IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 29 - A Very Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

We did signing with Youngest Wolfie early on.  It worked for things he wanted and if he was hurting but we couldn't get him to use it for emotions because until recently he had absolutely no control over them. Especially when he was mad, he would scream and thrash and throw things for hours. My now ex Mother in law had the nerve to suggest a few times that he just needed "a few good ass whoopins" so he'd learn to behave. Ugh so glad she's gone!

Oldest Wolfie has volunteered to teach signing to her Coach and 1 year old and its going beautifully. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We tried to teach sign, but ran into a problem where he wanted to be held so much it was hard to do.  He is 15 months now, so it might be too late.

Anyone mention yet that JB is speaking at a men's conference at Fort Rock (nice synergy between the Duggars and Forsyths) in a couple of weeks where the men are encouraged to bring their favorite handgun? How did guns and religion get so intertwined? I don't get it. Also JB and Michelle are on the Fort Rock schedule for another marriage conference in October.

@justoneoftwo it might not be too late! I would encourage you to check out the Baby Signing Time DVDs from Happy Hands Productions. They have some clips on YouTube and I'm sure you could find them at your local library as well. They are 30 minute videos and my 19 month old will sit and watch them all the way through. 

I may try this, he doesn't currently watch any screens so we will have to discuss it.  But I would love for him to sign, especially since he isn't really interested in talking too much.

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Darn. Mr. Wolf can't go. He doesn't have a hand gun, favorite or otherwise.

Sorry, he can still go! They will be lending shotguns and rifles. He'll need a new excuse.

3 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

We tried to teach sign, but ran into a problem where he wanted to be held so much it was hard to do.  He is 15 months now, so it might be too late.

You should be okay up to about three. We used the Linda Acredolo and Susan Goodwyn book as our foundation. - Would've been the edition available in '01 - photographic cover somewhere - in a garden I think, with a tree in the background and a toddler signing 'flower'?

If Josh has proven himself to no longer be an asshat to professionals in the child protective services department then he would be allowed to have this children for visitation alone. If he hasn't proven it yet, he could in the future.
Just because people here have decided he is unfit doesn't mean any CPS would agree with you for all eternity.
I've watched my niece deal with just as big an asshat, proven druggie  and yet he gets to take his daughter every other weekend and  for a few weeks vacation after thousands spent by my BIL on legal fees to keep him from being able to do so.
People need to realize that the ultimate goal is always for the children to have a relationship with the parents if they can prove they have rehabilitated or are not a threat. 
People need to realize that their armchair decision of what is abuse isn't binding on the courts.

I don't think a lot of people realize this. I consulted an attorney because I think my ex is an asshat and the kids would be better off without him. She asked me a series of questions like does he abuse them, does he put them in dangerous situations, does he use drugs in front of them, etc. all of those are a no. Basically she said a parent can be a drug addicted prostitute but as long and they aren't doing it in front of the child and not bringing the child into situations that are dangerous, they can't do anything.

Yes, Josh is a asshat douche canoe, but being a fundie isn't enough for CPS to remove the child from care.

So, this conference is sponsored in part by the NRA?

People often don't realize just how much importance the state places on the parent child relationship.  It is very hard to overcome this without proving danger.  I don't know how much physiology agrees with this presumption, but I think the relationship must be very important, even children of terrible parents usually have a hard time giving up that relationship.  

It's Jenni's 10th birthday today. Duggar Family Official says she is a sweet daughter, sister, aunt and friend, and pray God's blessings over her. They could be saying that about any of their daughters. It's also Callie Bates's birthday, and I bet her birthday message will be much more personal.

I KNOW they both spew the same shit, but the difference between the families in birthday wishes is stark.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

It's Jenni's 10th birthday today. Duggar Family Official says she is a sweet daughter, sister, aunt and friend, and pray God's blessings over her. They could be saying that about any of their daughters. It's also Callie Bates's birthday, and I bet her birthday message will be much more personal.

I KNOW they both spew the same shit, but the difference between the families in birthday wishes is stark.

It's almost 9 and no birthday message for Callie yet. They have three hours until midnight, so we'll see if they remember or not (I hope they do. Poor kid gets one day to be the center of attention...)

@justoneoftwo it's not too late. If your child ever has a preschool class with special education students, by and large they will use sign language in the classroom. At least in my area. However through other drifts I'm finding all districts and schools are not created equally, imo, and that is making me both angry and sad. 

There's a post about Callie! Cute photo of her and Gil. So much more personal. 

Makes the generic Duggar "he/she is such a blessing!" birthday posts look even worse. :pb_neutral:

Ten bucks says they took until midnight to post it because Kelly had to call Michael, Callie's real mom, to ask her what to write.

I gotta admit Callie is my favorite fundy kid! #freecallie. I sincerely hope they were out celebrating her instead of glued to social media. P

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Ten bucks says they took until midnight to post it because Kelly had to call Michael, Callie's real mom, to ask her what to write.

True, but at least they bothered to include something personal, rather than just the generic "we love you! You're such a sweet daughter! We can't wait to see what God has in store for you!" 

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm inclined to think they're just better at this aspect of the circus, like they're really into kids beyond just collecting them. They do see each other as individuals in their family dynamic. Like, their cookie cutter is silicone instead of rusted aluminum, so the edges are different sometimes. I will stop at two metaphors. ;-)

On 8/3/2017 at 11:38 PM, backyard sylph said:

I'm inclined to think they're just better at this aspect of the circus, like they're really into kids beyond just collecting them. They do see each other as individuals in their family dynamic. Like, their cookie cutter is silicone instead of rusted aluminum, so the edges are different sometimes. I will stop at two metaphors. ;-)

I'll respectfully disagree with you. I'm not sold on this at all. Maybe Kelly is better with their kids when they're older and can have more of a friendship with her, but she has never seemed overly invested in the kids when they're young. 

In my personal opinion (and borrow your metaphor), both families are rusted aluminum in their own ways. 

Does aluminum rust? I get what you're saying, just struck me as funny. It corrodes. Just being pedantic. I'll go away now.

On 8/2/2017 at 9:02 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

Favourite handgun? I've read it all now!

Yes, they are only allowed to bring their favorite. If all guys would bring five or six they could get labeled as a paramilitary organization instead of s men's Bible club. Don't want any confusion.

I wonder what the women bring to their conference. Their favorite pee stick? Or cup cake tin? 

I want to weigh in on the signing with babies. My oldest is autistic, we obviously didn't know that when he was way little, but the one way he would communicate with us was signing. (He didn't start talking until around 3.) He is high functioning.  It was so successful with him that we used it with the other two, However our middle child started talking around 9 months and has yet to stop, and the youngest boy absolutely refused.  I will straight out the door say that every child is different, and something that works for one kid will probably not work for the other. Parenting is absolutely a learn as you go thing, and I am learning everyday. We never had terrible twos times, but I will say that the age of three was a hide under the table till it is over season of life.  I can't wait to see how the teenage years go. lol

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived