IGNORED

Duggar Real Estate 1

Taylurker

19 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Real estate taxes are unaffected by marital status.

Not completely true - in Florida at least, there is an additional widow's exemption to the homestead exemption.   Not all states have homestead exemptions, in fact, most do not.   It is not the same as being able to deduct the taxes from your IRS filing, homestead and widow's (and now veteran's exemption to boot in my county) apply to real estate tax in the county.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nssherlock said:

Not completely true - in Florida at least, there is an additional widow's exemption to the homestead exemption.   Not all states have homestead exemptions, in fact, most do not.   It is not the same as being able to deduct the taxes from your IRS filing, homestead and widow's (and now veteran's exemption to boot) apply to real estate tax in the county.

I meant the calculation of the tax itself, sorry. That is determined by the taxing bodies, tax rates, levies, etc.

We have various exemptions in Illinois, but none for widowers. We have a homeowner's exemption for your primary residence, this is the only one I qualify for. There is also a senior citizen freeze in Chicago proper, I think.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:40 PM, Taylurker said:

The house I noticed they built is on W. MLK Jr. Blvd. in Fayetteville. On the aerial view in googlemaps, it shows a house. On the street view Oct 2016, there is no house. There is also no house on the aerial view of the ARCountyData site. There is nothing about a building there. It's definitely a new building and wasn't torn down.

Quoting myself here. Actually, it may be an old building shown on the aeriel view of googlemaps, because in May 2014 on Street view there was a decrepit house there.

Very insteresting thread, I have long wondered how many estates the Duggars (JB and Grandma) own.

Regarding Jessa living in the small house owned by grandma Duggar. It's a two bedroom. But if they only produce sons then that should be no big deal. Ben wants 15 sons remember? Not much time for girls being produced there...

Canada weighing in.

Property taxes are based SOLELY on property value and it's classification multiplied by the mill rate.

You get a homeowner's grant if it is your personal residence.  A bigger grant if you are also 65 or older.

example:  $1795.06      with homeowner primary residence $1225.06         homeowner is 65 yrs old primary residence $950.06

None of this is Income Tax deductible, nor do your earnings or marital status affect the amount.

I live in a state without state income taxes, so property taxes are a huge revenue generator here and are extremely high.  The amount is based on the appraised value of your house, regardless of income or marital status - it is different than income taxes.  We have homestead, senior and disability exemptions that can lower it.  The market value of the houses in my area are supposedly increasing, so the taxes are also increasing.  I've been a sahm the last few years, so even though our income dropped by around half when I stopped working, we are paying more in property taxes than ever.  We've lived in the same house for 15 years, and this year our tax appraisal value was a 62% increase over the purchase price from the year that we purchased it (the increase was gradual over the past 4 years and not all at once).  However, there is an appeal process which I went through this year, and I was able to get it down to a more reasonable value, though it's still much higher than when we bought it.  

So when you buy a house here, the taxes are a significant portion of the mortgage value that needs to be calculated along with principal and interest for affordability purposes.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:29 AM, Bethella said:

There are a lot of properties. In Benton County:

• Grandma Mary own 1 commerical property
  • JD owns the Stoney Brook commercial property
  • The Duggar Revocable Living Trust owns 3 commercial and 9 residential properties
  • The Duggar Properties LLC owns 1 commercial and 5 residential properties

Washington County only lists tax records (instead of property records) but there are 259 records that contain the name Duggar (not all are relatives). To narrow it down a bit, JB is listed on the tax records for 22 parcels in the county. 

Yes, Grandma Mary still owns Jessa and Ben's house.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can only find records for Washington County not Benton. How did you find the Benton ones? The site I'm using is https://www.actdatascout.com/ (Am not from the us either.)

Did we ever figure out how big the log house (of Grandma's, that was recently moved to the Duggar compound) is?  I'm guessing 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths.

I think Grandma will only live there a year or two before she moves back into the TTH (next to the laundry room) and hands it over to a young couple.

8 hours ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can only find records for Washington County not Benton. How did you find the Benton ones? The site I'm using is https://www.actdatascout.com/ (Am not from the us either.)

I used https://www.arcountydata.com/

While searching property taxes I found Duggar Automotive and the mailing address is Maryland.  Is that Josh's business?

Also I'm assuming Duggar Farm is the TTH

7 hours ago, frugalitymom said:

While searching property taxes I found Duggar Automotive and the mailing address is Maryland.  Is that Josh's business?

"Duggar Farm"??? Oh that's rich.

Only thing they grow there is human babies.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

"Duggar Farm"??? Oh that's rich.

Only thing they grow there is human babies.

It could be called that so they can get farm subsidies from the gubmint. Let me go have a look-see...

Nope. Don't see any subsidy money for them.

13 hours ago, frugalitymom said:

I see Duggar Farm and all I think of are the Kid Farm parody videos.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeremy and Jinger bought a house in Laredo, TX on June 5, 2017. (Just two days after I made this post and had searched, ha!) They jointly own it. It's a 4 bed and 2 bath as far as I can tell. It says roughly 1,400 sq. ft. living space on a 6,000 sq. ft lot.

Ben and Jessa officially jointly own Grandma Mary's house!!! as of June 27, 2017. It says estate sale was $100k and code is "unvalid", so not sure if they means they really paid for it or not? She may have just deeded it over to them.

Austin's house still has only his name on it. I imagine he is just gonna flip that one.

I haven't checked anything else at the present moment.

Okay, a few more things for Washington County:

1. The Dowell Rd. house transferred from JB&M to Mary on June 27, 2017 as well.
2. The S. Hoot Owl Ln. house was surveyed on June 5th, changed from a warranty deed to quitclaim deed for the trust on June 27th.
3. The S. Hoot Owl Ln. 3 acres was surveyed on June 27th and also changed from Mary to the trust on the same date with a quitclaim deed.
4. The MLK Blvd. property was changed from Duggar Properties to the trust on a warranty deed on June 29th.

Someone correct me if I am wrong/mistaken, but I am pretty sure that quitclaim deeds make it easier to transfer property to relatives and friends.

As I said, I don't get that they would want just a two bedroom house. They haven't consulted me, however, about that decision.

They could always build equity on it and/or sell it later for profit. I am definitely surprised by their move.

1 minute ago, Taylurker said:

They could always build equity on it and/or sell it later for profit. I am definitely surprised by their move.

Well, if they have another blessing soon, where will they put the little tyke? There must be a larger plan. Now that they own it, they can sell it? To buy a bigger house? This is a mystery that needs to be solved 

17 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, if they have another blessing soon, where will they put the little tyke? There must be a larger plan. Now that they own it, they can sell it? To buy a bigger house? This is a mystery that needs to be solved 

I dunno. I mean, I guess they could fit one more baby in the house for a year. But I think something is cooking. Or.... maybe they only want two kids! Nah, I doubt it.

Oooohh not the 1755 one, but the 1939 house on Hoot Owl switched over to Dillon and Amy on June 27th as well (it originally belonged to JB&M). That was a busy day for Duggar real estate! Hell, the whole month of June was I guess.

Hmm a lot of real estate transfers anyone want to check to see if there was a similar level of transfers before the scandals hit. Yes my mind went there. The other possibility is shuffling properties of the due to the upcoming nuptials which isn't as exciting.

J&B purchasing(ish) their current house does surprise me, since in a recent episode both Jessa and Jill expressed interest in buying new houses (and then toured a house that Duggar Inc recently acquired), and Jessa specifically said that although she prefers smaller houses they're outgrowing their current house. But of course this episode was filmed prior to their officially coming to own the house if it transferred in late June. 

3 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

J&B purchasing(ish) their current house does surprise me, since in a recent episode both Jessa and Jill expressed interest in buying new houses (and then toured a house that Duggar Inc recently acquired), and Jessa specifically said that although she prefers smaller houses they're outgrowing their current house. But of course this episode was filmed prior to their officially coming to own the house if it transferred in late June. 

Given that they have the means I'm operating under the assumption that B&J will lease out their current house when they move to a larger home. It's also worth remembering that Jessa grew up in a very small house for many years so she is probably less hesitant about packing lots of kids into one room then we might be. 

Im extremely curious about what might happen to tth when JB&M are done with it. I can't imagine there is much resale value on it so I can only assume that it will be passed on to Joshley?

Very mysterious. Well, sort of. I really can't believe Benessa will stay in a small house. When JinJer have a larger one. JMO of course. Ho ho

The main difference is:  Jinger bought a house with Jeremy, without help from Duggar Empire (presumably/hopefully) in another town/state. It was never (presumably) owned by the Duggar Empire.

Jessa/Ben moved into a Duggar-owned house and probably paid nothing for it in June (or $1) even though the value showed as $100K on the "unvalid" transfer. Why she's jealous of Jinger/Jeremy having a mortgage is beyond me. Unless she's tired of being "owned" by the Duggar Brand, while Jinger is creating a whole new brand of her own.

Jill/Derick moved into a Duggar-owned house.

Archived