IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

I think Joe will be a bashful groom. I just can't envision him being douchey like Josh was.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe cried when talking about Joshley's mistakes so that at least tells me he'll put in an effort to not be a fuck up of Smug proportions.

Unfortunately he's still got JB's genes though. 

1 hour ago, season of life said:

She turns 19 in August, I believe, and if they get married before then, she and Joy-Anna become the youngest brides to marry. If not, then Joy will still be the only teenage bride.

Whether Kendra gets married before or after her birthday she'll still be a teen bride. She'll be younger than Joy was since Joy will be 20 in about 5 months.

my prediction: They'll get married saturday Aug 12, the day after Kendra turns 19. that way her birthday celebration and the rehearsal dinner can be combined, and all the important people will already be there (I really don't think she and Joe are the type to mind sharing the spotlight, and she's probably got a pretty good oldest-child sense of practicality and thriftiness lol). Her dress will be traditional and princess-y. Her bridesmaids will include her sister and Joy and a few other friends, but nowhere near the typical 9-12 attendants we've seen at other duggar weddings - her baby sister will be the flower girl. 

another note: I assume the caldwells also homeschool? though i suppose we've never seen anything certain to indicate one way or the other. Kendra is 18, which means she LITERALLY JUST finished high school, this month, if she homeschooled on a normal "academic" schedule...that's totally insane to me....

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

her baby sister will be the flower girl. 

AND JOSIE. 

Don't forget Josie! I envision that she will  shape up to be a professional flower girl extraordinaire under Michelle's tutelage! (and shameless promotion)

Jordyn and Jennie will just sit and watch for the next 5-6 weddings.

:(

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Whether Kendra gets married before or after her birthday she'll still be a teen bride. She'll be younger than Joy was since Joy will be 20 in about 5 months.

Thank you. I was reading my comment and realized that 19 is still a teenage age! I think because it's one year away from 20 I automatically stop counting it as a teenage age, lol.

But let's all just hope none are as young as Michelle when marrying. 

17.       :my_confused:

33 minutes ago, season of life said:

Thank you. I was reading my comment and realized that 19 is still a teenage age! I think because it's one year away from 20 I automatically stop counting it as a teenage age, lol.

I just hope that teen brides don't become a theme.  People thought JInger seemed young and along come Joy and Kendra.

Where will they even live if they get married this year? Three months is not very long to find a house! I think Austin refurbished a house for him and Joy before he even proposed. Maybe they will live in the mysterious tree house. 

And unless Jana gets married, Its going to be Duggar boy weddings from here on out while we wait for Johanna to get old enough. 

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I feel Joe's wedding will be much different then Josh's.

Verrrrry curious to see how much TLC will spend on a Duggar son. 

58 minutes ago, season of life said:

What's even more disturbing is that the brain is still in adolescent state until age 25.  These people are literally children; and when you throw into the mix the fact that they've had no education outside of religious indoctrination at home/church, as well as no independent life experiences,  it's really scary to think they're getting married and starting families.    

Who do we think Joe will choose as best man? Not his royal smugness. Is he close to any of his other brothers?

Or maybe he'll pull a Michaela Bates and choose Boob as his BM. 

16 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Who do we think Joe will choose as best man? Not his royal smugness. Is he close to any of his other brothers?

I think he is close to JD and Josiah do probably one of them. 

1 hour ago, Jessalyn said:

Where will they even live if they get married this year? Three months is not very long to find a house! I think Austin refurbished a house for him and Joy before he even proposed. Maybe they will live in the mysterious tree house. 

And unless Jana gets married, Its going to be Duggar boy weddings from here on out while we wait for Johanna to get old enough. 

Joe probably owns or has fixed up properties Duggar-style, just like JD has a house, and i believe we've heard of Jason and one or both of the twins buying a house as well....also, if Benessa buy their own larger home, the tiny house will be available. I think Joe will have JD as his best man! (note: any time i see an FJ poster abbreviate best man or bridesmaid as "BM", i only ever think of "bowel movement" :my_angel:)

I think TLC will be relying on pregnancies to keep the show going. Unless the families of each woman marrying in signs on to the whole television debacle (which lets be honest, is probably a requirement for brides-to-be at this stage...) so we'll have to see how it goes. I think we'll see *possibly* some more variety in wedding styles, with non-Duggar brides. if TLC could give more background info on the women and their families that would be interesting, but again that depends on the in-laws' approval. 

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I just hope that teen brides don't become a theme.  People thought JInger seemed young and along come Joy and Kendra.

I could see Josiah or Jedidiah marrying younger women, they are fundie-style charming. and more cocky like josh was....though hopefully learned from his mistakes. 

No way Josh is included as a groomsman. It will probably be his other brothers and maybe a Bates or other fundie male.

I think TLC will shell out some money for Joe's wedding because it is the second boy to get married. I don't know if Kendra's parents will pay for her dress or what they will actually fund. 

48 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I think he is close to JD and Josiah do probably one of them. 

I agree, it will be one of those two. My money is on JD, but Josiah is closer in age.

Josh will NOT be one of the groomsmen. 

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Josh will NOT be one of the groomsmen. 

No, Josh will resume his role as the bright sun glare.

6 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Didn't he spend a lot of time with the Bates while 'at college'? If he was to pick Lawson or Nate as best man, that would conveniently sidestep the obvious snub of not having Josh. 

I'm sure none of the brothers wants to associate with Josh, but while whatever game is being played vis  bringing back Josh (Rufus forbid), it's probably cleaner for them to have a non-family very best friend in all the world stand up for them.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Normally, I'd expect TLC to show flashbacks of Josh's wedding during Joe's wedding episode, but...no.

They may use it as a sort of do-over - they'll enlighten us great unwashed as to the benefits of courting vs dating of course, but then if they've any sense, they'll then balance the bartering with her father, against something more modern, human, and progressive. Perhaps a talking head where he tells us how much he admires her when they're out 'ministering' elbow to elbow or something.

I just hope none of the Duggars will do what my grandma did. 
Got married at 17, at her older sister's wedding, because she had a boyfriend and there was already a wedding, so why not? It worked out for her, but she was neither fundie, nor submissive housewife. 

My bets are on JD as best man. Joe and JD have similar personalities and interests. 

I would not be surprised if Josh was mentioned a tiny bit or in the background in JD's wedding. I feel like TLC might want to allow the mention of him due to his wedding and maybe a background shot. But they will keep it very minimal. 

17 hours ago, season of life said:

I hope Joe doesn't sing a song and just sticks to the vows. 

Joe is definitely not the show boat Josh is. The only other boy that I could see having the "confidence" and need for attention that would make them sing in front of a 1000 of their friends and acquaintances is possibly Josiah. Joe and JD are too reserved.  The twins don't seem to need that attention either. 

15 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I think TLC will be relying on pregnancies to keep the show going. Unless the families of each woman marrying in signs on to the whole television debacle (which lets be honest, is probably a requirement for brides-to-be at this stage...) so we'll have to see how it goes.

Personally, I'm still waiting on Jessa and Jinger to fly the coop and move off to NYC with or without their headships. Now THAT would get some ratings. 

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But let's all just hope none are as young as Michelle when marrying. 

17.       :my_confused:

BUT at least she waited nearly 4 years before she had a kid.

I wonder, though...Joe's wedding might be the perfect time to ease Josh back into the public eye. He could be a groomsman, appear in the photos & in the background in scenes of the show, but not "featured" or mentioned. That way TLC could gauge audience reaction & decide whether the world is ready for a full Josh return.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived