IGNORED

Anna, Josh, & the Ever Multiplying M Kids, Part 11: His Cheating Heart

Coconut Flan

Yeah... I am 80s baby. Forget helmets. Where I lived gangs of children roamed unsupervised well into the evening, played in flood water, explored abandoned buildings. When my dad was passed out drunk one Halloween I decided to make up a Costume and set out at night to go trick or treating by myself. And I did. 

I was very very lucky. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Yeah... I am 80s baby. Forget helmets. Where I lived gangs of children roamed unsupervised well into the evening, played in flood water, explored abandoned buildings. When my dad was passed out drunk one Halloween I decided to make up a Costume and set out at night to go trick or treating by myself. And I did. 

I was very very lucky. 

That's how we rolled in the 70's and 80's!  Abandoned houses were fun!  Pool hopping, ding dong dash......

27 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I was very very lucky. 

I'm a 70s kid and was free range before free range was even a word.

I'm a 70's kid too.  As long as we were home a little bit after the street lights came on we were on time.

I was a child of the 80's and bitterly resented not being allowed to roam with the pack of semi-feral children that inhabited our neighborhood... That said, I more than made up for it from the age of 12 on :kitty-wink:

No helmets - they just didn't exist, except for hockey/football. No seatbelts either. I remember being told by my mother that a back seat lap belt would "cut me in half" - so much wrong information. And when the province passed a seatbelt law, you would have thought the sky was falling and fascism was about to rise and "take away our rights". It was insane. Thankfully, we've learnt and now people (generally) wear seat belts and bike helmets.

People - even smart ones from safety conscious cultures can be weird when it comes to actually practicing safety. When I was 19, I spent the summer in the mountains where I met a James Dean obsessed guy from Kyoto named Hidishi. He had come to Canada, acquired a Harley and was spending the summer cruising through the Okanagan sans helmet (I guess he thought of laws as more suggestions) with his hair gelled back, aviator glasses, wearing tight blue jeans and a white crew neck t-shirt. And his body.... daym, I start drooling when I think back. Let us just say poor safety choices have never looked so good. That said, he bought a helmet for me to wear when I rode with him #bestsummerever

I'll go with Myles Joshua, born Aug 10, 8 pounds 13 ounces. 

80's kid here, never wore a helmet but after being injured in a car accident when I was little my mom insisted on seat belts. Seeing as it gets dark about 9:30 here, my kiddos are often out at the park with their friends or riding bikes (helmets are city ordinance for minors here) until pretty late. Now I just tell them to text me every few hours to check in or if they're changing location. And I hate to admit it but we get some good walking miles racked up playing Pokemon Go.

On 11/07/2017 at 0:11 AM, Carm_88 said:

Updated and fixed! @MadeItOut, no worries! Always point out my mistakes, human error is common with me and like I said, my brain was having a party! 

No worries this end - my ABI can be massively symptomatic so I totally know where you're at. Just wouldn't ever want someone associating me with 'Marvin' (I'm sure there must be at least one lovely Marvin out there, but all the ones I've met so far have been obnoxious).

The main reason I'm guessing Martyn is because of the whole St. Martyn starving to death thing. In Anna's place, I'd be enjoying what little chances I could to needle 'Daddy', so I'm thinking Martyn as in 'fifth mouth to feed? Totally not a problem with all this solid providing you're doing'.

...I did the same thing with my eldest survivor - & would make a point of catching his eye whenever I would have to say: "absolutely it's Jack for John" with my fingers crossed.

Ooo I just found out a friend's baby name: Mannis. 

How do we feel about that one? - I'd feel sorry for friend who wanted something that exists but is pretty unique, but I can totally see it.

At risk of giving @Carm_88 blood pressure issues, could I please change my name guess from Martyn to:

1) Mannis

2) Martyn

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

Ooo I just found out a friend's baby name: Mannis. 

How do we feel about that one? - I'd feel sorry for friend who wanted something that exists but is pretty unique, but I can totally see it.

At risk of giving @Carm_88 blood pressure issues, could I please change my name guess from Martyn to:

1) Mannis

2) Martyn

So...Josh and Anna could have a "praying Mannis"?  Lol

90s kid. No helmets, sat in front seat sometimes with seatbelt, roamed neighborhood and woods with friends all day, street hokey and being lowered into the storm drains to get lost balls and pucks, broke arm doing s flip off of a trampoline. When we moved across town I got to ride my bike to school. (Had to wear helmet then bc school rules). 

Spoiler

M Kid Number 5 Birth Pool

Names:

Gabriel Matthew- shock928 (wildcard)

James Robert “Little Jim Bob”- Mela99

Maccabee Joshua- Lurker

Machiah- aprilx(2)

Machiavelli- onekidanddone

Maddox- ihaveanexamintwodays

Malachi- singsingsing, SapphireSlytherin, clueless, mango_fandango, bananabread, aprilx

Malachi Daniel- WiseGirl

Malachi Joshua- MayMay1123

Malachi Nathaniel- eveandadam

Malachi Robert- Dogalog

Malakai Joshua- Million Children for Jesus (1)

Malcolm- ihaveaneamintwodays, Gillyweed

Malcolm Garrett- Taylurker

Mannis- MadeItOut(1)

Manuel Christopher- freshlemonade

Mark- TeamDeFraudinSquad

Mark Isaiah- tsukinokawa

Marshall Joshua- Berty K

Martin- singsingsing (wildcard), VelociRapture(3), albanuadh_1(2)

Martin James- Markie, Melissa1977

Martin Robert- Kelsey (2)

Marvin- Greendoor

Martyn- MadeItOut(2)

Mason- Markie(3), ihaveanexamintwodays, singsingsing, VelociRapture (1), nickelodeon, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou

Mason Daniel- Rachel333

Mason Joshua- pook, Jatalie1996 JDuggs          

Mason Robert- Kelsey, HRM1216 (2)

Matthias- KelseyAnn

Matthias Daniel- tabitha2

Matthew- Markie(2), singsingsing, HarleyQuinn, albanuadh_1(1), JordynDarby5, Daisy0322, frugalitymom, AlwaysExcited, TeamDefraudinSquad(2)

Matthew Asher- Chewing Gum

Matthew Caleb- Million Children For Jesus(1)

Matthew David- VixenToast

Matthew Dobson- Dandruff

Matthew Hosea- The Wanderer

Matthew Isaiah- SorenaJ, anaandrade

Matthew James- sadiZ, VeryNikeSeamstress, ChunkyBarbie

Matthew John- NewSeasonOfLife

Matthew Joshua- JermajestyDuggar, anjulibai, Glasgowghirl, jerkit, viii, HRM1216. TuringMachine

Matthew Micah- ExposedKnees

Matthew Noah- Miggy

Matthew Paul- AlwaysExcited (1)

Matthew Robert- marmalade, VelociRapture, mango_fandango, adidas, season of life, AlwaysExcited(2)

Matthew Thomas- Fluffypaws

Matthew Zachary- Million Children For Jesus (3)

Maverick- Honeysuckle

Max- onekidanddone

Maxwell Robert- Glasgowghirl  

Melchizedek- Audrey2

Melvin Issac- itqitc

Mepibostheth- Audrey2

Merrick John- Quiver Full of Kittens

Messiah Joshua- Jane M.

Methuselah- Audrey2

Micah- KelseyAnn (2)

Micah Matthew- shock928

Miles- singsingsing (wildcard), JoyJoy

Miles Gabriel- Suz8710

Milo-  So-Virgin-It-Hurts

Mingus- TeddyBonkers

Mitchell Robert- Gobsmacked

Mobert Mame- Pasta

Morgan Clement- habert

Morgan Freeman- dpndetfarm

Mortimer Chance- Hortense Peyrac

Moses- Carm_88, VelociRapture (2)

Moshe Joshua- OyToTheVey

Myles Joshua- TeaGrannie

Nathaniel Daniel- MissKnowItAll

Robert- Bad Wolf

William Matthew- NeverBeenKissed

William Zachery- MissKnowItAll

Date:

July 19th- season of life

July 20th- AlwaysExcited

July 21st- Miggy

July 24th- NewSeasonOfLife

July 25th- eveandadam

July 27th- Fluffypaws

July 28th- Million Children For Jesus

July 29th- Taylurker

July 30th- Quiver Full of Kittens

July 31st- Vixen Toast

August 1st- The Wanderer, tabitha2

August 2nd- habert, adidas, Honeysuckle, ExposedKnees

August 3rd- Jatalie1996, MayMay112, OyToTheVey

August 4th- Kelsey

August 5th- sadiZ, Hortense Peyrac

Late Night August 5th/Early August 6th- VeryNikeSeamstress

Late Night August 6th/Early August 7th- MadeItOut

August 7th- Markie, freshlemonade, Daisy0322, WiseGirl

August 8th- JDuggs, Gobsmacked, viii, pook (2:11am), TuringMachine

August 9th- aprilx

August 10th- anaandrade, Lurker, TeamDefraudinSquad, TeaGrannie

August 11th- JordynDarby5, Gillyweed, TeamDefraudinSquad, Jane M.

August 13th- MissKnowItAll, Suz8710

August 14th- JermajestyDuggar

August 15th- itqitc, So-Virgin-It-Hurts, albanuadh_1

August 16th- HRM1216

August 17th- Bad Wolf

August 18th- dpndetfarm

August 19th- Rachel333, SorenaJ, ChunkyBarbie

August 21st at 2am- KelseyAnn

August 22nd- Carm_88

August 24th- MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou

August 27th- tsukinokawa

August 28th- anjulibai

September 3rd- Chewing Gum

September 5th- frugalitymom

Weight

7lbs 3oz- viii

7lbs 6oz- OyToTheVey

7lbs 7oz- MissKnowItAll

7lbs 8oz- MadeItOut, WiseGirl

7lbs 9oz- jerkit, pook

7lbs 12oz- Quiver Full of Kittens

7lbs 14oz- freshlemonade

8lbs- JermajestyDuggar, habert, anaandrade, So-Virgin-It-Hurts, albanuadh_1, AlwaysExcited, Jane M.

8lbs 1 oz- Rachel33, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou, HRM1216

8lbs 2oz- adidas, Chewing Gum

8lbs 3oz- Daisy0322, Jatalie1996, Gillyweed, Bad Wolf, Gobsmacked, MayMay1123

8 lbs 4oz- Sorenaj, The Wanderer, anjulibai, itqitc, VeryNikeSeamstress

8lbs 5oz- Carm_88, aprilx

8lbs 6oz- NewSeasonOfLife, Suz8710

8lbs 7oz- dpndetfarm

8lbs 8oz- JDuggs, ExposedKnees, TuringMachine, Fluffypaws

8lbs 9oz- Taylurker, TeamDefraudinSquad

8lbs 10oz- Markie, Lurker, season of life, ChunkyBarbie

8lbs 11oz- Million Children For Jesus

8lbs 13oz- TeaGrannie                                           

9lbs 1oz- VixenToast, tabitha2

8 pound range- KelseyAnn

Length

19 inches- MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou

20 inches- anaandrade, Jane M., ChunkyBarbie

20.5 inches- AlwaysExcited, HRM1216

21 inches- The Wanderer, Gobsmacked, Lurker, itqitc, viii, Taylurker, pook, Fluffypaws

21.5 inches- Million Children For Jesus

22 inches- Daisy0322, Quiver Full of Kittens

No need to worry about giving my heart attack! :P There's still a chance I've missed a lovely guess. So check the spoilter and correct me if so! :) 

Oh I'm a 90s kid and as long as someone's parents could find us, we were ok! 

1 hour ago, CinnaJen said:

So...Josh and Anna could have a "praying Mannis"?  Lol

Wouldn't that be epic?

Also conversations of: ...Mannis not happy/sleeping/fell down...

My older kids were 90s kids and also roamed the neighborhood and woods, did all the usual stuff I did at their age. But they still wore helmets and seatbelts. Life didn't completely flip a switch when certain things became safer. You could give your kids basic safety rules and still expect them to be adventuresome explorers, and we still did with the younger ones, as well.

It is a shame that many people cannot live that way now, though, either from perceived danger or from living in areas where it is actually no longer suitable. Risk assessment has never been a human strong suit.

Moses Joshua--to show Anna has forgiven Josh(sorry if someone has said this already, I'm quite behind on this thread)

7lbs 7oz

Aug 7

Going with 7s here. 

Anna posted something for Meredith, and I also noticed her post for Marcus. Before this she hadn't posted since early 2016, so I guess it's true that's josh and Anna are slowly going back to the spotlight :dislike:

IMG_1426.PNG

I do believe they're trying to ease back into the spotlight. Might not want to do that, as I believe Joshley is not reformed and will eventually cause another scandal. 

I have a cool story about car safety for infants: In '68, when I was a few months old, my mom was driving her '66 Ford Fairlane with me just lying on the front passenger seat wrapped in a blanket. She had to stop suddenly and I went flying off the seat and ended up in the floorboard. I had heard that story all my life, and I've also had migraines and weird deja-vu episodes all my life (I've actually blacked out & lost hours three times from them - twice as a kid & once as an adult). I never told anyone about the deja-vu episodes because I thought they were just examples of my wierdness.
About 10 years ago I mentioned them to a friend who told me I was describing simple-partial seizures, so I asked my doctor. After I described my migraines-with-aura and deja-vu episodes, she said that, yes, I was having simple-partial seizures, and asked if I'd ever had a sever head injury, because that's usually the cause. First I said no, then I remembered the incident when I was a baby. The doc said, "That'll do it. What did the doctor say at the time?"
I asked my mom about it, and she said SHE DIDN'T TAKE ME TO THE ER AT THE TIME & NEVER TOLD OUR FAMILY DOCTOR.
Let that sink in. Your infant (and I was also a 7-or 8 month premie, depending on who's telling the story) is thrown from the seat of a car and you don't take them to be checked out.
I asked her why, & she said "You weren't crying, so I thought you were fine." She also said that she thought I had hit the metal dashboard before falling into the floorboard.

I have a depression between my eyes from the bridge of my nose up to the middle of my forehead that has been there as long as I remember, and I always thought it was a wrinkle from squinting. Nope, it's caused by a depression in my skull. The doctor says my skull was apparently fractured and, because I was was an infant, it healed quickly. If my mom had taken me to the damn ER or even our family doctor, they might have spared me a lifetime of pain, or at least I wouldn't have thought I was crazy or defective because of my weird episodes.
Of course, this is the woman who used to leave me in the car for hours while she went into stores, when I was too young to know how to open the door & get out by myself. Even back in the early 70s, a stranger yelled at her because I was alone in a hot car with the windows cracked, right beside a  busy road. Not only could I have died from heat, anyone could have grabbed me from the unlocked car. That particular day, I was panting, sweating, and standing on the seat with my nose stuck out the window. The man went into the store, where my mom was happily chatting away with the owner, and asked if she was trying to kill me. She got mad at him.
She also used to leave me home alone when I was very small, and let me cross the busy road in front of our house to play alone on our property across the road. Lots of similar stories that seemed normal to me until I started telling Mr. Shrew about them. He says "Seems like she was hoping someone would take you ."
I'm lucky to be alive and tying this.

9 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I do believe they're trying to ease back into the spotlight. Might not want to do that, as I believe Joshley is not reformed and will eventually cause another scandal. 

Eventually?

Chapeau - You are much more charitable than I!

I hope they aren't trying for a TLC Josh/Anna #5 birth episode. 

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

I hope they aren't trying for a TLC Josh/Anna #5 birth episode. 

If they do, can we please boycott it?

Maybe they'll have the birth as part of an episode, with lots of women attending Anna, and Josh kept way in the background?

13 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I don't think they will show the birth of #5. I don't think TLC is allowed show Josh. 

They aren't allowed to show Josh but they can show Anna. Josh can just be out of sight of the cameras. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived