IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I don't disagree about Colorado. Hell, I figured they'd be camping. I may not be that far off. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they are just day hiking and then staying in a hotel. Backpacking/camping would be a terrible honeymoon considering they aren't used to being alone and "un-modest" with each other. 

11 minutes ago, ja14 said:

I hope they are just day hiking and then staying in a hotel. Backpacking/camping would be a terrible honeymoon considering they aren't used to being alone and "un-modest" with each other. 

And camping in Colorado at this time of year can still be pretty chilly at night. I used to camp quite a bit when I lived there and would wake up with frost/snow in the early mornings. 

I'm gonna guess they are at the Pikes Peak RV Park. It has a small creek running between it and the road and fence as well that all match up with the honeymoon video. An RV trip makes sense because I'm sure they could borrow one from the family and it would fit their style. 

On the crying discussion...former vet tech here. I'm a crier for personal things, like when my mom passed, or even when the little Wolfie scored his first goal in a hockey game. But at work when dealing with euthanasia, I would hold off. I had to. I can't let the fur-parents see that my heart is absolutely breaking with them and for them. It did. Many times I'd be bawling my eyes out when I went on lunch or when I got home that night. People don't see it because in vet and human medicine its part of our job to be strong for others, but trust me, we're right there with you. 

I hope Joy got the hiking boots that were on her wedding list.  Imagine how amazing it would be to be a wannabe-outdoorsy type, who usually does stuff in flipflops (as we've seen in eg the "survivalist" camp) and get to wear proper hiking boots for the first time and realise what you can actually do.  Even if she still only wore skirts, the difference between boots and flipflops will be astonishing. 

(Although as with Jinger and books/her wardrobe, or Jessa hanging out with African-American people like Flame and his friends, it's beyond sad that the Duggar women only get the chance to open up to experiences like these after they marry, and if their headship agrees....)

On 6/3/2017 at 11:01 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

Ooh maybe she'll go into labor at Joe's wedding!! That will bring in the ratings!

Joe's wedding, Anna and Jill go into labor after hearing that Josiah is courting, then Jedidiah announces his courtship, Anna has her baby, Josiah proposes immediately, Jill has her baby then Jessa, Jinger and Joy all announce their pregnancies as the happy couple/s exit the venue. RATINGS!!!1

7 hours ago, ja14 said:

Having my first time in a tent in the wilderness would totally ruin sex for me. I've had sex in the woods before and it was only fun because I had been front-huggin' this particular gentleman caller a lot.

These couples tend to go to a hotel out of town somewhere before embarking on their actual destination, so I doubt Joy was deflowered in the forests/foothills/mountains. Not to mention, they probably have Smuggar's RV for what she implied would be a road trip. Maybe they'll roadtrip to the coast. Her parents bought her a skirt in a headshop when Mechelle was pregnant with Jordyn way back when. Maybe they'll come to San Francisco to see the Golden Gate Bridge but not the Haight. :D

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

I hope Joy got the hiking boots that were on her wedding list.  Imagine how amazing it would be to be a wannabe-outdoorsy type, who usually does stuff in flipflops (as we've seen in eg the "survivalist" camp) and get to wear proper hiking boots for the first time and realise what you can actually do.  Even if she still only wore skirts, the difference between boots and flipflops will be astonishing. 

(Although as with Jinger and books/her wardrobe, or Jessa hanging out with African-American people like Flame and his friends, it's beyond sad that the Duggar women only get the chance to open up to experiences like these after they marry, and if their headship agrees....)

Joy should read the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed, regarding the importance of proper footwear while hiking.

Anyone remember the episode where the Duggars were in the film Courageous and Joy fake cried and Jim Bob was surprised and said she got her way a lot with tears? And now he knew, he wasn't sure what to believe anymore or something like that

25 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

Anyone remember the episode where the Duggars were in the film Courageous and Joy fake cried and Jim Bob was surprised and said she got her way a lot with tears? And now he knew, he wasn't sure what to believe anymore or something like that

I do think that some women (Jana Jessa) in the cult learn at a young age to manipulate their owners father/husband through tears or brains. Kind of like that scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding where the mother says He may be the head but I'm the neck and I make the head go where I want it too. 

Jill was most likely a master at this until she married DerWreck who doesn't buy the tears. So it would make sense that Joy learned that trick from her sister-mom.

Only time will tell whether or not Joy and her Hubby take to social media to preach hate. But until then, Joy has always held a soft spot in my heart, and she looks really happy.

of all the couples, I think they've had the most normal chemistry, and I would believe they've been in love for years. I still think they are way to young, but it's seems like a decent match. So know I will hope that they live out quiet Christian lives working at his family's camp providing services to likeminded individuals. 

Another crier here. I cry at everything.
I went to see wonder Woman last night & cried through the whole damn movie.

Joy looks gorgeous, and they look very comfortable with each other & happy to me.

Another big crier. My husband jokes that I cry because it's Tuesday. It's really just how I cope with rushes of emotions. 

I cried at our wedding. We didn't read our own vows, but for the homily, our priest had us each privately write about why we loved each other. Then instead of giving his own sermon, he read those for us to hear for the first time. It was so beautiful and I totally lost it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Carry on here:

Archived