IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Switzerland to the Backwoods of Arkansas

Coconut Flan

47 minutes ago, season of life said:

Instagram snooping brought me these two photos. Sarah, the lady who made the cupcakes for Joy's wedding, says that the aroma of Jesus shines through the Duggars. What an odd sentence. And Austin sort of looks awkward in the photo below.

Hide contents

The aroma of Jesus shines through the Duggars? This woman has her senses confused. How can an aroma shine? Perhaps somebody put LSD in her fellowship's Flavoraid, and she believes she can see smells.

I guess 'those Duggars stink of Jesus' sounds less poetic.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do yaaall think? Is Joy still able to be freed or do I need to change my username?

Just watched the wedding episode and since Joy as officially kissed, is there any hope? :-O

9 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

I've heard dirty bare feet called a lot of things in different regions. Haha! Southern area here... back in the day little kids would come in the grocery store with parents during the summer barefoot & their feet would be even dirtier after running through the Piggly Wiggly. Basically dirty black feet from going barefoot everywhere all the time. 

Ewwww seriously?

I'm a barefoot girl. Our parents kept us out of shoes as much as possible until age 5 due to how shoes can affect the formation of feet, but we had sandals or shoes for going out to public places. I'd have thought shoes are minimum dress code for a supermarket.

27 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

I'd have thought shoes are minimum dress code for a supermarket.

In my childhood, some stores had signs that said, "No shirt, no shoes, no service". A reaction to "hippie culture" I suppose?

Now it makes me think of Mickey Mouse!

Spoiler

Austin's expression looks more like a proof of life than a happy chocolate face, looks a little like he's holding the newspaper with today's date in front of him. :tw_confused:

7 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I really hope she meant aura and not aroma :pb_lol:

Maybe the aroma she was referring to was all those dirty Duggar feet!

7 hours ago, season of life said:

Instagram snooping brought me these two photos. Sarah, the lady who made the cupcakes for Joy's wedding, says that the aroma of Jesus shines through the Duggars. What an odd sentence. And Austin sort of looks awkward in the photo below.

Um, what does Jesus smell like?

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Yeah I saw the chocolate one before. Given how the rest if them look, they're supposed to make yummy or funny faces. Apparently that's not something Austin has done a lot. 

Better than being the only one to follow through with making a funny face. That may or may not have happened to me one or two times :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Frankincense and myrrh?

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well, not to offend anyone but I'm pretty sure he smelled like shit. I don't think showers were a thing thousands of years ago.

33 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Well, not to offend anyone but I'm pretty sure he smelled like shit. I don't think showers were a thing thousands of years ago.

Maybe not showers but bathing was a thing. Plus there was lots of ritual cleaning and I think there were public baths that were found in Jordan. 

21 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Maybe not showers but bathing was a thing. Plus there was lots of ritual cleaning and I think there were public baths that were found in Jordan. 

And there was that whole thing about washing people's feet in the bible. 

19 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

And there was that whole thing about washing people's feet in the bible. 

Which Joy obviously didn't study.

18 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

I've heard dirty bare feet called a lot of things in different regions. Haha! Southern area here... back in the day little kids would come in the grocery store with parents during the summer barefoot & their feet would be even dirtier after running through the Piggly Wiggly. Basically dirty black feet from going barefoot everywhere all the time. 

Lol! The Piggly Wiggly! I am a lifelong southerner here! We always say "grocery store" or "7-11 feet" too! 

I have a thing about feet anyway. Don't like them, especially dirty. Don't put your feet ON me...

When I went back to college this past year (as an OLD person,) the biggest horror to me was all the BARE FEET in class, in hallways, on campus in general. Huge trynd here I guess. I wanted to yell - 'Your mamas spent a lot of time keeping your feet clean!"

But I didn't. :(

13 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I saw people wearing pajamas to class in college, 

My friend's cousin went to NYU she use to ride the bus in her PJ's. It worked out for her she ended up meeting her husband on that bus. 

I can't believe Joy is married. I'm the same age as her, and I cannot imagine getting married. She should be living in a college dorm, playing cards against humanity and stressing out over her calc exam next week. 

I miss going to the grocery store in bare feet in the summer. I hadn't thought of that in years. We liked to walk down the frozen food section and feel the cold on our arms and our mom would let us pick out a popsicle or something, which we'd eat on the walk home. But nobody ever accused my family of being classy.

4 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I laughed way to hard at that.  Hops on that bus to hell!  I've got wine, if anyone wants to come along. 

13 hours ago, season of life said:

(clipped) Instagram snooping brought me these two photos. Sarah, the lady who made the cupcakes for Joy's wedding, says that the aroma of Jesus shines through the Duggars. What an odd sentence.

I remember being told at a church camp once that we were to be a sweet fragrance unto God. lol. Based on this passage in 2 Corinthians 2:15-16:

15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?

That dress in the window with the sheer back probably would've looked fantastic on Joy. I'm probably in the minority but Joy's dress is actually my least favorite of the sisters so far.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived