IGNORED

Virtuous Daughters Blogger in Israel

GeoBQn

I sometimes check in on Samantha, the blogger who writes Virtuous Daughters.  A quick summary:

• She is older than 30, no marriage and no children.
  • She is probably like this because her parents have a 170-point questionnaire to give to all potential suitors.
  • She is a Fake Jew.
  • She celebrates Jewish holidays using the Gregorian calendar (Passover in January, Sukkot in July, etc.)

http://www.virtuousdaughters.com/

She is now in Israel, volunteering at an assisted living facility run by Messianics.  

http://onegirlsjourney.virtuousdaughters.com/

On the one hand, I had been feeling very sorry for her.  She was assisting a midwife in the US, and had written some very emotional posts that revealed how depressed she is at not being married or having children at this point in her life.  This trip has given her something to be excited about and given her goals to work towards.  On the other hand, the thought of her and other Fake Jews preying on elderly Holocaust survivors makes me stabby.  She thinks that them finding "Yeshua" makes their suffering all better.  I think that it is finishing up Hitler's work and trivializing everything they suffered for.

On the other other hand, I am tickled by the idea of her being totally confused over holidays being celebrated all over the country, you know, on the days they are supposed to be celebrated.

This oughta be good. I wonder how long will take-- if ever-- for her to figure out that Israel is a real country filled with real people and not just a convenient political/religious symbol.

When someone offers her a joint.  When she hears many cats mating LOUDLY.  When she has to buy pads at the grocery store.

On one hand I imagine her being patronizing to the residents and picture her using "elder speak" similar to baby talk. On the other hand she seems to take good care of her clients physically. I bet she is irritating as hell but would feel my loved one was at least safe around her, and doubt she will steal from them. 

My mom is in assisted living, it's been mostly good but something really shitty happened, and the injustice of it broke me for a while. I'll take annoying and patronizing over shitty. 

170 point questionnaire for potential boyfriends?  Has any guy actually attempted to answer?  And if she wants to volunteer with the elderly, why can't she volunteer at a local nursing home?  You know, in the good old U-S-of-A?

I haven't opened any links - is she on a tourist visa?  Missionaries are illegal in israel, she could get deported.

Also, how the heck does celebrating Jewish holidays on the Gregorian calendar even work?  Passover is specifically mentioned as a springtime holiday, so where does January come from?

I actually asked her about the calendar thing, and she wrote a long rambling blog post that she was probably very proud of but it answered nothing.  The way she figures it out is that Passover is in the Hebrew month of Nisan, Nisan is the 1st month of the Jewish year, therefore Passover comes in January.

1 hour ago, meee said:

Missionaries are illegal in israel, she could get deported.

I think that missionaries are allowed, but proselytising minors isn't allowed, and missionary activity "for material benefit" is banned. As far as I can tell it's not a blanket ban, although orthodox groups are looking for that.

6 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

I actually asked her about the calendar thing, and she wrote a long rambling blog post that she was probably very proud of but it answered nothing.  The way she figures it out is that Passover is in the Hebrew month of Nisan, Nisan is the 1st month of the Jewish year, therefore Passover comes in January.

'Scuse me while I pick my Gentile jaw up off the floor after that dumbness.

58 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

'Scuse me while I pick my Gentile jaw up off the floor after that dumbness.

What the what?  Gregorian Calendar?   Um her videos?  Is she talking about Lag B'Omer?  Which like totes invalidates her wackadoo timeline...... 

Archived