IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

Co-signing @Cleopatra7 re TLC.  Unless, of course, they switch lanes, and turn it into a Kardashians-style thing - just as scripted, but upping the family drama.  So talking heads along the lines of "So, Joy, what did you think when you came back from honeymoon and found out about Josh's lawsuit?"...  telling them things the other people said about them, out of context, then asking what they think, etc etc.

Mind you, if TLC *do* quietly end things, there's only themselves to blame, and even the most rabid humper would understand the rationale. 

(Any lawyer-types have opinions on whether Josh's case makes things better or worse for the daughters' case?  I guess HIS lawyer would want to bring out the whole "mild, inappropriate touching"/"As they told Megyn Kelly, it wasn't that big a deal"/"it's very common in families we know" side, to say the press blew it all way out of proportion and made him sound like a rapist, etc etc...

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I had a feeling this would be real as soon as we started saying wait for the proof.  It reminded me of when the case first broke.  This may actually be the undoing of the show and the media attention.  Pride goeth before the fall. Josh will single handedly take this family down.  No doubt that they support him so they all had a hand in it. 

7 minutes ago, nst said:

apparently Karla Holmolka is no loner allowed to supervise other people's kids at her children's school 

and we aren't on those message boards - we are on this one discussing the bad man this guy is.  I have no interest to discuss other bad people because that would waste too much of my time. :D

My post is relevant to people on this board, who said Josh is the worst person ever.  

1 minute ago, SamiKatz said:

My post is relevant to people on this board, who said Josh is the worst person ever.  

That would be @nst, who you just responded to.

3 minutes ago, JMO said:

Unfortunately I had a feeling this would be real as soon as we started saying wait for the proof.  It reminded me of when the case first broke.  This may actually be the undoing of the show and the media attention.  Pride goeth before the fall. Josh will single handedly take this family down.  No doubt that they support him so they all had a hand in it. 

Yeah... I just don't like the speculation express going off the tracks on something like this without conclusive evidence to prove its true. Now that we do have that evidence though...

:trainwreck: :popcorn2:

21 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

They're at the bottom under the author's name. 

Reveal hidden contents

CSp7NHC.png

Reveal hidden contents

wbB8cPT.png

On a phone, yes. Not on a computer. :)

ETA Re the HuffPo thing, it says

The sisters claim that when they spoke to investigators as minors in 2006, they were told their statements would not be made public. Josh makes the same claims in his motion to intervene and cites the same law.

What evidence would they be able to provide of this?   Especially eg Joy, who was so young?

I guess I think that even Jill, as the oldest, would have a hard time proving exactly what was said.  I can't imagine for a moment that a good Police force really said "this will be kept secret and no one will ever know", because at that stage they were investigating a possible crime, and if they'd charged Josh, it all would have been repeated in Court, eg. 

(I used to do a lot of volunteering, and other work with kids, and child protection training always stressed ways to respond to a child who came to us saying they wanted to tell us something, but to promise not to tell anyone else, because we could never make that promise.  If abuse, or a crime, was disclosed, we should report it - and we were given training on how to say "I can't promise not to tell anyone, but I won't tell anyone unless it's absolutely necessary", in ways that would still encourage the to tell us things - because at that point, you don't know if the secret is that they're having a surprise party for a friend, or they want to reveal abuse, or 1000 other things.   I can't imagine a police force, what, 10 years ago?  wouldn't also have that that training (though I am assuming a professional police force rather than eg voted-in sheriffs...)

Do you think that Boobchelle had a clause put into the new counting on show contract that said anything that Josh does shouldn't be reflected back on the show? I'm only asking because Josh brought 19 Kids and Counting down and so do you think his father would be proactive in stopping him from ruining the new show? I'm just curious on how TLC will handle all of it. Like do you think they'll even comment on it? Or is it going to be another thing that's just ignored?

WTH! This is some crazy shit even for this crazy family, and normally I would say nothing surprise me with this lot anymore. But I just can't work it out at all. Why is he doing this and how does he think he can gain from this. I was sure this was fake news and too crazy to actually be true.

I can't stand this guy, really makes me want to punch my laptop whenever I see his gross smug face pop up. He was always a creepy pervy ego mad slimeball, but this is sociopath level. I preferred him when he was hiding under a rock away from view, at least then I could ignore him, and block his existence out. 

What was the point of hiding away for 2 years hoping people would forget, just to pull a total complete douche move like this now. I was never going to forget, I'm sure most wouldn't either but some would. I doubt even those few  'some' could make excuses to explain this latest action.

The girls lawsuit made me mad enough, for being money grabbing etc. But still I felt guilty thinking like that too, because what they went through was awful, and will always be awful no matter how much they deny it. Now I feel properly bad for the girls, if Josh's latest stunt impacts on them again. 

ETA For people like @SapphireSlytherin looking for the HuffPo comments on a computer/laptop, go right to the top, and in the left sidebar, under the social media icons (facebook is first) there's a grey speech bubble.  Click that and the comments appear in a pop-up

And if this does bring down the "Counting On" series for all of them, what a way to shoot yourself in the foot. They would have been able to marry and have babies for awhile longer at least. 

Such idiots. Unbelievable really, but not. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

And if this does bring down the "Counting On" series for all of them, what a way to shoot yourself in the foot. They would have been able to marry and have babies for awhile longer at least. 

Such idiots. Unbelievable really, but not. 

If it brings down the series (one can always hope), you know they'll pimp themselves out as "public speakers."

I'm hardly educated in the details of the lawsuit, but isn't his a contraindication to his sisters's? One kind of nullifies the other.  I also don't buy the whole loss of employment BS. FRC may of told him to resign or he would be fired, and where is the proof he tried to apply for jobs and was turned down? 

Joshly is such a puke wad.

He's claiming loss of employment? I'm pretty sure that even if the molestation details hadn't come out he still would have lost his job after the Ashley Madison hack.

How does Josh think the world works? I just don't understand how he thinks he could win this. 

This has to be the nail in the coffin-- but every time I think it is, it isn't. 

Thought one: He is being represented by the same lawyers. If a non was able conflict of interest hasn't happened yet it will. They will have to drop everyone as their clients and will be investigated and possibly punished by their respective state bar institutions. It was very iffy if they could even represent Jill/Jessa and Joy/jinger. I wouldn't have done it and most lawyers wouldn't either because the odds are so high that you would Ben forced to drop all and get no fees. With Josh it's a nightmare like this has the potential to be the textbook case on how to get yourself disbarred for representing different parties with non waivable conflicts of interest. I a man blown away that they found not one but two firms willing Tom do something so idiotic. 

Thought two: The girls best chance of recovery is the unavoidable legal malpractice case will be discussing in three to five years. This will tank the girls case and th same lawyers doing it blows my mind can't get over it.

Thought three: After reading his motion I am even more convinced that a motion to intervene is not the correct legal way of doing it it should be denied for that reason alone. He should have filed his own complaint and moved to consolidate. Not picky legal formality but it makes no sense this hurts their own clients the girls and doesn't help Josh. It has to be someone's idiotic plan to get around the statute of limitations for intentional torts, via the "relation back doctrine" but that won't work either.

I seriously don't understand this makes no legal sense and winning this argument tanks the girls case since to win you have to argue releasing Josh's name = the girls. However, for the girls best argument they need to argue the opposit. This is legal malpractice imo.

Any minute grain of sympathy I had for Josh is totally out the window. Yes he was raised in a horrible cult that I'm sure influenced his behavior and his parents get a hell of a lot of blame for not getting Josh proper treatment- but this right here is all Josh. He is an adult with 5 kids and is responsible for his own actions. Even if boob is pushing him towards this he is still an adult who could fight back against his father if he wanted to. He is such a disgusting human being to go out and seek sympathy for this. I wonder how his sisters feel about this and what this will do to their lawsuit and the show. I wonder if Anna is on board with this or if she just had to go along because headship? 

I wonder how Josh's siiblings, especially the four sisters (and their husbands), are feeling about this.

Beyond the fact that Smuggar is a reprehensible human being with no discernible redeeming qualities, I guess I just don't get it. 

The world doesn't owe any single one of us anything. You don't just turn 18 and get handed an adult card that magically comes with a reputation and a career. Having a ruined reputation does not necessitate owed damages. 

Furthermore, even if you do have a career and reputation you've built for yourself those things are not guaranteed to you forever just because you have them now. Josh resigned, and he may have been forced to make that choice so he was not fired. But a contract with a private employer can be revoked at any time. A person may have some avenue of recourse depending on their situation, but not in this one. 

How can he claim loss of employment when he willfully resigned? How can he claim loss of income going forward to the incident being made public either? He is not entitled to any other employer offering him a job. 

Joshley isn't just reprehensible, he is the ultimate picture of a speshul snowflake melting in the real fucking adult world .

What the actual hell? Smuggar is a disgusting puke. There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling.

The only logical reason I can see for this is that the Duggars want to maximize a potential pay day. I don't think they fa them how bad this looks to the outside world, because they live in their own fundie bubble where everyone only tells them how awesome and "godly" they are.

1 hour ago, nst said:

this was more intense to read and made me want to throttle josh even more. 

I just can't believe his audacity and sociopath nature

i can believe it because this is him. 

and his sisters I am sure don't sit around a table with him - oh wait they do 

why can't they cut the ties 

To give my opinion to "Why can't they cut the ties?" I think it boils down to brainwashing and unhealthy family boundaries. (http://www.boundariesbooks.com/)

This whole thing is sad. I would LOVE to be on The Magic School Bus and have Ms. Frizzle take us all into the inner thoughts of each of the sisters, the husbands, Josh, Anna and John David & Jana. After we all come out of the inner thoughts we will need therapy but maybe then we might understand a little or understand enough to try and get them to cut ties with the toxic family relationship.

18 minutes ago, Jess said:

Thought one: He is being represented by the same lawyers.

Where are you getting that? The HuffPo article says he isn't. I don't remember who the girls lawyers are but Josh's is a smarmy guy named Travis Story.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived