IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

The top European leaders are childless. How has women voting created this?

My right to vote in Austria + for the EU-Parliament makes Ms. May childless? The right of US-women to vote leads to Ms. Merkel never birthing? Or is it just that British female voters make Ms.May forgo the children she wanted? And German female voters need to decide against their political ideas just because the main candidate happens not to be a mother who works full time? French female voters chose a childless man with more reasonable opinions against a woman whose just very extreme. How wicked that they apparently didn't make "have children" an issue for their vote.

The decline and fall of Rome has been explained by its decadent and ‘bachelor culture,’ much like what afflicts us in northern Europe.

Oh that is why at the bottom of birth rates there are Italy and Greece because they embody northern Europe. And it doesn't stop there, it is basically a list of all southern/south-eastern countries of Europe plus the European countries like Japan, Singapore, Korea,.... To be fair there is also Germany and Austria in the mix (going up from the bottom), but no one has ever called this country smack in the middle of the EU-area  "northern Europe". France's south coast is the Mediterranean Sea. So calling it northern is like calling the US "northern North-America" and forgetting about Florida and Texas. Well done. Germany also spreads from the "middle" to what it normally not considered north. I'll give northern Germany a pass of being of having "northern values" but Germany is not a northern country. On the other hand Northern Island is northern and has a high birth rate.

This whole article is utter BS. Just an another example:

Immigrants do not call her “Mutti Merkel” for nothing.

Wrong: It is not a wording of just "the immigrants". It is a worth of the Germans. Germans call her "Mutti Merkel" (Mommy/Ma) because of the her leadership style and because of her length staying on top.
The word "Mutti" also carries some undertones: It draws pictures of the past that some idolize (1930-1960). It also draws the pictures of the mothers in the former communist part of Germany (1930-1980). Because in these areas it is the main word for Mommy it brings the nostalgia of the time when the state made sure you had an apartment, stability, and a job (for Mutti too! Hardly any mother in the DDR stayed home and looked after her children. Children were more or less raised in state daycare from very early age.)
It it is a word of the smugness, of the simpler times when 'everything was pleasant'. It is a word also used during the times when the ideal was women in flared dresses hanging laundry on the cloth lines and girls with long braided pigtails skipping ropes. While at the same time trousers/pants wearing women worked in the factories to keep the war machinery going and girls had to salute a godly leader in utter adoration. It was used in this time when people where valued like live stock ("pure bred" something is better than anything else), humans including babies deemed "unworthy to live" where killed and a little childless man was the leader to the bright future which came in form of smoke, starvation, poison, gunfire, bombs,  death.
Immigrants from Merkel's time (since 2005) normally don't have this understanding of the word. If they have it, then I salute the successful integration into the carpet of values and layers of language in Germany.

But who needs to understand the complex reality

To some up my personal view:

Europeans are increasingly less likely to see childlessness as a problem.

GOOD!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Red Jumper your reasoning is too reasonable and nuanced and you dared to provide facts. She can't understand those pesky complicated things, she's a simple person. It's so much easier when she decides what is right what is wrong and that's it, why complicating things?

@Joyce that message from Lori says it all, doesn't it? She's arrogant and insecure. Any teacher worth her salt welcomes questions and challenge and is always (as Lori used to declare) learning.  

Lori isn't worthy of the "teacher" title. She's too ignorant; she doesn't know her Scriptures well enough to teach them, and she ignores context and anything else that may not support what she "teaches".  She's dangerous in that way because she truly is a blind leader of the blind.  How many of her followers are willing to scrutinize her teachings, to see them in the light of her behavior, and question her?  They're too lazy, to infatuated with her silly internet persona. Maybe they're hoping that following her will lead to a more affluent lifestyle, or something. I truly don't know why any sane woman would want to learn from Lori's blog, let alone get her approval. There are so many, so much better blogs for conservative Christian women out there, why keep chewing on the same old dry grass when you can wander off to greener and much healthier pastures? 

From FB

Reader:

Just to clarify: do you believe women should vote?

Lori:

If they want to vote go ahead but as Christian women who believe that God is true when He told us in His Word that the husband is the head of the wife, the wife should vote as the husband votes so as not to negate his vote.

This goes beyond letting the man lead. This is making an idol of your husband.

Awaiting blog post about how letting the man lead is never making an idol of your husband.

@onemama, yes. Her old posts on blogspot were helpful and even cheerful, so I joined the chatroom to learn more. Then I saw how she got ideas and copied posts from the chatroom as her blog posts.

The blog seemed to change when her post on housework became viral. Maybe she thinks that if she posts something angry or controversial, her posts will be viral again and she will be more famous.

Now I demand to see the bible verse tha say that men have a right to vote and women don't. Now that I think about it I can't recall a single bible verse about voting, it's clearly not biblical! Then we should go back to absolute monarchy, that's a true biblical concept!

52 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Awaiting blog post about how letting the man lead isn't making an idol of your husband.

She's already posted about how the woman is the glory of the man, she hasn't had anything to say against statements Dave has made that not just hinted towards husband idolatry, but very openly called it biblical and good.  Ken has taken the metaphor Christ-Church husband-wife to the point where you'd think husbands are actually Jesus to their wives. 

The whole husband-leader theory is not convincing. It's taught a lot, but the instruction "husbands, lead your wives" is not in the Bible. Neither is "for the husband is the head of his household" or "wives, follow your husband's instructions".  It's an interpretation.  They say they are all about the literal interpretation of the Word, but I guess literal only as far as it fits within their interpretation.  

I think the Bible is full of mysteries that we just can't understand properly without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. In her last "doodle", Madame de Alexander seems to mock the need for the Holy Spirit to help us understand the meaning of Scripture. 

4 minutes ago, Joyce said:

The blog seemed to change when her post on housework became viral. Maybe she thinks that if she posts something angry or controversial, her posts will be viral again and she will be more famous.

Someon else pointed out earlier in the thread that she also thinks Lori has become nastier since she's "Transformed". 

I think she's trying very hard to go viral again. She doesn't post anything remotely positive or uplifting any more and she keeps saying the same things over and over again. 

Regarding Lori's post on barrenness and infertility, Jesus said in Luke 23 : 28 - 29 :

“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. For behold, the days are coming when they will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never gave suck!’"

5 hours ago, Joyce said:

Lori sent me a message on Facebook:

So I replied, "Thank you and God bless, Lori!"

She is so hateful and immature. Most of the other bloggers publish "dissenting" comments and respectfully answer them. If she did not want to deal with certain comments, the best way to handle it would be to simply NOT publish them. The snotty messages, writing to you as if you were a naughty second grader, are just so bizarre. 

Lori says:

18767587_1877808788899820_4043525408970561045_n.thumb.jpg.7d5856020302c4d5792880142e997fba.jpg

The Bible in 1. Corinthians 2

no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness,and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments,16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
    so as to instruct him?”[d]

But we have the mind of Christ.

The apostle John also said something similar about not needing teachers because we have the Holy Spirit. 

Lori likes to quote the above passage to support her teachings, but then she says that there's no need for the Holy Spirit to understand her "clear" extrapolations.  

If Lori knew a damn thing about teaching, she would know that questions and discussion are vital. She wants to be a fucking dictator spewing her hateful nonsense without dispute. She wants obedience, dammit! She doesn't teach a damn thing with here severely restricted bible knowledge. Lori is truly despicable, I can't stand her and wish she would sit down somewhere. 

21 minutes ago, onemama said:

Lori says:

18767587_1877808788899820_4043525408970561045_n.thumb.jpg.7d5856020302c4d5792880142e997fba.jpg

The Bible in 1. Corinthians 2

The apostle John also said something similar about not needing teachers because we have the Holy Spirit. 

Lori likes to quote the above passage to support her teachings, but then she says that there's no need for the Holy Spirit to understand her "clear" extrapolations.  

YES! Lori is brain-dead, contradicting herself all over the place. Her "extrapolations" are simple, stupid, and wrong. I wish people would stay away from her, she is poison. 

Well feminism did make me more barren I guess. Because of feminism I didn't see my only value as a baby making machine and used birth control and has so far had 2 kids. I don't see this as a bad thing though, while I would be game for one more kid I have a hard time seeing how I would have been happier with 10-15 of them (which might have been what I had ended up with if I had married at 20 given that I am very fertile and got my periods back quite fast).

@usmcmom, it's no problem. I've been expecting to be banned ever since Lori taught that women should be silent in church and choose to be happy all the time. These are the opposite of what she does in her life.

If I already "undermined" Lori just by asking questions and pointing out her inconsistencies, I cannot imagine how her children must have been disciplined if they ever disobeyed her. Of course, Lori cannot ban her own children, and they seem obedient to her, so all is well.

1 minute ago, Joyce said:

I cannot imagine how her children must have been disciplined if they ever disobeyed her.

I was just thinking that Lori would make a very dictatorial and cruel authority figure. She has zero authority over the ladies who choose to read her blog and try to please her, yet she appears to think she does. 

"Thankfully, there are women in the chat room who are “standers.” They are standing strong in the Lord and winning their husbands back without a word (1 Peter 3:1-6). Some of their husbands are adulterers, others are addicts, some are worse than “infidels” by not providing (1 Timothy 5:8), and others are unkind. They understand what is at stake in their lives, in their husband’s lives, and in their children’s lives. They wait patiently while growing in godliness and resting in the Lord, even though there is a lot of suffering. "

God is going to have very strong words for Lori if she is endangering innocent children and women by her evil teachings. Justice is always served in the end. 

"Learning" is not "accepting on faith without question".  "Teaching" is not "presenting ideas with no context, no addressing of questions."

Learning means coming to understand and accept -- it involves grasping ideas.  Learning involves asking "but what about --" for the parts that don't automatically make sense, and then hearing answers that fit with one's understanding of how the world works.

Teaching means making things understandable; inviting and welcoming questions and then addressing them so that full understanding is achieved.

Lori is not teaching and she doesn't want her listeners to learn.  She is simply proclaiming and wants everything she says to be taken on blind faith.  I suppose in her world there is nothing inherently wrong with being a proclaimer, but she really needs to stop calling it "teaching".

33 minutes ago, EowynW said:

"Thankfully, there are women in the chat room who are “standers.” They are standing strong in the Lord and winning their husbands back without a word (1 Peter 3:1-6). Some of their husbands are adulterers, others are addicts, some are worse than “infidels” by not providing (1 Timothy 5:8), and others are unkind. They understand what is at stake in their lives, in their husband’s lives, and in their children’s lives. They wait patiently while growing in godliness and resting in the Lord, even though there is a lot of suffering. "

God is going to have very strong words for Lori if she is endangering innocent children and women by her evil teachings. Justice is always served in the end. 

Indeed. And she could be liable if she is encouraging someone to stay in a relationship that includes abuse and/or results in injury or death - to the wife, the children, or both. These "standers" look up to her and listen to her. She is their "teacher", model for living, and authority figure. If she doesn't have an attorney, then she should get one.

For the sake of her followers and their children, I hope she never needs one.

How Webster's 1828 Dictionary defines TEACHER:

Teacher

TE'ACHER, noun One who teaches or instructs.

1. An instructor; a preceptor; a tutor; one whose business or occupation is to instruct others.

2. One who instructs others in religion; a preacher; a minister of the gospel.

The teachers in all the churches assembled themselves.

3. One who preaches without regular ordination.

Lori is evil and dangerous. Just look at her comments on the "Feminism makes you Infertile" blog post.

Evil: Lori get a dig in at her oldest daughter by saying she (daughter) always noticed the large families of well behaved children in MS when she was off dancing. Reminding us, and her daughter of the daughter's childless state. Lori never seems to miss an opportunity to remind the world of her daughter's childlessness.

Dangerous:  A Reader asks Lori whether or not she should follow her doc's advice of no more children due to 4  C-sections and a thinning uterus wall in danger of rupturing next time. Lori says, well it's up to you and your doc, but lots and lots and lots of woman have been told not to have more children, ignored it, and were just fine. Hint,  Hint. "Above Rubies" is Lori's authority on this.

This one blew my mind.  Why would any woman ask Lori if she should  ignore her doctor's advice regarding a potentially life threatening pregnancy? Lori for gosh sakes! 

Do these woman think that obeying Lori is the same as obeying God??!!

Wow. today Lori is subtly encouraging a woman with four C-sections to have another child, against doctor's advice. If that woman dies having a fifth I think Lori should be liable for spiritual abuse. 

As someone who works in the pregnancy and birth field I am horrified that she would even give advice about this. I do know of some women who have had 5-7 c-sections and were fine but *most* women cannot handle that many. 

Lori's Post about Feminism leads to barrenness...

Has anyone been watching "The Handmaid's Tale" on HULU?! OMG The stuff Lori says and believes is that show. I'm telling you, that show, is her wet dream. TERRIFYING. Women are only here for one purpose. Feminism led to this. WOW!!

8 minutes ago, YourMamaKnew said:

Lori's Post about Feminism leads to barrenness...

Has anyone been watching "The Handmaid's Tale" on HULU?! OMG The stuff Lori says and believes is that show. I'm telling you, that show, is her wet dream. TERRIFYING. Women are only here for one purpose. Feminism led to this. WOW!!

Yes! We have a discussion thread on the TV subforum.

I have a cousin who almost died with her last baby and is already having complications with the following pregnancy.  There's comes a point where I would take that as a sign from God NOT to have more babies. But no! Birth control is evil and it's better to leave young children motherless.

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I can't stand her and wish she would sit down somewhere. 

Preferably far away from a computer. 

Also, guys, you don't understand. Lori never had to always learn. She wasn't always learning, she knows the answers. YOU are supposed to be always learning from her, not the other way around. Duh. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and unlocked this topic

Archived