IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

39 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Can we get a shout out for the photo bombing server who seems over it?

I have a feeling that's how most businesses and restaurants feel when Duggars show up. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

My guess is that it was a “sprinkle” because Amy had already had a shower, probably with her heathen pants-wearing friends.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My guess is that it was a “sprinkle” because Amy had already had a shower, probably with her heathen pants-wearing friends.

That is exactly what I thought. Duggar girls would not be allowed to go to that...

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I have a feeling that's how most businesses and restaurants feel when Duggars show up. 

Well when you travel in herds like the Duggars do and probably tip using Bible tracts instead of money...

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, indianabones said:
I hope all of it wasn't too hard on Joy.

One thing I’ve been impressed with is the understanding and support the family has shown towards Joy. I do think that while they are toxic and terrible, I’m confident they were sensitive towards Joy on this hard day. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, viii said:

One thing I’ve been impressed with is the understanding and support the family has shown towards Joy. I do think that while they are toxic and terrible, I’m confident they were sensitive towards Joy on this hard day. 

Hopefully. And I also very much hope she was given the option to decline the invitation if she wasn't feeling up to it, without judgement or guilt from any family members should she choose to stay home.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

Hopefully. And I also very much hope she was given the option to decline the invitation if she wasn't feeling up to it, without judgement or guilt from any family members should she choose to stay home.

I hope so. It was more the photo of all the pregnant women together that took me aback. Two months ago Joy would have been in the lineup, and now she's very clearly not. That's the part that came off as insensitive to me.

Even though I'm sure they asked her if she was okay with the photo, it's not like she would say no. She was raised to believe that others' needs always come before your own, after all.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

• 1 month later...

To probably no one's surprise, Amy had yet ANOTHER maternity photo shoot.  This is getting ridiculous.  Scratch that, this was ridiculous about 5 photo shoots ago.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

47 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

To probably no one's surprise, Amy had yet ANOTHER maternity photo shoot.  This is getting ridiculous.  Scratch that, this was ridiculous about 5 photo shoots ago.  

I get doing a maternity photo shoot, I wish those had been a thing when I had my kids, I have like 5 photos of me pregnant between both pregnancies. 

5 maternity shoots? My friend who had 12 YEARS of infertility before she finally got pregnant only did 1 professional photo shoot with each of her 2 pregnancies, and her sister in law is a photographer and did them for free for her. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Speaking of Amy's maternity shoots, in the "milk bath" picture posted on September 15th, that does not look like milk. The translucency is a little... seminal.

I'm not super familiar with Amy. Did she and her husband struggle with infertility? If so, I can understand the myriad photoshoots but otherwise it seems just a tad excessive. The latest one looks the best. Mostly because she's not wearing a nude lipstick.

Oh good, you all think the excessive amount of pregnancy shoots is weird too! I almost doubted myself ?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

She probably gets them offered for free by photographers because she has a large following.

And she is still a Duggar, you don't turn down something free.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 9/30/2019 at 2:35 PM, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Speaking of Amy's maternity shoots, in the "milk bath" picture posted on September 15th, that does not look like milk. The translucency is a little... seminal.

Speaking as a photographer, I'm personally not into the milk bath photos because they are SOOOO overdone in the photography circles/networks. That being said they are usually a bit more translucent and not super "white" like straight milk because it's mostly water with just enough milk to make it look white/murky.

I definitely think Amy is extra enough to do all these sessions on her own but if I had to wager a guess I'd lean more towards her being a "model" for the photographer. I bet she threw out some ideas to the photographer and in return the photographer said "let's do them all". I'd be willing to bet that's how she does a good chunk of her "sessions". Those photographers aren't stupid and they know she has a pretty big following of leg-humpers and that brings them a lot of publicity.

It's not uncommon at all. I'm likely going to be shooting the wedding of a D-list celebrity next year and you better believe I'll be providing them with additional coverage outside of whatever the package they book because I know the extra effort I put in will only be better for me in the long run. Their engagement was on the major online outlets and I know their wedding will too - as well as being attended by other d-list celebrities. ?I'd love to say I don't really care and it's not a big deal I'm a smart enough business person to know even a little bit of that kind of publicity is good. ?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

It's officially time to keep watching Amy's instagram and sing the Jeopardy song.......We already know the gender and the name, so all that's left to guess is, what day, what time, will she go to the hospital or birth at home, will she deliver natural or need a C-section? And who will run 3130 while she gives birth?

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, Cheetah said:

The only thing that would surprise me more is if JD turns out to be a pilot!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

50 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

It's officially time to keep watching Amy's instagram and sing the Jeopardy song.......We already know the gender and the name, so all that's left to guess is, what day, what time, will she go to the hospital or birth at home, will she deliver natural or need a C-section? And who will run 3130 while she gives birth?

Also, how many more pregnancy photo shoots on Instagram before they turn into mother and newborn photo shoots? 

• Upvote 2

On 10/2/2019 at 5:24 PM, LillyP said:

Speaking as a photographer, I'm personally not into the milk bath photos because they are SOOOO overdone in the photography circles/networks. That being said they are usually a bit more translucent and not super "white" like straight milk because it's mostly water with just enough milk to make it look white/murky.

I didn't even know this was a thing! Evidently I am not hip and cool, hehehe!

I googled it and feel yucky just looking at the pictures online, let alone getting in that water! 

I guess my OCD + dislike of baths in general (I am 100% a shower person!) show. Still, thanks for enlightening me that this actually exists :)

• Upvote 3

Is this the longest pregnancy known to man? I feel like it's been going on for a century. No wonder she has had so many "pregnancy" photoshoots, she must have had at least a dozen birthdays pass since she announced <_<

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

3130 is closed today. Let baby watch commence. (Or if this is anything like the rest of her pregnancy, let it continue for what feels like another 3 years.)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

50 minutes ago, bluesargent said:

3130 is closed today. Let baby watch commence. (Or if this is anything like the rest of her pregnancy, let it continue for what feels like another 3 years.)

Has she no other employees?

• I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Has she no other employees?

Wasn’t she on bed rest for a little while? There must be someone helping her. Having said that she’s full term and could have the baby at any time.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Wasn’t she on bed rest for a little while? There must be someone helping her. Having said that she’s full term and could have the baby at any time.

she said she had two new people training and her manger was out having heart surgery . Dillion was helping out yesterday. anyhow. Daxton will be here any time as Amy goes in for a c-section per doctors orders. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic