IGNORED

Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon

47of74

This just perfectly sums up how I think the writers worked it all out.

• Love 4

Yeah this was my biggest gripe

For whatever reason, some of you walked away from the Game of Thrones finale feeling disappointed.

But while many people were frustrated about major deaths, filming blunders or bemusing plot holes, others had a much simpler gripe: the fact that we never got the punchline to Tyrion Lannister's joke.

One angry fan tweeted: "God damnit let Tyrion finish his joke."

Someone else said: "The only thing that was upsetting about the #GameofThrones ending is that we didn't get the conclusion of #Tyrion's joke. #honeycomb and the #jackass in a brothel."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I saw something about how the joke ended somewhere. I think it was something along the lines of:

He walks into a bar with a honeycomb and a donkey. Bartender asks what’s bothering him or something. He replies he needs a new woman because his left him. Barkeep asks why. He explains she found a magic lamp and she was granted three wishes by the Genie. 

First wish was for a house fit for a Queen, so the Genie gave her a honeycomb. 

Second wish was for a nice ass, so he gave her a donkey. 

The third wish was for Tyrion’s penis to be so long it would hang down below his knees. 

The barkeep says that isn’t so bad. Tyrion responds, “Not so bad?! I used to be 6’3”!” 

I have no clue if that’s right or not, but I thought it was pretty funny. ?

• Haha 5

I saw something about how the joke ended somewhere. I think it was something along the lines of:
He walks into a bar with a honeycomb and a donkey. Bartender asks what’s bothering him or something. He replies he needs a new woman because his left him. Barkeep asks why. He explains she found a magic lamp and she was granted three wishes by the Genie. 
First wish was for a house fit for a Queen, so the Genie gave her a honeycomb. 
Second wish was for a nice ass, so he gave her a donkey. 
The third wish was for Tyrion’s penis to be so long it would hang down below his knees. 
The barkeep says that isn’t so bad. Tyrion responds, “Not so bad?! I used to be 6’3”!” 
I have no clue if that’s right or not, but I thought it was pretty funny. [emoji23]

Yeah I saw that one too. Of course it would be a lot funnier to hear Tyrion himself tell that particular joke.
  • I Agree 4

There's some rumors floating around about the original ending being much different. They did write few different versions of the script and even shot alternative scenes because of leaks, so it is plausible. According to the rumors, GRRM is pissed about the ending (something I believe even if the ending we got is 90% his, because the execution was so sloppy). 

Now, these rumors are super fan service-y and a lot of wishful thinking, so I would take them with a handful of salt. It's easy to take fan speculation and then present it as a legit leak, so again, be skeptical. But there are two things that make me think that they might be a teeny bit plausible: 1. Benioff has made last minute spur-of-the-moment changes to the plot before. Originally, Sansa was meant to stay in the Vale and Jeyne Poole was in the script, for example. That, and the Dorne stuff, got changed last minute. That is true enough, so he could def do it again. 2. It actually explains some plotholes and arcs that were abandoned. 

Again, while I want to believe them (they make a better story) I doubt they are true. But it's fun to speculate, so here they are. Let me know if you like this version/think any might be true.

1. Cersei was meant to have a miscarriage that results in her becoming super paranoid. (This one is almost certainly true, because multiple seperate leaks have shown that a miscarriage scene was filmed. This also makes way more sense than her being in her first trimester for like 6 months.) 

2. Jaime and Brienne's relationship was more meaningful to the plot. Jaime valonqars Cersei, but they changed the characters in the final version, so it's Jon killing Dany instead of Jaime killing Cersei. Jaime and Brienne have a political marriage at the end. (The part I believe is the Jaime kills Cersei. That's being set up in the books, and while Jon might still kill Dany, the way it's done in the show feels very valonqar prophecy to me. I could still see Jon killing Dany, maybe, but in more of a Nisa Nisa/Azor Ahai scenario. As for the Braime marriage, well, that feel very fanfic-y to me, but dammit I ride and die for my ships, and I want to believe. So that parts probably bull, but it's my headcannon lol). 

3. Sansa is still queen in the North. (I think most of us were fine with this in the final version. It made a lot of sense and fit the character).

4. Jon becomes king and Jaime is his hand. (Don't know how to feel about this one. Feels fanfic-y to me, but then again, so does Tyrion being Bran's hand. The only part that maybe rings true is that Jaime hero worshipped Rhaegar and would want to protect his son, but otherwise this one isn't too believable to me).

5. Westeros goes back to being 7 independent kingdoms. (I feel like this is something George would do. It makes way more sense than only the North asking for independence).

6. Dany does help destroy KL, but it isn't as black and white. Cersei actually provokes her, and maybe sets off wildfire, and Dany is so enraged that she takes the bait. She also loses a lot of her army, Tyrion and Jon's support, and returns East after she sees what she's done. (This is so much wishful thinking, but it makes so much more sense at the same time. They did film the wildfire, after all, and it fits Dany's ruthfulness without having her go full on genoicidal maniac because of bells. Her being queen of Essos, not Westeros, is something fans theorized about for a long time. At the same time, I feel like killing Dany when she lives in the books is too big of a change. so I don't know what to think).

7. King Bran is a result of D&D wanting to subvert expectations. (I don't know. It's a big change, and I can't see them changing who sits the Iron Throne. Then again, King Bran feels so fake to me, unless he's being controlled by Brynden Rivers or George plans to do a lot of build up in the next two books. Who knows?)

I know that George said he thinks that the ending is going to be mostly the same, but the keyword there is thinks. If D&D made a lot of changes post season 7 (which they've done before--season 5 was radically rewritten after season 4 was complete) than it could explain why there's some major differences, and why there's a lot of things this season that don't feel earned/have poor pay off. He also said recently that the ending was both the same and different, and the same, and different, whatever the hell that means. 

This is probably fake, but it's fun to speculate. Until the books come out (I feel like a summer child for even typing that) we won't know for sure how close the ending is, or what it looks like in Martin's version. 

• Upvote 4

Just saw this on FB.

3232423.png.0864f2dfe8c137edac1872e9d484b577.png

LOL.  If I hadn't gotten my sister something for her birthday I'd be tempted to get her this.

• Haha 3

Ser Jorah, is that you?

Seriously, the guy looks a lot like our favorite member of House Friendzone.

• 7 months later...

And for educational content we have learning the alphabet with the Hound;

• Haha 3

• 2 years later...

Just saw this on CNN

familyTree.thumb.png.e588d489373b84c3122bfff8f2c16085.png

Being as snarky as I am several thoughts about how the family bush and tendency of said tree not to fork immediately popped into my head.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Just saw this on CNN

familyTree.thumb.png.e588d489373b84c3122bfff8f2c16085.png

Being as snarky as I am several thoughts about how the family bush and tendency of said tree not to fork immediately popped into my head.

The 1st episode was promising. I’m hesitant to get too attached, kind of like going into a new relationship after the last one was all passion and fireworks and then flamed out in a way that somehow was both stunningly bad and anticlimactic. But loving the costumes. And Matt Smith is a great actor.  Wish they didn’t highlight GoT events so much as a touchstone — I know it’s the point - but …… 

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed to GOT touch points.  

and I’m she who has read Fire and Blood part 1 that this was pulled from.  But it’s been a while.  Looking forward to this. 

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon

I wonder if somehow we’ll get to hear the whole jackass and honeycomb in a brothel joke during the series?  

On 8/22/2022 at 1:19 PM, Mama Mia said:

I’m hesitant to get too attached, kind of like going into a new relationship after the last one was all passion and fireworks and then flamed out in a way that somehow was both stunningly bad and anticlimactic. But loving the costumes. And Matt Smith is a great actor.  Wish they didn’t highlight GoT events so much as a touchstone — I know it’s the point - but …… 

Perfect way to describe what happened. I haven't been able to even look at this because I still haven't recovered. Made the ending of Lost look almost sensible.

Should I bother?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Perfect way to describe what happened. I haven't been able to even look at this because I still haven't recovered. Made the ending of Lost look almost sensible.

Should I bother?

I’m trying to think of it as just another HBO big budget series. So moderate expectations, like I’ll probably  watch it every week, but not set up a watch party or eagerly await Sunday night. So far it’s pretty good, honestly I’d probably find it even better if it wasn’t for the GoT set up/let down. some really disturbingly scenes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like we’re gonna have Pope Lannister 

7966A67F-B684-4D12-A336-3ECA9B488FB4.thumb.jpeg.50e302b4dc295dd99ff44fa9f4279037.jpeg

lol. I’m tempted.