IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

As of right now on IG: Amy no longer follows any of the Duggar siblings or their spouses except for Jeremy.  She also does not follow JimBob and Michelle.  

Not really sure what this means though because I don't know who she ever followed.  

Joy, John and Abbie, Si and Lauren, Kendra, Ben, and Dereck are not following Amy.  

Again, not sure which of them ever did to begin with.  

Maybe someone else has some more insights. I also don't follow Twitter although I know Amy threw some shade over the use of emojis.

The on again off again relationships between Amy and the Duggars is interesting. 

Grief in large families tends to cause tension so I'm guessing that is all this is.  I hope everyone behaves at the funeral.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I always kind of felt like Amy only had a relationship with the Duggar crew as adult because she felt obligated to.  Maybe now that grandma Mary is gone, she no longer feels that obligation 

• Upvote 9

I suppose one of the biggest indicators will be whether or not the older girls post about 3130 clothing anymore. She should've stopped using Jill for PR long ago because she makes her clothes look awful but I doubt they'll be getting free shopping sprees anymore if Amy is mad at them.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 6/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, freshlemonade said:

As of right now on IG: Amy no longer follows any of the Duggar siblings or their spouses except for Jeremy.  She also does not follow JimBob and Michelle.  

Not really sure what this means though because I don't know who she ever followed.  

Joy, John and Abbie, Si and Lauren, Kendra, Ben, and Dereck are not following Amy.  

Maybe someone else has some more insights. I also don't follow Twitter although I know Amy threw some shade over the use of emojis.

The on again off again relationships between Amy and the Duggars is interesting. 

Grief in large families tends to cause tension so I'm guessing that is all this is.  I hope everyone behaves at the funeral.  

Amy is stilling following Jinger,Jessa,Jana,and Joe/Kendra.  Joy and Josiah/Lauren aren’t following Amy. 

• Upvote 8

On 6/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

I agree with @Glasgowghirl, I think she's reflecting on her own childhood and not subtweeting her cousins' choices. It doesn't seem intended to be a criticism of them.

I agree it has a lot to do with her own parents and childhood.  I'm also sure she has reflected on her Aunt and Uncle's relationship as well as her cousins both when they were young to now.  Pregnancy is like that. You start thinking and working out how you would like to parent.  It's really a good, healthy thing Amy is doing .  I'm pretty positive ( we did see glimpses of this while she was on the show pre-Joshly scandal) that Amy grew up guilted by JB and M.  I mean, she was allowed over to the TTH but not allowed to have her cousins over. That sucks!  Would tell me all I needed to know. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

I hope the Duggar Hoard don’t run roughshod over what Amy and Deanna might like for the funeral. But then again that might just kick start the tell all! Jim Bob had better be careful.

Edited by Don'tlikekoolaid
Extra word
  • Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I hope the Duggar Hoard don’t run roughshod over what Amy and Deanna might like for the funeral. But then again that might just kick start the tell all! Jim Bob had better be careful.

I hope Amy burns it all to the ground. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

I always got a vibe that Jim Bob and most of the older Duggar kid's looked down on Amy because she did not follow their standards. In some of the episodes her and Jessa messed around and her and her ex went on a couple of double dates with Josh and Anna. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

On 5/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Whatever happened to Amy’s counseling/mentoring gig?  Did she drop it like it’s hot when she opened the store?  Now I don’t think she’s cut out for that type of work anyway, but she was so serious about it for a while.  Then it’s like, ‘hey y’all, I’m opening a store!’

I think Amy has the Duggar lazy gene, and counseling/mentoring was probably a lot more work than she thought it would be--can't just tell people what you're thinking off the top of your head or quote a bunch of bible verses. It's like her store, which is all over the place. Most women's stores are centered around the idea of a particularly type of woman--an H&M customer vs. a Talbot's customer vs. an Old Navy customer. Amy's store seems to feature "random shit that I found." I highly doubt she did a lot of planning or learning marketing (or even learning much about clothing, fabric, construction) or running a business--I have famous cousins so people will come. Just like she thought she could show up in Nashville without having sung in so much as a bowling alley and become a recording star overnight. Or have her own reality show when she doesn't do anything.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

On 6/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, freshlemonade said:

She’s back to following most of them, including Jill and Joy. I’m guessing Amy either got over her feelings or they worked whatever issues they had out privately. I’m not really going to judge based off who’s following who though because that can be hard to keep track of if you follow a ton of people, as Amy does. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I wonder if Amy will name her son Leo or Leon in honor of Mary. 

I hope she was ok with the TLC filming of the funeral. Poor thing.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I had the same thought, but then I realised that would make him The Leon King. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 27
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Cora Persephona said:

I had the same thought, but then I realised that would make him The Leon King. 

These are their real names but...  

Spoiler

I know someone who named their son Cale, their last name is LaPlant.  Their son is Cale the plant.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

13 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Why Leo or Leon? I am obviously missing the connection :)

Why not Lester? Was that her maiden name.

My daughter would have had my mother's maiden name as a middle name if she was a boy.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Why Leo or Leon? I am obviously missing the connection :)

Why not Lester? Was that her maiden name.

My daughter would have had my mother's maiden name as a middle name if she was a boy.

Her full name was Mary Leona Lester when she was born. People are speculating that Amy and Dillon could use Leo or Leon in their son’s name for that reason. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Just now, VelociRapture said:

Her full name was Mary Leona Lester when she was born. People are speculating that Amy and Dillon could use Leo or Leon in their son’s name for that reason. 

Love the name Leo, it has my vote. Leo KIng is a bit snark worthy aka lion king. But It's a family name so  I would give it a pass. If it wasn't a family name and they picked it, I would roll my eyes and sigh and wonder, do people not really think about the names and meanings they choose? Kids can be mean.

Lion King is the bomb movie at least. :)  

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Love the name Leo, it has my vote. Leo KIng is a bit snark worthy aka lion king. But It's a family name so  I would give it a pass. If it wasn't a family name and they picked it, I would roll my eyes and sigh and wonder, do people not really think about the names and meanings they choose? Kids can be mean.

Lion King is the bomb movie at least. :)  

Oh I didn't think about the Lion King, duh. Perfect middle name then! I hope she stays clear of the -aden names, but I have a feeling it's going to be a trendy first name.

• I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Wonder if he'll go to school. I think Amy did.

I believe Amy attended a private Christian School, as I believe her mother and JimBob did as well. I get the feeling Amy and Dillon will want their kids to experience attending a physical school of some sort.

(Disclaimer about there being nothing wrong with families who choose to homeschool so long as they do a decent job, use good materials, and are open to changing things up if it isn’t working out. ?)

ETA: JimBob attended Shiloh Christian School. I’d guess Deanna likely did as well. Not sure where exactly Amy went, but I’d bet my left hand she wasn’t homeschooled.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 7

I just realized that 3130 is pretty much walking distance from my house. I am kind of tempted to check it out. I've always found Famy really annoying and was never quite sure why she was on the show.

I always assumed she went to regular school? You can be religious, conservative, etc. and go to public school. I honestly haven't ever paid much attention to her so I don't know. I don't know where she lives, but there are some really great public schools in the area, especially if she lives near her store. ?

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, ati_escapee said:

I just realized that 3130 is pretty much walking distance from my house. I am kind of tempted to check it out. I've always found Famy really annoying and was never quite sure why she was on the show.

I always assumed she went to regular school? You can be religious, conservative, etc. and go to public school. I honestly haven't ever paid much attention to her so I don't know. I don't know where she lives, but there are some really great public schools in the area, especially if she lives near her store. ?

She seems to have been included mostly to provide a foil to the Duggars. Amy was the splash of normalcy that kind of drove home how weird her Uncle’s family was, similar in a way to Gil and Kelly’s families are included on “Bringing Up Bates” (though that isn’t to make them look weird - UP is careful to try and portray them as normal and wholesome.) She also provided the Duggars the chance to publicly show they love people who don’t believe exactly what they do, which sounds shitty except the show also provided Amy with a platform for fame she wouldn’t have gotten on her own. 

I don’t doubt that she really did spend a lot of time with them when she was growing up though. I think they’re all being truthful about that. I don’t know how close they all necessarily are at this point, but even close knit and normal families can drift apart over time.

• Upvote 14

17 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

She seems to have been included mostly to provide a foil to the Duggars. Amy was the splash of normalcy that kind of drove home how weird her Uncle’s family was, similar in a way to Gil and Kelly’s families are included on “Bringing Up Bates” (though that isn’t to make them look weird - UP is careful to try and portray them as normal and wholesome.) She also provided the Duggars the chance to publicly show they love people who don’t believe exactly what they do, which sounds shitty except the show also provided Amy with a platform for fame she wouldn’t have gotten on her own. 

I don’t doubt that she really did spend a lot of time with them when she was growing up though. I think they’re all being truthful about that. I don’t know how close they all necessarily are at this point, but even close knit and normal families can drift apart over time.

Even if they were close as kids, I would think it would be hard to remain close as adults who have very little in common. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't seen this posted yet.  Very pregnant Amy in a very Nike bikini?  I can't remember the rules on posting pics---this one is from People.  To be safe, I am just posting the link.

https://people.com/parents/amy-duggar-posts-photo-husband-dillon-leaning-baby-bump-optical-illusion/

• Thank You 4

On 6/25/2019 at 10:32 AM, VelociRapture said:

I believe Amy attended a private Christian School, as I believe her mother and JimBob did as well. I get the feeling Amy and Dillon will want their kids to experience attending a physical school of some sort.

(Disclaimer about there being nothing wrong with families who choose to homeschool so long as they do a decent job, use good materials, and are open to changing things up if it isn’t working out. ?)

ETA: JimBob attended Shiloh Christian School. I’d guess Deanna likely did as well. Not sure where exactly Amy went, but I’d bet my left hand she wasn’t homeschooled.

JB was in the first graduating class of SCS, IIRC. If Deanna is older she likely did not attend that school.

• Thank You 2

I've been enjoying Amy's recent beach pics. They really open her up to criticism both on the "NIKE" front and on the "don't get your baby too hot" front. That would be overwhelming for me, so I respect her having a safe good time.

Jill seems to be the only Duggar consistently commenting on these Nike bikini photos. I genuinely wonder what conversations about female modesty are like in that family these days.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic