IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

This could seems harsh but really i really I found jill's photo with baby Dax so bad. She look like a 40 yo I almost didn't recognize her. I don't know what it is if the lights the make up or else but she look so aged, is a shame cause just the other day she looks beautiful in the picture with the sweater. ?‍♀️

• Downvote 2
  • Confused 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Those balloons are so over the top. I wonder what the hospital staff thinks of them. I also wonder what they will do with them when they get discharged. When I had my son my godmother had flowers delivered to my room which was very sweet, but that meant while we were trying to get home with our brand new baby I had to worry about a water filled vase and flowers plus a 30 min drive home.

My sister lived with us when she had my oldest nephew and people bought her a few big balloons and after she came home the balloons seemed to take up a lot of space in our living room so, her boyfriend popped them a week after she came home. She told people not to buy any balloons with her second pregnancy, only my nephew bought a little brother balloon, when he went to meet him in the hospital. 

• Upvote 4

I think the balloons are what you might refer to as a balloon “swag” they seem to be at every function in Arkansas at the moment. It would drive me crazy to have that over my bed. Hopefully it was just for a photo op 

7B61CEF0-F6DC-4CCB-8DBB-7A93A3AA80F1.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

A typical recovery room in a typical hospital is just not something you can make look fancy, no matter how many balloon arches you put up. I wouldn't have expected anything less extra from Amy, though. But how did Dillon escape being dressed all matchy-matchy with the rest of them?

I too am curious about the origin of the balloon arch. It looks like one of those DIY balloon arch kits you can buy at party stores or etsy. My vote is that probably either Amy's mom or SIL put it together and brought it to the hospital, but then how ridiculous did they look carrying it through the halls? How many staff in that hospital are now like, did you get a load of that balloon arch lady?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I understand her statement about people mom-shaming her for having a C Section. I had a schedule c-section with my second for placenta previa and I still had a couple people make snarky comments. One girl actually said to me that it must be nice to get to take the "easy" way out this time <_<. No Karen.... I just would prefer not to bleed to death.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

I understand her statement about people mom-shaming her for having a C Section. I had a schedule c-section with my second for placenta previa and I still had a couple people make snarky comments. One girl actually said to me that it must be nice to get to take the "easy" way out this time <_<. No Karen.... I just would prefer not to bleed to death.

Yep and people say that it’s the easy way out have never had to recover from one... I remember trying to scratch the back of my throat rather than cough. It hurt so bad to cough. In my delirium post emergency c section, I actually thought that would work. Oh and the 48 hours of body itches while the spinal left my system was so much fun too. Yep major surgery so easy.  (Sarcasm). I must admit I was pretty good after a week. But then again so can some vaginal deliveries too. Fuck Mommy shammers. Edit, I’m a hypocrite.  I do snark on, people who smoke in the close area of their children. Just walk away a bit or wait. I see it so often  

My Mum died of emphysema and I just hate seeing kids exposed to it. 

I think most people have one thing they just can’t help to mummy shame over. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 10

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

This could seems harsh but really i really I found jill's photo with baby Dax so bad. She look like a 40 yo I almost didn't recognize her. I don't know what it is if the lights the make up or else but she look so aged, is a shame cause just the other day she looks beautiful in the picture with the sweater. ?‍♀️

She just gave birth. I think she looks beautiful and happy. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

She just gave birth. I think she looks beautiful and happy. 

I think the person in the photo being referred to in the comment was Jill, not Amy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think the person in the photo being referred to in the comment was Jill, not Amy.

Oh, my bad, I'm sorry. 

• I Agree 1

Whoaaaaaaa 

When the first person mentioned baloons I pictured a largeish balloon bouquet, 8-10 large to midsized helium baloons in a corner. You know over the top but not pure insanity. 

But I just checked her Instagram and holyhannah what the heck is that thing. How did it get in the room and set up? What was the point of it? Whose idea was it? How does it get out? How do the medical staff feel about that monstrosity taking up space in such a small area? What if God forbid there was an emergency and they needed fast access to work on Amy? What if Daxton had a latex allergy? 

Also...all those baloons and all that plastic ending up in a landfill for a handful of pictures gives me climate anxiety.

Am I the only one who in addition to thinking it's ridiculous and over the top also thinks it's a terrible idea? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Holy crap, that’s a lot of balloons!

The photo of Jill just looks odd, like maybe it was retouched badly.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Added Jill

All of Amy's photos so far are like 50% prop (balloon or blanket) rather than baby and mama being the focus. 

• I Agree 2

@sullie06 I can’t imagine how anyone would think a c-section is the easy way out. I’ve not had one, but surgery is not easy - and especially not when you’re trying to recover with a baby!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

I’m surprised the hospital allowed latex balloons at all. Both the hospital where I delivered last year) and the local children’s hospital banned all latex balloons. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, Sullie06 said:

Is this the longest pregnancy known to man? I feel like it's been going on for a century. No wonder she has had so many "pregnancy" photoshoots, she must have had at least a dozen birthdays pass since she announced <_<

I still think Jill's 1st was longer, because we found out before she flushed and washed her hands AND she was 2 weeks over due, I think Amy announced just after the pee dried and she's a little early or right on time.  

I don't even mind his name, I went to school with a Daxton, and he went by Dax, he was super cute, funny and yes I had a huge crush on him. LOL! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

You know - I am happy for Amy.  I get the feeling that the Jim-Bob Duggar clan have looked down their noses at her from the get go.  

I Love the over the top balloons and the zillion maternity shots.    Amy is doing amazing.  Cute husband. Great relationship with her mom.  She has started a successful clothing store.  You rock Amy!   

Every time I see her be successful I see another FU to her arrogant ass of an uncle, Jim-Bob.  

Go Amy!  Enjoy your beautiful baby! 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

I get the feeling that the Jim-Bob Duggar clan have looked down their noses at her from the get go.  

They totally did. Years ago, there was a talking head of a very young howler boy saying something to the effect of, "we accept Amy even though she wears pants/kisses boys/whatnot" as though it was magnanimous of them to "accept" her even though nothing that she was doing was wrong in any way, shape, or form. Meanwhile, I don't remember Amy ever saying anything negative about the Duggars' beliefs. 

I hope Amy continues to be successful and happy!

Edited by moreorlessnu
  • Upvote 14
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

I am willing to bet the balloons were donated based on how she featured them in a post and tagged the company . The company knew it’d be in People so they had incentive. 

They are over the top for a recovery room but they are still pretty and I’m sure they are getting the publicity they wanted. 

I agree the picture of Jill was very unflattering. I think it’s her hair, like part of it is dyed and turning orange ish and the roots looked very grey. 

Edited by coffeebean7
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

You know - I am happy for Amy.  I get the feeling that the Jim-Bob Duggar clan have looked down their noses at her from the get go.  

Of course they have.  During their last speaking event with the Pecans, Boob (again) mentioned that Deana had Amy out of wedlock.  I mean, Amy is how old and they still haven't let it go?  

This is one of the reasons I detest them so much.  They demanded grace and understanding after the Josh scandals, yet they afford none to others, who by the way have committed much less egregious 'sins'.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

According to Instagram, they're home! Not bad for a recovery in hospital time, right? My mom recalls the days when that was an average hospital stay after a natural birth, which was for all of us. And nowadays there are those like Alyssa Webster who goes in, gives birth, and goes home the same day.(I think, or did she spend one night?)

Well, glad we're all learning not to mommy-shame, or even shame at all. Trying to think if Jesus did any shaming; though His "writing in the sand" in John 8, when the Pharisees brought the woman to Him who was caught in adultery. But He sure didn't shame her.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

According to Instagram, they're home! Not bad for a recovery in hospital time, right? My mom recalls the days when that was an average hospital stay after a natural birth, which was for all of us. And nowadays there are those like Alyssa Webster who goes in, gives birth, and goes home the same day.(I think, or did she spend one night?)

Well, glad we're all learning not to mommy-shame, or even shame at all. Trying to think if Jesus did any shaming; though His "writing in the sand" in John 8, when the Pharisees brought the woman to Him who was caught in adultery. But He sure didn't shame her.

The hospital I gave birth at did 24 hours after birth or 48 after a c section. 
the part that sucked for me was I gave birth at 3:46am on Tuesday morning so the earliest I would have been able to go home was Wednesday morning. Due to elevated billirubin/a bladder issue I had it was Thursday night before we went home and that was with me begging to go home. I got sent home with a catheter and had to go get checked out Monday 

• Sad 4

On 10/12/2019 at 9:04 AM, mango_fandango said:

If you lot think a balloon arch is bad, check out Ruffles and Buttons, which I first came across via the Chelsea Pomeroy thread on here.

https://www.instagram.com/rufflesnbuttons/

Wow.... I kind of feel like the extreme ruffle and doily phase skipped my generation and is now ramping up again after a hiatus or something.  This looks like what people of my Grandma's generation would be doing now if they were still alive and crafting.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

On 10/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Yep and people say that it’s the easy way out have never had to recover from one... I remember trying to scratch the back of my throat rather than cough. It hurt so bad to cough. In my delirium post emergency c section, I actually thought that would work. Oh and the 48 hours of body itches while the spinal left my system was so much fun too. Yep major surgery so easy.  (Sarcasm). I must admit I was pretty good after a week. But then again so can some vaginal deliveries too. Fuck Mommy shammers. Edit, I’m a hypocrite.  I do snark on, people who smoke in the close area of their children. Just walk away a bit or wait. I see it so often  

My Mum died of emphysema and I just hate seeing kids exposed to it. 

I think most people have one thing they just can’t help to mummy shame over. 

I would do these little mini coughs and hold a pillow against me but it didn't really help. Coughing, laughing and sudden movements were the worst. 

I'm sorry about your Mom. I think that's a valid thing to Mom shame over. 

On 10/12/2019 at 4:32 AM, adidas said:

@sullie06 I can’t imagine how anyone would think a c-section is the easy way out. I’ve not had one, but surgery is not easy - and especially not when you’re trying to recover with a baby!

I wondered the same thing. I guess because I didn't have to go through labor and all that the second time. I'm not really sure. I just kind of stared at her when she said that and she changed the subject. Like even if you feel that way, who says that?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic