IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

Last night I was talking to OneKid about high school dances. She is in 10th grade and is looking ahead to her senior prom.

I told her I went with a group of friends named Kirk, Laura, Margret and Neal. She told me those were ‘old people names’. 
Well duh it was in the early 80s ? 

• Haha 9

• 1 month later...

Postpartum hormones are making Famy all kinds of sharey.  That is a strange way to throw that out there.  How much was Amy's dad in the picture when she was growing up? I was under the impression he wasn't around much at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Postpartum hormones are making Famy all kinds of sharey.  That is a strange way to throw that out there.  How much was Amy's dad in the picture when she was growing up? I was under the impression he wasn't around much at all. 

Her mum and dad were on and off and she has said her dad didn't treat her and her mum right at times. I think that is why she had such a close bond with her grandmother and also why she liked to spend a lot of time with her cousins and also why she waited until her Dillon were in a good place in their marriage before getting pregnant. She was honest about them having issues in the beginning. 

• Upvote 12

13 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She brought this up on the marriage boot camp show. It was her central issue. I really felt for her and for Dillon because he didn’t handle it well at all. 

• Upvote 2

I like how honest Amy was in one of her recent insta posts about how every day her mom comes over i. The morning makes her breakfast and watches Dax so Amy can sleep. she doesn't pretend that she is super mom ca. Do it all with no help.

• Upvote 15

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Amy answered some questions from Katie of WOACB - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFCDNgih7-8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3EtmXgcC_-GfdHlcoL1ydmOHt2VMJ_3NAH-nW4SuFy0J3YDIKhEXUs6h4

I'm listening now.  Amy fully supports Jill and Derick.  

Not an Amy fan, but she probably understands what Jill is going through more than anyone else...her aunt and uncle have always treated her like she wasn't 'good enough'.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Amy answered some questions from Katie of WOACB - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFCDNgih7-8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3EtmXgcC_-GfdHlcoL1ydmOHt2VMJ_3NAH-nW4SuFy0J3YDIKhEXUs6h4

I'm listening now.  Amy fully supports Jill and Derick.  

Anyone volunteering to take one for the team and recap please? I’m loathe to give them clicks. 

• Upvote 1

Amy simply says she is there for any of her Duggar cousins. She is vague on some things, but she does say she supports Derick and Jill; even makes sure Jill is compensated for helping her with advertising. She also says that as far as what TLC portrays about her, she doesn't blame people for what's been said about her. And she has cut all ties with TLC but not if she had to put up a fight in the process. She also admits that Dillon does enjoy alcoholic beverages and cigars, and says a couple of funny things that I get a kick out of. "I didn't marry a little vanilla cupcake". When asked about IBLP she said " my mom let me spread my wings, and we were not involved in that whatsoever". To Katie saying she is an atheist, she said "you do you".

Katie has other little bits in further videos of other conversations she has with Amy. Feel free to check out her channel.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9

• 2 months later...

So, Amy did an interview yesterday with a Youtuber that follows the Duggars and talks about them critically (the Browns too, some other people as well), and the video had to be taken down because somebody from the Duggar clan threatened to sue (seems it was Jim Bob). The creator explains in this video some of the things went down. I follow that channel and I can't believe I missed the video. Did anyone catch it? She also talked to Derrick and will publish a video retelling what they talked about because they didn't do a video, he just answered her questions. I am very curious to see that as well.

Today's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-nL5I4hZichere

Edited by Tenyari
  • Upvote 1

Not surprised at the ^ YouTube. I think most of us would agree that the Duggars, and most probably JB, likely have many dark skeletons in their closets. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Tenyari said:

So, Amy did an interview yesterday with a Youtuber that follows the Duggars and talks about them critically (the Browns too, some other people as well), and the video had to be taken down because somebody from the Duggar clan threatened to sue (seems it was Jim Bob). The creator explains in this video some of the things went down. I follow that channel and I can't believe I missed the video. Did anyone catch it? She also talked to Derrick and will publish a video retelling what they talked about because they didn't do a video, he just answered her questions. I am very curious to see that as well.

Today's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-nL5I4hZichere

Can you recap the video? I can’t handle Katie’s voice. 

• I Agree 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can you recap the video? I can’t handle Katie’s voice. 

I have nothing against her, but her voice throws me off sometimes too. It's the smacking and how she loses her train of thoughts at times and makes so many mistakes that get me to click the X button even when I want to listen to what she's saying. She's doing many live streams, so that's probably why it can be confusing to me, she keeps answering questions and I keep expecting her to say something concise. I did finish this one, though! 

Basically nothing of real substance was shared, and Katie was going through Amy's social media posts and subtle hints she gave over the years, like when she hinted she had to delete all of the pictures and blog posts she had with and about her cousins in 2015 due to legal threats and has not been able to talk about them ever since for the same reason, how she was ghosted from the show when it rebranded likely due to her blog post in which she basically slammed Josh without ever naming him, how if she wants to spend quality time with her family she is the one that has to go and visit them, her support towards the LGBTQ+ community, how she didn't know about what Josh did and how much it shocked her to find out the truth about him, how she's still close to Jill, so on.

She didn't say much about the interview itself, probably because Amy was once again threatened with legal action so Katie took the video down and couldn't speak about things being said tomorrow. I saw in the comments that some people did catch the interview and they said Amy was great in it and very poised and mature, she didn't really talk much about her extended family because she knows she isn't allowed to do so (maybe a gag order? not just Jim Bob, but maybe it's TLC doing damage control?), so I'm very confused as to why she was told to have the video removed. It's like they don't want her to speak publicly AT ALL. The interview was basically only about her and her own life, she only mentioned her cousins in passing. I think that's why Katie went out of her way to talk about every single hint Amy gave over the years - she was frustrated with the situation and wanted to do justice by Amy and her efforts to call out her family when they are in the wrong.

Amy often felt like the kids in the Christian camps and events were like robots and she tried holding herself to those same standards, but she realized that those people who always tried to appear perfect and hold others to impossibly high standards, are extremely hypocritical and imperfect themselves, and don't follow their own teachings which they rabidly try to push onto others (another hint at Jim Bob?).

Basically, this whole thing made me like Amy a little bit more than before. I've never disliked her, but I can genuinely, without a doubt say that she's not a bad person, and although I don't consider myself religious anymore, her brand of Christianity is the one I support - telling people not to judge others because Jesus wouldn't judge them, to accept others because Jesus would love and accept them regardless of who they like (THIS MEANS LGBTQ+ PEOPLE, Joshley Madison, not you!!)  - she seems to have grown a lot in the past few years. Yeah, she likes the limelight, but she also uses her influence to preach good stuff, which is the only kind of preaching I accept and condone.

tl;dr Nothing major was said, but somebody still forced Amy and Katie to take that video down. Derrick is next to talk to Katie.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

I think the most interesting part were the comments from people who had listened to the video before it was pulled. Every single comment indicated that Amy’s words were 100% kind and more a reflection of a true Christian than anything that a JB and M. have ever said. She was kind and gentle in her message. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Spoiler

0E84FBC2-DD7A-4AFA-83D4-CD4E204E6EFB.thumb.png.ef441111968e43239e335834b043bd02.png

Amy shared the above on her Instagram (I checked and it’s not private atm so guessing it’s ok to share the screenshot).

I’m assuming this is different to the video that was pulled? Anyway I checked the link and the video is still up at the moment, I was going to watch it but it’s an hour long and even with the current COVID19 isolation I don’t have the patience for that.

17 hours ago, Alysabeth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

0E84FBC2-DD7A-4AFA-83D4-CD4E204E6EFB.thumb.png.ef441111968e43239e335834b043bd02.png

Amy shared the above on her Instagram (I checked and it’s not private atm so guessing it’s ok to share the screenshot).

I’m assuming this is different to the video that was pulled? Anyway I checked the link and the video is still up at the moment, I was going to watch it but it’s an hour long and even with the current COVID19 isolation I don’t have the patience for that.

No, the video with Amy that's still up was from a live feed on Friday night. The video that came down was from Thursday.

• Thank You 2

I listened to the Friday video.  Amy and Katie have really hit it off, and enjoyed their Friday night girls' night.  They talked about being moms, and mom shaming, and obnoxious online comments.  Amy seems really irritated that people always think it's strange that she's a normal person, despite being related to the Duggars.  After one indirect reference to the Duggars, one of them said "who must not be named" - it's clear that Amy isn't allowed to say anything about them.  Katie did a mean imitation of Michelle cooing about being joyfully available, and Amy laughed but didn't comment.  Amy said she and Dillon got into the habit of giving each other a hard time (probably not how she put it) when they were just friends, and Marriage Boot Camp helped them break that habit.  They promoted Amy's boutique a lot.  Dillon's new restaurant is getting by with food deliveries. They're thinking about buying a lake house.  No real revelations, which isn't surprising under the circumstances.

It's time for Amy to get her first new page since October, which will be page 25.  What's the new thread name going to be?  "Social Isolating from the Duggars"?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I’ve said this about the other kids but it’s just as relevant to Amy. Why does she think she is ‘famous’? Because of the Duggars. I agree she has made more of an effort to earn a living than any of the offspring but her platform and following stem from being associated with the Duggars. 

She could revert to privacy any time she wanted but then she wouldn’t get all the publicity for her businesses. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Katie did a mean imitation of Michelle cooing about being joyfully available, and Amy laughed but didn't comment.

How old is Katie? She keeps doing that imitation in her streams too and laughing at herself. Maybe it was funny the first time. Maybe. But surely it wasn't appropriate for this video with Amy. Katie's so immature. I've been casually watching her for a while and the more I see from her, the less I like her.

• I Agree 1

I haven’t watched them as I don’t want to give any more hits. 
I bet Pickles is seething at this- didn’t she try to reach out to Derick for an interview? 

• Upvote 1

It’s disturbing how much power JB has even over the non fundie women in his extended family. 

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s disturbing how much power JB has even over the non fundie women in his extended family. 

Yes. I used to think JB made an exception for his niece because he genuinely cared for her. But it's always about power with him :(

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, nellautumngirl said:

Yes. I used to think JB made an exception for his niece because he genuinely cared for her. But it's always about power with him :(

She has always talked about respecting their beliefs. But has he ever respected hers? 

• Upvote 11

Exactly! Good for Amy for seeing that now. I don't even blame her for not seeing it earlier, you don't expect your own family to lie to you and try to control you.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic