IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, nst said:

dedicated to the duggars and duggars tumblr have a picture of jessa and ben with fans and one with Jana in the back holding Henry 

just no one was spilling about the weather 

Is it possible you could retrieve the pic? I've seen various pics but not one with jana in the background holding Henry

Also, I guess the creator of 19kidsandloving Tumblr went to the event and someone asked on their page if any of the Duggars went and she said she didn't see anyone. I guess we won't know until we see a pic 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Here in US we have asinine testing standards that severely cut into teaching time, these are standardized tests that all students take and determine the funding and worthiness of a school district. Many schools teach to these tests forgoing a more rounded education, and is the reason the US is lagging so far behind other counties in math and science.  

My bachelors degree is in education. We had a 2 week all day "clinical" experience in an inter-city school. I remember there was a student in this class, which was an 8th grade history class, that was pregnant. This school was desperate for federal and state funding. 

This course was in January. I found out what their curriculum was for the entire year. In the fall, they did the Constitution test which is a state requirement. I cant remember exactly what they were going over while I was there. I just remember what they were going to be going over in a few weeks. They were going to stop teaching history so they could have an additional english class to get them prepared for the test. 

I went to school myself about 25 minutes away in one of the better school districts in my area. 6 years prior I had an amazing history course. I didn't spend my entire year learning about the constitution and English like the kids in my class did. 

I'm a couple pages back so chance are someone else has said something along the same lines with homeschool vs public vs private schools. But I just want to put out my stance on the subject.

My only issue I have with home schooling comes down to regulation and testing. I personally feel that there should be some type of regular testing to make sure a child is keeping with their peers. It does not have to be testing along the lines of standardized testing just some type testing that occurs either every two years or where the student would fall in traditional schooling when state testing occurs. I know that a majority of states has an option where the child does it ever have to be tested if a parent decides to opt-out (although I know there some blur lines with that an GEDs requirements). I feel that by States not having a hard requirement does do a disservice to the child. Plus by having a regular requirement would at least create a way to create a chance for the child(ren) to have even the slightest bit to monitored for abuse.

so according to pickles Jessa discussed clothing - big surprise :D

Legalism can bind consciousness of younger who are immature believers in following us, instead of being led by Christ,” Jessa said.

she wants to send people to christ ? through clothes 

and she went on and on about the show fixer upper

They got this tube and dead person on the inside. They got a really nice coat of paint, you know if you have been watching Fixer Upper, everything that goes on rear piers, the in thing, they take this for rear pier and they paint the outside. It looks really great on the outside but Jesus said inwardly you are full of dead men’s bones.”...

so apparently she won't be invited back to Magnolia bakery 

Subsequently, the Duggar sisters, mainly Jessa, received flak for being bound to Duggar norms despite being married when marriage arguably “freed” one of the sisters. The fan comparisons did not stop there. Since Jinger had not announced a pregnancy soon after her wedding, critics and many fans questioned Jill and Jessa’s decisions to become pregnant within a year of their weddings. It is yet to be ascertained if Jessa discussed Jinger’s choices with excited fans during the event.

I wonder who flaked her for being bound - certainly it isn't us - (ok it is) me espeically.....They may be married but they aren't free no matter what they think.  

The only reason Jill and Jessa got pregnant so fast is because of the brand....whereas Jinger doesn't have to because she is protected by Jessa the Brand queen....

Jessa Duggar’s Ohio talk also comes on the heels of another speaking engagement her husband Ben Seewald attended in Texas. The Counting On couple had interacted with fans then, and one of them shared Ben’s talk in a Facebook post while claiming that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s daughter plans to have a family as large as that of her parents!

I guess I am the Perfect Heathen. What the hell is Jessa talking about? And what the hell is she saying about Chip and Joanna Gaines and tubes and dead bones. 

Does anybody understand this crap she doth spew?

18 minutes ago, nst said:

They got this tube and dead person on the inside. They got a really nice coat of paint, you know if you have been watching Fixer Upper, everything that goes on rear piers, the in thing, they take this for rear pier and they paint the outside. It looks really great on the outside but Jesus said inwardly you are full of dead men’s bones.”...

What in the actual hell is this supposed to mean?

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I guess I am the Perfect Heathen. What the hell is Jessa talking about? And what the hell is she saying about Chip and Joanna Gaines and tubes and dead bones. 

Does anybody understand this crap she doth spew?

I think she is saying that outside appearances and using a popular show so she seems relatable you have to look inside the house opposed to outside the house because inside the house is already ok and the outside house needs to be gutted like her siblings ? 

With Jessa reading between the lines is key 

that or she wants to run away and become the next fixer upper and is jealous they got the cover of People magazine this week 

Dead bones represents her brother and the tubes relates to Fallopian tubes and how she has children 

@2manyKidzzz,  I don't know what the hell Jessa's talking about either! What in the world are rear piers?  Does she mean repairs?  Sheesh....SOTDT strikes again! 

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@2manyKidzzz,  I don't know what the hell Jessa's talking about either! What in the world are rear piers?  Does she mean repairs? 

perhaps rear piers - are some type of Pier 1 imports 

7 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@2manyKidzzz,  I don't know what the hell Jessa's talking about either! What in the world are rear piers?  Does she mean repairs?  Sheesh....SOTDT strikes again! 

Well, I watch a lot of HGTV and piers are put in when a house has an unstable foundation......somehow under the house. Post stuck in the ground....I think.

You learn a lot watching TeeVee. Ha.

12 minutes ago, nst said:

I think she is saying that outside appearances and using a popular show so she seems relatable you have to look inside the house opposed to outside the house because inside the house is already ok and the outside house needs to be gutted like her siblings ? 

With Jessa reading between the lines is key 

that or she wants to run away and become the next fixer upper and is jealous they got the cover of People magazine this week 

Dead bones represents her brother and the tubes relates to Fallopian tubes and how she has children 

Jessa is cray cray. 

And I want to know what Bin does for "work". I mean, how many toilets does Boob have for him to clean. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, I watch a lot of HGTV and piers are put in when a house has an unstable foundation......somehow under the house. Post stuck in the ground....I think.

Jessa is cray cray. 

I have HGTV on right now!!! 

I think Jessa wants to branch out and bake or least visit the Gaines and pretend to work 

Ben studies for his ministry life - and crushes insects on toilets 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't understand what Jessa was saying. :confusion-confused:

I can't really fault Jessa for having someone else mind her kids while she signs books, which she's (presumably) paid to do.  Authors with kids do this all the time, it's just standard practice, whether it's an award-winning literary genius, or any schmuck who's managed to get a book deal.  My issue is that these things are so clearly "work outside the home", that the Duggars banging on about women not working is just hypocrisy. 

But that's the way Jessa was raised, right?  Being dragged along to conferences and events Michelle was speaking at until she was old enough to be sent out to work herself.  I'm sure the Duggars, like other hypocritical Fundies, will say "Oh, but it's Ministry, so it doesn't count as "work", even though I'm getting a paycheck", but it pisses me off that they'll look askance at women who have to go out to work to make a living, but their work is super-special and doesn't count.

I don't fully understand what Jessa was trying to say, but I'm pretty sure "rear piers" is just a transcription error, and she really said repairs.

17 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I don't fully understand what Jessa was trying to say, but I'm pretty sure "rear piers" is just a transcription error, and she really said repairs.

I don't understand at all, that was a garbled mess.

My best guess? She was using a popular HGTV show she enjoys to try and make a metaphor - you can have a beautiful building, but if the bones aren't good (or it's literally hiding bones) then the whole thing is rotten. Meaning, you can appear to be a dutiful Christian, but if you're heart isn't true or you're hiding skeletons in your prayer closest (literally or metaphorically) then it's all a big sham.

I'd point out how hilariously accurate this is about her own family, but it's kind of obvious.

Jessa is referring to Matthew 23:27: "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean." (NIV)

So basically, slapping on shiplap won't put you right with Jesus.

ETA: "Tube" = tomb.

Reading her statement and comparing/contrasting it with the eloquent Father's Day message to Bin... I'm having a hard time believing (especially now!) that the FD message was actually written by Jessa. And here's me, the one who gave her props for knowing how to use a plural possessive. Shit.

7 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Reading her statement and comparing/contrasting it with the eloquent Father's Day message to Bin... I'm having a hard time believing (especially now!) that the FD message was actually written by Jessa. And here's me, the one who gave her props for knowing how to use a plural possessive. Shit.

It crossed my mind that she wrote the Father's Day message and Ben wrote this. I think it sounds like him and I bet he thinks as the "spiritual leader" of the house he should write that type of thing.

2 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

It crossed my mind that she wrote the Father's Day message and Ben wrote this. I think it sounds like him and I bet he thinks as the "spiritual leader" of the house he should w

I am in full agreement with you. She did not write this speech by herself.  These comparisons about the whitewashed tomb with dead men's bones inside, and being clothed in Christ are from Ben's studies. No wisdom book or Gothard teaching puts these passages in line with modesty.

I find the choice of scripture ironic because all the verses before and after refer to Christians who Are hypocrites who worry about outside appearances but don't look inward at their own greed and lusts.

it is a very very strong passage that I will paraphrase lightly. 

In the Message translation it goes like this:  instead of giving you God's law that will feed and nourish you and give you life, they laden you down with rules and regulations that weigh you down like a pack animal. They take pleasure in watching you suffer but don't help.  " Their lives are perpetual fashion shows, embroidered prayer shawls one day, and flowery prayers the next. they love to sit at the head table at church dinners, basking in the most prominent positions, preening in the radiance of public flattery, receiving honorary degrees, and getting called Dr. Or reverend.  ( hence any Duggar who calls themselves something they are not qualified for)

Theverses Jesus refers to starts with Woe. It is a strong word associated with warning or judgment. It is used for extreme emotions such as grief , anger or regret.

It tells people if they are going to continue going on a current path then they will encounter Gods wrath.

The utter irony that this is the area of scripture they quote and yet cannot fathom that they themselves are all these things!!

15 WOE to you teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are"

Ironically the scripture about modesty did not refer to any sexualized content of clothing at all. It referred to the rich elite women of Corinth showing up at church with the latest clothing and gawdy outfits trying to outdo one another!  It was not a reference to showing knees, arms , shoulders or boobs at all!!! Paul was saying tone it down women , wear modest not showy clothing to church, that is not what church is about.

So here Jessa is talking about something with a totally wrong understanding of the passage about modesty.  And she herself stands up as a teacher, meanwhile as vain as greedy as ever bringing these people to believe in the legalism of Gothardism rules of dress. She comes against legalism but can't see her own regarding skirts and dresses and any of the teachings she was brought up with. Gothardism is legalistic doctrine . 

She uses the scripture about being clothed in Christ, which has nothing to do with clothing.  Ironically again she misinterpreted the passage. Which talks about not being covered by the Moises law but freedom in Christ. Not being caught up in legalism.

i will end with this verse. 

28: in the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

i am sorry for the rant but when I heard her talk and read all the scriptures above and below the ones she chose my jaw dropped to the floor. The fact that she cannot see herself in these scriptures is the worst form of hypocrisy.  Wow  to you Jessa . Woe to you. I hope that 15 thousand dollars you received for teaching feels good in your hot little hand, because I would not want to be you after reading these scriptures.

True Jesben, putting long, curly hair and a sweet, precious countenance  does not take away the sins of the son or the deceptive behaviors of the parents.

Poor foundation, indeed.

"Legalism can bind consciousness of younger who are immature believers in following us, instead of being led by Christ."

When Jessa says " following us" does she mean younger, immature people watch,"Counting On" as a substitute for church? In the wise words of Rick (from "Rick and Morty"), "Whoa Morty, don't hurt your arm jerking yourself off too much there." :pb_rollseyes:

"They got this tube and dead person on the inside. They got a really nice coat of paint, you know if you have been watching Fixer Upper, everything that goes on rear piers, the in thing, they take this for rear pier and they paint the outside. It looks really great on the outside but Jesus said inwardly you are full of dead men’s bones..." 

Jessa sounds just like my friends and I do when we've done too many bong rips to follow a train of thought to completion, but still believe we're sober enough to wax philosphy. :pb_lol:

9 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

"Legalism can bind consciousness of younger who are immature believers in following us, instead of being led by Christ."

When Jessa says " following us" does she mean younger, immature people watch,"Counting On" as a substitute for church? In the wise words of Rick (from "Rick and Morty"), "Whoa Morty, don't hurt your arm jerking yourself off too much there." :pb_rollseyes:

"Ooooh, somebody's gonna get laid in college" :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jessa is referring to Matthew 23:27: "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean." (NIV)

So basically, slapping on shiplap won't put you right with Jesus.

ETA: "Tube" = tomb.

Do you also read hieroglyphics?  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived