IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Jinger's reaction (not just her words) during the pregnancy interrogation by her sisters leads me to believe that they've:

1. not been abstaining (which I'd never even heard of until reading this forum - whattt?????)

2. not been preventing pregnancy via mechanical or hormonal processes

3. been surprised that they're not expecting a baby

Y'all. My heart hurts for her if she truly wants a baby and isn't pregnant. 

Having seen that clip on the blog, I have to disagree. She just came across as humiliated to me, 'cause they're basically asking about her sexlife. I still think she's adjusting to Laredo and going downstairs to the laundry place by herself is still scary. I think a baby at this point is terrifying. Unlike Joy who is, for whatever reason (fitting in?) ready to be a mom. At least in her mind. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@calimojo,  I was the one (or one of the ones) that posted the Andre Walker typing system they use on NaturallyCurly.com.   While I'm a 3A (I think) and eschew combs and brushes, not all curly girls do, especially the Type 4 girls.  (These women/men would have ZigZag and Fractal curls in the Deva system.)  I was reminded of this today when I watched a few videos that had been posted on the NaturallyCurly site.  There were Twist-outs, Braid-outs, Finger Coils and Bantu Knots and these women used brushes, combs and Tangle Teasers to help style their hair.  I could probably do Bantu knots because they're itty bitty buns all over your head and I used to be great at buns, but I'm not going to culturally appropriate Bantu knots.  Doing Twist-Outs, Braid-Outs and Bantu Knots give women with Type 4 hair a little more choice in the hair styles.

When I was 16 and didn't know anything about cultural appropriation, I would sport Bantu knots in public. I was a Bjork fan, and it felt like a great way to get my long curly hair out of the way on hot humid days. At this stage the only time the Bantu knots happen is when I'm hanging out at home with damp hair, trying to create a curly look for later (my 3A hair, can look like 3B with the right twisting technique). If I have to run to the corner store, I throw a toque or a bandana over it (depending on the season).

I'm actually looking forward to this week's new episode to be online. I'm hearing Jinger's reaction to the pregnancy interrogation is worth watching.

1:  My junior high best friend's mom (superfundie) prayed a lot, even the open/close. 

2. Raised Methodist, and only the menfolk prayed -- generally my dad's older brother at family gatherings. 

5 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I still think she's adjusting to Laredo and going downstairs to the laundry place by herself is still scary. I think a baby at this point is terrifying. Unlike Joy who is, for whatever reason (fitting in?) ready to be a mom. At least in her mind. 

Add to this that Joy and Austin will be living closer to family (at least in state). Joy has seen Jessa and Anna as parents, seemingly receiving quite a bit of help from the family, and figures that she'll be able to go home as hang out or borrow an auntie mom (Jenny comes to mind, since she's in Joy's buddy group) when she needs help or a break. I still think having Jill as a sister mom, the biggest Kool-aid guzzler, also makes Joy want to have lots of kids. Jinger would have much less help, as Jill has had in Central America, and wouldn't be able to easily pass the baby off for an afternoon.

On hair type: I'm glad to finally see the code, because I'll be reading somewhere and see someone say, oh, I'm a 3A, with no explanation or even, it seems, context, for what they mean. I tend to loathe jargon, because people use it without considering whether other people have any idea what they're saying, but here you are talking about an ongoing web discussion, and that's certainly fair.

None of them are me, though. This is like the back of my hair if I'm inattentive, which is most of the time. And this is how it is all over, naturally. The front turned straight in 1987 when I was pregnant for the first time, and has never gone back. I wash it about once a week and wear it up most of the time, but I get tired of that. Some of the styles people recommend don't work too well because I have a widow's peak, and also they say, "just curl the front." It does. not. retain curl. for more than a half hour or something. And if I took the time to straighten it all over, there's just this gigundous amount of hair, old women saying, "ew, cut that, you middle-aged disturber," and etc. Having it layered accentuates the issue, but I do have it done once in awhile.

I said it on the Counting On thread, but I'll say it here again:

If Jinger ever participated in questioning Anna or her married sisters about them being pregnant after being married for two seconds, then she can just suck it up. Fair is fair. 

If she didn't, then she should toss on something cute (preferably skinny jeans with a sleeveless top and non-Duggar approved neckline) and go have a fantastic night out with her gainfully employed husband. And then text photos to her sisters in that passive aggressive, "wish y'all could have this much fun, so sorry you can't because babies and loser husbands," way. :pb_lol:

Also, I think everyone should remember this show is heavily edited and pretty scripted. It's entirely plausible that Producers suggest things to talk about in order to advance certain storylines. I find it completely possible that they were asked to question Jinger and that Jessa may have been prompted to defend her a bit - it plays on many viewer's opinions that asking is wrong, while highlighting the fact that Jessa and Jinger are good friends. It makes them - at least Jessa and Jinger - appear more normal.

I have no doubts that Jill would have been questioned on camera had she not gotten pregnant so quickly. And if the original show wasn't cancelled before Jessa would have announced her first pregnancy on it, then she likely would have been questioned at some point too.

So I'm super late and probably semi-off topic as usual, but I was just creeping Jeremy's insta and found out a pastor from the church I used to attend in my teen years paid them a visit. If I'm thinking of the right guy, he was in charge of the Spanish Ministries. Very weird thing to happen upon.

On the upside, while they're very conservative Christian, they're not fundie and attract a lot of different kinds of Christians, from the super modest family with 7 kids to the tattooed divorcee. I hated the church and think they revere the main pastor too much, but compared to Gothard he's a moderate. So if Jeremy hangs out with folks from there, that could possibly be a not terrible sign. Or it could be a photo op and semi-famous religious people rubbing elbows, what do I know?

9 hours ago, infooverload said:

I'm reading all this thinking I just wish my hair would stick around. About a year ago I was diagnosed with androgenic alopecia and my hair keeps falling out. The prescribed treatment is Rogaine and it isn't helping.

Aw man I had very thin hair as well. It sucks! I began having thyroid issues in my mid-twenties, and my hair got soooooo thin, especially on top. It's obvious and rather embarrasing. I use rogaine as well and it seems to keep me from losing more, but it never filled in that i lost. Weirdly, it used to be naturally strait and thick, now it is very fine and curly. 

10 hours ago, infooverload said:

I'm reading all this thinking I just wish my hair would stick around. About a year ago I was diagnosed with androgenic alopecia and my hair keeps falling out. The prescribed treatment is Rogaine and it isn't helping.

I was diagnosed with this a few months ago as well.  Luckily my hair used to be really thick, so it's not noticeable except at my temples, where it's receding.  I've been prescribed a tablet which I think is the oral version of rogaine.  I've definitely noticed less hair falling out especially when I wash it recently.  If it's not working for you perhaps it might be worth going back to the dermatologist?  I was really upset at first, but I gained perspective after reading @sawasdee's post in the hair loss thread (in AYTFJ) from last year.

Just needed to vent my frustration. This is part of the transcript of  this sermon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTmGEbJpk0s&t=1445s.  I've made slight changes in the transcript were the auto generator messed up, and punctuation to clarify the text. I'm a lesbian. Apparently, I'm a beast with uncontrollable urges. It's apparently also allowed to speak to women about possible abortions they've had, never mind their possible emotional trauma--or simple unwillingness to discuss the topic.  Just in case anyone was wondering where the Vuolo's/Duggars stand on these issues. There's also some Bernie Saunders bashing earlier on, when Saunders asked a public figure if he really thought everyone who wasn't a christian was condemned to hell.

46:40 ...] It is objectively

46:40 absolutely unloving to watch your friend

46:43 walk toward a cliff which, he doesn't see

46:46 and not warn him. To kindly tell a woman

46:51 that to kill her unborn child is murder,

46:54 is love.

46:57 To tell people graciously that marriage

47:00 is only between a man and a woman is

47:03 love. To winsomely tell people that

47:06 their sexuality is not defined by the

47:09 urges they feel no matter how strong, but

47:12 is defined by the one who designed it, is

47:16 love.

Oh fuck that noise! There is nothing kind, loving, gracious, or winsome about it. It's hate...plain and simple!

My hair is straight. Totally straight. So straight it is nearly impossible to curl. My friend burnt a piece trying to curl and tease it into 80s standards once in high school. 

Idiot SiL's hair is probably 3A curly, possibly 3b. And because she is an idiot and a narcissist who is incapable of understanding that everyone in the world is not exactly like her, she has been mad at me for somewhere around 12 years because I will not share my magical hair straightening secrets with her. She regularly brings this up. I am mean for not telling her what kind of products I use or where I got such an amazing flat iron and what kind it is. No matter how many times I tell her my hair is just this straight naturally. 

What struck me last night was Jill likes to one up everyone whether it's jessa and her discussing when they felt the baby kicking, asking Jinger if she was pregnant and being over all obnoxious.  These people are trained at birth to be best friends yet the conversation between Jinger and Jessa over skype when they were alone was painful to watch. There is nothing of substance.  It's a reality show i get it but then it was so blah. Clearly Jinger has moved on and the girls mostly Jessa can't let her go - I get that they  are sisters but it was almost like the kitchen scene between Jill and Jessa in the first season  

11 hours ago, aurora_boo said:

I have/had poker straight brown hair. Unfortunately - all my greys are coming in curly and thicker/stronger than my usual hairs. If it's sticking out, it's white. At least my greys are mostly pure white though. I'm having a hard time deciding when I should stop dyeing and let the white take its course. I have visions of beautiful long white hair - but I'm afraid of a wirey grey curly birds' nest...

I'm at that point to, but I have wavy/curly DARK brown hair, and last week I said fuck it, told my hairdresser to have at it with the bleach and the foil, and now I'm rocking some dark ash blond hair, that was cut into a very nice lob and I'm loving it.  I'm 46 and not ready to give in to the gray yet, though they have come on like a plague of locusts. around my temples and my forehead. 

As for hairy moles? Can I say as a middle aged women, I've never been so happy to be freakishly hair free in all my life. By freakishly hair free, I mean I have very sparse thin fine peach fuzz  on my arms and thighs, you have to look really to see the hair there, so no shaving above the knee for me.  And I have patches of hair on the front of my calves but nothing on the back. I can shave my legs once a week in the summer even less in the winter.  I don't have weird facial hairs to pluck  or hair growing out of moles, and I'm very very happy about that.  Now the top of my head, that is another story, I can look like Meredia from Brave but with dark brown hair at times long thick curtly and EVERYWHERE. 

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

She just came across as humiliated to me, 'cause they're basically asking about her sexlife.

I got zero humility vibes from this. She has been involved in numerous "are you pregnant?" conversations from the other side and had to know this question was coming.

Having experienced infertility (secondary, unexplained), I cringe whenever anyone asks someone if they're pregnant, or if they're going to have "another" baby. Her reaction isn't humiliation. It's avoidance - because if you can't get pregnant or aren't after you expected to be, those questions hurt.

25 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Oh fuck that noise! There is nothing kind, loving, gracious, or winsome about it. It's hate...plain and simple!

Thank you, it's always hard to listen to hat kind of talk! Jeremy is clearly trying to emulate Billy Sunday and black pastors. He's really playing the 'on fire for the Lord' card. it's very fascinating to me so I watch a lot of his sermons to 'enjoy the show' but sometimes the hateful words et to me. But I do do it to myself!

@backyard sylph,  it is possible to be a mixture of various hair types.  I would have thought that I was a 3B until a few months ago when I had a haircut that seemingly left some of my hair in more of a 2B or even 2A pattern.  If I have to decide my type, I'm a 3A because my curls are pretty big like sidewalk chalk despite some less than curly strands.  I might have been more likely to call myself a Type 2 but 2s are Wavy and I've never been considered wavy in my life (I heard "Are they natural?" all during my childhood)  and I definitely have some coils in my hair.  There is a reason I went as Shirley Temple to the Fantasy Party in '74.  

Lorraine Massey, formerly of Deva, categorized curls into Corkicelli, Botticelli, Corkscrew, Cherub, Wavy, SWavy, ZIgZag and Fractal and how much your hair springs back when stretched out counts into your type.  My hair has minimal spring so I'd either be a Cherub or Botticelli in Lorraine's system.  One of my friends used to call me and my boyfriend back at UGA Botticelli angels or would tell us we had pre-Raphaelite hair.  She was an art major.  

21 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's avoidance - because if you can't get pregnant or aren't after you expected to be, those questions hurt.

The look on her face actually made me think she looked hurt and she looked like she was getting emotional at the question.

"You're going to suffer in eternity for being a hideous murder-deviant," I tell everyone winsomely & graciously.

2 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

"You're going to suffer in eternity for being a hideous murder-deviant," I tell everyone winsomely & graciously.

You made me laugh out loud! That's basically what it comes down to, yeah!

Louisa05,my hair is straight,like yours.It will not hold  a curl.It is thicker than it looks.And I have had people with naturally curly hair admire my hair and tell me how they wished they had straight hair.My cousin has naturally curly hair...she hates it.I am 5 years older than she is,and when I was old enough,I'd spend a week with them in the summer.This cousin LOVED my hair.She would brush it,braid it etc.etc.Then as we got older,tell me how to style it.She could be utterly annoying.One time,we were at our grandmother's house.This cousin told me she didn't approve of my clothes,that nobody wore them in Columbus.I responded that I didn't live in Columbus.She proceeded to step on my foot,and said"Oma,says this is how you hurt someone".I told my grandmother,and my other cousin told their mother.My aunt said I should have slapped her,and of course,said something to my cousin.

43 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I got zero humility vibes from this. She has been involved in numerous "are you pregnant?" conversations from the other side and had to know this question was coming.

Having experienced infertility (secondary, unexplained), I cringe whenever anyone asks someone if they're pregnant, or if they're going to have "another" baby. Her reaction isn't humiliation. It's avoidance - because if you can't get pregnant or aren't after you expected to be, those questions hurt.

I got more of a oh shit, I knew this would happen vibe from her.  I'm starting to believe that JinJer have no intention of having children any time soon, but won't tell the siblings that.  I'm also getting the vibe that Jinger isn't as close to Jess as Jess is to Jinger. Jinjer seems to be flourishing on her own away from the insanity of the TTH where Josh & Jill seemed to have fallen flat away from Boob's umbrella, Jing is blossoming. I think Jessa and Ben would too if they would get the balls to move away.

1 hour ago, melon said:

Louisa05,my hair is straight,like yours.It will not hold  a curl.It is thicker than it looks.And I have had people with naturally curly hair admire my hair and tell me how they wished they had straight hair.

I like my straight hair now. It is much easier than what the curly people deal with. But having hair that won't tease or hold a curl was horrible as a teen in the 80s! I envy high school girls now who can wind straight hair into a messy bun with a pony tail holder and be cool. The cool girls in the 80s had curls teased to high heaven stiffened with AquaNet. My hair just wouldn't do any of that regardless of the amount of AquaNet. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I got more of a oh shit, I knew this would happen vibe from her.  I'm starting to believe that JinJer have no intention of having children any time soon, but won't tell the siblings that.  I'm also getting the vibe that Jinger isn't as close to Jess as Jess is to Jinger. Jinjer seems to be flourishing on her own away from the insanity of the TTH where Josh & Jill seemed to have fallen flat away from Boob's umbrella, Jing is blossoming. I think Jessa and Ben would too if they would get the balls to move away.

Agreed, I think Jessa is more attached to Jinger than Jinger is to her. Jinger is beginning to see life away from her family and while it's still very very very mild, she has been given more choices than she ever has before in her life. I would love to see Ben and Jessa move away, because I do think that out of all the couples, they stand a good chance of normalizing themselves. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived