IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

Are you allergic to a preservative in the solution? Because epinephrine  exists your body naturally.  I'm Only asking because I do anesthesia and encounter many people who are told they are allergic to epi when it was an unintentional arterial injection (causing anywhere from palpitations to seizures or cardiovascular collapse )at the dentist or doctor.   Or, commonly after using epi pen people experience heart racing and think it's reaction but it's actually not.  That is one of the effects of epi keeping you alive. Just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case for you because epi can be a huge life saver for allergies.

Personally, I suspect it's the suspension as I have a known allergy to ketrol. For purposes of my SoS tag it's down as 'allergic to epi and all opiods' so that hopefully we don't have another situation where someone doesn't listen and makes a situation worse. - this particular Dr won't make that mistake again. Hives and swelling keeping eye's shut for nearly a week is no fun.

I'd love to learn more about this stuff, but the UK/Ireland approach tends toward 'God forbid anyone be informed enough to manage their own wellness'. 

16 hours ago, lomo6 said:

This is probably ascribing way too much careful planning and consideration to the Dillards...but I wonder if the relatively bigger spacing between Israel and SS (by Duggar standards, of course) was done intentionally to give Jill's body more time to heal from the c-section and increase the likelihood of a successful VBAC.

Anecdotally,  my cousin just had a scheduled c-section for her third kid who was born 20 months after her second, who was an emergency c-section. Her doctor told her that trying for a VBAC was a non-starter because the births were less than 24 months apart. Not sure if this was just the doc's policy or a general standard.

General standard is waiting 1 year since the C-section to become pregnant again.

Jill has been nursing for a long time and maybe it has helped her to prevent a new pregnancy. Or she and Derrick are not as fertile as Michelle&JD, what only can be good news.

Preventing pregnancy after an urgent C-section and while living in a Zika area would be a mature, logical, right decision. Which is not how I'd describe Dillards. But the truth is that some time after Izzy's birth Derrick posted something about "trying for a baby next year" so it sounded as if they were preventing.

If I was Jill, not only would I head straight to the hospital for the birth, I'd also bar the door to the TLC crew and screen every single scripted Duggar call about my "progress" until the baby was out. 

But I'm not Jill...so I can only hope she makes the best decision for both Sammy's wellbeing and her own. 

8 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Surely her parents would PAY for her hospital.  Especially if Michelle had VBAC"s in hospital. 

I believe, if asked for money to pay someone else's bills, JB and Michelle would bring out the "leave and cleave" phrase.

Ok, all this talk about insurance and who would pay the bills for Jill's birth is bringing up some questions. Forgive me if what I'm asking is already common knowledge that I've somehow missed out on. Would TLC offer any kind of insurance to the families? Not sure how that would work...  I would assume they are probably under some kind of contract but the family has been with that network for so long. Would Jill have some sort of nest egg from her appearances and books? Or does J. Boob keep it all in a trust? Is Derrick currently employed anywhere? Wasn't he wearing a SAM's Furniture shirt? Possibly keeping him on the payroll/insurance there as favor to the family?

Finally, what's the cut off age to stay on your parents insurance? 26? Is it a possibility Boob would keep her on the family plan while she's carrying precious cargo?

26 is the cut off age for remaining on the parent's insurance, but the person needs to be a full time student, which Jill is not.

Derick worked for a year at WM and had very few expenses- parents provided home, furnishings, cars... Add in the TLC money, the People mag money.

I hope that the cost of Jill's care DOES affect the Dillards- maybe they need a wake up call. Of course that would probably just drive Derick further into the developing world. 

There is NO excuse for a college educated man, with a family of near 4 to support is not working FT. The unemployment rate is low right now. There is no excuse for these folks not to be self supporting, and that includes paying for any and all medical bills.

18 hours ago, sawasdee said:

It just seems such an unnecessary risk for her to take to attempt a VBAC homebirth. If every embryo is sacred from the second sperm meets egg, then surely a full grown foetus is too? Shouldn't she be doing everything possible to ensure the safety of her child?

Every embryo is sacred. Once it's carried to term, death during childbirth is God's will. After birth, they would be the first to spew "You breed it, you feed it...but please continue to send us money for our ministry, because we're more Godly than you."

14 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I think Jill will go to the hospital, hence the grifting. 

I don't think the Dillards grifting has anything to do with needing the money.

I predict that Jill will go to the hospital.  They shouldn't have a problem with paying hospital bills. 

3 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I predict that Jill will go to the hospital.  They shouldn't have a problem with paying hospital bills. 

If she doesnt it will be shockingly irresponsible.  

I wonder if Boob has some form of small business health insurance.  Given the sheer number of people on the Duggar Family cast (aka payroll) and the likelihood that they will give birth to atleast one duggarling per year (with that number increasing exponentially), plus shots etc for said duggarling, the smart thing to do would be to insure them.  Boob is nothing if not financially saavy, its not like he's insuring only 17-28 year old males, so I'm guessing there is some group plan out there that isnt scamaritan.

If it truly is illegal for Jill to have her fake midwives in attendance for the birth plus the risk of the VBAC plus the desire to be filmed she'll go to the hospital solely because TLC wont film it due to risk.

12 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I don't think the Dillards grifting has anything to do with needing the money.

Nah! They're not hard up for a bit of cash, I'm sure. They're just greedy. They didn't need half the crap they had on their wedding registry either. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

26 is the cut off age for remaining on the parent's insurance, but the person needs to be a full time student, which Jill is not.

Actually you don't need to be a student to be covered by the parent's health insurance until age 26. Thanks Obama! (Seriously, thanks Obama!)

It's until age 26, meaning through age 25. Once you turn 26 you can no longer be covered by parents' insurance.

The way it's phrased doesn't make that very clear.

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Unpopular opinion here (and I was a nurse for 35 years, so I know a bit about patients, behaviors and pain management), I don't believe, from what we have seen of Jill ...and medical procedures and temperament that she would make a good, unmedicated birth candidate. From what we have seen from her, she seems easily stressed and very uncomfortable when she is outside of her personal safety zone. Labor can get ugly- I think Jill's tendency to be anxious and very, very, very needy work again her in this endeavor.

Now, if she went to the hospital, had good pain management which allowed her to remain calm and relaxed, I could see her having a successful VBAC.

Some people surprise me when it comes to giving birth, though. I'm thinking of my sister-- she has NEVER handled pain or stress well and is overly sensitive about the tiniest things. She cries a lot and has panic attacks, etc. But she has had three un-medicated births that she handled like a champ. I was shocked when she was going the no-epidural route, since she seemed to have such a low pain tolerance in everyday life. But she had both home births and a birth center birth and really rocked it! I guess being quite educated about labor and birth helped. Somewhat "managing" the pain in non-medicinal ways (tub, balls, positioning, not being hooked up to machines, etc.) helped her stamina/tolerance as well. I think it comes down to where you are more comfortable mentally, which might look different for some people than you'd expect it to.

It was mentioned in one of their books....maybe both...that the Duggars do carry health insurance.

22 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

No alternative for those of us allergic to epi either :(

That must be really tough. I am sorry you have to deal with that.:my_heart:

And let us note:

You CAN be on your parents' insurance, but they are not REQUIRED to allow you to remain on their policy unless something like a divorce decree stipulates it.  Parents have every legal right to remove their adult children from their insurance policies and tell them to get their own.  

With how many adult children JB and M have, keeping them on their insurance is likely an incredibly sizable cost, especially with their policies on fertility.  I wouldn't actually blame them if they booted the married adults.  They are getting to an age where JB and M are going to need to start looking to their own medical needs along with caring for the minor children still in the home.  Married adults need to come last because frankly, they SHOULD be supporting themselves. 

Not sure if this applies, but I think I was able to be on my parents insurance until I was 26 as long as I lived at the same residence. Could be remembering that wrong, though. 

Then I turned 27, still working as a waitress while applying for jobs since I had just graduated with my Masters Degree, and had to get Cobra catastrophic insurance. That in itself was hideously expensive. 

I certainly am lucky! As a foster kid I get free Medical Assitance until I'm 26! I don't know if MN is the same is Arksans, but Tyler will prolly get that benefit too. 

Nevada, usually near the bottom in things such as education or health care has Access to healthcare. It's for low income. My unemployment counted. It had a low premium, but you had to pay for services as they were rendered. We kept it after we got Medicare for dental and vision. A crown is about $500 instead of the usual $1200. It was a life saver for us.

My sister was getting her second degree in nursing when she turned 26. Our insurance gave her I think till the end of her birthday month/ first week of the next month to get off and she just brought insurance at her school for the rest of the year. The same will happen to me when I'm getting my masters so I'm probably going to do the same especially with being an asthmatic.

Re:Insurance I thought Jimboob said they had catastrophic insurance? Even though Josie would have (and would she still?) be covered by CHIP. Also if Jill's birth is being filmed I would think TLC had stuff in place that she'd have to do it at a hospital.

My Dad let me stay on his insurance until I was 26, but I was never asked to verify that I was in college or living under the same roof as him. That could just be something California allows for though. :my_smile:

53 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also if Jill's birth is being filmed I would think TLC had stuff in place that she'd have to do it at a hospital.

I would think it would be the other way around.  Hospitals don't like filming, don't respect it, and will outright ban it if it gets in their way.  Most hospital rooms do not have the room for a camera crew.  Most doctors will not consent to filming and will not deal with the lighting if it bothers them.  Allowing filming by a professional crew creates a HUGE liability issue for the hospital that most of them will not even entertain taking on.  Even in the hospital births we've seen on TLC or MTV (16 and Pregnant), the labor filming is usually footage from private filming by a person allowed in the L&D room (father, grandmother, whatever), and professional footage is either after/as the mother and baby are discharged or once they are stable and in the suite.  

Edit: I think one of the reasons that the Duggars suddenly became SO pro-Home Birth is because TLC offers more for home births because they can film them.  I have no evidence to support this, but it makes sense that they would offer additional incentives if they are able to film the birth themselves.  

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

My sister was getting her second degree in nursing when she turned 26. Our insurance gave her I think till the end of her birthday month/ first week of the next month to get off and she just brought insurance at her school for the rest of the year. The same will happen to me when I'm getting my masters so I'm probably going to do the same especially with being an asthmatic.

Yeah, you get until the first day of the month after you turn 26, which for me was only a few days.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived