IMG_8100.JPG.bd1e07ec43b6a43c7b491c8db4a5736d.JPG

IMG_8104.GIF.99e599c1e5748c81d213940d1bcda6f5.GIF

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I know someone else already did this, but my contributions:

:boom: And I'm dead!   :handsex::pb_lol:

I've never heard grown ass adults talk about "triple dates" ... Personally, I just go out with or go to dinner with people.  I felt little like they were stuck in an old Archie comic on their way to the malt shop ...

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I know someone else already did this, but my contributions:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_8100.JPG.bd1e07ec43b6a43c7b491c8db4a5736d.JPG

IMG_8104.GIF.99e599c1e5748c81d213940d1bcda6f5.GIF

Love it ;) 

The glitter canon was great, they all seemed borderline horrified

8 minutes ago, SummerRocks said:

- I was surprised to see so many empty seats, it didn't seem that way w previous weddings.

Jill R posted their invite and it said something about there not being enough space for everyone who was invited (Jill R's hand was covering half of it so it's not precisely clear). If the invitation said what it seems to say (that an invitation does not necessarily mean you will be accommodated with a seat), I would peace out from that business.  No way I would spend the money to travel to and attend the wedding only to be turned away.  Maybe that explains the empty seats. 

18 minutes ago, SummerRocks said:

I was surprised to see so many empty seats, it didn't seem that way w previous weddings.

I looked it up and the campus of across Church where the wedding was held seats 2,384 people. Even with 1,000 people, more than half the seats would be empty.

In order for the room to look less empty in the camera shots, they could/should have roped off certain sections of the worship center. It appears that they let people sit scattered wherever they wanted to sit. It's not a big deal, but it did make the wedding look more empty than it was.

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

@VelociRapture. With those JD and Jeremy photos, may Rufus' love shine down upon you and bless you. The snark is strong with this one.

If you think those were good...

IMG_8108.JPG.18c236e81bad7aee9122f2acc3bd6ee0.JPG

#prayforhippyjesus #soblessed #isstupidapreexistingcondition #itshouldbe :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, nst said:

is Kendra a humper or fundie royalty ? 

I read this as "is Kendra a humper OF fundie royalty" and I would say...she's about to be! hahaha!

I didn't see the entire episode(S?) because Warriors basketball, but here are my thoughts:

I like all the 2 generation couples more after last night.

Jill and Derick- Jill seemed more adult and calm. I think Derick is a JB clone and I for one was not expecting that at all. Maybe he needed to take on that role because he realized that Jill is basically a kid herself. I did think Jill would be a more demonstrative and attentive mom-I am also surprised by that. OK, other than Jill being more calm, maybe I was not so impressed with the Dillards. Jill is lovely-

Jessa and Ben- I think they work. Jessa seems to have toned it done and Ben seems less fundie every season. He also seems to be smarter- They do seem really happy. Of course, they don't really work and live close to resources, so their path is easier than the Dillards.

Jinjer- I like that they are making their own family life in Laredo- good for them. And no bump after 6 months, Yahoo.

Joy and Austin- Cute as can be. Too bad they are so young. I hope that Austin encourages Joy to be herself, much like Jeremey has done for Ginger.

The happiest couples seem to be those that the spouses encourage one another to be themselves, and that fully accept that other person.

Joe and Kendra might just kiss before the ring is on that finger...I'm predicting a short engagement, and maybe an August wedding.

ALL the Duggar girls are attractive. And, yes, their philosophies and beliefs are still horrible.

Obviously, I left out Josh and Anna. Poor Anna. She drew the really short straw.

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

Jinger was genuinely surprised for her proposal too

You think so?  IDK, the taped X on the ground where they stood for the proposal should have given her a clue, lol.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jinjer- I like that they are making their own family life in Laredo- good for them. And no bump after 6 months, Yahoo.

And hopefully no baby announcement until November 2017 (fingers crossed!)

14 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

You think so?  IDK, the taped X on the ground where they stood for the proposal should have given her a clue, lol.

Jinger thought they were going to a photoshoot with Jeremy's friend. The spike mark could have easily been for taking pictures. 

36 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

They probably use marks on the ground almost every time they film...she's used to being told where to stand in order to make the shot work

1 hour ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

I've never heard grown ass adults talk about "triple dates" ... Personally, I just go out with or go to dinner with people.  I felt little like they were stuck in an old Archie comic on their way to the malt shop ...

If they did not use the "triple date" language then they couldn't differentiate themselves from the lowely unmarried, no special friends, not courting adult siblings or friends.  They need to show they've reached the pinnacle of their adulthood compared to lowly Jana or another non-courting adult.

38 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

And hopefully no baby announcement until November 2017 (fingers crossed!)

I really hope they are preventing rather than having trouble conceiving because no matter how we feel about it, Jinjer with how she was raised would be devastated.

a. I really want a gif of Derick tangled up in the obstacle course. I need the gif to watch when I'm having a bad day (like today when my baby regurgitated his entire bottle onto himself and me while we were out). 

b. re: Jim Bob's short conversation with Joy before walking down the aisle. She shut him down. He started and she said very firmly that he needed to stop or she was going to cry and he listened. Later she told him he was the best daddy ever or similar. I don't think there's any issues there between them. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I did think Jill would be a more demonstrative and attentive mom-I am also surprised by that. OK, other than Jill being more calm, maybe I was not so impressed with the Dillards. Jill is lovely-

I think I've finally figured out Jill as a mother. I know many of us saw her caring for her buddy group and expected her to parent that way. Instead, she's parenting like her mom (Michelle). I think Michelle parented her oldest children carefully and closely before the laundry room meltdown. I'm not saying that Jill has had a breakdown, but she may see her buddies as her first family and parent her younger ones (biological children) with a more hands off approach. If they lived in Arkansas, I can see her trying to constantly have auntie mom's around.

2 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

B. re: Jim Bob's short conversation with Joy before walking down the aisle. She shut him down. He started and she said very firmly that he needed to stop or she was going to cry and he listened. Later she told him he was the best daddy ever or similar. I don't think there's any issues there between them. 

It will be interesting to see how Jim Bob is when Johanna, Jenny, and Jordyn get married, if he has the same sweet moments with these younger girls. They were completely raised by their sister moms. Jordan's birthday greeting, when she didn't seem to connect with her biological parents also made me think of this.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Joe and Kendra might just kiss before the ring is on that finger...I'm predicting a short engagement, and maybe an August wedding.

My guess is they already have.  She went in for one when he proposed and then someone else had to say "no kissing."  Thats not a normal thing unless you're used to doing it.

15 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I think I've finally figured out Jill as a mother. I know many of us saw her caring for her buddy group and expected her to parent that way. Instead, she's parenting like her mom (Michelle). I think Michelle parented her oldest children carefully and closely before the laundry room meltdown. I'm not saying that Jill has had a breakdown, but she may see her buddies as her first family and parent her younger ones (biological children) with a more hands off approach. If they lived in Arkansas, I can see her trying to constantly have auntie mom's around.

But would Jill even REMEMBER Michelle before the meltdown?  She must have been very, very young.  I don't think she would remember much of her mother's parenting before then, certainly not enough to be very formative.

Honestly, as an elder female child in the family who was tasked with a lot of the child-watching duties, I think she's just sick of raising kids but doesn't have the self-reflection and critical thinking skills to identify that in herself.  It's VERY common for children who are given a good deal of child-watching responsibility to choose to have kids later in life to give themselves a break.  In normal life, parents get a break from raising kids before transitioning into the less-attached and less-work intensive stage of grandparenting.  

Kids are exhausting.  I think Jill is exhausted.  I think she KNEW she was tired of her life, and she interpreted that as being ready for marriage and kids of her own because that's what she was taught.  I think she thought being married and having her own kids would be somehow different...but it isn't.  She needed and needs a change of pace, but due to her limited options, she chose to fling herself out of the frying pan and into the fire.  

So instead, she is doing what Michelle did when SHE got exhausted of raising kids: pawning them off onto others.  Were she more of a critical thinker and had she married a better man, they might be talking about taking a break from kids for Jill's mental health.  But they won't.  Jill will be the Duggar who has Laundry Room Meltdown #2, but unlike Michelle's, they wont be able to sweep this under the rug and talk about it later like a lesson unless Jill is able to hold out until the Duggars are WELL out of the spotlight.  Otherwise, it'll be a shitshow of bad press. 

15 hours ago, veron1que said:

I'll be here for this season if JD is here to serve up the sass. 

I loved it. Didn't quite figure he would pull a David Waller and become a choir director though. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived