IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 21: Bringing About Gilead One Doodle at a Time

Sheesh, no wonder Lori seldom leaves the keyboard. Go to work for a few hours and you get way too far behind.

What gets deleted: The last comment I had promptly deleted was a request that she recommend some charities that merit  financial support or volunteer time, given that we are commanded to feed the hungry and clothe the naked. I said nothing argumentative at all, just asked the question. Another deletion, long ago, was when I mentioned that my children's only regret about my divorce was that we waited so long.

Could an older-than-Lori woman mentor her?  If so, given the above, it evidently wouldn't be me. If I can't comment or ask a question, I surely couldn't give advice.

Pain as a teacher: We had a wood cookstove and a fireplace insert when the kids were young. With one daughter, explaining that the stoves were hot and bringing her hand just close enough to feel the heat was sufficient. It was not enough, however, to keep her from putting her big rubber baby doll into the cold oven when I wasn't looking. Then I started dinner. A life-size rubber baby melted into an oven rack is creepy, and smelly, in case you wondered.

With the other daughter, no amount of explanation and warning would do. She had to touch the hot stove and see for herself. Then after some days, she had to do it again to make sure. That is still her basic MO on many fronts, but she survives.

Both of my girls wanted attention more than anything, so time outs were a good consequence for them. I wasn't a spanker, but I don't think the occasional swat is a disaster. But fetishizing pain? Yikes. Among the many things wrong with that is the logical progression that if a little pain is a good teacher, a lot is better. That's a bad path to start down.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It boggles my mind that Lori ignores the CLEAR TEACHINGS in James about taking care of the widows and orphans. Romans to Revelation, Lori, you are the one who said only those books apply to us these days. 

Did cabinetman ever come into FJ to set y'all straight like Ken did? 

Just now, EowynW said:

It boggles my mind that Lori ignores the CLEAR TEACHINGS in James about taking care of the widows and orphans. Romans to Revelation, Lori, you are the one who said only those books apply to us these days. 

Did cabinetman ever come into FJ to set y'all straight like Ken did? 

He did, and he failed even harder than Ken.

So in this photo, I'm guessing the bride is the only one who could bend over without letting others see straight down her dress. We all know Lori wears necklines so low, you probably see the waistband of her skirt when she bends over. 

Just stop already with the modesty talk, Lori. None of the female members of your family, including YOU, is one bit modest. 

@Ken, I am sorry that you, after so many years of marriage, still cannot be trusted to be a decent man and stop ogling women. The fact that Lori had to say "Ken was behind me...thank goodness..." in regards to that waitress is just disgusting. Good grief, if you are that desperate for another woman, leave your wife and go after the life you prefer. Please stop lumping all men into the same perverted leering category that you occupy.  No, not all men lust after the women they see in public. Your insisting that they do does not justify your sin in any way, shape or form. Fnallly, your wife is very distressed with what seems to be the common dress code for your city. I think you should move to where people dress more appropriately. It might help your marriage. 

IMG_7007.PNG

18 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

I can honestly say I've spent zero hours of my life worrying about my husband's reactions to scantily clad women. If he looks, he somehow manages to do it discreetly. I doubt I'd care much if I did catch him. Ken sounds like a pervy old man. The kind who kisses relatives when they don't want to be kissed, leers at women on the beach, makes suggestive comments to his co-workers, and is mocked mercilessly behind his back for it. Ick. 

I have not ever worried about that either. And unless a woman at the table across from us in a restaurant is wearing a clown outfit complete with make-up or is completely naked, I would never notice what anyone at nearby tables is wearing, either. 

True story from the weekend, though:

We traveled a few hours from home for a concert. I wore a sundress that is sleeveless and about four inches above my knee. We stopped for a restroom break on the way and as we got out of the car, two women and a girl of about 12 or 13 were coming to get in the car parked next to us (I'm guessing the adults were mom & grandma just by ages). They were all wearing denim skirts that came below the knee and long sleeved tops (on a very muggy Midwestern summer day). As they walked to their car and we were walking from ours, the girl pointed at me and muttered something to the mother then all three shook their heads in my direction. 

Okay, then. 

@EowynW That's a lot of boob showing in the last dress for the daughter of a modest mentor. How odd. 

She actually looks lovely, but her mother should probably shut up. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived