• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he feels like a burden has lifted way to go with the thoughts Austin 

I don't like the dress because it's so blah - Jessa's is still stunning 

we get again to see the wedding before the prep on June 12

so a season of pretend 

these people are hilarious 

She looks nice, her makeup is on point but something about that pic is off. Maybe it's that her hair and veil do not go with that dress.

Or maybe it's the teenage-cult-bride-with- no-freedom thing that's off putting.

I think she looks good and I don't mind the sleeves (but I'm a sleeves kinda gal who super regrets wearing a strapless dress). Sigh. I hope he's kind and loving. Every time one if these weddings happen I just feel sad. If this is what they truly want, then fine...but no other options have ever been presented to them.

25 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

So Joy is officially a teenage bride.  She looks very pretty.  Hope we'll get some more details tomorrow and not have to wait til the premiere.  Wonder why they went with a Friday evening instead of the usual Saturday daytime. So many questions.

I have a theory they wanted to be different and Friday is different. 
That or Jill had a midwife appointment that couldn't be moved on Saturday 

Your first attempt was pretty much standard Duggar. This? Pretty sure it's, "Jinger Vuolo after having ten cups of fully caffeinated coffee," level of Duggar speak. 

I imagine Jinger would sound kind of like a chipmunk... :pb_lol:

It's time for more photos now, it's been what, half an hour or so?

Tulips are my favorite flower.  I used to work in a flower shop and it was always nice to see bridal bouquets made with tulips.

(I'm a Degreed Law Professional now.  Totally going back to the lawsuit thread ).

I think I'm well within my rights on a snark forum to say I don't like the hair style choice. Does it look beautiful? YES! I personally just prefer a fancy, special hairstyle or updo for weddings. But if Joy is happy with it,then that is all that matters.

But whyyyyyyyyyyy!? Please say she had footwear at least!

Can't resist.  For you animal lovers, there's a great organization called "Farm Sanctuaries" that rescues animals from the factory farm system. This is part of their blurb about abused cows in the system:

"Like all mammals, dairy cows must be impregnated in order to produce milk. Cows in the dairy industry spend their lives in a constant cycle of impregnation, birth, and milking with just a few short months of rest between pregnancies."

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/joy-austin-are-married/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=countingontlc&utm_medium=social&sf82423259=1

Wedding announcement video. It looks like she had her hair pinned back with a braid a la Jill at her wedding, but then took it down for the People photo.

When Joy talks she just sounds so young to me, like a little girl. It's so strange that she's married.

I think Joy looks beautiful. I love the hair and her bouquet. I wish I could see the gown from a better angle. Austin looks like a conservative politician who just defunded Planned Parenthood.

The People magazine thing was fast! I think Joy is officially the youngest Duggar to marry? Josh was 20. It is so strange to me that she is a wife at 19. 

This is distressing me more than it should as I do not know Joy or any of her sisters.

Agreed. I got married just before I turned 22, but we'd been together for nearly 2 years and had both dated other people, gone to college, etc. Marriage is good, kids are good, but these women don't even get to find out if they want anything else. It's upsetting. And I don't drink wine, but I'll gladly eat a whole bunch of chocolate with you.

I know that there are many people out there who get married young, but I just find this to be so incredibly sad.  This girl (and yes-she's literally a girl) has not had an education, independent life experiences, or any encouragement to form her own opinion and identity.  All I see here is a child bride who comes from an abusive, sick family.  She's like Anna-she has no ability to do anything on her own; she has no job skills, no education, and is still a child.  

my apologies if this has been said before, but Austin reminds me of BJ from Kid Farm--

kid farm.jpg

He has had that fake smile in many pictures. At least, I think that's what it is. But on your wedding day... why is it forced? On our wedding day, I couldn't stop grinning and neither could my husband. This this guy gives off a vibe to me. I don't know what it is. I hope it's just that he doesn't like cameras. 

I'm sorry but I just can't with this wedding. She looks so young in the photos it breaks my heart. She is essentially marrying the person she would be allowed to be by her insane family if she were a boy. And he thinks she is hot and fundie royalty so win/win for him. 

39 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

You know, I was only 22 when I got married, so just a few years older than Joy. But, we had been together for three years and I had had other boyfriends.  We had completed our undergraduate education.  And we didn't pop out a kid until almost four years later. I don't know, is it so different?  I feel like it is. She seems way too young.

You weren't so capped in your life options, and marrying young wouldn't have been a trap if it ended up a mistake the way it is for those kids.  Those kids had a path set out for them from before birth, and if a marriage doesn't work out, they can't divorce.  They're stuck.  This is more absolute for them than it is for you and your husband who had more choices, as well as an out, and for your son.  If your son and his wife had split up before marriage, there'd have been no stigma.  A break-up in Fundyland makes you damaged goods.  Fundies are more likely to stay together to avoid the shame of giving away pieces of their hearts.  Your son and his wife stayed together by free choice.  They also got to have opposite-sex friends.  Fundies don't get to.

31 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

Yes, Joy and her sisters missed out on a lot, and I disagree with basically everything about their lifestyle. But getting married is the only way for them to get out of the compound and try their hands at being adults. It's that or be a child forever. Is Jana really better off?

Are they really out of the compound when JB is still in charge?  Wherever they are just becomes a satellite location.

Is Hannie the next oldest girl?  How old is she?  I need to start preparing myself. I would be thrilled if Jana is the next Duggar daughter to have sex get married. Let us join in prayer for that. 

19 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

I think I'm well within my rights on a snark forum to say I don't like the hair style choice. Does it look beautiful? YES! I personally just prefer a fancy, special hairstyle or updo for weddings. But if Joy is happy with it,then that is all that matters.

But whyyyyyyyyyyy!? Please say she had footwear at least!

I think she would look more like a little girl playing dress up with a fancy updo. It might have looked a bit ridiculous...

Just now, Fascinated said:

Is Hannie the next oldest girl?  How old is she?  I need to start preparing myself. I would be thrilled if Jana is the next Duggar daughter to have sex get married. Let us join in prayer for that. 

Yes, Johannah is the next oldest girl. She'll be 12 in October. I'm rooting for Jana. :) 

9 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

He has had that fake smile in many pictures. At least, I think that's what it is. But on your wedding day... why is it forced? On our wedding day, I couldn't stop grinning and neither could my husband. This this guy gives off a vibe to me. I don't know what it is. I hope it's just that he doesn't like cameras. 

I agree with the Chandler Bing syndrome theory. He just can't. 

That off look so many are noticing about Austin? I'm seeing the marks of abuse. I know a guy who went through a lot of abuse.. He dearly loves his wife but the marks of abuse haven't left his face.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived