IGNORED

Family Living on Purpose (FLOP) : Erika Shupe Pt 11

Coconut Flan

Fundies are obsessed with sex. It's their favorite topic...hell they talk about it more than middle school boys (quite possibly the horniest creatures on earth). Well, not just fundies...sexually repressed Cuban Catholic women tend to have the same obsession (my darling "mother") had some weird ass views on sex. Personally, I can sort out when someone is dressing "for attention" (my  youngest son's x-wife) and when someone is dressing attractively. 

I used to dress rather "provocatively" at times...but I was 16, 5'3", 130 lbs, packed and stacked and tan. Now...no. 

Their hangup with sex is almost to the point of being pathological. Not a great way to go thru life..unless you want to end up utterly fucked up in the head (like me). 

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen posted a pic on FB of her attending some sort of prom.  She looked very nice and not fundie. 

1 hour ago, fundiefollower said:

Karen posted a pic on FB of her attending some sort of prom.  She looked very nice and not fundie. 

Yes she looks great. The dress suits her and she looks happy. Go Karen!

The is a comment on the flop FB page asking about the process moving away from dresses only. Of course Erika hasn't responded. 

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

The is a comment on the flop FB page asking about the process moving away from dresses only. Of course Erika hasn't responded. 

Oh, their position on dresses only hasn't changed at all.  What would make you think that?  The jeans?  Yeah, just ignore those.  Because fallen world...or something like that.

On 06/06/2017 at 0:02 AM, Koala said:

Oh, their position on dresses only hasn't changed at all.  What would make you think that?  The jeans?  Yeah, just ignore those.  Because fallen world...or something like that.

It's only so the girls fit in at school and aren't teased or something. 

Side point: does Erika herself wear jeans? Or does she still primarily wear skirts? 

EXTRA: Karen's had a hair cut. It's now in a bob. AFAIK Anna Marie is now the only one with long hair.

On 6/5/2017 at 4:02 PM, Koala said:

It's nobody's business what they do, jeeze!!!!  Oh, the way she used to judge other people for the exact same thing?  Well, yes, IN THAT CASE it was TOTALLY her business to comment on because she was just trying to guide people in the right direction, but if they're asking for clarity now with regards to HER family, they should really just BUTT OUT!

Erika, the price you pay for spending YEARS sticking your nose into other people's lifestyles and making them YOUR business is that you made the lifestyle of your family OTHER people's business too.  Sucks, but you can't just stop playing the game because you are no longer winning.  

You owe your readers an explanation.  You have a debt to them that you need to pay up, and until you do, they are going to try and collect.  It's the price you pay for being a judgmental bitch for YEARS, and now the invoice has finally come due.  

18 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It's only so the girls fit in at school and aren't teased or something. 

Side point: does Erika herself wear jeans? Or does she still primarily wear skirts? 

Snip

Because God gives a "no teasing clause" for convictions. He doesnt want you to stand out or look different for your beliefs. Oh wait.

She was in track pants earlier this year at the aquarium. That was because she didn't want to be legalistic about wearing dresses. She also posted pictures of herself last summer wearing a normal bathing suit. 

39 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Because God gives a "no teasing clause" for convictions. He doesnt want you to stand out or look different for your beliefs. Oh wait.

Wait, your Bible doesn't have the asterisks by the Ten Commandments?! :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Erika, the price you pay for spending YEARS sticking your nose into other people's lifestyles and making them YOUR business is that you made the lifestyle of your family OTHER people's business too.  Sucks, but you can't just stop playing the game because you are no longer winning.  

You owe your readers an explanation.  You have a debt to them that you need to pay up, and until you do, they are going to try and collect.  It's the price you pay for being a judgmental bitch for YEARS, and now the invoice has finally come due.

Well, I don't disagree...but at the same time, I'm a little relieved by the 180. I haven't followed the Shupes in some time and only check the FJ threads periodically...but back when I followed regularly I really worried/felt bad for those kids. I'm glad the girls can now get an education and dress/wear their hair as THEY see fit.

@PopRox, I definitely agree. I'm relieved. I'm happy for the kids. 

But it's morally objectionable to me that Erika is pretending nothing happened and suddenly wants selective privacy.  If she had been softer in her judgements or more forgiving, I'd let it slide. 

But she hurt people. She shamed people.  And she owes those people an apology. She misled people, and she owes those people an explanation of where she went wrong. 

Its not ok to just pretend this never happened. That ship sailed long ago when Erika chose to use her blog to be harsh, critical, and endeavor to make other women who didn't (and maybe couldn't) meet her standards feel like failures at everything. And because of that, there are 3 words that it is absolutely unacceptable for Erika to avoid writing:

I was wrong.

So I was reading an article about recognition of nonbinary people on paperwork...and apparently the second person to be legally issued a designation of "other" for gender is this person called Jamie Shupe. They live in Oregon! I would be interested to see if there's any relation, and if THESE Shupes have ever met Jamie.

1 hour ago, lawlifelgbt said:

So I was reading an article about recognition of nonbinary people on paperwork...and apparently the second person to be legally issued a designation of "other" for gender is this person called Jamie Shupe. They live in Oregon! I would be interested to see if there's any relation, and if THESE Shupes have ever met Jamie.

Did a little poking around. Jamie Shupe was born in Washington, DC in 1963. Bob's Shupe family has been in the Seattle/Tacoma area longer than that. Could be distant cousins, but even if so, Bob and Erika are estranged from the Shupes.

Karen posted some new pictures. Her boyfriend seems to be a Reverend Horton Heat fan. Good choice, Karen.

Ok, I'm now wondering if Erika's whole blog was a fake. I just cannot reconcile the pictures of the Karen, living a seemingly normal teenage life.  

10 hours ago, Shiny said:

Ok, I'm now wondering if Erika's whole blog was a fake. I just cannot reconcile the pictures of the Karen, living a seemingly normal teenage life.  

Can you imagine if Erika has been trolling us all for years?! Hilarious! Unfortunately we know Melanie isn't feeling the same freedom.  

Erika pretending everything is the same while nothing is the same and refusing to discuss it, means (to me) that it wasn't her choice.  

Erika's blog posts focused on being the Betty Bowers* of organizing, homeschooling and feeding  underfeeding a bazillion kiddos while keeping everybody out of her bedroom and now a large part of that is gone.  

*Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian™   You can follow Mrs. Bowers at Landover Baptist facebook or YouTube.

Landover Baptist is rocking an ad for awesome

Custom Designed Menstrual Shacks Exquisitely Crafted by Fundamentalist Baptist Architect, William Hargraves. 

To schedule a formal design meeting with Hargraves Inc. please contact your Christian Property Commissioner or assigned Deacon.

ATTENTION!!  Karen Shupe is MOVING OUT!!

She posted a pic of a *smiley* Erika and herself shopping (or shipping as she mistyped it) and a pic of her shopping list.  I'm in shock and want to know more.  It is on Karen's public FB page.

23 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

ATTENTION!!  Karen Shupe is MOVING OUT!!

She posted a pic of a *smiley* Erika and herself shopping (or shipping as she mistyped it) and a pic of her shopping list.  I'm in shock and want to know more.  It is on Karen's public FB page.

OMG. The rapture has happened!!! Also, check out the spelling of lingerie on her list. SOTDRT fail. 

Karen replied to a friend's comment that she's moving in with some friends & renting a room from them. Go Karen!! Maybe Melanie can join you soon. #EscapingShupeHell

Awesome. The nestling has fledged!  Hope this doesn't transfer more responsibilities to the daughter down the line (Melanie?). 

Wow, good for Karen! And good for Erika, I have to say, for seemingly accepting Karen making her own decisions. I'm thrilled for Karen but I worry about Melanie. I would imagine this might be pretty hard on her (or not...maybe she just takes it as a good example and she's planning her next moves as we speak).

This is amazing! But just reminds me how rare this type of shift is in Fundieland. It's pretty awesome to see it happen though. Go Karen, go!!

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived