IGNORED

In which Jordan Niednagel rebukes the flat-earthers for making Xtians look stupid

hoipolloi

Even the great Jordanyo has his limits, it appears:

In short, the flat earth model is absurd. A globe earth has been around for over 2,000 years, believed by Christians and non-Christians alike long before the big bang theory was a glimmer in anyone's eye. In fact, the current president of the Flat Earth Society, Daniel Shenton, is an evolutionist. The fact they believe thousands of government ships are somehow guarding the outskirts of the planet is just ... beyond me. Please, fellow believers, let us suffer for doing and believing what is right and not for what is wrong.

I don't get it.  Is believing in evolution better or worse then believing in a flat earth?

A completely pointless and needlessly catty debate between Jordan Niednagel and Jen Fishburne would be my idea of a good time. (I know: sad.) 

A globe earth has been around for over 2,000 years, believed by Christians and non-Christians alike long before the big bang theory was a glimmer in anyone's eye.

I've dying here, because hell no!  just wiki Galileo, Jordan! Other cultures may have known, but the flat earth thing is very definitely Christianist.

what I found hilarious is that they are rebuking flat earthers but believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and in a literal 6 day creation whcih is no more scientific than being a flat earther. Both deny all of the major science fields and any evidence to the contrary of what they think. The stupid burns with these people when you consider that they homeschool.

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

A completely pointless and needlessly catty debate between Jordan Niednagel and Jen Fishburne would be my idea of a good time. (I know: sad.) 

Yes, it would be fabulous, but would Jordan debate a woman?  Even a snippy interaction flinging bible fu would do it for me. 

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

Both deny all of the major science fields and any evidence to the contrary of what they think. The stupid burns with these people when you consider that they homeschool.

Yes, and they're anti-vax, pro-essential oils, and brag about their SODRTD education being better than that of any MD or PhD.

What a bunch of idiots.

3 hours ago, teachergirl said:

what I found hilarious is that they are rebuking flat earthers but believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and in a literal 6 day creation whcih is no more scientific than being a flat earther.

I don't understand how someone can believe in certain commonly accepted facts of a field but reject other major ones. It's honestly easier to see why some people refute all science. 

Creationists like debunking the flat earth myth ;)

On 6/2/2017 at 8:58 PM, hoipolloi said:

Yes, and they're anti-vax, pro-essential oils, and brag about their SODRTD education being better than that of any MD or PhD.

What a bunch of idiots.

Gotta remember this is the same dude that had a Robin Hood wedding theme. I really owe him an apology because I thought he was gay. It's been 5 years and I'm still shocked Melissa Thomas married the dude. Cute kids and everyone looks happy ALL the freakin time. 

OK, here's something annoying, really really annoying -- scratching noise on a chalkboard annoying:  Evidences

Evidence never takes an 's' to form a plural, AFAIK, at least in academic writing. 

Oh, and these guys are nincompoops.   And they're quoting Stephen Jay Gould to legitimize their argument?  What the heck?

It's hard to say "Flat Earth Myth" correctly multiple times.

10 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I really owe him an apology because I thought he was gay.

No apologies for Jordan until HE apologizes for being such a fucking douchebag and asshat. 

10 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Cute kids and everyone looks happy ALL the freakin time. 

Money will do that for you.

Reminds me of the old Playtex bra commercials -- no visible means of support.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:28 PM, teachergirl said:

Both deny all of the major science fields and any evidence to the contrary of what they think. The stupid burns with these people when you consider that they homeschool.

This is what Gothard taught on why not to trust science, especially medical science. Yes, this is what thousands of little children were taught. This is from WB 54. 

Why is it impossible for medical science to speak with authority in our day? The medical science of our day relies on research which is based almost exclusively on probability. Researchers rely upon a hypothetical, standardized curve to describe the chances that their conclusions are right or wrong. The researchers' use of the bell  shaped curve in measuring results  implies that nothing is absolute.Instead. the curve Bell-shaped suggests that data curve is distributed around a central point, and that deviation from that central point is the normal condition. Without a firm foundation of truth , medical researchers must rely upon information collected from hundreds or thousands of individual cases and then statistically calculate probable cause and effect. This means that modern medical research is rarely conclusive. Instead of speaking with authority, researchers are limited to their statements of probability.

Because Gothard decided he's an authority, he's right?  He's definitely a legend in his own mind. 

I hate to agree with a fundie, but it is true that educated people during the period known as Christendom knew that the world was round (since the masses were illiterate, their opinions on this matter are unknown). For proof, Google pictures of very old European churches and cathedrals and look for pictures and sculptures of Christ as King and/or Judge. In these motifs, he holds a globe in his hand, and it will always be spherical, not a disc.

Archived