IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

there's a story on insta showing her being wheeled into surgery 60 minutes ago - so the baby will be here by now!

Props to her for doing a scheduled c-section, the doc said there would be a high probability of an emergency, but it still sounds like they made the decision.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

All I can say is kudos to her for scheduling a c-section and not trying to “power through.” I hope she & the baby recover well. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

All I can say is kudos to her for scheduling a c-section and not trying to “power through.” I hope she & the baby recover well. 

I am waiting to see if she follows her cousins with a big baby or not 

• Upvote 4

"I'm sure there will be negative comments."

Now, that couldn't possibly be because Amy has remora'd herself onto a fanbase of scientifically illiterate religious nutjobs, could it? 

Still, I'm glad she listened to her doctor. 

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Now, that couldn't possibly be because Amy has remora'd herself onto a fanbase of scientifically illiterate religious nutjobs, could it? 

Nah, it doesn't matter how whacko or not you are, there always - always - going to be the mommy shamers.   

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

"I'm sure there will be negative comments."

Still, I'm glad she listened to her doctor. 

there are a lot of women religious and not who are 100%  against elective c-sections so I can see why she would be worried about negative comments. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

there are a lot of women religious and not who are 100%  against elective c-sections so I can see why she would be worried about negative comments. 

Oh yeah, I got all kinds of shit for my elective c/section with my 2nd child.  I told all of them, after 24 hours of labor and 4 hours of pushing, I couldn't deliver my 8lb baby, my DOCTOR, who's been delivering babies for 30 years,  said it would be silly to try and do that with a 9 to 10 pound baby. But if you think you know better, here is my doctors number, go ahead and call him, I'm sure he'd love to hear from you on how he doesn't know what he's talking about.  That pretty much shut everyone up, and pissed off a few of them, and after she was born they snarkily asked how big was she, and when I said over 9lbs, over a pound bigger than her big brother whom I couldn't push out after 4 HOURS of pushing, like I told you. Fucking church gossip mongers, I hated those stupid cows. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 13

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Oh yeah, I got all kinds of shit for my elective c/section with my 2nd child.  

I'm sorry you had to go through this. I am amazed, and not in a good way, about how quick people are to offer unsolicited medical opinions! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Take if from a retired nurse. If anyone ever asked why you are having an elective or repeat c-section, just say the baby is breech. That usually shuts most people up. If people ask if you have been offered an external version, tell them there’s concern about the cord position.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 11

Well at least she isn't being reckless like her cousins and attempting a homebirth. She made the right decision for herself and baby Dax. All everyone wants is a safe delivery.

If I were to have a C-section if and when I one day have children and people criticise me for it they will be cut straight out of my life, family, friends, whoever.  

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 17

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Too lazy to read the article but here he is:

B1FA90A9-1E3D-4655-A19A-D2BEE660D7D6.jpeg

Decorating the hospital room with balloons and a special blanket is just so Amy. Glad they are all healthy and extra as ever. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 2

I now have regrets about my own hospital recovery room ?

in all seriousness, I’m glad they’re both well. If she breastfeeds though, I have a feeling we’ll be seeing some nursing photo shoots. 

Edited by princessmahina
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

Hopefully it was only on the bed for the photoshoot.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

#7-8 ozs, 20 inches. Not 2nd generation Duggaresque at all. Amazing what actual prenatal care does-

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

#7-8 ozs, 20 inches. Not 2nd generation Duggaresque at all. Amazing what actual prenatal care does-

Agree!  She was also probably a lovely patient to take care of in L&D.  Planned C-sections were always lovely to prep and 99 times out of 100 everyone had a blast in the OR compared to emergency sections, of course.  The bubble was probably burst when People magazine arrived and if they were there the whole time then nobody had any fun except for Famy.  Adding that I am happy Mom and baby whatever #boy are all doing well.

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, OutoftheShadows said:

And that spanking new WHITE blanket is going to have blood/poop/breast milk/spit up on it in 3...2...1...

Meh. I have a bunch of white background blankets. DD2 is 19 months old now and most of them are still pretty white. If not, it’s ok. They are well loved. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Eh, glad she's happy, healthy, baby came here safely and is doing fine. 

All that matters is healthy mom, healthy baby. There are no medals or trophies given out to anyone for being tougher, harder, more persisting in childbirth so why care at all? 

I will probably never understand why it is anyone's business how a child is born and why they question other people's decisions (including those of medical professionals). The whole "HOW DID IT COME OUT?!?!?!11" discussion is just a misogynist tool to belittle women, make them feel less-than and shame them for their decisions; and when it comes to moms shaming other moms, the shaming mostly serves to make themselves feel superior over other women. I especially love when people chime in, with nothing more than google expertise whatsoever, spouting how they are just concerned about the babies and "speaking up for those that have no voice in the matter", then claiming how c-secs and bottle feeding is going to ruin lives because #googleresult53828 said so. Make your decisions for your own kids and stop telling other people what to do or how their decisions were wrong. *

*Disclaimer: It goes without saying that there's a difference between judging someone for scheduling a c-sec, and not condoning decisions that could possibly endanger a child's life. In the past, many members of FJ have expressed concern over many fundies' questionable decisions when it comes to prenatal care and the safety of child birth. That's a different basis of argument than "c-sec=evil!!!". However, Amy's right in that there will be negative comments and they come from all kinds of people regardless of background. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 19
  • Love 1

Happy for Amy that she was able to birth on a day when a huge chunk of her extended family was on vacation on the other side of the country and therefore unable to come traipsing through the hospital to visit for photo-ops while she's recovering.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 10/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

she said she had two new people training and her manger was out having heart surgery . Dillion was helping out yesterday. anyhow. Daxton will be here any time as Amy goes in for a c-section per doctors orders. 

I see Amy, unlike some other Duggars we discuss, does not believe she became a parent the second the sperm hit the egg. 

Nice to see she both gets and listens to medical advice and that both her and the baby seem to be doing fine. Take note Duggar ladies!

• Upvote 15

And there's a congratulatory message from DuggarFam. They still follow each other; I guess this is an "on" time? Haven't they had an on-and-off social media presence with each other? I guess we'll see what happens from here, but likely their interactions with each other will be mostly kept private.

And it's probably too soon to wonder if they're "one and done" or plan to have more, but I predict they'd plan to have one more, or two more if it happens to be twins.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

And there's a congratulatory message from DuggarFam. They still follow each other; I guess this is an "on" time? Haven't they had an on-and-off social media presence with each other? I guess we'll see what happens from here, but likely their interactions with each other will be mostly kept private.

And it's probably too soon to wonder if they're "one and done" or plan to have more, but I predict they'd plan to have one more, or two more if it happens to be twins.

I would guess they'll have another kid or two. Has Amy ever commented on her own experience as an only child? If so, I might look toward that for guidance.

Kudos to her on all of her medical decisions, as far as I can tell. She looks thrilled. I'm probably in the minority here but I think the hospital pic is cute...

...except the baby bundled up like that. I just don't get the bundling-babies-into-perfect-little-spheres-wrapped-in-gauzelike-blankets trend in photography. Is it pretty much the same thing as swaddling? I realize this is total BEC regardless, but I'm a bit curious about it.

• Upvote 7

Glad she chose to listen to the doctor's and her and Daxton are doing well. I'm not keen on the name but it's not the worst one I've heard either I wish them all well. 

Amy did unfollow some of them after Mary died because some of them seemed to be posting things that were upsetting to her and she called them out on it on twitter but she started following them again. I don't blame her for unfollowing them if she needed time to grieve and not have them posting link in bio blog posts about it or the video of her burial or mentioning Mary's death in the same sentence as miscarrying a child at a few weeks as if that is the same. Amy was close to Mary and I think her not being here to meet Daxton will be hard for her.

• Upvote 11

Those balloons are so over the top. I wonder what the hospital staff thinks of them. I also wonder what they will do with them when they get discharged. When I had my son my godmother had flowers delivered to my room which was very sweet, but that meant while we were trying to get home with our brand new baby I had to worry about a water filled vase and flowers plus a 30 min drive home.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic