IGNORED

Duggar Real Estate 1

Taylurker

I thought it was high time to make a thread about the Duggars' properties. I spoke to a mod beforehand and they said it's okay as long as we don't make a list of addresses.

So I was browsing around and noticed that Jason and Jim Bob own a house together in Prairie Grove, which is what prompted me to want to make the thread. Jim Bob is listed as James Duggar. On the deed, it states that James is a married man, therefore making James = Jim Bob. I find this curious, as Jason just turned 17. The house was bought on 12-21-16. It seems like they plan to flip it, but I wonder if Jason plans to live in it one day? And I think the house might have a survivorship deed.

Also, I can't find any evidence of the older brothers owning a house. JD used to own the Stoney Brook house and the commercial property  (self-storage units) next to it. He still owns the comm property, but the house was sold in 2015.

Other things I've noticed are that Grandma Mary's ice cream shop is in the trust's name, Jana owns a commercial property, Mary owns a few properties here and there, the Duggars own a patch of land with I believe a creek running through it, and they have both a trust and an LLC.

I assume that they have a fair number of properties in both Washington and Benton counties rented out (and perhaps other counties as well). They also have a great deal of acreage at Arbor Acres, but we already knew that.

Feel free to discuss. There's a lot that I didn't mention here, but I just wanted to start a conversation.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mentioned Jason and Jim Bob buying the house a while back on the Duggar Family Blog. They claimed it was his investment, but I assume it had to do with some financial shenanigans JB cooked up. 

I think Jana owns the property that used to be tattoo parlor in name only. Same with Jason and the house at Prairie Grove.

Maybe, but I doubt they own the properties in their names for show. Jana and JD's property deeds do not list anyone else, not even "et al". Jason and JB jointly own the Prairie Grove property. Why not Joseph or Josiah instead? Maybe they don't really have anything to do with running or fixing up the places, but they must own them for a reason.

Do you guys think it's interesting that Mary passed on her business to her son? Or do you think that Amy (Deanna's daughter) is listed as a beneficiary of the trust since she's JB's only niece (with no nephews)? Or maybe I am wrong about how Revocable Living Trusts work.

I'm definitely interested in the direction that JB and Michelle will go with their property and all 19 kids. I think we're just now seeing it unfold.  And I think it's peculiar that none of the married children own anything that we know of, but some of the unmarried ones do.

As far as finances go, they're paying higher taxes on any home that is not their primary residence, so there's that.

Funny enough I saw a unique property advertised on my Facebook earlier today. It was a block of 4 houses close together. Only problem is it is in Washington state a little far for the Duggars.

I think none of the marrieds own property because, thus far, they consist of smuggar and females. the hubbys are expected to either provide for the daughters or live off of JBs support, i suppose. and smuggar has probably lost his rights to property under JB's eyes

Smuggar is living in the Siloam Springs house that he purchased in the spring before Joshgate I. It was put into a trust, but the trustee is not named in the county documents, just the lawyer (I think it's Chad Gallagher). Smuggar is living in the house now. I think it's safe to say that he's the trustee on that trust, and that the house belongs to him. 

There was some speculation that the house was put into a trust so that Josh would have no assets in case of a law suit.

I think that's exactly what happened, especially given the timing of the trust being set up right after he was sent to Jesus Jail. JB met up with Gallagher, drew up a boilerplate trust to protect Josh's assets. I imagine even after buying the house that he still had a nice bank account, thanks to TLC...FRC probably paid the rent in DC. They just had to overnight the document to Josh to sign and voila! all locked up neat and tidy. 

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

I think that's exactly what happened, especially given the timing of the trust being set up right after he was sent to Jesus Jail. JB met up with Gallagher, drew up a boilerplate trust to protect Josh's assets. I imagine even after buying the house that he still had a nice bank account, thanks to TLC...FRC probably paid the rent in DC. They just had to overnight the document to Josh to sign and voila! all locked up neat and tidy. 

I'm Canadian so don't know the laws in the US regarding this kind of thing, but in Canada you can't move assets around like that to avoid having to pay out a possible legal settlement.  I used to work for a mortgage company who frequently went after people's assets when they went into arrears.

I'm not surprised that Jason co owns a house or property now since Jana does.  I believe Jason is one of her brother-children com the old buddy teams.  

3 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm Canadian so don't know the laws in the US regarding this kind of thing, but in Canada you can't move assets around like that to avoid having to pay out a possible legal settlement.  I used to work for a mortgage company who frequently went after people's assets when they went into arrears.

They could do the same in the US at least in the states where I have lived. 

J-B is stupid but astute. His properties will be tied up with a steel binder. He is not going to let the government have a penny extra above the legal taxes.

Judging from his conversation with Jeremy pre-wedding, his aim is to have as many of his children + descendants living as close to the TTH as possible. Jinger has escaped because Jeremy has a brain and parents ( IMO) who are sensible and won't allow their son to bow down to J-B the great.

Joshly has blown his chance. He is irrevocably under the great thumb of J-B.

So are Dwreck and Jill, their descendants also Ben and Jessa. 

Two daughters out of three isn't bad. It's to early to know about Austin and Joy yet so I haven't counted them.

The question is how long will Boobchelle wait to have property in the super special snowflake Josie's name? 

Interesting that JD sold the house. Guess he's not planning to move out of the tth any time soon. 

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Judging from his conversation with Jeremy pre-wedding, his aim is to have as many of his children + descendants living as close to the TTH as possible. Jinger has escaped because Jeremy has a brain and parents ( IMO) who are sensible and won't allow their son to bow down to J-B the great.

He really want to found a clan dosen't He? And even more a cult about him. I can't stand him and i really hope that also Joy could escape, in her case specific i hope due and Austin dosen't live next to his parents too since he's after seems to be even crepier than JB 

On 6/3/2017 at 3:08 PM, Taylurker said:

Also, I can't find any evidence of the older brothers owning a house. JD used to own the Stoney Brook house and the commercial property  (self-storage units) next to it. He still owns the comm property, but the house was sold in 2015.

Actually, the house that sold in 2015 was the one that Jill and Derick were living in. JD's house is on the commercial property that's still in his name. If you pull up the property on the ARcountydata site and go to improvements, you can scroll down past the self-storage building to see the house.

Is JD deriving income from his property?

If not, he should get it together-

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

Actually, the house that sold in 2015 was the one that Jill and Derick were living in. JD's house is on the commercial property that's still in his name. If you pull up the property on the ARcountydata site and go to improvements, you can scroll down past the self-storage building to see the house.

Ohhh, I see. I was mixing the two up. My bad. So JD does still own a home.

I also found that Austin owns a home in Elkins.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is JD deriving income from his property?

If not, he should get it together-

There appears to be a middle aged couple living at the house on the property. The self-storage doesn't appear to be active, but maybe the couple living in the house are renting the storage facility too?

2 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

Ohhh, I see. I was mixing the two up. My bad. So JD does still own a home.

I also found that Austin owns a home in Elkins.

He may be flipping that house. I want to say he flips houses either as his main job or as a side venture. He and Joy have stated they plan to build a home halfway between their parents' homes. Or they might live there while building their own home and then flip it afterwards.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

He may be flipping that house. I want to say he flips houses either as his main job or as a side venture. He and Joy have stated they plan to build a home halfway between their parents' homes. Or they might live there while building their own home and then flip it afterwards.

Hmm, I see. I actually saw that it appears the Duggars have built a home on another property, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'm not sure where Austin's parents live, however.

Just now, VelociRapture said:

Elkins is roughly halfway between the two sets of parents, roughly a 30 minute drive in each direction.

What about Joe?

I'm betting he owns a dwelling somewhere.

What about that building that JB was recently renovating?

Archived