IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@The Wanderer,  once you go black, you'll never go back.   I like my coffee black, too.  I did take milk in my coffee when I was tiny (which was maybe I was given coffee as a toddler) , but then took only sugar for a few years. I have taken it black since college or before.  Yep, I've been drinking coffee for about 61 years. 

I didn't read the article but I really appreciate Ben's passion for overcoming racism. He's really growing as a person.

Untitled.png

@Carm_88 jessa and Ben do make some adorable boys... I think while Spurg is a gorgeous child Henry is super cute in his own way. At least they don't all look like clones like the duggar kids it was a little weird when they were little. Although I think the matching outfits made it stand out more.

They are super cute!!

Also I read the article Ben shared cause I got a little nervous but it was actually well written, one or two times it was like kind of playing "I Don't see color" but I still thought pretty solid.

29 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

They are super cute!!

Also I read the article Ben shared cause I got a little nervous but it was actually well written, one or two times it was like kind of playing "I Don't see color" but I still thought pretty solid.

A pretty solid article. It's nice to see Ben reaching out and trying to understand the world around him. I keep forgetting just how young he is and that he isn't exactly set in who he is yet. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

A pretty solid article. It's nice to see Ben reaching out and trying to understand the world around him. I keep forgetting just how young he is and that he isn't exactly set in who he is yet. 

He does surprise and make me go hmmm every now and then in the fact that he's more open minded than his in laws

On 6/10/2017 at 8:00 PM, VelociRapture said:

Your kid was able to eat hamburger at 6 months?! 

IMG_7977.PNG.52ab7150d6efe80afbc3aa6c787f0d63.PNG

:pb_lol:

But seriously. My daughter is 6 months and just cut her first two teeth. So she's going to be on purées for a while.

I have a video of my son eat steak at 6 months with no teeth :)

(Baby led weaning, it's the bomb, no purees)

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@The Wanderer,  once you go black, you'll never go back.   I like my coffee black, too.  I did take milk in my coffee when I was tiny (which was maybe I was given coffee as a toddler) , but then took only sugar for a few years. I have taken it black since college or before.  Yep, I've been drinking coffee for about 61 years. 

Just no, can't do it. I've been drinking coffee since I was 16, 46 years now. Love the stuff. When my body wouldn't let me drink it during pregnancy (couldn't even stand the smell), I thought I would die. Have not ever, will not ever drink it black, I ain't brave enough! Colombian is my favorite. 

You do know that once you go black saying is a sexual reference, don't you? Haha, it's ok.

@SilverBeach The smell of coffee made me throw up too when I was pregnant. I drink mostly tea now, except when I'm out. A cup of hot water (not boiling) with a tea bag on the side is not my idea of tea.

But @Bad Wolf Aren't you originally a Brit? Tea is sacred - pot to kettle, not kettle to pot is one of the first things I learnt in the kitchen.:my_biggrin: (Water has to be boiling as added to tea)

15 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

But @Bad Wolf Aren't you originally a Brit? Tea is sacred - pot to kettle, not kettle to pot is one of the first things I learnt in the kitchen.:my_biggrin:

Still am a Brit, even though I've been here since 1966. Introduced Mr. Wolf to tea, and he's more addicted than I am. We always use a teapot. I take a teapot camping and keep my tea bags in a Harrod's tea tin. The first thing we do when we get to the camp site after setting up, is make a cup of tea. We have a pop up trailer now, because we're getting old, and it's good to have a built in loo, but we always did the tea first thing, even when we tent camped.

Re-watching Foyle's War, and we always laugh when the answer to problems is to have a cup of tea.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Still am a Brit, even though I've been here since 1966. Introduced Mr. Wolf to tea, and he's more addicted than I am. We always use a teapot. I take a teapot camping and keep my tea bags in a Harrod's tea tin. The first thing we do when we get to the camp site after setting up, is make a cup of tea. We have a pop up trailer now, because we're getting old, and it's good to have a built in loo, but we always did the tea first thing, even when we tent camped.

Re-watching Foyle's War, and we always laugh when the answer to problems is to have a cup of tea.

My hub only uses tea bags under duress. We buy loose-leaf tea in the Indian section of our local "international foods" store. He gets Brit stuff, I get German stuff:  we're both happy.

@SilverBeach, I do know that "Once you go black, you'll never go back" was originally sexual in nature.  It's said now about intimate partners, clothes and coffee. 

22 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Ugh, yes. 

It really feels sometimes like women can't win.

You like Taylor Swift, Ugg boots, and Pure Barre? You're a boring, basic bitch.

You like vintage couture, martinis, and read Vogue? You're a high maintenance princess. 

You like video games, Velvet Underground, and collect old comic books? You're a pretentious fake-geek girl who is just pretending to like those things so guys will like you. 

I'd really like to know what exactly is acceptable for those of us with vaginas to have as personal interests. Could there be some sort of referendum or mass email or something?

Dang, girl, you're eloquent!

In answer to your very good question: don't need no steenkeeng email nor referendum. 

Just be true to yourself and true to your sisters in the world. No snark and no tolerance for it, in your hearing!  

It's for each of us to stand up for who we are and for other women in their own individual journeys. Good for all you all who question this and do something about it -- and every little bit does!

@Bad Wolf I've got one of those kickass teapots that has a built in strainer - so leaf tea for me! Tea bags only in emergencies - and I can feel my mother, dead 18 years, telling me off every time I use one....it's not proper tea!

ETA She bought me my first pot with built in strainer in the UK about 25 years ago - I wish I hadn't given it away when I moved to Thailand. Took me about three years to get another one - which is why I still have tea strainers in my kitchen drawer. ( Useful for lending to friends to put icing sugar on mince pies I make for them - I don't sugar, in case they want to reheat.)

9 hours ago, karen77 said:

(Baby led weaning, it's the bomb, no purees)

It's a very intriguing concept. I have a 9 mouth old nephew I recently babysat and asked what he could eat.   First I had heard of BLW. 

Made the day easy and the baby clearly enjoys the colors, textures and variety in his diet. I have a 14 month old niece who lives on purees and it's a major chore to feed her.  Lots of airplanes, voices and peekaboo,  it's practically a circus act. 

I had a teapot with a strainer, very expensive, but a terrible pourer. I didn't use teabags until my mother did. I figured if she used them, it must be OK. 

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@SilverBeach, I do know that "Once you go black, you'll never go back" was originally sexual in nature.  It's said now about intimate partners, clothes and coffee. 

Clothes and coffee are new to me, but I do wear lots of black! One of the things I like about FJ is that it keeps me current. When it comes to sex though, that was just a stereotype. I like the clothes and coffee references better.

@Fjrocks and @karen77,  I basically did baby-lead weaning with my girls who are 36 down to 26.  I didn't spoon feed them at all.  I got interviewed by the Greenville News for my approach to starting solids.  I didn't make it up though.  I learned it from LLL and Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing.  When I heard you could avoid spoon-feeding kids cereal, I knew that was for me.

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I drink mostly tea now, except when I'm out. A cup of hot water (not boiling) with a tea bag on the side is not my idea of tea.

There's really no point in ordering hot tea in most US restaurants. After I got water for my "tea" that wasn't even as hot as our hot tap water at home on a particularly bad restaurant visit, I gave up. If I want caffeine at most places, I order iced tea.

Specialty coffee places are a little better, but for a fraction of the price, I can make a great cuppa at home. I also have more variety available at home than most places, although most of mine are tea bags. If I could find more loose leaf teas, I'd probably buy less tea bags.

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

There's really no point in ordering hot tea in most US restaurants.

Yup. And a Lipton tea bag... blech

41 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yup. And a Lipton tea bag... blech

I have dry eyes and use Lpton tea bags for my eyes.  Only thing they're good for. :)

When I lived there, Lipton Yellow tea bags were not available in the UK - but were everywhere else I ever travelled. Since they are made by the same manufacturer as PG Tips, I never understood why they exported the truly crap ones.

6 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I have dry eyes and use Lpton tea bags for my eyes.  Only thing they're good for. :)

I'm 29 and I have dry eyes, too. Started in February. Seeing another doctor at a university hospital on Friday. I drink organic green tea with fresh squeezed lemon every morning.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived