On Thursday at 9PM EST, we will be doing an update to the forum software. Expected downtime is around 2 hours. ×
IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 29 - A Very Inappropriate Lawsuit

Gobsmacked
2 hours ago, karen77 said:

Well, if you saw the tree of life blanket with the trees being different colors, that is me :)

And yes, we have a group!! but it isn't too active. I started it, called FJers

Could you post a pic here? I would love to see it. A friend and I learned how to make Felt  some years ago, sadly we never kept it up due to life taking over in unexpected ways. 

Edited by Gobsmacked
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadeItOut

• SapphireSlytherin

• VelociRapture

• karen77

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interrupting your chat about Mean Girls (great movie!) with an important announcement: ...wait for it... I had my first ever Tater Tot last night!!!!! After sixty million references to them

I don't want to be the bad guy for saying this, but Anna doesn't just get a free pass for neglecting her kids because she 'can't' leave. At some point, she NEEDS to put her kids before her own fears. 

Thanks!! It took a lot of freaking work, let me tell ya. Recipient gets it on Saturday though, SO I finally get the reaction! I'll try to attach, hopefully it works!

Posted Images

karen77
Just now, Lurker said:

@karen77 That is stunning!  What an amazing gift, I hope they cherish it as the heirloom piece that it is.

Thanks!!!

And he better! haha! 

• Upvote 4
Playagirl
23 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Not yet. I'm sticking mainly to chamomile and mint for now because it's so soothing. Next time we're near a Teavana I'll see if Rooibos is being offered as a sample. 

Citrus Lavender Sage, Peach Tranquility and Tranquil Dreams are also good Teavana teas for relaxation, @VelociRapture.  If I'm really stressed I'll brew one of these and throw in some extra chamomile for good measure. 

I try to limit caffeine to one cup of regular tea per day. The rest is herbal.  I've pretty-much given up on coffee too.  Caffeine and menopause don't mix in my case so it's best for me to stay away from it for now.

No clue why I have an extra empty quote box. Technology is beyond me sometimes.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed empty quote box.
  • Upvote 5
Bad Wolf

That is amazing. I'm a knitter, but I could never attempt anything like that.

• Upvote 4
karen77
1 hour ago, Saisa1984 said:

@karen77 that is absolutely gorgeous. You did an incredible job!!

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

That is amazing. I'm a knitter, but I could never attempt anything like that.

I bet you could! It is tedious, but if you take it one step at a time, it works out :) I've never let my self feel too intimated by anything, it's all just knits and purls, right?

Granted, when I started, I didn't quite forsee what a giant project it would be!! but after the first set of trees, I knew, but had to finish!

Edited by karen77
  • Upvote 7
3 hours ago, karen77 said:

Thanks!!!

And he better! haha! 

that is so amazing it's not even funny 

• Upvote 2
missegeno

Another non-coffee drinker here. Coffee is such a big thing where I am, so I'm often ashamed to admit it. But caffeine puts me on edge and my friends say it makes me mean. So, nope.

They don't have Dunkin in my state, but there's one thing about them I just cannot get my head around. I hear, when you get an iced coffee at DD, they put your plastic cup INSIDE a styrofoam cup. When I first learned about it, i was a bit hormonal as well and actually cried, because seriously wtf, does the earth and future generations mean that little to all of Boston?

• Upvote 5
Scrabblemaster
6 hours ago, karen77 said:

Granted, when I started, I didn't quite forsee what a giant project it would be!! but after the first set of trees, I knew, but had to finish!

I'm a knitter too! Once I made a blanket for Mr. Scrabblemaster and it took a whole year to finish it and I did not have any pattern in it. I needed 15 minutes for one row. I have a knitting needle which is 1,40m long, if I remember correctly. There is some sort of nylon coated wire between the two needles and I can screw different needles on it, of I need another size.

And to the bolded above: yip, my sentiments exactly!

• Upvote 5
wikinggirl
3 hours ago, missegeno said:

They don't have Dunkin in my state, but there's one thing about them I just cannot get my head around. I hear, when you get an iced coffee at DD, they put your plastic cup INSIDE a styrofoam cup. When I first learned about it, i was a bit hormonal as well and actually cried, because seriously wtf, does the earth and future generations mean that little to all of Boston?

Unfortunately, they do do that, mostly on the bigger sizes I think.I don't live in the States, but I have family in Boston and go there every year. I always have to have one cup of dunks ice tea, but I never take the styrofoam. And I prefer David's tea for icetea, even got a glass tumbler that gave me $1 ice tea this year.

• Upvote 1
MadeItOut
10 hours ago, karen77 said:

Thanks!! It took a lot of freaking work, let me tell ya. Recipient gets it on Saturday though, SO I finally get the reaction!

I'll try to attach, hopefully it works!

Tree of Life.PNG

When I first saw it, I was like 'woah - I'd love to craft like that when I'm a grown up crafter making proper, gorgeous stuff'. The irony is, I also thought 'maybe I should try to befriend and learn how that kind of levelled up crafting is done', but outside of my main group I'm a little too shy on there.

• Upvote 3
Shadoewolf

Huuby has given up every vice (drinking, smoking, and drugs) except caffeine so it's hard for me to argue. Except he's had a ton of kidney stones so the docs said cut out coffee. But we picked a green tea sampler on Clearance at Teavana for like $17 and its SO good!! He likes the Jasmine citrus mint, I like either jasmine dragon phoenix or Gyokuro imperial over ice. No sugar, we use just a teensy bit of local honey. 

• Upvote 4
SapphireSlytherin

@karen77 I'm echoing everyone else here, but that is a stunningly beautiful piece of work! If your recipient doesn't like it (oh, you know - if they're stupid and lack taste), please send it to me!

• Upvote 10
MadeItOut
2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Huuby has given up every vice (drinking, smoking, and drugs) except caffeine so it's hard for me to argue. Except he's had a ton of kidney stones so the docs said cut out coffee. But we picked a green tea sampler on Clearance at Teavana for like $17 and its SO good!! He likes the Jasmine citrus mint, I like either jasmine dragon phoenix or Gyokuro imperial over ice. No sugar, we use just a teensy bit of local honey. 

I forget who produces it, but I came across 'MannTea' at some point and apart from certain health benefits, there was also mention of it being geared flavour-wise for the man who needs to avoid caffeine and dislikes regular herbal/finds them too feminine.

• Upvote 1

Frontier Co-Op produces organic decaf Earl Grey and peppermint loose teas.  You can get them from Amazon.  Just beware, a pound of loose peppermint tea is the size of a bed pillow! 

• Upvote 2
Gobsmacked
14 hours ago, karen77 said:

Thanks!! It took a lot of freaking work, let me tell ya. Recipient gets it on Saturday though, SO I finally get the reaction!

I'll try to attach, hopefully it works!

Tree of Life.PNG

Absolutely beautiful. Thankyou for posting the pic. It's to good to give away!

• Upvote 6
Carm_88

@karen77 Absolutely gorgeous! What a work of art...and love! :) 

• Upvote 8
karen77
4 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

When I first saw it, I was like 'woah - I'd love to craft like that when I'm a grown up crafter making proper, gorgeous stuff'. The irony is, I also thought 'maybe I should try to befriend and learn how that kind of levelled up crafting is done', but outside of my main group I'm a little too shy on there.

I guess I just dive into it. I don't talk to too many people on Rav, just a few and in spurts. I've only been knitting a few years too, so if I can do it, anyone can, that is what I say.  I do make it to the Madrona Fiberfest each year (only the last two years though, because...haven't been knitting that long) and they have great classes and knitting atmosphere, it's great. I was working on that blanket while I was there too.

It's a gift for my uncle (dad's identical twin), that had leukemia a while back, and I was the bone marrow donor for him, so my cousin came to visit (they live in Aussie) and said it would be nice to have something to keep him warm during those not so cold winter months in Sydney, and he'd love something made by me, so this is what blossomed out of that. She is giving it to him for his 70th birthday on Saturday.

Edited by karen77
  • Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1
zygote373

@missegeno @wikinggirl

I get (decaf) iced coffee from Dunkin all the time and I have never seen them put the cup in another styrofoam cup...? Maybe it's regional. I'm in NYC.

I usually get small or medium, but I have never seen anyone else with a large have a double cup, either.

• Upvote 7

I'm in NJ and get cold brew all the time.  I've never seen a double cup. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
missegeno

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that some Dunkin locations don't double cup! Maybe it's just a Boston thing. Still shitty, imo, but on a much smaller scale than I had thought. :-)

• Upvote 5
wikinggirl

It might just be a Boston thing, I see it all the time on the T, but only the larger sizes. 

• Upvote 3
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic