IGNORED

Anna, Josh, & the Ever Multiplying M Kids, Part 11: His Cheating Heart

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

They don't have a right to feel upset imo, they're the ones that set her up to be hurt in the first place. I do wonder how "catching up on everything that happened the last few years" went at the dinner table but I'm evil like that :my_angel:

Yeah, they probably skipped over a couple of things.  And didn't Daniel say, during the Ashley Madison debacle, that he'd never stop trying to get "that pig" out of their family?  I suspect there was some tension during the visit.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Rebecca's husband likes kind of over it all. 

I didn't get that part, I'm afraid. Did you intend to write 'looks' ? He looks kinda over it all? 

Another thought- Anna may be afraid that she will have to share custody with Josh or even lose custody. She knows she can't provide for 5 children and I don't think she wants to do it alone. She may feel that staying is her only option. 

If you had to be stuck on a plane with TFDW wouldn't you look over it, too? I mean, David did share that picture of the guy he "saved" on a commercial plane ride. That guy looked pretty over it, as well.

15 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Another thought- Anna may be afraid that she will have to share custody with Josh or even lose custody. She knows she can't provide for 5 children and I don't think she wants to do it alone. She may feel that staying is her only option. 

Please see my prior comment about child support. Anna would not be solely responsible for providing for all those children.

And I cannot imagine in what alternate universe she would lose custody to douche. Shared custody maybe, but Jdouche is so lazy, that would likely be too much work.

The stigma of divorce in the cult, despite her being the aggrieved party, likely has a lot to do with her doubling down in the marriage. That, and not wanting to disappoint God. How awful to be indoctrinated like this.

I really hate discussing anna and the douche.. But i did watch that video of Anna's family surprising her mother. 

Josh is clearly accepted in that family unless they are all fake people. 

It's something whether I wonder whether he gets that people cant stand him and he thinks everyone accepts him 

25 minutes ago, nst said:

...video of Anna's family surprising her mother. Josh is clearly accepted in that family unless they are all fake people. It's something whether I wonder whether he gets that people cant stand him and he thinks everyone accepts him 

Honestly, I think some of them just grin and bear it. I also think that Joshley is convinced he's repented and now everyone who doesn't like him or doesn't give him a paying job is one of the heathen wolves and deserves hellfire. He prayed for forgiveness, he was forgiven, so now he can join lawsuits and continue being Josh Duggar™, brand-name douche.

Totally off topic, but how do fundies know they are forgiven? Sure, they say a few words and go through the motions, but how do they know God actually forgave them? Is it magic? Plus, Christ said "Go and sin no more", not "Go and commit the same sins over and over again, it's okay, I'll just forgive you again". 

Ok, so at home today, watched Dr. Phil. Subject was a guy who molested his sister, parents didn't take it seriously. He also molested other children. 

It's so messed up. Of course, made me think of Duggars, and what happened to my friend. 

I wonder if Dr. Phil tried to get them on the show? Think of the ratings! I would love to see Dr. Phil rake Boob and Michelle over the coals. They would never agree to go on, of course. Maybe Josh will in a few years, after the next scandal, and he leaves the family, and writes his book. I am betting it will happen. 

This is slightly off but related: on twitter I saw this Oregon State ace Luke Heimlich is a registered sex offender.

Not sure about his religious affiliations, but he was Josh in terms of age and how he molested a family member but unlike Josh he actually had to register on the sex offender's list. Neglected to register again before he got to school and even though his coach won't confirm, there is a high chance that the school knew about this and still let him play. It only became known because he was number 1 in the MLB draft and his team at oregon state is going to the finals.

I guess nothing really surprises me anymore but as of now he's still able to play unlike Josh basically losing it all. I just thought it was interesting to look at their parallels.

19 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Rebecca's husband looks kind of over it all. 

He looks like he wants to stand close to David, who's filming, in order to not be in it. They've only been together, what, a year, and married less than that(are they married yet, or just engaged? We'll never know) and he's still trying to fit in the family. Not a comfortable role for a fundie family, to say the least. But Mrs Keller seemed too shocked to give any "shunning" like the tabloids would say. They got one daughter who's divorced and re-coupled; that's a big fundie no-no, right? They got Daniel, who's pitiable, and expressed previous bitterness towards them. They got Susanna, okay, I guess Susanna's new man saw fit to stay away? But if she's not having sex with him until they're married(or at least giving that appearance) then she should be back in  good standing with them. And Josh; enough said. If there really is tension in that family(I have no doubt there HAS been) then David is in the wrong; making a video of them faking it. But I'd like to think this coming together to do this that it's a big step of healing.

Hahah if Rebecca's new guy wants to be part of the family, he best get used to David Waller. ;) 

Susanna's fiance was with them, he was with her in the family fotos on her public facebook page. He just wasn't in the video. 

ETA: There's also a cute pic of Suze, Noelle, and Ma Kaller on her FB. I assume that after all, they just accepted that Suze's walking a different path. They either have no contact or accept her and are a part of her life. I assume that after becoming a mother, Suze mended some fences with her parents as well. 

I had a friend who stayed in a bad marriage until their daughter was old enough to understand inappropriate touching and my friend was confident the daughter would speak up if the dad abused her. That's how little trust she had in a man she married. Staggering to think how much people can keep hidden and for so long.

My friend was molested by her brother at age 12-13. She got him to stop by threatening to tell. But she never told anyone...because she was afraid her dad would be so mad that he would kill her brother, or seriously harm him, and dad would go to jail. 

Hey brother ended up having a lot of issues. He did start drinking and smoking pot heavily in high school. He got sent to a "Christian" rehab.  The family wasn't fundy, but the kids did go to Christian school until 8th grade.  

After rehab, he managed to run up a $1200 phone sex bill that his parents had to pay. He went to a Christian bible college, because he was "saved", but dropped out. He met his wife at some church event. 

Fast forward 18 years...his oldest daughter reported him to her school for molesting her, and another daughter. 

My friend, who was fighting health issues, almost had a breakdown when she found out. The guilt was unvelievable. She said "I never thought he would do it to his own child." She wished she had reported him.  She had to contact her friends and tell them, because it was going to be on the news.  Hey brother did turn himself into the police, and plead guilty.  But his wife refuses to divorce him, even though there are two more children in the home.  He is in prison until the second victim graduates from high school. 

8 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Please see my prior comment about child support. Anna would not be solely responsible for providing for all those children.

And I cannot imagine in what alternate universe she would lose custody to douche. Shared custody maybe, but Jdouche is so lazy, that would likely be too much work.

The stigma of divorce in the cult, despite her being the aggrieved party, likely has a lot to do with her doubling down in the marriage. That, and not wanting to disappoint God. How awful to be indoctrinated like this.

Yes, you and I know this. My point was that Anna may not and may be afraid to take on JB's attorneys in court. She probably knows she doesn't have the resources to fight. 

Honestly, I'm sure the thought of leaving has crossed Anna's mind, but she literally can't fathom HOW. Nobody in her circle has probably divorced with 5 kids, she has nobody to look at and think, "they did it, so can i!" Combined with everything she is hearing from her family and his, any thought of leaving has left her head once she got pregnant with that baby. You know she considers that a sign from God that all is right in her marriage again. 

Anna would be entitled to child support, but she won't get much if Joshy isn't working. He can be ordered to pay a certain amount, but without a job, or just a low income car lot, it might be hard to get much out of him. There are welfare programs that could help her train for a decent paying job, with childcare, food stamps and Medicaid. Not going to happen, probably.

Going back to the numbers for a brief second:

I agree with the #7 - out of fear, because it drives several of the other numbers, but it also can stand on its own as a motivator. 

I do not think I agree with #8. Anna would not have support to leave their lifestyle, but she would have family members (Duggars too) and friends who would have supported her decision to leave him or at least separate. She said in one of the first Counting On episodes that she had to love Josh the way God says so even if other people did not agree. She said this in a room where most of the Duggar family was in attendance. Some of the looks around the room went from awe to disgust. I believe Anna made this choice because she want to do so.

Oh I'm sure leaving has crossed Anna's mind. But I don't think she'd do it in a million years. You have to remember that these people are devout fundamentalist Christians - I know Christians who are significantly less religious than these folk who feel similarly about their own marriage vows.

As far as Anna is concerned, this is a test sent from God, and she was put on this earth to raise Josh's kids and be by his side, so by golly that's what she's going to do. This is the devil tempting her to go back on the vows she swore before God.

She'll never leave.

6 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I know Christians who are significantly less religious than these folk who feel similarly about their own marriage vows.

She'll never leave.

I absolutely agree with this. I know several couples from high school who got married very young while they were very religious, and they grew apart, cheated on each other, and various other "nefarious" acts really highlighting that they should just get divorced - but in their church, divorce is the ultimate sin, so they'll never do it. It makes me so sad for them, and so sad for Anna that she's in this situation. Everyone deserves to be happy, and everyone makes mistakes - sometimes those result in marriage, or a little one, or a broken bone, but the best we can do is learn from them and grow stronger, and she's not being "allowed" to do that. 

4 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Yes, you and I know this. My point was that Anna may not and may be afraid to take on JB's attorneys in court. She probably knows she doesn't have the resources to fight. 

Jim Boob's attorneys? You think he would pay for an attorney for Josh? I don't think Anna is afraid of losing her kids, but if she was threatened like that it might light a fire in a belly. And we don't know what her resources are. She may have more than we think. 

If Amy and Dillon can still get TLC money you know Anna can. Money is not the issue. I'm sure Josh is worth a lot more than we all think. She would have been able to get half (if not more) of his money plus child support. If that did not work a tell all book or series would have set her up for a little while until she found work or furthered her education. Instead she stayed with her disgusting husband and got pregnant again! When she got pregnant again my sympathy for her diminished. She had every chance to bail but instead she decided s to bring another child into the world under the "umbrella of protection" of Josh Duggar. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived