IGNORED

Racists Caught on Tape

47of74

Well, technically, this is an anonymous letter writter who hasn't been caught yet, but I have been really moved by the community response. 

A youth soccer coach in Eagle, Idaho deals with prejudice as he coaches a racially diverse team.

A local soccer coach has spent the last few days in shock after receiving a letter filled with racial slurs directed at his soccer players.

He found an anonymous letter on his windshield, in front of his home.

On Sunday, it got worse when Tarkon found the letter on his car's windshield.

(I found the best quote of the letter in this article.)

"It’s because of liberals like you that our state is full of [n-word] and wet-----,” the anonymous letter reads. “Your [n-word] boy made the soccer field unclean by stepping on it. You are no better than the trash families you have. You are trash.

"Be careful.”

Coach Jeromy Tarkon doesn't plan to give up or give in to hate.

Instead of fighting hate with hate, Tarkon has a message for whoever wrote the letter.

"Come on, come hang out with us. Come meet the kids, come meet the families, spend the day with us," he said. "Your view will change. They're the greatest people you'll ever meet, hands down."

I also liked the rant a local news anchor went on, but I could only find video, so no quotes.

http://www.ktvb.com/mobile/video/news/local/mark-johnson-on-racist-letter-to-soccer-coach-this-is-another-rallying-opportunity/277-2892397

Both the responses I've heard so far are from white men. I like their thoughts, but I'm looking forward to hearing from more diverse voices.

ETA--The young woman who reported on the story before the anchor's rant is a POC, but she was reporting facts more than commenting or giving her opinion. She only made a brief  comment before she turned it over to him.

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
ETA
  • Upvote 1

On 1/26/2018 at 9:22 AM, 47of74 said:

And Spencer, Iowa is joining in now on the racism

This is the same part of Iowa that keeps sending Steve King (R-fuckstick) to Congress.

What's this?  When I was in school, simply rude behavior from fans would have gotten the team disqualified and an automatic win to the other team.

One year some fans (mostly high schoolers) would cheer when their own players were introduced but when the other team was introduced, they would stand up and turn their backs.  They pulled out newspapers and made a big show of ignoring the other team while pretending to read the paper and chanting "Losers!" 

As might be expected, eventually some kids brought newspapers and prepared to treat the next team the way we'd been treated.  It didn't happen because there were signs telling the crowd to be respectful or the game would be cancelled.  When the teams prepared to go on the field to be introduced, the announcer specifically said that if there was overt disrespect or heckling by one side, their team would forfeit the game.  We had high hopes of winning State that year, you can be sure that everyone was looking at everyone else with an eye towards toning things down.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Flossie said:

What's this?  When I was in school, simply rude behavior from fans would have gotten the team disqualified and an automatic win to the other team.

One year some fans (mostly high schoolers) would cheer when their own players were introduced but when the other team was introduced, they would stand up and turn their backs.  They pulled out newspapers and made a big show of ignoring the other team while pretending to read the paper and chanting "Losers!" 

As might be expected, eventually some kids brought newspapers and prepared to treat the next team the way we'd been treated.  It didn't happen because there were signs telling the crowd to be respectful or the game would be cancelled.  When the teams prepared to go on the field to be introduced, the announcer specifically said that if there was overt disrespect or heckling by one side, their team would forfeit the game.  We had high hopes of winning State that year, you can be sure that everyone was looking at everyone else with an eye towards toning things down.

Yeah, the district I grew up in would have done the same.  Hell the district I grew up in would severely punish a whole class of students just to get the one or two people who misbehaved, and told any parents who complained to go fornicate themselves.  

I think that's what needs to happen here.  Announce it quite thoroughly before a game and make it clear that if there's disrespect towards the other team or their fans that the game will automatically be forfeited and those students that can be identified as participants will be severely punished.  And it applies whether it's from the kids or their branch trumpvidian parents who are behaving badly.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

A California nurse stepped in it up to her neck and has joined the unemployment line as a result; 

Kaiser Permanente has parted ways with a nurse whose Facebook comments about Stephon Clark, the unarmed black man killed by Sacramento police on March 18, incited a social media firestorm after an activist put them in the spotlight.

The comment: "Yeah but he was running from the police jumping over fences and breaking in peoples houses... why run??!!! He deserved it for being stupid."

Activist Christina Arechiga told The Sacramento Bee earlier this week that she was so disgusted by the statement from a woman named Faith Linthicum that she went to her Facebook profile to learn more about her. Many such comments come from people outside the region, Arechiga said, and she wanted to know whether this one did as well.

She said she was shocked to discover that not only did Linthicum live in the Sacramento region but she also worked as a nurse in labor and delivery at Kaiser Permanente's Roseville Medical Center. People of color were unwittingly entrusting their infants to this woman, Arechiga said, and their insurance dollars were paying her salary.

And may I say....

haha.png.e70f41754591ef956764c6e49afdcfac.png

Cry me a fucking river, lady.  You deserve to get fired a lot more than Clark ever did to get shot.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• 4 weeks later...

Karma took a big ol' bite out of a racist, homophobic man's backside

A man has been forced to close his used car business after his Facebook page was loaded with a series of one-star reviews following an incident in which he and his mother shouted homophobic slurs at a pregnant soldier.

Robbie Tucker and his 71-year-old mother went viral earlier this month when a short video of them lambasting two soldiers over a parking dispute in Macon, Georgia, was posted online. 

The video, which was posted on Facebook, has been watched by 2.7 million people to date – and those people are not happy with Tucker and his mother.

Since the deluge of posts criticising the business, Tucker has marked his car repair shop as “permanently closed.”

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Karma took a big ol' bite out of a racist, homophobic man's backside

Well deserved karma.  Maybe his MIL can support his miserable behind.  I believe the MIL was employed as a college lecturer.  Hope not any longer.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another racist fuck caught on tape calling the cops on a black family 

A white woman called police on a black family for barbecuing at an Oakland, California, park — and broke down sobbing after they confronted her.

Michelle Snider recorded video of the incident late last month at Lake Merritt, where another visitor called police because she believed the family was breaking park rules by cooking, reported KRON-TV.

“This is exactly what is the problem with Oakland today,” Snider said. “This lady wants to sit here and call the police on them for having a barbecue at the lake as if this is not normal.”

The woman tells Snider that charcoal grills are “illegal” in that part of the park, and she calls police and threatens the black family with jail.

• Sad 1
  • WTF 1

Another one

A white man in South Carolina sought a hit man to kill his black neighbor, hang the body from a tree and leave a “flaming cross” on the neighbor’s lawn, according to a court filing.

Fortunately for the neighbor, the hit man was an undercover agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The man accused of doing the hiring, Brandon Cory Lecroy, 25, was indicted by a grand jury this week on two charges related to the scheme. He faces up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000 if convicted.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, a confidential source tipped off the F.B.I. on March 19 that Mr. Lecroy, of Hodges, S.C., had reached out to an unnamed white supremacist organization seeking help in the murder.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

And here's an idiot in NYC getting caught on tape

A Jewish lawyer in New York was caught berating Spanish-speaking workers at a Manhattan restaurant and threatening to call immigration agents on them in a clip shared widely on social media.

Aaron Schlossberg had a meltdown in a Fresh Kitchen in East Midtown Wednesday morning after hearing some of the employees speak Spanish to one another and to Spanish-speaking customers, Gothamist first reported.

“Every person I listen to — he’s speaking it, she’s speaking it. This is America!” the man shouted. The man appeared to be filming the encounter, as did one of the employees and other customers in the restaurant.

“Your clients and your staff are speaking Spanish to staff when they should be speaking English,” the man said to the manager. “My guess is they’re undocumented, so my next call is to ICE to have each one of them taken out of my country. If they have the balls to come here and live off my money — I pay for their welfare. I pay for their ability to be here.”

• WTF 4

And now said NYC lawyer Aaron Schlossberg is learning that Branch Douchevidian type behavior has consequences

The unwitting star of a viral video, in which he delivered a racist rant in a Midtown restaurant, emerged Thursday from his Manhattan apartment without any comment on his sudden notoriety.

Schlossberg, 42, wore a black ski cap, blue suit, white shirt and a striped tie as he hid behind an umbrella for about 10 minutes while ignoring questions from reporters.

The attorney, who received national scorn for his crude commentary, did call the police after accusing a Daily News reporter and photographer of harassment.

It was a drastic departure from his frothing attack on Spanish speakers during the Tuesday lunch hour inside the Fresh Kitchen restaurant on Madison Ave.

Uh-huh counsel.  You made this bed.  Now you fornicating well lie in it.  

If I had my way he'd never practice law in this country again.  Unfortunately though that doesn't appear at all likely.

Despite a massive backlash from his viral racist rant, Aaron Schlossberg likely won’t be disbarred for the outburst.

Lawyers facing complaints for incidents like the one involving Schlossberg, who went off on people speaking Spanish in a deli, generally result in reprimands, experts said.

“Mr. Schlossberg could be disciplined for this conduct but it will not lead to disbarment,” said Stephen Gillers, a professor of legal ethics at New York University.

“Factors a disciplinary committee will consider in deciding what if any discipline is warranted include extenuating circumstances and whether Mr. Schlossberg has prior discipline. If he does not, I think the most serious discipline he could face would be a private admonition if he has a clean record. That means the discipline will not become public,” he said.

I saw where a Congressman is going to file a grievance against him with the state though.  Speaking as a future lawyer I hope Schlossberg has to eat his words in front of a disciplinary committee. 

• Upvote 3

Why is the racist always yelling at the EMPLOYED person about welfare. One, they are employed and likely wouldn't qualify for welfare (even if they could get it as an undocumented immigrant). Two, if someone that IS employed qualifies for welfare that is a whole different conversation we need to have. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yep, it's been confirmed that he was given the boot by the people he had been leasing the space from.  

Racist lawyer Aaron Schlossberg will have to find new office space — and an attorney of his own.

The 44-year-old was kicked out of his Madison Avenue work space Thursday after he was was captured in a hate-filled rant at Spanish-speaking restaurant workers— and then a Congressman filed a formal complaint to the state court system’s disciplinary committee.

Schlossberg had been using a business center in 275 Madison Ave. as an office address for his private law firm — but has been given the boot over the shocking video that went viral Wednesday.

“We have terminated his services agreement with us,” Hayim Grant, the president of Corporate Suites, which operates the business center, told The Post Thursday, adding that he was “completely shocked” by the nearly minute-long clip.

Awaiting the various displays of butt hurt and wailing and knashing of teeth by him and various Branch Trumpvidians over how mean these people are being to his highness.  

• Upvote 4

LOL...coward

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Aaron Schlossberg has been filmed being racist on more than one occasion. The reviews left on yelp for his law firm are hilarious and a gofundme was set up for a Mariachi band to play outside his office.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Aaron Schlossberg has been filmed being racist on more than one occasion. The reviews left on yelp for his law firm are hilarious and a gofundme was set up for a Mariachi band to play outside his office.

Yeah, the blowback continues;

Around 500 people gathered outside the angry attorney's W. 60th St. apartment building Friday waving flags from Mexico, Colombia and Puerto Rico, while a five-piece mariachi band played "La Cucaracha" to the crowd — who gripped maracas with Schlossberg's face on them.

As Latin music boomed from speakers, a few people had messages for the short-tempered shyster — who was nowhere to be found.

Schlossberg's old law associates at his Madison Ave. office have also thrown him under the bus.

"I neither share nor condone (his) views. . . . I am an immigrant, many of my friends are immigrants and they are the hardest working, loyal and generous people that I know," said attorney Catherine Lyster. "I want no further association with him or his views."

I wouldn't be surprised if this fornicate face supporter will wind up in a Professional Responsibility casebook on the consequences of being an asshole in public.

• Upvote 1

He's sorry....

...that he got caught.  Not for anything he said.  This was someone who responded to the Racist NYC Lawyer....

• Upvote 3

Nice how he glosses over reports that this is far from an isolated incident.

• Upvote 3

Whiny Racist Lawyer™ is whining that his colleagues are harassing him

The Manhattan lawyer who was caught on video spewing racist remarks at Spanish-speaking workers threw a tantrum in the halls of justice Wednesday and accused other attorneys of “harassing” him.

Aaron Schlossberg’s meltdown came in an eighth-floor hallway in Manhattan civil court, where he was singled out for his embarrassing tirade last Tuesday that’s since gone viral.

“It’s the racist lawyer! F–k that guy!” one female attorney yelled, as she and other lawyers whipped out their cellphones to snap photos.

Schlossberg turned to a court officer and whined, “They’re harassing me in the hallway!” after ducking into a courtroom.

karma.jpg.5e114f2254a572439b6b9abec33b1e67.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Judge must be bucking for a Supreme Court seat.  What a fucking joke. 

• Upvote 1