Of course not, since doing so might weaken her Gilead agenda.  

I still can't get my head around people like Lori - but even more, I can't get my head around those who follow her! She is so obviously a fraud - read back in her blog for the numerous contradictions - and unfit to mentor anyone. I am not biblically educated - but I know more than she does. I seriously want to know how she gets away with it? A quick google of some of her comments shows how biblically uneducated she is.

Is her site financially enabled? Does she get money for clicks? I have come to believe that she is a very lonely, bored, unhappy woman who needs her pages to feel some vindication of her lifestyle, but her contradictions from post to post make her laughable.

I would feel pity for her, if she weren't so damaging to those who are sucked into listening to and heeding her advice.

And as for Ken .....does he let her have her blog etc. to get her off his back? And have some peace? But ride to the rescue when she totallly screws it up, because he wants her to continue - and not get closed down? Because then she'd be his problem all the time.

15 hours ago, EowynW said:
The pride flags made me laugh out loud. I wonder if she has noticed. 

Maybe she thinks they are God's Heavenly Rainbows?

*looks askance*

On another note - Lori's gossiping about divorce is just awful. And typical of 'Christians' like her. Put 'rules' in place so that women do have a safe out if their husbands, the supposed Christ to their Church, commits adultery, and what happens? It's STILL the women's fault somehow!

Just say it how it is Lori: you follow a religion that would rather lift up sinners, adulters and rapists on the backs of enslaved and humiliated women. And you help enslave them with the rhetoric you spout.

Lori's double standards:

On a woman who divorced her husband because he was abusing substances and cheating on her by having an affair.  

12 hours ago, Joyce said:

in cases like this one, we never hear how she has sinned against him since it is usually behind closed doors. It usually takes two to get to this point in a marriage and this is tragic news. I would never encourage her to divorce her husband as she has been counseled to do.

Lori on what to do if your 16-year old, unmarried daughter is having sex:

must speak truth and consequences to hopefully wake her up from her stupidity

Ok, so having sex with someone you are not married to is stupidity, but if your husband does it you must remember that:

love bears all things, believes all things, and endures all things. Love never fails.

Yet if your children sin, it's ok to call them names, like pig or slut.

I’d like you to be the only one in your group who isn’t a pig.

I want you to be the only non-slut in the group

Because, after all,

Sin is ugly and I have no problem telling our children how ugly it is and the horribly consequences from it.

If it's your husband sinning against you by sleeping with other women, it's partly your fault

women have all shared what they did to push their husbands away by being too busy for them, disrespectful, angry, unsubmissive, etc

But if it's your daughter, calling her a pig, stating that you refuse to live with a pig and kicking her out of her home on her 18th birthday (no need to celebrate or bake her a cake).   

No, Lori didn't quote that part of Dr. Laura's diatribe,  but If she didn't agree with the name-calling and the threat of eviction, she should have pointed out how wrong it is to kick our children out of their home without considering what we may have done to drive them to need sex before marriage despite all our best efforts to dissuade them from it.

we have every right to point out that what she is doing is wrong and is no example for others to follow.

No, you have no right, Lori.  Jesus didn't give you the right to point out anyone else's sin, unless we ourselves are sinless.  You should speak the truth in love, but you have no right whatsoever to gloat over other people's pain.  

Shut up, you disgusting old busybody. 

10 hours ago, sawasdee said:

but even more, I can't get my head around those who follow her!

Neither can I. 

10 hours ago, sawasdee said:

I would feel pity for her, if she weren't so damaging to those who are sucked into listening to and heeding her advice.

Same here. 

And as for Ken .....does he let her have her blog etc. to get her off his back? And have some peace? But ride to the rescue when she totallly screws it up, because he wants her to continue - and not get closed down? Because then she'd be his problem all the time.

I think that may be the story behind that blog. 

11 hours ago, EowynW said:

I notice ken hasn't replied to Brian h. yet. 

He's dumbstruck. 

Lori on Facebook:

Homosexuality is an interesting sin. People want to know how we, as believers, should treat them. Homosexuality is in the same list as adulterers and murderers in the Bible. If you knew someone who acknowledged that they were an adulterer or murderer, we wouldn't hesitate to bring up their sin to them and confront them about it. Why are so many afraid (for lack of a better word) afraid of confronting homosexuals in their sin? Our culture is telling them that it is worthy of pride and normal, but it's anything but these things.

Just to add to the inconsistencies, if a husband commits adultery against the wife, she should bear all things in love. But if people are homosexual, don't hesitate to bring up their sin and confront them about it.

What if a husband is homosexual? Do we bear his sin in love, or confront him about it?

What if your father was homosexual? How do you honor your father, and then confront him about his sin?

If your child is homosexual, we all know what Lori would say.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived