IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

24 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

I think I'm well within my rights on a snark forum to say I don't like the hair style choice.

I've been seeing less and less acceptance for people expressing opinions if it's anything other than glowing praise.  I don't see why we shouldn't get to say if we don't like something, especially about public figures.   They're putting these pictures out there.  Do we really all have to either way we love everything or keep quiet?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg, double hand hold in the TLC ME photo! Married perks! And boy does she look like Jill! 

I was totally hoping she would do the country chic, ivory ruffled lace dress with cowboy boots, and a sunflower in her hair instead of a veil. The dress looks very frumpy...I hope it was one she liked and was not pressured into. I really dislike the sheer sleeves though. Probably really itchy...I imagine it was really hot with 1,000 people there. I was picturing the guys in boots and vests, no jackets. It seems very formal.

Please, please any gods...she wore shoes, didn't run out of the church, and no male ran up and grabbed his wife from her place in the wedding party. 

1 minute ago, CrazyMumma said:

That off look so many are noticing about Austin? I'm seeing the marks of abuse.

I do not know how one can confirm abuse based on a few photos.  Did I miss a Very Important Class somewhere?

3 minutes ago, CrazyMumma said:

That off look so many are noticing about Austin? I'm seeing the marks of abuse. I know a guy who went through a lot of abuse.. He dearly loves his wife but the marks of abuse haven't left his face.

His family was on Strictest Parents in America, or whatever it was called.  I thought the show looked like it was downplaying the strictness for TV, but Austin and his sister were too fast to do as told, too obedient, their tones of voice were nervous, and some things his dad said gave me the creeps.  There's probably To Train Up a Child in that house.

I think her hair looks better in the tlc exclusive video than on the people cover because it was braided and more put together. She probably got uncomfortable with it and decided to tie it down. That happens to me, I can't last 3 hrs with a hairdo 

3 minutes ago, CrazyMumma said:

That off look so many are noticing about Austin? I'm seeing the marks of abuse. I know a guy who went through a lot of abuse.. He dearly loves his wife but the marks of abuse haven't left his face.

I think you're driving the speculation bus clear off the road!  Seems like a stretch. I think it's just the way Austin's face is arranged. He always looks like that, in my opinion.  

Just now, MarblesMom said:

I do not know how one can confirm abuse based on a few photos.  Did I miss a Very Important Class somewhere?

The photos alone aren't a problem.  But watch it with the show his family was on, and you get the feeling that his dad really is overly harsh.

3 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think her hair looks better in the tlc exclusive video than on the people cover because it was braided and more put together. She probably got uncomfortable with it and decided to tie it down. That happens to me, I can't last 3 hrs with a hairdo 

Can you get a screen cap?  I am getting video error.

25 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

She has the Michelle googly eye stare at her husband nailed down!!!

It is their wedding day, if you can't googly eye stare at your spouse on your wedding day when can you? 

I wish we could get a full look at her dress, I hate waiting! 

3 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

The photos alone aren't a problem.  But watch it with the show his family was on, and you get the feeling that his dad really is overly harsh.

Can you get a screen cap?  I am getting video error.

Here ya go

IMG_1196.PNG

The first thing I noticed was her hair. It looks perfect for her. Waiting for a good view of the dress.

6 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I've been seeing less and less acceptance for people expressing opinions if it's anything other than glowing praise.  I don't see why we shouldn't get to say if we don't like something, especially about public figures.   They're putting these pictures out there.  Do we really all have to either way we love everything or keep quiet?

What exactly are you referencing? I went back through the first four pages of this thread leading up to this post, and I saw a lot of people saying they liked Joy's hair, a few people saying they didn't like it, and a grand total of one person saying, "I really hope everyone chills on criticizing her hair..." 

She does look a lot like Jill. I hope Austin is a better headship then Derick. 

I know people who can never look natural in pictures, unless they don't know that the pictures are being taken. Chandler Bing syndrome, trying too hard to cheese it, whatever the reason; I think Austin is just awkward. And uncomfortable in the spotlight.

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yes, Johannah is the next oldest girl. She'll be 12 in October. I'm rooting for Jana. :) 

Same here! I hope Jana is next.

ps.... the context which you said that made giggle like a 12 year old. Mostly because here in Aus, "rooting" or "having a root" is a bogan/redneck way of saying "having sex". So... that mixed with the context did get a laugh out of me.

I had my daughter when i was 19. I know I'm a bit weird when I say this marriage feels all kinds of...ick. Maybe because this child is 6 years older than my daughter. Sweet Joy... sentenced to a life of joyful availability.

Let us mourn the joyful tomboy she used to be.

35 minutes ago, catlady said:

my apologies if this has been said before, but Austin reminds me of BJ from Kid Farm--

This made me laugh so hard I nearly spit out the cracker I was eating 

Today is grandma Mary's birthday. Is this going to be a theme now?  Who's birthday can Joseph get married on?  I kid, I kid. Happy birthday grandma Mary. Hope you got your own cake.

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I know people who can never look natural in pictures, unless they don't know that the pictures are being taken. Chandler Bing syndrome, trying too hard to cheese it, whatever the reason; I think Austin is just awkward. And uncomfortable in the spotlight.

My son & my nephew.  They posed smiles are so cheese but their natural ones are so nice.  

Sadly I see a pregnancy announcement by fall, I wouldn't be so sad if this was a situation where she had choices. I had my first at 20 and the difference is i wasn't raised in a controlling environment I had a child because I wanted to not because It was expected.   

Speaking of predictions I bet Joe and Kendra will be engaged by August and married end of October.

Well, looks like the new lurker was right about the wedding being on a day that would throw us off. I know a few people who got married on Friday because the reception spot cost less to rent on a weekday. Joy probably wanted Friday just to be "different". 

14 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I think she would look more like a little girl playing dress up with a fancy updo. It might have looked a bit ridiculous...

It doesn't matter what a Duggar is wearing, naming their kid, how they're breathing etc, there is always differing opinions. Indeed she may have looked a tad old timey turn-of-the-century with her hair up, depending on the style. Ooh, speaking of which!

Fun Fact: I'm someone with a passion for female historical fashions and etiquette, and traditionally unmarried women and little girls wore their hair down.  Married women wore their hair up. And BRIDES wore their hair loose around their shoulders. So, historically speaking, Joy is covered and we both win !!! :P 

2 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

Sadly I see a pregnancy announcement by fall, I wouldn't be so sad if this was a situation where she had choices. I had my first at 20 and the difference is i wasn't raised in a controlling environment I had a child because I wanted to not because It was expected.   

Speaking of predictions I bet Joe and Kendra will be engaged by August and married end of October.

Bummer...I forgot about the other teen bride.

I think Joy looks very pretty, both in the picture and the video. She looks very, very young though and her dress adds to that with the lacy shoulders and headpiece. I hope Austin is kind to her, but based on how terrified and meek his sister seemed on their Strictest Parents episode I have reservations...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived