Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
choralcrusader8613

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

Recommended Posts

Nervous
Tim-Tom Biblethumper

Has this been mentioned?  Dillon is opening a swanky restaurant/cigar/liquor bar.  Looks like it's in the same mall as Amy's store.
How do they find the time?  And money?  Liquor licenses aren't cheap.
 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eternalbluepearl

Yeah....Daxton. sigh. Not a great name. I think the nickname "Dax" could be good though. Just drop the "ton."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
Dandruff
1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Has this been mentioned?  Dillon is opening a swanky restaurant/cigar/liquor bar.  Looks like it's in the same mall as Amy's store.

Alcohol, oh my.  I guess Uncle Jim Bob and Aunt Michelle won't be giving their blessings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad
CharlieInCharge

The whole thing is so pretentious I laughed, but this line is my favorite - “to smoke what the world calls the finest cigars from around the world.” Tell me more about the world, your worldly fancy pants lmao 🤣

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NonSOTDRT Teacher
On 7/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I used to teach. I had a student whose official name was Semaj. Not kidding. Mom wrote it like that on the birth certificate. Everyone called him James. She said she did it as a joke. But she even calls him James. 

I taught a Semaj as well! His father was named James according to mom, but he actually did go by Semaj. One of the sweetest kids I’ve ever taught, though. I always associate him with an amazing artistic talent for a then 7 year old and an enormous love for giraffes. 

If I’m talking names, however, my school once had a set of brothers named Da’Realist and Da’Money. No joke. I’d like to know what their parents were thinking. It will be hard when they grow up and start applying for jobs I would guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex

A cigar/whiskey/tapas bar?  Didn’t Dillon have a couple of DUIs?  And a clothing store?  And now a kid?  Yeah, that ain’t going to work.

Learn from your cousins’ mistakes...pick one and stick with it instead of trying to do a little bit of everything.  They’re going to overextend themselves.  

OBTW, when I think of Dillon, the word ‘sophisticated’ ain’t coming to mind.  Just sayin’...

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
OyToTheVey
2 hours ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

I taught a Semaj as well! His father was named James according to mom, but he actually did go by Semaj. One of the sweetest kids I’ve ever taught, though. I always associate him with an amazing artistic talent for a then 7 year old and an enormous love for giraffes. 

If I’m talking names, however, my school once had a set of brothers named Da’Realist and Da’Money. No joke. I’d like to know what their parents were thinking. It will be hard when they grow up and start applying for jobs I would guess.

I was gonna ask if you taught in the school I taught but I see you're in Atlanta lol We had a Precious, Princess, and Sapphire in the same year once. The smartest kid I've ever taught had a very messed up name. Her parents combined like 4 different family names to make hers. For the life of me I can't even remember what it was because she just went by a nickname. At 4 she was reading chapter books. Gd I loved her. Easiest student. Listened too. Her parents were awesome. Always did what was asked, showed up to kiddie plays taped the whole thing, cheered everyone on. But man the name on her always shocked me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NonSOTDRT Teacher
13 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I was gonna ask if you taught in the school I taught but I see you're in Atlanta lol We had a Precious, Princess, and Sapphire in the same year once. The smartest kid I've ever taught had a very messed up name. Her parents combined like 4 different family names to make hers. For the life of me I can't even remember what it was because she just went by a nickname. At 4 she was reading chapter books. Gd I loved her. Easiest student. Listened too. Her parents were awesome. Always did what was asked, showed up to kiddie plays taped the whole thing, cheered everyone on. But man the name on her always shocked me.

Got to love the gem names. We had a Beautiful-Diamond one year as well, nicknamed Beauty. Yours reminds me of two sisters we once had named De’Zire and Sincere. But both were super sweet girls. 

Though I’m a bit partial to Emerald. If I ever have a daughter I always thought that would be cute and I could nickname her Emmy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
19 hours ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

Got to love the gem names. We had a Beautiful-Diamond one year as well, nicknamed Beauty. Yours reminds me of two sisters we once had named De’Zire and Sincere. But both were super sweet girls. 

Though I’m a bit partial to Emerald. If I ever have a daughter I always thought that would be cute and I could nickname her Emmy. 

I distant relative just named his baby Emerald and she will be called Emmy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
mollysmom
59 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I distant relative just named his baby Emerald and she will be called Emmy.

I love that! I think it's beautiful....both her name & her nickname! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
princessmahina
On 8/16/2019 at 11:41 PM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Has this been mentioned?  Dillon is opening a swanky restaurant/cigar/liquor bar.  Looks like it's in the same mall as Amy's store.
How do they find the time?  And money?  Liquor licenses aren't cheap.
 

 

Ah, fine “dinning.” Just the amount of attention to detail I’d expect from him. 

 

Also, “what the world calls the finest cigars from around the world.” Yikes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

Dude needs to decide if it's Wellington's or Wellingtons.

I just checked out their instagram and it seems it's now called The Wellington as they had copyright issues with another place. Scrolling back, it seems they were calling it Winston Reserve 24 weeks ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BudAN2-F_qS/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DillyDally
Posted (edited)

Just thinking about the smell of cigars makes me gag. Imagine him coming home in the evening (to the baby!) and smelling of cigars 🤢

 

Edited by DillyDally
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nickelodeon
Posted (edited)

I wonder if the Duggar girls will be as eager to promote The Wellington via endless instagram posts as they were Amy’s shop?

ETA: I can legitimately see Jeremy visiting and posting cheesy ass photos where he poses in one of his “classy” suits with a cigar. Or would the whiskey scare him off?

Edited by nickelodeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nervous
Satan'sFortress

" . . . I am opening a lounge call Wellington's." 

 

The English major in me wants to take a red pen to that whole post.  :shakehead:

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianabones

I knew a Mormon family who named their 6th baby Ivory. I always felt like that had slightly racist connotations, but maybe in their case they just ran out of names in the extended family. When you have 40+ cousins in the same age group and don't want to repeat names, pickings must get slim!

Another cousin in the family born in the same year was named Tennessee. That was pre-Reese Witherspoon and the family had no connection to that part of the country. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
3 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I knew a Mormon family who named their 6th baby Ivory. I always felt like that had slightly racist connotations, but maybe in their case they just ran out of names in the extended family. When you have 40+ cousins in the same age group and don't want to repeat names, pickings must get slim!

Another cousin in the family born in the same year was named Tennessee. That was pre-Reese Witherspoon and the family had no connection to that part of the country. 😕

I mean there are literally thousands of English names that aren't racist-sounding. And even more thousands of Mormon names as they tend to get pretty creative! So...I'm calling shenanigans.

https://bycommonconsent.com/2016/03/28/mormons-name-their-kids-the-darnedest-things-born-in-2015-edition/

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JanasTattooParlor
3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I’ve followed this woman’s blog every year when she posts the Mormon names from the past year, she’s hilarious and it’s SO spot on. Definitely helped me know what names to stay away from and made me scratch my head at what parents were thinking when they named their kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology
22 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Just thinking about the smell of cigars makes me gag. Imagine him coming home in the evening wee hours (to the baby!) and smelling of cigars 🤢

Fixed it.

"In the wee hours of the morning" because it is sounding more like an eventual gentleman's club. Blech. 

Start-up money possibly from a Gma Mary inheritance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
ViolaSebastian
On 8/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, CharlieInCharge said:

The whole thing is so pretentious I laughed, but this line is my favorite - “to smoke what the world calls the finest cigars from around the world.” Tell me more about the world, your worldly fancy pants lmao 🤣

For me, it's the line about how Northwest Arkansas needs a more mature place to enjoy cocktails. Because Amy and Dillon surely scream "maturity" in all its forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
On 8/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, nickelodeon said:

I wonder if the Duggar girls will be as eager to promote The Wellington via endless instagram posts as they were Amy’s shop?

ETA: I can legitimately see Jeremy visiting and posting cheesy ass photos where he poses in one of his “classy” suits with a cigar. Or would the whiskey scare him off?

While Amy seems to be enjoying some success, we know her cousins’ promotion is responsible for a lot of it.  The Duggars aren’t going to touch this one, and I think Dillon has been listening to too many good idea fairies. If you’re going to open something niche-y like this in NWA, you better have a solid business plan.  

I honestly don’t think Jeremy is going to promote it, either.  It doesn’t fit his ‘image’.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nervous
Daisy0322

Daxton- I wouldn't use it but it is a pretty common name in my area.  My husband thinks it's okay. I don't hate it but I don't like it either.... there much worse names just ask Spurgeon 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe
On 8/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, nickelodeon said:

ETA: I can legitimately see Jeremy visiting and posting cheesy ass photos where he poses in one of his “classy” suits with a cigar. Or would the whiskey scare him off?

I was involved with a MacArthur knockoff church for a time and they were quite clear they were not anti-alcohol. It always struck me as quite “See? We drink alcohol so we’re not legalistic in other areas, either, unlike those Baptists!” All it meant was...well, it’s like nose rings & pants - it doesn’t mean they’re not fundy, it just means they drink alcohol & wear pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianabones
Posted (edited)

 

Screenshot_20190821-130813.png

The Duggars hosted a baby sprinkle for Amy (I thought that was something you do for a second or third kid?) Looks like it was family-only, except for Laura.

And then they all took bump photos together. I hope all of it wasn't too hard on Joy.

Edited by indianabones
Bump over belly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
clueliss

Can we get a shout out for the photo bombing server who seems over it?

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×