IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

@Breaking GoodBen posting these things and "growing" as a person, that is why fundies don't educate their kids.  he's starting to think for himself and going out opening his eyes and seeing hey, this isn't so bad.  I hope he can rub off on Jessa, and Jessa can on her sisters & Brothers.  Ben may be a sleeper in the SIL dept, and I'm still holding out  a bit of hope for Joy & Austin. I'm  just hoping that both being raised in that horrible way will make them say that they won't do things that way.  I hated the way I was raised and so did my husband, we became the parents we wished we had, and raised 2 amazing kids, it can be done. I don't think there will be a "coming out" of any kid sinful sexuality preferences, or big bomb shells like that, I think it will be more of a subtle fade away while still playing the game to a degree.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ac0234b0fad315dcdd4e88bed6bb4eb6.png

Basic white girls strive to be cool but I don't think they will ever obtain Spurgeon Seewald chilled out eating Ritz level of cool! 🤣

That kid is just ridiculously cute. I can almost forgive the name. Maybe that's FSM's way of making up for it .

28 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Basic white girls strive to be cool but I don't think they will ever obtain Spurgeon Seewald chilled out eating Ritz level of cool!

He has made fetch happen

He is too gorgeous, he had to have a name like Spurgeon. As my grandma always said...God doesn't give with both hands. I do always enjoy his pictures and videos though he seems to have a cute personality and a lot of it  too.

Oh god. Spurgeon is the cutest damn thing I have ever seen. Those curls kill me.

As for coffee, I have been known to order a "caramel mocha bullshit" because I can't handle drinking coffee unless it's pretending to be a dessert. I do have mixed feelings about the "basic bitch" term though. On the one hand, people can enjoy whatever they like and that's perfectly valid. On the other hand, it bugs me when people think they're special for doing yoga. Stop trying to convince me to try yoga Cathy, I won't join your Facebook group :roll:

@allthegoodnamesrgone I assume so... It would make sense that limiting ones education would limit their ability to make a choice you don't agree with. Sometimes I also wonder if people with abusive/controlling personalities are attracted to fundamentalism. It justifies their behavior in a way. I could see Jimbob being controlling or manipulative without religion.

I think if I tried to be that cool in the local Tesco, I'd be thrown out! 

Spurgeon is setting some serious #chillgoals

@MadeItOutBeryl Cook! Her ladies are absolutely brilliant - out there and proud!

He has clean feet! Jessa must read here, dirty feet and barefoot are all we talk about at the moment. 

@allthegoodnamesrgone personally i have no hope for Joy for the next few years. She used to say only 1-2 kids for me! But now, they "can't wait to start a family" which I know they all say, but Joy sounds genuine.  I think they'll have 4 kids in no-time. My hope actually is still with Jeremy and Jinger, I really think they are waiting on the kids front. 

I hadn't heard about these! I'll give it some thought - it could be useful. Thanks!

Ah. Thanks for explaining. At her last appointment her pediatrician gave us the ok to give her anything other than honey and cow's milk - as long as it's puréed or a very smooth consistency. She's doing great with the purées for now (at least the fruits), so maybe I'll hold off on BLW for now and just keep giving her little pieces of very soft foods.

I do self modfied BLW. My boys will be 9 months next week. I just feed htem small pieces starting very early. First food was chunky avocado and runny egg yolk. Now they eat anything except for honey, cow milk (they eat cheese and yogurt and kefir) and seafood like shrimp which is next on my list. For dinner yesterday they had - saurekraut, pulled pork, potatoes, strawberries and papaya. I put some on their tray but also hand feed them usually without spoon, as they still practice their pincer grasp but at the same time they are fed.

I do self modfied BLW. My boys will be 9 months next week. I just feed htem small pieces starting very early. First food was chunky avocado and runny egg yolk. Now they eat anything except for honey, cow milk (they eat cheese and yogurt and kefir) and seafood like shrimp which is next on my list. For dinner yesterday they had - saurekraut, pulled pork, potatoes, strawberries and papaya. I put some on their tray but also hand feed them usually without spoon, as they still practice their pincer grasp but at the same time they are fed.

Thanks! I got some of the mesh feeders mentioned earlier (I think by @Jana814.) I'm going to give those a try and see how she does with it. At the very least it might safely introduce her to the concept of "chewing" her food. I figure we'll try introducing finger foods later this summer - but we'll likely go with a modified approach as well.

I did make a small batch of blueberry purée yesterday. I have pears that I'm going to purée soon too. And I think I'll run to a local orchard today and see about getting some local produce to purée as well. 

VelociRapture - try making it chunkier, and start with that. My boys don't exactly chew. They suckle on the meat and other items. Meat is their favorite by the way. I am holding out grains - both wheat, rice, and beans until they turn 1. 

At this age, their gag reflex is further from the throat then when they are older. So they will gag, but the food was not close to their throat. So if you start your little one earlier, she will get used to the consistency. The number one rule however is that she has to comfortably seat straight in the high chair.

I started my daughter out on purees a little before 5 months and started finger foods about a month later. I hadn't exactly planned to have her start finger foods that early but I gave her a big chunk of banana to hold one day and she eagerly gummed the whole thing. She has finger foods 3 times a day now at 9 months, her favorites are broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, salmon, and raspberries. I do give her a little bit of chunky mixed foods as well. She really loves quinoa mixed with mangos and carrots, and she can actually eat that with her fingers too because it's so chunky. She seems to really love the independence of feeding herself. I have to say, making her food and watching her explore and enjoy new things has been one of my favorite things so far. After all of the snuggles, of course!

@VelociRapture check out babyfoode.com. I got a lot of great ideas for making baby food from there.

As for coffee, I have been known to order a "caramel mocha bullshit" because I can't handle drinking coffee unless it's pretending to be a dessert. I

That made me think of Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm when he ordered a "vanilla bullshit" at the coffee shop. 

I enjoy fun flavored coffees, but most of the time I'm fine with just milk and sugar. I heard cold brew is easier to tolerate with no sugar, but not for this gal. Conversely, I do like my teas unsweetened, except for black tea. A little milk/cream and honey are a must for me to drink it. 

The "basic" conversation made me think of this post I saw once.

4q0wPG7.png

It's true, in our culture there's just no way for a woman to win.

12 hours ago, sawasdee said:

@MadeItOutBeryl Cook! Her ladies are absolutely brilliant - out there and proud!

That's the badger!

I want to be one of those ladies eventually. - I already have the classic, seaside rolly-polly thing going on...

So I don't want to admit this but when I first saw that image of boob and the baby, I didn't realize who the baby was and I thought maybe it was a little girl... Then I remembered that it didn't have a bow so it couldn't have been a little girl. Whew! It was close, y'all.

All this talk of weaning makes me so sad I can't remember the title of a very awesome recipe book I used to have. - it was something like family dinner. I've a feeling it was a Dorling Kingsley. It was A3 portrait and had a yellow border to the cover. It was awesome as the premises was that you cook one recipe for the whole family and it marked the pause points in the prep where you would take some and put to one side for each of the weaning stages, then different degrees of skill for kids, then Mum and dad's version. - Not new knowledge by a long chalk, but it was wonderful to have in fuged babybrain  moments.

32 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

All this talk of weaning makes me so sad I can't remember the title of a very awesome recipe book I used to have. - it was something like family dinner. I've a feeling it was a Dorling Kingsley. 

It doesn't have a yellow border but could it be The Family Kitchen Cookbook

53 minutes ago, Pasta said:

So I don't want to admit this but when I first saw that image of boob and the baby, I didn't realize who the baby was and I thought maybe it was a little girl... Then I remembered that it didn't have a bow so it couldn't have been a little girl. Whew! It was close, y'all.

I thought so too! I dressed my now 2 year old daughter in a lot of gender neutral onesies when she was 0-3mos old, like yellow and green so that I could reuse them again if I had a boy (and I did). People always thought she was a boy, even with the bow hairclips and pigtails. My son was always mistaken for a girl before his first haircut, even though I never put hairclips or pigtails on him. The chevrons made me think that was a girl outfit, and the dumb thing about that is that I just bought some chevron print cloth diapers for my son because it looks gender neutral. :irony:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived