IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, veron1que said:

I agree. I think the drested are nice and suit the girls. Fundie weddings are rarely super formal and these look just fine. I think the mismatched jewelry takes away from the look, but It would appear that Joy wanted all her bridesmaids to style themselves. And you're right, the girl will definitely use them again. 

While I do agree with you I'm mostly quoting you so I can tell you how much I love your avatar! I love Veronica Mars. :my_heart:

8 hours ago, nst said:

perhaps next Thursday but not this past thursday since the wedding happened last Friday 

and I doubt the cover - if they get the cover I WILL eat a brownie 

Either way I will most definitly eat a brownie. Or maybe two or three. Four if they are small. Mmmmm brownie. :56247956409be_32(13):

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isnt Lula Roe the brand that Meri Brown from Sister Wives sells? Is it a franchise business or something?

Mr MIO and I are marrying in August - I'm so scared of the photos.

We managed to find a really lovely photographer who understands (I have body dismorphia - if you've ever come across the Star Trek TNG episode 'Skin of Evil' that monster in a more sludgy green is kind of how I see myself if confronted with my own image).

Apart from we're hoping to sneak off with her and get one nice one of the two of us, we aren't doing any staged photos - especially as key family members on each side have passed, including his mother in February and his cousin two weeks ago. Our photographer lady is just going to take nice, atmospheric pictures where she spots them. We're even skipping the ceremonial cake cutting etc and all those moments so folks will know that they're at a totally unique event.

Still scared though. - even with the most epic matron of honour and best man in our corner.

10 hours ago, veron1que said:

I agree. I think the drested are nice and suit the girls. Fundie weddings are rarely super formal and these look just fine. I think the mismatched jewelry takes away from the look, but It would appear that Joy wanted all her bridesmaids to style themselves. And you're right, the girl will definitely use them again. 

Women! Women! Women! Not girls, so infantilizing to always refer to fundy females as girls. I know its a losing battle, but every now and then I gotta blow off a little steam about it, sorry.

8 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Oh gotcha. I have no clue how Lularoe works. Never shopped them or known anybody who sells them. The person said a couple of the dresses look like the Amelia and Irma styles? Are you familiar with those?

I am not familiar with LLR, on purpose, but someone said the dress Jinger was wearing on the garden bench was an Amelia...is that what you're thinking of maybe?

37 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

Isnt Lula Roe the brand that Meri Brown from Sister Wives sells? Is it a franchise business or something?

It's another network marketing thing, but they have actual inventory and they don't have any control over what they get.

It's an MLM - multi-level marketing.  Yes, it's what Meri Brown is currently peddling. 

38 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Mr MIO and I are marrying in August ....   (snipped)

Congratulations!   I am so happy for you.  

@MadeItOutI don't know if I can say anything to make you feel better about the photos. So I'll just say that I hope you're so happy in the moment that you forget the photographer is even there... and that you're so blissfully happy about being married that your brain can't help but focus on how in love you both look.

I hope your day is beautiful and fantastic in every way. :) 

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@MadeItOutI don't know if I can say anything to make you feel better about the photos. So I'll just say that I hope you're so happy in the moment that you forget the photographer is even there... and that you're so blissfully happy about being married that your brain can't help but focus on how in love you both look.

I hope your day is beautiful and fantastic in every way.  

Also in regards to the photographer... as a photographer myself, may I respectfully request on their behalf that the guests are asked not to take their own photos during the ceremony? That way, the photographer won't be hindered in getting perfect shots ("Ma, get back in the pew, you're in the way!"), and YOU can rest assured that the important pictures of you are from a professional who knows how to make a great quality image! 

I hope you have a great wedding day, too. :)

We did mostly candid shots too except for a few with family. I really like all the moments they captured instead of the staged ones. It was just a personal preference for us. I hope @MadeItOut you have a wonderful wedding and like how the candid shots turn out :)

I think we are all losing interest in Duggar weddings. We should be on thread four by now of post wedding reviews. Oh well, here is my review. Joy's wedding dress isn't horrible, it just looks like it is a size too big. I think the bridesmaids dresses are fine for everyday wear but not a church wedding that will be in People magazine and on TV. I wouldn't wear that dress as a guest at a wedding. I don't have a problem with Jill's flip flops. Pregnant women get a pass in footwear. 

As for the Joseph's proposal, I am sure TLC had a hand in it. Either way, I would be pissed if I was the bride or groom. Great way to get people to talk about something other than the bride and groom. 

Back before digital cameras and camera phones, my grandma sat near the front of my cousin's wedding and took a million pictures, sometimes even getting closer to do so. She even took some when official pictures were being taken afterwards. Turns out my cousin was happy about it because her photographer did a horrible job and my grandma's pictures were so much better.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I hope your day is beautiful and fantastic in every way. :) 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, VixenToast said:

Also in regards to the photographer... as a photographer myself, may I respectfully request on their behalf that the guests are asked not to take their own photos during the ceremony? That way, the photographer won't be hindered in getting perfect shots ("Ma, get back in the pew, you're in the way!"), and YOU can rest assured that the important pictures of you are from a professional who knows how to make a great quality image! 

I hope you have a great wedding day, too. :)

With your permission, may I show this to my Matron of Honour? Copied and posted away from here of course - she's VERY cool people and my number one support, but she's not a member here so far as I know.

45 minutes ago, socalrules said:

...it just looks like it is a size too big.

Aha - I'm having a Jonathon Creek moment - now I know what it is that was bothering me with Jill's dress.

On the catalogue pictures, the model seems to have the design lower on her arms, versus Jill's one where it looks like the doily part is trying to creep up on her somehow.

17 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

She conceived six months after Spurgeon. Early February due date means she conceived around early/mid-May. Spur was born early November giving her a six month gap.

I was thinking 13 months between (like Jessa/Jinger), not 15. My bad. 

6 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Women! Women! Women! Not girls, so infantilizing to always refer to fundy females as girls. I know its a losing battle, but every now and then I gotta blow off a little steam about it, sorry.

I don't really read it like that, my mom refers to her friends (all in their 70's) as her girls. They are all financially independent (living on their own retirement, not their spouses), and were proffesionals and are college educated. 

@HurricaneBells As other people have said, Lularoe is a pyramid/multi-level marketing scheme, which you need something like $5k to set up, the original leggings they're set up around develop holes, and they basically are a way to bleed money.

More:

https://consumerist.com/2017/03/02/4-things-to-know-about-lularoe-sales-reps-problems-with-the-company/

http://uk.businessinsider.com/lularoe-admits-leggings-are-tearing-holes-2017-3

11 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I'm really surprised that group pictures haven't been found! Hmmm, my gnat like attention span must be growing. I'm still interested in the pictures. 

Maybe they're still trying to Photoshop a lens flare/toddler over Josh's face.

I'm curious about the rest of the wedding look as well; apparently they were getting hay for the stage, which I am not down for, because I'm sure that Jana and/or the church ladies had to clean all of that up (but at least Jana didn't have to spend days adding haphazard extra flounces to the bridesmaids' dresses because otherwise the men will get a glimpse of kneecap).

This must be the most successful Duggar wedding ever, in terms of keeping it totally private. Not a picture in sight!

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe they're still trying to Photoshop a lens flare/toddler over Josh's face.

I'm curious about the rest of the wedding look as well; apparently they were getting hay for the stage, which I am not down for, because I'm sure that Jana and/or the church ladies had to clean all of that up (but at least Jana didn't have to spend days adding haphazard extra flounces to the bridesmaids' dresses because otherwise the men will get a glimpse of kneecap).

The church where I clean does hay at xmas (yunno for the stable). It's broken many a hoover.  I also get annoyed at glitter (Brownies spread it everywhere and it seems to last forever) and biscuit crumbs mashed into the carpet ;)  I love a bit of confetti though, places went through a phase of banning it because of the mess but I think it's lovely.

12 minutes ago, Irishy said:

This must be the most successful Duggar wedding ever, in terms of keeping it totally private. Not a picture in sight!

I wonder if the wedding will be the People Magazine cover story this week. 

I've been looking at a few photos of Austin. I agree with others. He's not a bad looking guy. I just think he's not too comfortable being photographed and that translates into an odd smile. If you look at candids of him with Joy, he comes across much more relaxed and natural.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I've been looking at a few photos of Austin. I agree with others. He's not a bad looking guy. I just think he's not too comfortable being photographed and that translates into an odd smile. If you look at candids of him with Joy, he comes across much more relaxed and natural.

He looks much better in the photo Jeremy posted of them compared to the official People magazine photo. His forced smile just looks so incredibly pained. 

22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I agree with you. It bothers me a little when people say he looks creepy. I don't think I could ever be comfortable around cameras and if I were to be filmed I'd come off very awkward too. Judging him bc of what he says/does - ok, saying "OMG he looks like such a creep, poor Joy will be unhappy with him!!!!!!" - a bit over the top.

And to clarify, I don't defend what he believes, and I am quite  sure we will get something to snark on when we see more on him on Counting On. :)

7 hours ago, Dutchie said:

I don't really read it like that, my mom refers to her friends (all in their 70's) as her girls. They are all financially independent (living on their own retirement, not their spouses), and were proffesionals and are college educated. 

Completely different context. I do similar with my friends, but I know they are strong adult women. Not so with these fundy "girls", whom many never acknowledge are not real girls anymore. It is infantilizing and absolves them of responsibility for their choices and decisions. Since FJ highlights the dangers of fundamentalism, I don't think infantilizing is useful, thus my dislike of the "girls" in this context.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived