IGNORED

Mary Kay Letourneau’s Former Student Files for Separation

47of74

Good

http://people.com/crime/mary-kay-letourneau-separates-from-vili-fualaau/

Former schoolteacher Mary Kay Letourneau and husband Vili Fualaau, with whom she began a sexual relationship when he was her sixth-grade student in Seattle in 1996, have legally separated and a reconciliation seems unlikely, PEOPLE confirms.

“They’ve been having issues for a while now,” says a source close to the couple. “They tried to work through them, but it didn’t work. They’re still committed to being good parents to their children.”

There is no third party involved in the relationship, the source says.

Letourneau’s attorney, David Gehrke, says it was Fualaau who filed for separation.

Not really suprised the last interview segment they did it was obvious the husband wasn't happy.

This story (plus others of this nature, regardless of the sex of the adult/young adults) has always creeped me out. :brainbleach:

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Something is very wrong with her. 

Barbara Walters pandered to them, no surprise, presenting the sexual abuse as a love story between two people who would move mountains to be together. It was nauseating.

Imagine a man having an 'affair' with a thirteen year old girl. An affair!

Something is also very wrong with him, too, but maybe this separation is the beginning of him working on that.

It's been a very disturbing story from the beginning.

i wish Mr. Fualaau and his children the best.  

Mary Kay can go to hell.

I read something this morning that said he was doing it so he could get some sort of sales license that did background checks on the spouse too and he couldn't get it without filing for separation. It would explain why he didn't file for divorce. But wouldn't that be considered some sort of fraud if they're not actually separated and he's just doing it to game the system and get his license?

Mary Kay is a predator and it sickens me that she had a family with this boy. I think it is telling that her father had an affair with a student and she ended up doing the same. 

I'd say it's about time, as he didn't look very happy at all in that last interview. I've always thought the entire situation was sickening, as she was sexual predator, and he was the victim.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, season of life said:

Mary Kay is a predator and it sickens me that she had a family with this boy. I think it is telling that her father had an affair with a student and she ended up doing the same. 

And what about her kids that she had with her first marriage? I can't imagine how they must be feeling about all of this nonsense, & if they're accepting of their siblings.

On 5/31/2017 at 6:33 PM, season of life said:

Well, that's a little shocking.  I don't even want to contemplate the family dynamics that led to two generations manifesting this particular obsession. 

And of course it's weird, of course it is: 

Vili Fualaau: Separation From Letourneau Not What It Seems

(NEWSER) – Vili Fualaau says he and wife Mary Kay Letourneau are still in love, despite the fact that he recently filed for legal separation. Fualaau says he's only separating from Letourneau—who spent more than seven years in prison for having sex with Fualaau when he was her 12-year-old student and who is still a registered sex offender—to protect his business interests.

He's looking to become a licensed marijuana cigarette distributor, he tells Radar, and "when you want to get licensed, they do background checks on both parties ... I have to be licensed and I have to be vetted and so does a spouse. She has a past. She has a history." He says the couple is still in love. Meanwhile, TMZ reports that Letourneau has filed what the gossip site calls "a bizarre petition" to have her husband's separation filing dismissed.

On 5/31/2017 at 4:19 PM, CrazyLurkerLady said:

I read something this morning that said he was doing it so he could get some sort of sales license that did background checks on the spouse too and he couldn't get it without filing for separation. It would explain why he didn't file for divorce. But wouldn't that be considered some sort of fraud if they're not actually separated and he's just doing it to game the system and get his license?

Until a divorce order is signed by a judge, they're still married.  If a spouse needs to be background-checked, then a separation or even divorce proceedings won't get around that.  The paper needs to be signed making it final.

I wish I didn't find this as fascinating as I do, but every time I see this crazy bitch on TV, I find myself watching her.  Its pretty clear that she is one seriously disturbed person.  As others have surmised, Daddy issues are probably one component.   I think she idealized her ultra right wing conservative Dad (he was reportedly thrown out of the John Birch society for being too conservative), who then turned out to have a couple of secret kids on the side with one of his college students (at least she wasn't still in grade school, like Vili.)   If you have seen the part of the Barbara Walter's interviews where Barbara asks her about her Dad, Mary Kay is just beyond odd.  Mary Kay denies that there was anything to forgive her father for and acts like everything was just fine and dandy. Her answers anytime she is asked about her actions regarding Vili are also very off.  She does not see that there was ever anything wrong with what she did.  This is a grown ass woman, who had  a husband and 4 other children (besides the two she went on to have with Vili) and a teaching career and all she can do to this day  is talk as if they were star crossed lovers. WTF! The woman needed major psychiatric help and still does.  I think she might have had some level of counselling during her jail time, but IT AINT ENOUGH!  She is still delusional.

I really cannot blame Vili for any of what happened.  Even if there was something that led to him being vulnerable to predation, at the end of the day, he was a child.  He got sucked into her clutches and essentially groomed to be hers. Yes, he married her as an adult, but a traumatized adult. No wonder he has had problems over the years with things like substance abuse.   I hope he gets away from her influence and finds a happy life for himself somewhere.  He probably should get himself some good therapy to learn to deal with the confusing emotions that he must have over that whole relationship.  Among many things, he looked to me like he had quite a bit of suppressed anger in him (no wonder) based on the last interview I saw with him.

I  feel sorry for her 6 kids too.  Not an easy legacy to deal with. Her actions demonstrated to them that their needs were never important. 

Archived