IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 28 - A Mild Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

Continued from here: 

The courtships, engagements, and weddings roll on.  Jackson is now a teen and seems to have missed his messy sundae.  We have years of law suit discussions in our future!

Title by Buzzard.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, okay, I am definitely not a Degreed Law Professional(tm), but I play one on forums sometimes.  Still, ever go to Arkansas's "Court Connect" website?   It's amazing what you can find if you're looking.  We have so open of laws that we can see information on the Duggar's guardianship petition over the child in their custody, even.  

I'm hoping someone has a PACER account already active, but since they filed federally and I saw the case in the PACER index on Justia, I'm pretty sure we can see what defenses the city and the magazine use whenever they are finally served and answer formally.

For people not wanting public records about their molestation available, they're sure making them available permanently now.  I mean, I do get that the barn door had been open for awhile, but again... I don't think this is going to go well or be good psychologically for the girls in the end.  Even non-trial depositions will be uncomfortable for them, and if any of the defendants get to depose Jim Bob, Michelle, Josh himself, or Jim Holt.... those will be brutal.  And all of tbat would be before a trial or MSJ.

And since I think JB/M are the driving motivators behind this lawsuit, I hope that they pay for it if a prevailing defendant demands restitution for legal fees.  I don't think Jinger's hubby, at least, wants to go bankrupt, he may have assets of his own to protect.

I am convinced the victims wew coached, and the abuse was much worse than we are led to believe. That plus the fact that molestations happened multiple time's tells me these ARE NOT the actions of a sexually curious teenage boy with no outlet for that curiosity. Josh is sick, disturbed person, and I believe he has more victims out there.

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I can't believe Jackson is 13! :o 

Ditto.  I remember being pregnant with my nearly 12 yr od (birthday tomorrow!!) and watching 14 Children and Pregnant Again.

:wtsf:

Love the thread title...

I have never been able to wrap my head around the fact that Jill and Jessa were "Informed" of the abuse by their idiot parents.

It just doesn't make any sense at all. If they were sleeping that deeply, someone saw- I mean there were at least 6 sisters in that room at the time and didn't infant boys sleep there too?...  I think Jana or a littlun saw...Creepy older male in a room with multiple girls and infants...Someone fed those girls this line. 

20 minutes ago, moriah said:

And since I think JB/M are the driving motivators behind this lawsuit, I hope that they pay for it if a prevailing defendant demands restitution for legal fees.  I don't think Jinger's hubby, at least, wants to go bankrupt, he may have assets of his own to protect.

In the United States its nearly impossible to get legal fees. It has to be a completely meritless suit that was basically only made to harass the defendants. There is no chance in touch or the city would get legal fees in this case. 

I am also looking forward to reading the answers, but it will but it will be at least a few weeks possibly even a couple months depending on when they bare served and if they ask for extra time to answer.

Memo to self: Don't try to quickly scan the Free Jinger thread titles when gobbling a post-work snack.

:penguin-no:

Best laugh I've had all day, cheers me dear! :happy:

Love the title, thanks @Buzzard!

I will say that I always thought the phrase "mild inappropriate touching" was so much WTF.  It's still abuse dammit.  I was astounded that it was described that way not only by JB / J'chelle but the girls were obviously fed that line.

40 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

I have never been able to wrap my head around the fact that Jill and Jessa were "Informed" of the abuse by their idiot parents.

Same here.  Why on earth did they tell those two?    Being motivated by honesty, perhaps?  But as pointed out, in a culture that guilts women for unknowingly tempting men when they are conscious this put the girls through all sorts of needless mindfuckery.

Josh is responsible but as the parents in this mess, JB and J'chelle bear even more for failing not just their son and their victimized daughters but the entire family.

Love the thread title!!

@gustava they're just under 2 weeks. They get 2-3 cc's out of a dropper every 2-3 hours. Two of the 4 are already past the goal of doubling their birthweight and the others should make weight by the end of the day. We also have to help them potty. They're just starting to open their eyes. They're cute but if I wasn't on massive steroids after getting poison oak I'd be exhausted!

As someone who was also informed of abuse later on, it's probably for the better. Then they don't get into the same situation I was in where I was wondering if I was having weirdly specific nightmares or repressing memories.

Either way, I'm sure they were told because that's the only way Joshley could repent. God wouldn't forgive him unless they told the sisters they were molested first. 

I never believed they didn't know what happened, and had to be informed of it later on.  I always believed they were fully aware of the molestation, and the slept through it thing was made up to make Josh's behavior seem less severe.

27 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I never believed they didn't know what happened, and had to be informed of it later on.  I always believed they were fully aware of the molestation, and the slept through it thing was made up to make Josh's behavior seem less severe.

It's not uncommon for child victims to pretend to be asleep.  The story may not be made up, per se, it may be that in the environment they were and are still in, the victims feel unsafe and were and are not comfortable revealing the truth.  The family has really seized on this aspect in order to downplay what happened, so there is extra pressure for the victims to stick to this story.  

It's incredibly common for it to take YEARS for the full story behind abuse in the home to be told, if it ever is at all.  And while the abuse may be in the past, JB and Michelle are RIGHT NOW working to obstruct that process.  They are not supporting the victims in processing this and encouraging them to feel safe in working through what happened.  They are supporting JOSH and encouraging the victims to sacrifice themselves for his well being.  That's RIGHT NOW.  That's not in the past AT ALL.

And it's disgusting.  I hope they have to answer for it someday.  

2 hours ago, moriah said:

For people not wanting public records about their molestation available, they're sure making them available permanently now.  I mean, I do get that the barn door had been open for awhile, but again... I don't think this is going to go well or be good psychologically for the girls in the end.  Even non-trial depositions will be uncomfortable for them, and if any of the defendants get to depose Jim Bob, Michelle, Josh himself, or Jim Holt.... those will be brutal.  And all of tbat would be before a trial or MSJ.

Its interesting that Intouch doesnt seem to have published an article even mentioning the lawsuit.  I'm sure their lawyers told them not to comment, since they're named... but the depositions will give them enough ammo for an entire years worth of articles.  Even if this case is headed for mediation (and I dont think it is, Intouch is going to want solid law on this) the pleadings are going to be very painful for this sheltered bunch.  

I guess we'll find out if the girls ever got an (real) counseling, or any cult counseling.  They may get into nitty gritty sexual details on Joshly... I'll be particularly interested to know if the girls were coached, and they WILL be asked that.  Just remember, lies make baby jebus cry (and can land you in contempt).

What do we think is the earliest we will actually hear more about this lawsuit from the courts? when could proceedings (depositions, etc) actually start?

1 minute ago, karen77 said:

What do we think is the earliest we will actually hear more about this lawsuit from the courts? when could proceedings (depositions, etc) actually start?

Answers should be filed in the next couple of weeks.  Depositions will take a lot more time, but interrogatories should be in the next couple on months.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Answers should be filed in the next couple of weeks.  Depositions will take a lot more time, but interrogatories should be in the next couple on months.

what Answers are we expecting and from whom? (sorry, i suck at this stuff!)

Each named party will "answer" the complaint.  It will likely be "this is bullshit and should be dismissed" but will take 30 pages and say that will bigger words.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Each named party will "answer" the complaint.  It will likely be "this is bullshit and should be dismissed" but will take 30 pages and say that will bigger words.

gotcha :) so basically putting their "plea" in. then the real stuff starts, and hopefully it doesn't take forever to see how things will play out, who's to be interviewed, etc.

3 minutes ago, karen77 said:

gotcha :) so basically putting their "plea" in. then the real stuff starts, and hopefully it doesn't take forever to see how things will play out, who's to be interviewed, etc.

Its Federal court. It will take forever.  Thats the only sure thing in this.

2 hours ago, moriah said:

So the girls women get sacrificed to the altar of the almighty dollar by their parents yet again. Granted JB and Michelle are going to get what they want which is keeping the Duggars in the news.

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So the girls women get sacrificed to the altar of the almighty dollar by their parents yet again. Granted JB and Michelle are going to get what they want which is keeping the Duggars in the news.

Exactly! Shockingly the news comes out just before Joy's Wedding and oh! We have a new season of Counting On in June. The almighty dollar comes way before Jesus or others for JB and Mullet. 

The other thing that really burns me is that Josh's behavior is labeled "curious" - Methodical abuse of 5 differently aged/developed girls is not "CURIOSITY."

Can JB and Michelle be held accountable for outing Joy as one of the victims? They did mention the age range for her (single digest).

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • hoipolloi unpinned this topic

Archived