IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

This makes no sense to me. 

1. A motion to intervene isn't even the proper way for him to sue in touch and the others. As I have explained his legal issues are different then the girls. A motion to intervene is only if they will decide issues that would effect you. If he wanted to sue them the proper thing to do is to make his own complaint and file it then move to consolidate the matters for discovery and trial. 

2. He is past the statute of limations for the intentional tort claims which is everything against in touch. The only way to do this is to make something called a "relation back doctrine" argument. I would need to brush up on my understanding since I have never needed to make it, but I don't see any way he would win. 

3. His case is horrible and his involvement only hurts his sisters. 

4. Who is representing him? It was ethically iffy for the same law firm to represent all four sisters. They really should each have their own. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go away from the site for an hour to get some work done and come back to this? Holy hell....

25 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Hey Joshie - sue your parents.  If they had handled your molestation properly from the very first time they became aware of it - then you could have gotten proper help for your illness; and through following the proper legal channels, your sisters would have had their privacy protected.  Sue your parents for going forward in participating in a national TV show, thereby making them and all their children public figures.  

Exactly! That's the only way he could possibly be a victim. Otherwise, he deserves absolutely nothing...except perhaps time in a real prison cell.

The Duggars, every damn one of them is a  money wh*re. Nothing more, nothing. They need to skip the Jesus talk. AND, if the Duggar parents hadn't been so hypersexual and hyperfocused on procreating the next kid maybe they could have properly raised, monitored and supervised the kids that they already had.  They were and are so irresponsible...they both deserve swift kicks to their arses. GD it this pisses me off. Back when this was first exposed, my first thought was why did they keep having kids when they couldn't protect the ones they already had?

17 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I go away from the site for an hour to get some work done and come back to this? Holy hell....

Haha same here...saw the thread was hot and wondered what I could have missed! Well this sure is interesting....

What. The. Fuck.

Actually I'm kinda glad he's doing this. He had been hiding for so long I was starting to hate the Dillard's more than him. Luckily he has now reminded me of how awful he is. Thanks Smuggar! :my_angry: 

https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/arml/TortImunity_Nov2012_WEB.pdf

I did a little looking into the tort immunity in Arkansas and it looks like the courts have held that is applies to negligence based torts not intentional torts. However, they have sometimes allowed city's to argue it applies to intentional torts on a case by case basis. Since the torts at issue in this case are intentional it will likely not help the city/county against the duggars.

This. This right here is why I keep saying that the Duggars are nowhere near as cunning and calculating as so many think they are. They're simply. too. dumb. 

I think JB is playing a long game.    Filing these lawsuits doesn't cost him anything.

If nothing else, he is fanning the tabloid interest.  He could be working to get a book deal out of it, some paid appearances on Fox to rail against the librul media that violated his pure and innocent daughters privacy, etc.  

If they get a settlement, he wins, bigly.  If they don't get a settlement, he still wins because he has the four girls out there garnering sympathy and clicks.  Josh can play the victim to earn his keep too.

There is nothing this guy won't do to whore out his kid's lives.  There is zero acknowledgement that the cause of the pedophile incest commited by Josh was sanctioned by their crappy belief system.  There is no awareness that the reason the media jumped on the story was because of his self professed holiness and involvement in trying to deny LBGQT their rights in society.

JB and Michele did everything wrong in the situation, they didn't deal with Josh, but worse they put the burden of the molestation on the girls.  They locked them in a bedroom, but made them live and serve their abusive brother.  Think about the feelings of the sister assaulted in the laundry room, still having that job and forced to wash her abusers clothes, just for one example.

This can't be good for Anna's pregnancy. As if she wasn't stressed enough.

I don't think they're playing any kind of game, honestly. Even JB. Or rather, I think the game they're playing is the 'we are fundamentalists and we genuinely believe that we are right and the sinful world is out to get us'. Why file the lawsuit? Because Josh actually believes he's been wronged and deserves compensation, of course. I don't think there's any savvy PR strategy happening here. I think they're just proving once again how completely divorced from reality they are.

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Anna has my sympathies. She likely agrees with the lawsuit but she still has my sympathies. She's still married to Josh Duggar. 

42 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

The shit hath hitteth the fan-eth

love me some 10 things I hate about you!

23 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Anna has my sympathies. She likely agrees with the lawsuit but she still has my sympathies. She's still married to Josh Duggar. 

I really feel bad for Anna. I don't think she truly knew what she was getting into and now she's stuck. It would be nice if she didn't keep bringing new children into the situation though.

7 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Ugh. Daddy Keller is even worse than JB or Joshley. 

Both Keller parents wear huge daft smiles. Mrs Keller's smile seems permanently fixed. Unless she is talking. 

Knowing what their poor daughter has gone through in the years since that interview, I wonder,if just for a few seconds, they ever consider just how wrong their way is?

Esther was only had one or two kids then, John boy hadn't shown his true colours.

Oh boy were those girls unlucky in their parents.

( hope that makes sense. I'm still drinking my Trump rant calm down wine)

Since SmugDug is adding himself onto an existing lawsuit by the girls, would they have to give him permission? Or can he just legally butt in?

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I do honestly feel for Anna. But I feel more for his victims.

Like Jill. Not only is she heavily pregnant, but the brother who molested her allegedly filed a lawsuit because he feels victimized by the media printing what he did. And I feel bad for Joy, who just got married and is dealing with this shit. And Jinger, who is seven months into a whole new life and is a newlywed as well. And Jessa, who is a new mom of two little boys.

ETA: As far as I can see, its still only being reported by Daily Mail and TMZ. No documents have been printed as proof so far either.

I guess Josh's justification would be "It was a long time ago, and I paid my price at the time, and it's unfair I lost my job over this - and God is the only authority, and if he's forgiven me, it's unfair to keep throwing it back in my face.  I can't get another Washington job, or any of the TLC money, so the only way I could support my family is by suing".

Of course I don't agree with any of it, but it's the only way I can make sense of it.  Especially because, starting at the beginning, he never did get any help for it - he was shipped off to do physical labour, shamed a lot, and never given any kind of counselling/treatment to help him understand what he did wrong, or why he did it.

What does make me wonder if this was all planned is the $15 million payout number.  It seemed a weird number to split between 4 people, but I figured some of it might be for lawyers etc.  Unless they were always planning this, a nice round $3 million each for 5 siblings?

I dunno, I'm completely baffled by this whole thing.

I think Josh lost his job because of the Ashley Madison thing though.  The molestation was "forgiven", but being unfaithful was too big of a deal for FRC.

I have not one bit of sympathy for him.

2 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I think Josh lost his job because of the Ashley Madison thing though.  The molestation was "forgiven", but being unfaithful was too big of a deal for FRC.

Nope... believe it or not, he actually resigned in the wake of the molestation scandal. By the time the Ashley Madison thing broke, he'd already been gone for two or three months.

4 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I have not one bit of sympathy for him.

EDIT: IGNORE ME, @singsingsingis correct.

However, he willfully resigned (officially) as opposed to being fired, which will make it harder for him to prove any damages.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall the next time the 'church elders' meet - this kind of belies his "confession" in a pretty undeniable way.

Apart from which, part of atoning and being pardoned is supposed to include carrying the weight of your sins for as long as God sends you associated trouble.

...but what am I saying - of course, he's only a hobbyist Christian...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived