IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

OMG Anna eating that HUMONGOUS PICKLE at 58 seconds. I can't deal. I have died a fatal death laughing watching that. You know TLC did that on purpose!

The best part of that moment was that it was juxtaposed against Josh's voice over talking about the importance of purity before marriage. Also Josh handed her that pickle before she took a bite.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

However, he willfully resigned (officially) as opposed to being fired, which will make it harder for him to prove any damages.

Yes, important distinction right there. Of course, he could still argue that he was essentially backed into a corner and forced to resign, but still, he wasn't fired. He resigned.

Has he ever considered that maybe God is using this to punish him for his sin and his pride, and that he should quietly accept it and work on being a humble servant? No? Of course not! Molest your sisters, cheat on your wife, then sue for damages because other people ruined your earning potential by exposing your disgusting behaviour to the world - your earning potential, which was based on the facade of your supposedly saintly lifestyle and ethos.

Yep. So Christian of you, Joshua. I guess he's just following the teachings of Jesus: "If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, and the tabloids expose his true nature to the world, let him sue for damages, for all my white male followers shall be privileged above all, and shall be above the law, and shall be permitted to molest their sisters and cheat on their wives with impunity, and the world shall owe them riches and glory."

As far as Josh's damage claims goes I wonder if the nature of his employment matter as it was quite unusual, it's not like he was a professional welder or an accountant.

He was a reality TV star and a spokesman for family values (while cheating on his wife.)  What lifetime career source of income is he delusional enough to feel robbed of?

I think the molestation was a big deal, since that caused his resignation and all that fall out, but honestly, had it not been followed up with the AM situation, it might have been mostly forgotten about and he could have moved to a neighboring state and gotten a  normal job of sorts. But because of his issues and the AM thing, it just kept all of it recycling in the news longer and longer, his fault :) . 

Plus, he was robbed due to his own vile actions coming to light! And even if the molestations had never become known, the Ashley Madison thing happened just a couple months later. So what is he arguing? "I should've been allowed to make money by seeking to curtail other people's rights, all the while leading a sinful double life"? "How dare the tabloids expose my hypocrisy and allow the public to judge me the same way I judge them"?

It's being reported in a few more places now. Perez, starcasm... so not really shining pillars of journalistic integrity.

I did see this at the bottom of patheos' article:

IMG_7728.thumb.PNG.ec1b4bffd5c9a3da2c0bac454f151218.PNG

I'm dying. Like, seriously. It's been real guys! :laughing-rolling:

I think generally TMZ, while totally wallowing in the dregs of humanity, are usually pretty trustworthy when it comes to legal matters. 

It does seem unbelievable though. Just think about explaining it to someone who doesn't know anything about the Duggars. 

It's called Karma, it comes around and Josh it was your turn when this all came to light.

I'm having such a hard time believing this one...I'm holding out on even trying to believe it until I see some documents bc this is just so incredibly nonsensical, even for the duggars...:my_huh:

So when is JB going to sue? Surely  he was victimized the most! He lost his show. He had to sell off his girls at a bargain. His reputation suffered. His political ambitions were thwarted. Nobody thinks of poor JB!  Just imagine the sleepless nights, and effort he had to put in ignoring his family's distress. And all this suffering he bore in media silence. He should get ten mil, at least.

josh playing the victim is the most disgusting thing ever.. he thinks he is the victim!!!  Smells like someone played him and made him believe it wasn't his fault. His arrogant ass. I really can't stand him or his parents.

Josh has no case none nada zip. Even if he didn't have thto statute of limitations probems. The newsworthy doctrine definently trumps all when it comes to him. All he has is the very very very flimsy claim that they weren't subject to the foia law as it was written. There is no privacy conflict like with the girls. The girls can argue that it wasn't properly released because of their right to privacy. Josh can't his privacy interest is very clearly overwhelming outweighed by the newsworthiness of him molesting children. He will never win anything. 

3 minutes ago, Jess said:

Josh has no case none nada zip. Even if he didn't have thto statute of limitations probems. The newsworthy doctrine definently trumps all when it comes to him. All he has is the very very very flimsy claim that they weren't subject to the foia law as it was written. There is no privacy conflict like with the girls. The girls can argue that it wasn't properly released because of their right to privacy. Josh can't his privacy interest is very clearly overwhelming outweighed by the newsworthiness of him molesting children. He will never win anything. 

can you please promise me that.  Because he is the most awful person in the world. 

17 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

I think generally TMZ, while totally wallowing in the dregs of humanity, are usually pretty trustworthy when it comes to legal matters. 

TMZ, believe it or not, tends to be fairly reliable.  That's because since they are basically the forefront of terrible paparazzo rumor rags, they are also at high, HIGH risk for a lawsuit if they print something incorrect.  To mitigate this risk, they tend to vet their stories and sources reasonably well before going to press.  Their game is paying top dollar for reliable info, assuring everyone will turn to them FIRST with a story, and then they can pick and choose from there.  

In terms of sports news, TMZ is 200% more accurate than even more mainline places like ESPN (who are crap, honestly).  

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

TMZ, believe it or not, tends to be fairly reliable. 

Yep, exactly what I was saying! They really, really don't want to get sued. And they have teams of people scouring legal documents looking for the next big scoop. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

can you please promise me that.  Because he is the most awful person in the world. 

Josh winning money from in touch would mean the Supreme Court overturning every case they have ever ruled on regarding public figures right to privacy in the last 50 years. Like it would be the court case all others cited and set legal precedent for decades to come. It would change how the first amendment works. This would completely unheard of. 

Josh winning against the city and county is nearly as unlikely has no case against them on any claim but the foia one meaning they applied the law as it was written in 2015 incorrectly, which seems incredibly unlikely based on everything I have seen. Even then for a jury to award him damages would mean they found six people who felt bad for a Josh...  I mean juries are real people it's not going to happen. 

It just hurts his sisters. 

Maybe this is some kind of legal tactic that makes sense based on information we don't have about negotiations happening behind the scenes but it makes no sense whatsoever to me.

If anything has ever shown the true nature of the Duggar brand this has got to be it.  There is nothing more vile than a so called christian (person or group) trying. To capitalize on their own abhorrent behaviour.  This narcissistic family has done nothing but dishonour, dismiss, and defile any cause for Christ.  they have clearly defined they serve the God of money.  I didn't think they could cause me to have anymore contempt towards them but this just pushed me over the edge.

He might not be able to get some cushy job that he wants, but if he wanted to work, there are jobs that will have him--as a sexual offender that is.
Night shift warehouse cleaners (didn't a Bates woman clean at night?), food service... there's a lot he could do. But he doesn't WANT to do. That's the real issue. 

I actually watched his wedding episode recently, and the way he was talking through the 'birds and the bees' talk with JB (and just some of the jokes he was making) were pretty secular. I feel like he was given a lot of rope, and he hung himself pretty good. Also, Michelle ended up talking a lot about how you have to honor and treat your wife with utmost respect (wow, has that changed!). 
I really feel like they knew there was something off and just wanted to get the wedding over with before he exploded. 

17 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Yep, exactly what I was saying! They really, really don't want to get sued. And they have teams of people scouring legal documents looking for the next big scoop. 

The only issue I see is that TMZ didn't break the story. Daily Mail did. Daily Mail is the one claiming to have exclusively obtained the documents, but didn't offer any proof. No one else is offering evidence either - they're pretty much just reporting what Daily Mail is claiming.

Could media outlets other than Daily Mail be held legally responsible by the Duggars if this is a fake story and if the Duggars decide another lawsuit is a great life choice?

15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Could media outlets other than Daily Mail be held legally responsible by the Duggars if this is a fake story and if the Duggars decide another lawsuit is a great life choice?

Oh I didn't realize! Hmmm that might actually change things. I'm still guessing it's a true story though. 

And yes I'm guessing they could sue too. 

"victimized and forced to relieve the painful and difficult circumstances of a traumatic experience as a juvenile."

Well, if this is true, his lawsuit has a misspelling, which seems lame and makes it less believable.

Also, I still, 2 years later, cannot get over the fact that he immediately resigned. Like, I can believe that he would do that in that situation. Makes sense. But what is still astounding to me and is that he had in his past something that he felt that, if released, would mean he should resign. If I had a secret that would force me to resign from my job if it came out, I could never live with myself and go to work everyday knowing that! Let alone everyone in his family knowing and not being bothered by it, let alone my job being to fight for Jeebus values?!

1 hour ago, nst said:

It's a big world. Lots of people are more awful, or at least awful to more people. Donald Trump, for instance.

Smuggar is a victim? I just can't. 

Going from tRump to Duggars to that Lori woman just too many sociopaths and horrid people. I have to visualize good things; puppies, kittens, trains and bacon.  Puppies, kittens, trains and bacon..lots and lots of bacon. 

Gee Joshley. If you don't want to be made out to be a pariah you should, I don't know, not diddle little girls?

This is unbelievable. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived