IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

Did anyone notice in Josiah's "congratulations" video that he looks and sounds a LOT like Josh?? Like I'd say more than any of the other brothers.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Wilbur is almost 4 months, which is the same amount of time it took Jessa to conceive him after SES. 

They are 15 months apart, which means that Spurgeon was 6 months old when Jessa got preggo again. But it's definitely not too soon for her to be preggo again. 

Regarding the Tacos for Life discussion from the last thread - Food banks in the US typically buy food at prices roughly 75%-90% less than retail prices. So a 20 cent donation would be equivalent to buying $1-$2 worth of food at the grocery store. With good planning and the benefit of buying in bulk, a well managed food bank can turn a 20 cent donation into a decent meal. If they are donating to respectable charitable organizations overseas, that 20 cents may go even further. If the average meal at their restaurant sells for $7, 20 cents per meal sold is a pretty good chuck of money once you factor in the cost of food, labor, and overhead expenses.

Yeah, I think our city's food bank advertises that they can get 7 meals out of a dollar

4 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Several of the weddings I have been to in the past five or so years have had signs outside the venue requesting that users not use their cellphones or take pictures during the ceremony.

The past few weddings I've been to it was requested that no one take any pictures during the ceremony. I imagine it's for the sake of the professional photographer, to keep people out of aisles and to keep the pics off social media.

Also, no one shared pics of the bride & groom on social media - that I saw - even from the reception. 

I think it's become an unwritten rule, at least for  the the people in my small corner of the world and in my limited experience, that pics of the bride and groom are for them to share themselves. To get up the morning after your wedding and see yourself tagged in 100 pictures would be, I imagine, disheartening. 

The last family wedding we were at a month ago, social media was bombarded with pics from the reception - but none of the bride and only a few group shots of the groom doing shots with his groomsmen, posing with the family, things like that. 

I have seen others share pics right away and I always feel a little bad for the bride & groom in those cases. 

@fundiefanI think it depends on the couple. If I went to a wedding that requested no photos of the couple be shared until they posted something then I'd absolutely respect that wish. Their day, their way.

It's not something we really cared about for our wedding. We had guests share photos of our ceremony and reception during the reception. It was fun for us to look online and see photos of us or our guests having a great time immediately after it was all over.

Now, first photos of a new baby are a completely different matter to us. Our daughter was a late-term preemie and spent a week in NICU. We immediately texted/called family and close friends when she was born and sent photos, but we waited a full day to announce anything on social media. We would have been really upset if someone had announced anything before we were ready to share the news ourselves.

My cousin has a hastag for his wedding, he and his fiancé are pretty casual so I am not sure if they will care about photos during the reception but it's in a Catholic Church so  the church may. 

I always thinks in inappropriate to post photos of events like weddings or babies without express permission given from the couple or the parents.  Just because I enjoy social media doesn't mean everyone does. 

I don't think Jill looked bad, the doilies on the elbow are a weird design on that dress though, but that's not her fault.  I do think their style has changed since each has gotten married, less group think going on.

I loved that people posted pictures of us in real time. It can take a while to get back the professional photos, and I wanted to see myself in real time. Maybe I'm just egotistical. :P

When I've attended weddings, I usually post the pictures pretty fast assuming the bride/groom would like them. But no one has ever said no phones/no pictures, etc. And I'm careful to only post nice/flattering photos.

3 hours ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

My daughter had a sign asking guests to please add a special hashtag so they could see the pictures, AND a friend made a special snapchat filter for them, so I guess you could say her wedding was "plugged in"(?), we loved seeing all the pictures that friends and family took! I have heard of other people doing the "unplugged" thing, so whatever each  bride and groom or bride and bride, or groom and groom wants is ok by me! 

I went to a wedding last summer where they had a chalkboard near the bar with the hashtag they wanted guests to use.  

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

We would have been really upset if someone had announced anything before we were ready to share the news ourselves.

Ah, yes. Who can forget Jessica Seewald's instagram post declaring Spurgey was a boy. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall when Jessa found out...

For my cousin's wedding his step-aunt got from great pictures. She posted them right away and it great to see the photos she took. 

4 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I went to a wedding last summer where they had a chalkboard near the bar with the hashtag they wanted guests to use.  

My nephew did that at the reception. My niece is doing something similar with hers. Both for the reception though.

Just now, fundiefan said:

My nephew did that at the reception. My niece is doing something similar with hers. Both for the reception though.

This was at the reception for that particular wedding.  I don't recall seeing it at the church during the ceremony.  

I've noticed with the boys there's almost a split in 2 groups of 'looks'. Some look more likely to look like Josh once adult whilst others more likely to look like John David.

For me all the girls seem quite similar, but I think that has more to do with the expectations on how they should have their hair etc and the clothes sharing.

1 hour ago, danni9242 said:

I've noticed with the boys there's almost a split in 2 groups of 'looks'. Some look more likely to look like Josh once adult whilst others more likely to look like John David.

I do think that it's weird that the girls are all what you would call classically beautiful. They are all pretty young women. But the guys....not so much. 

(That said, I do have a slightly inappropriate fundie crush on John-David. Not due to his looks but more that he gives a 'good guy' vibe.)

1 minute ago, Bushes of Love said:

I do think that it's weird that the girls are all what you would call classically beautiful. They are all pretty young women. But the guys....not so much. 

Yeah, and I think the Bateses are the same way.

My hubbu was a prpfessional wedding photographer for years and had some nightmare people encounters during them. He would always photograph the vows from a distance and never approached the altar which most vicars appreciated but he never ever used flash( he once did a wedding in an old.old church that didnt even have electric lighting and even the priest was amazed at the photos) and had one guest climb on a pew and set off her flash constantly during the ceremony and had to correct many people that he was not affiliaed with that idiot. He once knocked a wedding guest on her ass when she decided to stand behind him after I kept asking her to move as je stood up and stepped back to get another angle she went over..the bride actaully yelled at her for us..lol! He stoppwd dping weddongs after a few too many Bridezillas which took all his enjoyment of weddings away. 

Ah, yes. Who can forget Jessica Seewald's instagram post declaring Spurgey was a boy. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall when Jessa found out...

Does anyone have a screenshot of this? Was this after he was born? I'm assuming so.

17 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

(That said, I do have a slightly inappropriate fundie crush on John-David. Not due to his looks but more that he gives a 'good guy' vibe.)

I definitely don't have a crush on John David, but he has grown on me since Josh-gate. He is either coming into his own with his sense of humor, or he's more comfortable expressing it. Little things, like labeling his styrofoam cup J. Duggar, are really pretty witty. I wouldn't want to date him, but I think we could have a lot of fun with a round of beer and some mutual friends.

11 minutes ago, unicorncastle said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of this? Was this after he was born? I'm assuming so.

After he was born, but before Benessa announced anything at all. The blue lettering implied it was a boy. So she overstepped twice - first in announcing the baby was here before the parents said anything and secondly by kind of implying the baby's sex when the parents purposely kept it quiet throughout the pregnancy.

ETA: She posted this the day Spurgeon was born.

3 hours ago, danni9242 said:

For me all the girls seem quite similar, but I think that has more to do with the expectations on how they should have their hair etc and the clothes sharing.

I think the girls all look similiar except for Jill. Jill looks just like Jim Bob, while the other girls are all Michelle or mostly Michelle and just a little Jim Bob.  The boys either look like Jim Bob, who is not very good looking, or look like Michelle, who, while very pretty, has looks that don't always translate that well to boys.   Jeremiah, to me, is the most attractive of the boys. 

Right now,I think Jason is the best looking of the Duggar boys.And,yes,John-David does have the good guy vibe,which makes him more appealing,to me,anyway.  Lawson Bates isn't bad looking. He just seems to have an attitude,to me.Nathan has the good guy vibe ,to me.

I'm also willing to give Jill as pass for the flip flops this time because she's pregnant, and her feet were probably so swollen that even a nice pair of flats would have been too uncomfortable. I can understand why she's getting so much flack, since flip flops are pretty much the only shoes the Duggar females seem to wear.

I'm really surprised that group pictures haven't been found! Hmmm, my gnat like attention span must be growing. I'm still interested in the pictures. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived